My Matoran Design

Been a while since I've even looked at this forum, but I found some old Mocs while cleaning out that I thought I might as well post. I discovered an easy and fun way to make a (slightly taller) version of Matorans a while back and had some fun with variations on the design. Pretty sure they all use to have stories, but I hardly remember them now. Anyways, here's my, relatively simplistic, Matoran design.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2j18l9fu7y3cbqg/AACBxSJ7ftmPjB-nNl6yIZ1ka?dl=0#

Please excuse the poor camera angles.

• Upvote 2

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

Easier to show then tell. I added two pics of their varying back structure. It really depends on what pieces were available. The only exception is the one with the flamethrower. His took a special structure.

What I was really going for when I made these (like, years and years back, mind you) was to make a simplistic Matoran model that you could customize as you saw fit. If CCSB is what I think it is (Hero factory parts, right?), I made the basic model years before those even came out. These aren't "new" creations. They're something I found while I was cleaning out.

(I could be wrong, but I think my very first prototype was trying to recreate a mahri-toran, but twelve year old me couldn't remember how, so I made my own.)

What are we searching for? Are we searching for anything or just randomly surfing the internet? I did that once. I found this bionicle fan site called bzpower. Whoever made it had no decorating sense what so ever.

Easier to show then tell. I added two pics of their varying back structure. It really depends on what pieces were available. The only exception is the one with the flamethrower. His took a special structure.

What I was really going for when I made these (like, years and years back, mind you) was to make a simplistic Matoran model that you could customize as you saw fit. If CCSB is what I think it is (Hero factory parts, right?), I made the basic model years before those even came out. These aren't "new" creations. They're something I found while I was cleaning out.

(I could be wrong, but I think my very first prototype was trying to recreate a mahri-toran, but twelve year old me couldn't remember how, so I made my own.)

Yes Hero Factory parts and Bionicle G2 parts are CCBS.

it stands for.

Character

Creature

Building

System

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

• 2 weeks later...

Nice concept.

Add a little more detail maybe some CCBS tossed in and you could have some very interesting MOC's.

Thanks for the inspiration! I had had an older design that I liked but I couldn't really get to look right, mainly due to the Metru shoulder plates and lack of properly colored pieces. But I took your advice and played a bit with it. And of course, what's more Matoran than a Kolhii stick (which I always love to design)? Check him out in the link above.