Opened 15 Bohrok Awake Packs

Iruini Nuva

bohrokawake_collection_640.jpg

Click to zoom

Cracked open 15 Bohrok Awake packs tonight, figured you all might enjoy a glimpse of the spoils. :)

The cards in the sleeves are preexisting from back when I got them in 2002 (and have a bit more play wear to show for it). Between them all, looks like I have a full set except Tahu, Exo-Kopaka, and Lewa. Gonna have to find some more packs. ;)

I've also noticed some funny production bugs. One of the Pohatus and I believe Kopaka have a much darker stripe of foil ink running through the image. Looks like a printer thing.

• Upvote 8

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

Ooooh, nice! 

I have copies of most of the cards kicking around somewhere, but I didn't have the fun of getting them from actual packs - save for the single pack I got  back in 2002. 

I need to get some card sleeves like those you've got - much nicer than keeping the cards stacked and stowed away in a closet.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I've no idea what I am looking at, but I am jealous.

All you young folks missed out on some good stuff. ;) This was the second Bionicle TCG that Lego made (after Quest for the Masks). Card packs came with the short-lived Mighty Kids Meals at McDonald's, haha.

Oooo. Cards and pretty pictures.

So pretty. ^_^ Really love little items like this from the early years. The art was so great. Would much rather have more of these as supporting media than an app, ha.

Ooooh, nice! 

I have copies of most of the cards kicking around somewhere, but I didn't have the fun of getting them from actual packs - save for the single pack I got  back in 2002. 

I need to get some card sleeves like those you've got - much nicer than keeping the cards stacked and stowed away in a closet.

Yeah, I think I only got 2 packs back in 2002. Found this batch on eBay, ha.

And yeah, the card sleeves are great! These cards feel a bit thinner than other TCGs (granted, McD prize), so they show wear a bit faster. Definitely recommend sleeves to keep them shiny. :)

Yep this card game should have official tournaments on Brick Fair.

That would be amazing. My understanding of the mechanics in this game are that it's pretty straightforward and since there are only 30 cards, deckbuilding is pretty limited. Mostly comes down to draw and your ability to play probabilities with your Toa.

Would love to see a QftM tournament too. Way more cards there to play with.

Edited by Iruini Nuva
  • Upvote 1

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

So pretty. ^_^ Really love little items like this from the early years. The art was so great. Would much rather have more of these as supporting media than an app, ha.

The Mata-Nui Board Game will forever be a love of mine. Loved the buildable map.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

The Mata-Nui Board Game will forever be a love of mine. Loved the buildable map.
I've got fond memories of just building the board.

I have some of those cards laying in a binder somewhere still. Never actually played the game, but I loved collecting the cards.

Oh, I remember these. Man, that nostalgia hit slow but forcefully. I loved the design of them when I was younger. I remember trying to draw the masks with pen and paper, using the cards as a guide. Nuva kanohi were never easy to draw.

Remembering the OACP. 

Back in my day, we created amazing wondrous fictions within the Bionicle Universe.