A question for my compatriots

Wiriamu

So I'm looking to enter the Makuta Building Contest, and as I've been looking at entries so far it seems like the general approach is variations of either the Shadow Titan look, the Mask Maker look, or something Toa like. I'd like to make an entry-which I will post here-that differs from the norm. I'm planning something non-humanoid, and am thinking I'll really go out there by utilizing pieces from brown and tan colored Bionicle sets, which have the history of being the least popular for cosmetic value. I'll be posting it here in addition to on Rebrick.

So what do y'all think? Am I inspired by the same muse as the great Hafu the Carver, or I am more lost than Protector Nilkuu in the Region of Jungle?

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

So I'm looking to enter the Makuta Building Contest, and as I've been looking at entries so far it seems like the general approach is variations of either the Shadow Titan look, the Mask Maker look, or something Toa like. I'd like to make an entry-which I will post here-that differs from the norm. I'm planning something non-humanoid, and am thinking I'll really go out there by utilizing pieces from brown and tan colored Bionicle sets, which have the history of being the least popular for cosmetic value. I'll be posting it here in addition to on Rebrick.

So what do y'all think? Am I inspired by the same muse as the great Hafu the Carver, or I am more lost than Protector Nilkuu in the Region of Jungle?

Non-human is cool! Miserix was awesome.

And what's wrong with brown and tan? Pohatu is cool. :P

But yeah, Going ahead with a different design may actually give you a better chance. We're going to be seeing a ton of black and gold with the Mask of Control, so something else would be cool.

Maybe an elephant, like the mask itself? :P

Hey, this probably shouldn't be here in the Bionicle-Based creations topic, y'know? This is for completed projects and stuff.

Perhaps Bionicle Discussion or something like that would be better suited for this topic. One of the Mods will probably move it, so don't bother making a new one.

Cool idea maybe go in the scorpion direction.

But I think they maybe putting a halt on the competition because "they need to rethink the prizes."

I got this info from a LEGO email someone posted on Twitter.

It could mean there is a chance the winner could get the MoUP!

I already had a Makuta built for a while now. I've just been improving it the last couple of days.

I'll post some pictures when I enter.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Hey, this probably shouldn't be here in the Bionicle-Based creations topic, y'know? This is for completed projects and stuff.

Perhaps Bionicle Discussion or something like that would be better suited for this topic. One of the Mods will probably move it, so don't bother making a new one.

I honestly wasn't sure where to put it.

I did have an invertebrate in mind-once I've got it built I'll post so y'all can give me some feedback.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Hope I won't get in trouble for double-posting, but I've got the MOC page going now:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/23078-mask-hoarder-desert-scourge/

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs