Great Beings, Other Mu Races, And Marendar

The objective of the Great Beings was to repair Spherus Magna. Now they want their newly reformed planet cleaned of all their repair robots and the Agori's world restored to normal. Why, then, do they start by attacking Toa? Why is Marendar, the being that kills Toa, free? Do the Great Beings even know about the other beligerant races ( Vortixx, Dark Hunters, Skakdi, etc) on Spherus Magna? Do they even appreciate the fact that the Toa are the only protection for the Agori against these races easily taking them over and making them their slaves? (The Golden Being and/or the Shadowed One could easily stomp the Glatorian) I'm tempted to think that that they do not because they don't even know that Matoran are sentient, less that other beings that are sentient and out to get them?Marendar escaped, yes. But why was he even on Spherus Magna if he was in the last stage of the repair robot wipeout plan, after all the other races had been removed. They knew that he could sense Toa, knew that if enough Toa were nearby that he would escape. They created him to find Toa and eliminate them. Unless they were complete and total fools, they should have kept him away from Toa until they knew what they were doing.It seems the Great Beings do not care about the welfare of the Agori (and we all know that the robot's purpose was to restore Spherus Magna and improve their welfare) or they are ignorant of the danger the other MU races pose. It would also seem that they aren't capable of destroying the other MU races without mass uproar, and have decided that removing one race is better than none, while ignoring the fact that that one race is vital to the welfare of all the peaceful persons on that planet.And it isn't really causing much trouble, either, and probably won't...

My understanding was that the Great Beings didn't really know whether any of the races in the MU were benevolent until after the GS Robot was destroyed. At that point, Marendar had already escaped and it was too late to stop him. And he was only programmed to kill Toa because they, along with the Matoran. were supposed to make up the majority of the MU's population, and they were the most powerful beings who existed (in large enough numbers to pose any real threat, that is).Or something like that.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

ah yes but the great beings could not predict the other races mata-nui would create like the makuta. i feel if they knew the makuta existed i think that marander would have been reprogrammed to eliminate all makuta since the makuta are far more destructive and dangerous than the toa. I also want to throw out a idea about marander.I'm assuming that since the great beings created mrander to eliminate all toa that they must have also made him immune to elemental powers or having a device like the vorox of bota magna that causes elemental powers to become inactive. my other thing is would that device also work on the glatorian that gained elemental powers from mata-nui?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

The GBs had Marendar because they had no idea what toa would be like if they ever got to Spherus Magna, and wanted to create a failsafe in case the toa's programming made them think that the best way to protect the matoran was to wipe out everything else.@ Shadow Reaper: I posted a similar theory a while ago, and I agree that knocking out elemental and possibly mask powers would be the most efficient way of making toa less of a threat. Still, that's what the bohrok-kal thought, and look what happened to them. :dazed:

Edited by Mt Ihu

ppg2.png

The GBs had Marendar because they had no idea what toa would be like if they ever got to Spherus Magna, and wanted to create a failsafe in case the toa's programming made them think that the best way to protect the matoran was to wipe out everything else.@ Shadow Reaper: i posted a similar theory a while ago, and I agree that knocking out elemental and possibly mask powers would be the most efficient way of making toa less of a threat. Still, that's what the bohrok-kal thought, and look what happened to them. :dazed:

Also u have to remember that the toa nuva and bohrok-kal incident the powers were actually linked to a object where as the device is not actually linked to the power and would not matter what toa it was.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Yes, of course, though the point I was making was that even without their powers, toa are not to be underestimated.

ah yes that makes since

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

What with the Zyglak topic, this and others, there should just be an official Great Being mistakes topic :PIt is a bit confusing really, you would say that the Toa would have been capable of protecting the Agori from the more rogue species, but if that was the GBs logic, why Marendar? They also didn't forsee the Makuta wiping out so many Toa...I suppose at the end of the day, the GBs didn't have Gaaki's mask of Clairvoyance.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I thought Marendar was made shortly after the MU launched, and that Mata Nui made those other species. Angonce has shown that the GB's didn't think the MU beings would be sentient. But they also thought they might be evil. Those seem fairly contradictory anyways.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

that is true if they did not think they would become sentient than why would they think the possibility of toa being evil. my question is that they created Artahka and Karzahni and with them they had a contest for the mask of creation which would give the hint that they were sentient. Then look at Helryx they created her and i think we can assume she had sentience which they would have seen. heck look at orde the great beings created him and due to his temper the rest of the matoran and toa of psionics were female. now wouldn't that hint that the rest of the matoran and toa regardless the element could gain sentience. it just seems like the great beings were either blind to beings less powerful maybe seeing them as bugs compared to themselves or just arrogant.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

@BVN: They wouldn't have to be 'evil', exactly. Perhaps they would have programming malfunctions that caused them to go rogue. With the GB's track record, it's not a very far-out theory. (I heard they helped Microsoft create Windows Vista.)@SR: There is the possibility of a action-reaction type programming. In fact, scientists today have robots like that, and considering their superior technology, it's plausible. Besides, who's to say the MU inhabitants developed intelligence BEFORE the Shattering?

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

@BVN: They wouldn't have to be 'evil', exactly. Perhaps they would have programming malfunctions that caused them to go rogue. With the GB's track record, it's not a very far-out theory. (I heard they helped Microsoft create Windows Vista.)@SR: There is the possibility of a action-reaction type programming. In fact, scientists today have robots like that, and considering their superior technology, it's plausible. Besides, who's to say the MU inhabitants developed intelligence BEFORE the Shattering?

they would have at least the first one once again i bring up orde who the great beings sent on a mission mind you the GREAT BEINGS sent him to try and calm the Zyglak and he did not and made them worse due to his temper. that would insinuate that they knew they would have intelligence.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu