[G1] Why did the Order of Mata Nui Declare War on the Brotherhood of M

Carakki

So, the BS01 entry on this "destiny war" states that the Order always knew it would have to reveal itself and battle the Brotherhood in the public spotlight. It even states that they began finally making preparations after Mahri Nui's return to the Southern Continent. But I can't find any reference to exactly what triggered the Brotherhood-Order war. Did Helryx discover Teridax's Plan to take over the Matoran Universe? Or did they already know, and simply decide not to act? The Makuta spread death, fear, and violence in the Matoran Universe for a thousand years; why did the Order wait until Matoro's usage of the Ignika to wage war on the organization that put Mata Nui - the very being the Order existed to serve - to sleep?

"You and I both know there are a thousand ways I can kill you. And 943 of them hurt."
-Teridax, Time Trap

With the Toa Nuva nearing their goal of awakening Mata Nui, I think the Order must have been expecting a final assault from the Brotherhood to keep him asleep.  Plus, eight powerful Makuta had left their realms to fight the Toa in Karda Nui, leaving them wide open for an attack.  I think Helryx sensed that the endgame was upon them, particularly given that the Brotherhood had shown it was perfectly fine with letting Mata Nui die and putting the whole Matoran Universe at risk to achieve their goals.