Organic life on Aqua Magna

While reading this topic, the matter of organic life on Mata-Nui came up.

Acording to BIOSector01, all the creatures on the island are not native to it, and we also know that there are no other natural land masses on Aqua Magna.

And giving a look at the creatures page, we see that most creatures found on Aqua Magna are well, aquatic.

But what about all the birds and the dragonflies? Where did they come from? Insects and birds need land and vegitation to survive, don't they?

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

Yeah, that does make for an interesting point. I would assume it came from within the Mata Nui Robot itself. To a degree it would make sense because the Mata Nui robot was on it's return journey from visiting other world's when Makuta took over and the robot crashed. Makuta was also in charge of creating rahi and maybe some primitive and smaller creatures were kept/archived in order to study for rahi creation. In addition, all of the islands we've seen, with the exception of Mata Nui island itself, are within the actual Mata Nui robot, yet organic birds are seen on Metru Nui and some of the other internal islands. It's also possible that during the creation of the Mata Nui robot internal islands that eggs and smaller creatures existed on the internal vegetation. This is just mere speculation. There's not a lot to go off of here.

Edited by Azon
  • Upvote 1

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)

To be honest I was never particularly fond of "organic" lifeforms in Bionicle, mainly because they were often next to impossible to suitably MOC with actual Bionicle parts. However, in the case of the birds and dragonflies on this page, I can't even tell when in the story they appeared nor whether that appearance would actually make them indisputably canon (yet another instance when I'd appreciate if BS01 actually cited sources). The creatures gallery does have a picture of an "organic" bird, but from the picture alone I would say it could go either way, and for that matter I don't know which specific animation it appeared in or whether every detail of said animation should be considered canon at face value. And no telling where organic dragonflies supposedly appeared.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The creatures gallery does have a picture of an "organic" bird, but from the picture alone I would say it could go either way, and for that matter I don't know which specific animation it appeared in or whether every detail of said animation should be considered canon at face value.

They appear in this video of Onua's arrival:

When this animation was used in the opening for The Legend of Mata Nui, though, they were changed to more "biomechanical"-looking birds (@1:03):

So this specific kind of bird's canonicity is at least questionable.

• Upvote 4

OpAXNpl.jpg

I can't find the exact quote, but I remember reading somewhere on BS01 (I think) that there were small sandbars scattered around Aqua Magna that allowed the birds and stuff to survive the 100,000 or so years between the Shattering and Mata Nui's impact on Aqua Magna. And I assume that the sandbars originally came from some obscure Greg quote from back in the day.

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

I can't find the exact quote, but I remember reading somewhere on BS01 (I think) that there were small sandbars scattered around Aqua Magna that allowed the birds and stuff to survive the 100,000 or so years between the Shattering and Mata Nui's impact on Aqua Magna. And I assume that the sandbars originally came from some obscure Greg quote from back in the day.

I was thinking the same thing. Glad to know that it may actually be canon.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I had to Google what a sandbar is  :P 

Sounds pretty rough, living off sandbars for generations.

And no telling where organic dragonflies supposedly appeared.

I seem to remember seeing dragonflies in some promotional still depicting one of the Toa in thier corresponding region surrounded by the regional wildlife, but I could't find it.

Maybe they are in a couple frames in MOL, as I seem to remember seahorses in a swimming scene with Gali. Its reasonable to assume dragonflies show up at some point.

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png