MAFIA III: THE CULT RISEN

Voltex

NIGHT ONE

THE EGGNOG BAR

The wooden sign swung back and forth in the breeze, hanging from a single rusted chain; as with the rest of the building, it was rather run-down, but Voltex (like almost every other person in the village) lacked the funds for proper repairs. Even the Cult of Hapori Dume struggled to retain funds when they all lived in the middle of nowhere.

Blade tapped the sign as she stepped onto the deck and pushed open the door, stepping into Voltex’s Eggnog Bar. Voltex himself was behind the counter, scrubbing at a glass; there were patrons scattered throughout the room, all keeping to themselves.

“What can I get for you?” Voltex asked as she slid onto a stool at the bar.

“Just waiting,” she said, frowning as a cloaked figure claimed the stool next to her. “Burn’s supposed to be meeting me here for coffee soon.”

Voltex was nodding; beside her the cloaked figure chuckled.

“Something funny?” she asked.

“Maybe,” the figure replied, and she could almost hear the smirk that must have been on their face as they held out a hand. “The name is Two. I’ve been looking for Burnmad as well, as it happens.”

Her frown deepened, and she ignored the hand being offered. “You’re a member of the Mafia, aren’t you?”

Behind the counter, Voltex froze – and she could feel everyone else in the room do the same. The Mafia member didn’t seem to be bothered by the attention, though it was rather hard to tell without being able to see their face.

“Don’t worry, Blade. Like I said, I’m here for Burnmad.”

“Sure thing,” she said, slowly sliding off of the stool. “If you’ll just excuse me, I… need the bathroom.”

“Of course.”

She backed away before turning and hurrying into the back of the bar, pushing the door to the bathroom open and then immediately slamming it shut behind her. She was just taking a deep breath to calm herself when she noticed the other Matoran leaning on the sink. This one was cloaked as well, but amusement was radiating off of them in waves as they stepped towards her, pulling a knife out of their robes. Before she could react the blade of the knife was up against her throat, and a flashlight was shining into her eyes; after a moment, the figure huffed with disappointment before the flashlight flickered off and they stepped back, opening her wallet and scattering every piece of identification she owned in the sink.

“You’re not who I’m looking for,” the figure mumbled, speaking to themselves. “Bollocks. Maybe tomorrow night, I guess.”

The cards were shoved back into her wallet, which was unceremoniously tossed back to her.

“Who are you?” she asked.

“You know that already,” the figure told her. “I’m the Spy, of course. I’m here to end your Cult Leader’s life.”

Blade knew when it was time to get out of dodge. Two minutes later, she was shoving past both Ehks and Voxumo on her way out of the Eggnog Bar.

-

Voxumo sat down with Ehks at their customary table and ordered their usual as they waited for their third party to arrive. They had both connected soon after the Cult had returned, and Voxumo knew that Ehks was one of the few people still alive in the town that he could trust with his life.

He shook his head; it was still hard to process how the tides had turned. One day, he and his cohorts in the Mafia had been terrorizing the town – and the next, they were suddenly working together to hunt down the Cult Leader (although that had failed in extraordinary fashion, seeing as how few members of the town outside of the Mafia had not yet been converted).

Although he no longer knew the identities of his fellow Mafia members (a security measure taken by all of them, so that none could betray the others if converted), he was confident that Ehks could be trusted… and had to be kept safe from harm.

He had just grabbed Ehks’s arm and was opening his mouth to inform him (dutifully ignoring the pain that was rapidly blossoming in his chest) when he was interrupted by the arrival of a third Matoran… but not the Matoran that he and Ehks were looking for.

The newcomer had a charismatic aura, and Voxumo had to fight against the urge to kneel before him. His absolute terror helped with that somewhat, as he found himself unable to move, trembling with fear, as the Cult Leader spoke, extending his hand to Ehks.

“Greetings, Ehks.” Their voice was velvety, smooth, and irresistible. “You know who I am, I assume. I would like to extend an offer to you.”

Ehks looked confused. “Are you… what? I’m your Medic, remember? You only converted me like, four days ago! How have you forgotten already?”

“I did?” the Cult Leader asked, now sounding confused. “Oh. That’s uh… that’s my bad. Sorry. My memory is a little off at the moment.”

“So is everyone’s,” Ehks grumbled. “Stupid Mafia, making us all forget everything.”

The Cult Leader nodded. “Yes. It is rather… difficult to hunt them as things stand. Case in point here, as I have now wasted a night.”

Without another word, the Cult Leader spun on their heel and vanished from the bar. Ehks stared after them in silence for a moment before his attention returned to Voxumo and his eyes widened in alarm.

“Vox, man, what the heck?! You look like you’ve seen a ghost!”

“You’re the Medic?” Voxumo asked, hoping against hope that he had misheard.

Ehks scratched his neck. “You uh… weren’t supposed to know that.”

Voxumo choked as horror blossomed in his chest. Something dripped from his eye, and he reached up to wipe at it with a trembling hand; when he pulled it away, his hand was smeared red with blood. Ehks was frozen, staring at him with equal parts fear and confusion.

“I was going to protect you from the Cult tonight,” Voxumo said, his voice cracking before he coughed, spewing up more blood.

“Oh Dume,” Ehks muttered. “You’ve doomed us both.”

Voxumo stood to his feet, his chair clattering to the floor behind him. He turned towards the bar, stumbling towards it – only to gasp as a knife was driven into his chest, the Mafia member responsible leaning in.

“For the Mafia.”

They yanked the knife back out and stepped back, only for another Mafia member to step forward, this one stabbing him in the gut. They too leaned in.

“For the Mafia.”

As the second knife was wrenched out, Voxumo fell to his knees, clutching at the holes in his body as blood pumped out of them, his mind fogging. The feeling of betrayal flooded through him as he slowly realized what had happened, before he fell back onto the hardwood floor. All he could do was stare up at the ceiling as his vision slowly blurred, feeling the blood pooling underneath him, until everything went black, and he knew no more.

-

The two guilty Mafia members were joined by Two as they stared down at Voxumo.

“Was it necessary?” Two asked.

One of the guilty members – the member known as Four – gestured towards the table, where Ehks was hunched over the table, still seated in his chair; blood dripped out of the Medic’s eyes and mouth as he slowly choked to death, thanks to the effects of Voxumo trying to protect him. The sight was, quite frankly, a little disturbing.

“Let’s be going, then,” Two muttered.

As they exited the Eggnog Bar (ignoring the horrified gazes of the other patrons), they passed by Pulse as he entered, stopping directly underneath the sign.

“Get out of here, Two,” the other member – known as One – ordered.

“You can’t tell me what to do.”

“I just did. Scram.”

Two huffed, but obeyed nonetheless. Once he was gone, One turned to Three.

“You weren’t mercy killing.”

Four shook his head, remaining silent. A gust of wind caused the sign to swing violently, before the rusted chain snapped; Four caught the sign as it fell.

“Well, I’ll be seeing you around, I suppose,” One continued. “Good luck surviving, but I doubt either of us needs it. Nobody ever notices you, and even if they do notice me, well… they can try, I suppose.”

They went their separate ways.

-

Inside the bar, Pulse had watched as ToaD and Smoke Monster had been backed up against the wall by a Ta-Matoran with a gas mask on. Over behind the bar, they could hear Voltex ranting about killers ruining his establishment, but personally, Pulse would appreciate it if Voltex would actually do something about it.

Unfortunately for Pulse – and even more so for ToaD - even if Voltex had done something, it would have been far, far too late to stop the axe from becoming embedded in ToaD’s skull.

It also would have been far, far too late to stop the Mafia member known as Three from stabbing Pulse in the back six times in rapid succession.

-

Elsewhere, the Detective smirked as they rifled through all of Nato’s belongings, still unaware of the events at the Eggnog Bar.

“Aha! I knew it!”

They pulled a raggedy identification card out of Nato’s best suit jacket, reading it over.

“I knew that Nato was the Plague Doctor!”

Voxumo (Plague Doctor) killed by Mafia 1 & 4, + Protecting Medic

Ehks (Medic) killed by Plague Doctor’s protection

ToaD (Cultist) killed by Pyro

Pulse (Cultist) killed by Mafia 3 bonus

The following are all known to be innocent in the deaths tonight:

-Luroka, Blade, Burnmad, Smoke Monster

Everyone else remains a suspect in the killings. You all have FOUR votes at your disposal, as four players died. Divide these votes as you wish; the player with the highest number of votes shall be executed.

VOTING BEGINS NOW. YOU HAVE 24 HOURS.

• Upvote 4

That was a lot of death.

I'll wait for a bit to vote.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Well... of all the luck possible... Though it fits in line with my prior tenure as plague doctor..

Sorry Ehksidian, was not my intention to kill you...

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I vote - Ohhh, I'm dead. How inconvenient. Well, I'm allergic to egg anyway. 

Now I can do some sinister spooky skeleton stuff. A curse upon my killer! May their body be forever inhabited by a spooky skeleton.

• Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Votes:

TMD - 4

Dragonstar - 3

RG - 4

Burnmad - 2

Votes Remaining:

(for those who have voted but not used all their votes, otherwise I shall forget)

Xccj - 2

Dragonstar - 3

FF - 2

about 4 hours left for voting!

Edited by Tex

That was a lot of death.

So I'll vote twice on TMD and once on Dragonstar, and save my other vote in case one of you ninjas something.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

As Voltex hasn't posted yet voting technically hasn't ended so I'll use my other vote on Dragonstar in an attempt to save my life.

(EDIT: actually apparently voting ended before xccj posted, as Voltex said 24 hours from when it was posted)

Edited by Spooky RG

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

That was a lot of death.

So I'll vote twice on TMD and once on Dragonstar, and save my other vote in case one of you ninjas something.

Last two votes for RG

:music:

these were the last two voting posts to be made during the time limit; any others made after do not count.

Votes:

TMD - 7

Dragonstar - 7

RG - 7

Burnmad - 2

Votes Remaining:

(for those who have voted but not used all their votes, otherwise I shall forget)

Dragonstar - 3

FF - 2

Valendale - 3

RG - 1

names in red are the players being executed. day scene will be posted as soon as finished.

"Posted Oct 01 2016 - 04:20 PM"

"VOTING BEGINS NOW. YOU HAVE 24 HOURS."

"xccj, on 02 Oct 2016 - 4:39 PM, said:"

I see how this is, the village bending rules to have more bloodshed. =P

Edited by Spooky RG

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

so americana voted for an innocent?

You can never be too sure when someone will stab you in the back.

"Posted Oct 01 2016 - 04:20 PM"

He voted within the time frame of the final warning I gave.

so americana voted for an innocent?

You can never be too sure when someone will stab you in the back.

"Posted Oct 01 2016 - 04:20 PM"

He voted within the time frame of the final warning I gave.

Eh good point.

Yay, bloodshed time! =D

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

=/

it seems like every chance I get to play an iconic game, I leave town for the weekend...

Is this really an iconic game though?

Idk, I thought your Cult series was held in high regards, but I could possibly be remembering the discussion topic wrong =P

2xu8Ptu.png

=/

it seems like every chance I get to play an iconic game, I leave town for the weekend...

Is this really an iconic game though?
Idk, I thought your Cult series was held in high regards, but I could possibly be remembering the discussion topic wrong =P

III-4 was certainly quite good and it's a shame it was lost to time. III-2 was alright. III was mired by its experimental nature and III-3 died of my own inactivity.

The By the Numbers series is better in my personal opinion. Or BXN.

All Voltex games are undeniably good, because anyone who denies it gets fed to the Pyro

- :burnmad:

Please, I've had my fair share of duds.

• Upvote 1