Lohkar - Pirate Captain Of The Bzprpg

Ghosthands

lohkar_banner_copy.jpg

"Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!"

And so, after a long wait, I am finally able to present to you: Lohkar!

If you play the BZPRPG, you'll probably have heard of Lohkar, and your characters may have run into him at some point. Trouble seems to follow this infamous Lesterin wherever he goes!

Lohkar took me quite a while to make, for various reasons. This was mostly because the majority of my pieces are up in the loft, and it doesn't look like they'll be coming down any time soon. I had to order various spares, both from eBay and Bricklink. I also created my first custom-painted Kanohi for Lohkar; see below.

Lohkar is probably my favourite of my RPG characters, and definitely my favourite MOC to date. I've managed to MOC him exactly as I first imagined him.

I feel I've managed to capture Lohkar's character in his build. I used the Glatorian ankle plates and Mata Feet on his forearms to give a similarity to the baggy clothing typically worn by pirates of our world.

I'm also quite pleased with his sword; although some might say it's a tad too large, I think it has a good flow and shape to it.

More pics:

BONUS PICS:

Comments, compliments, and constructive criticism gratefully accepted!

Edit: Huuuge 5 MB picture linked. o_o

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I noticed this on the Wiki, and came over to have a look.Very nice.The legs are awesome, and the system you used to make the arms is very clever, if not genius.Although, I must admit I'd never guessed Lohkar looked like this... :P

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

This is easily one of the most well-executed Inkia build I've seen in my entire life! I absolutely love it! And that sword! I'll give it a 9/10 (could've earned the ten with a more custom torso, but who cares?!)

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I noticed this on the Wiki, and came over to have a look.Very nice.The legs are awesome, and the system you used to make the arms is very clever, if not genius.Although, I must admit I'd never guessed Lohkar looked like this... :P

Haha, thanks. The legs and arms were the first bits I made, so they kind of got preferential treatment XDWell, it's hard to describe such a customised character in type...

Very nice! Not that far from what I thought he looked like. I'd like to see him with a mask, though. You have obviously planned him carefully. Good job!

Well, my description can't have been that bad, then!The "In Disguise" picture shows him in his Arthron.

This is easily one of the most well-executed Inkia build I've seen in my entire life! I absolutely love it! And that sword! I'll give it a 9/10 (could've earned the ten with a more custom torso, but who cares?!)

I don't understand why some people are so against the Inika build; I much prefer it to the Metru one, for example.Yeah, I'd planned to make the torso more articulated (you know, with moving shoulders and so forth) but my lack of much freedom parts-wise meant that this was the best I could come up with...

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Looks + Design: 9/10This is near perfection - Great coloration and a really good way to put parts together in your body and hands. However, to me, It felt like some parts, such as the thighs, were a bit 'lacking' while the arm had a little blue cross sticking out. However, the biggest problems (Actually very small) I had were in both weapons. For the shooting mechanism, I find it weird having half a Thornax launcher on top of a Inikagunthingymajigy (Name forgotten). While I like good looks, I like them best with good articulation and it actually working. I feel like that would easily block the shooting, although I might be wrong.As for the sword, it doesn't seem like a sword to me. Looks like a awesome stick with a bent toothpick on the bottom and a bent scythe on the top. The small blade (Other side of fist) is just too small, and the top blade looks barely attached. I think I would have liked it better if it were a scythe.Thats my opinion.Articulation: 8/10This actually is really important IMO, as I feel that it should also be really playable. The arm system isn't really posable, the elbow not being able to be bend all the way. Plus with the really large fin armor, it would create even more 'blockage.'Overall: 8.5/10Posable, Playable, looks great and feels great. The only things I felt bad were...1. Arms have slightly low articulation2. Weapons are weird.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013