Odd/uncommon colors for secondary element Matoran

Not sure if this is the right place to discuss this, but I felt that this would be pretty interesting to discuss.

We've seen uncommon but possible colors for the main six types of Matoran.  We've seen Onu-Matoran with tan, purple, and even orange bits on them.  Ta-Matoran can have black as a primary armor color.  Ko-Matoran can have dark grey parts and masks, as long as there's white somewhere on them.  Hahli has been green and blue before.

What about secondary Matoran?  They all have one or two colors assigned to them, but what about some other colors that still just outside of that range?

Like, for example, Su-Matoran are orange and white.  Could they have red parts too?  That still goes with the whole heat thing they've got going on, but the white offsets any chance of them being mistaken for Ta-Matoran.

Both Fa-Matoran and De-Matoran have a black and grey color scheme, which could also be an Onu-Matoran.  Could they also have purple/orange/whatever parts?

Seems like Fe-Matoran got it good in this regard.  They can be anywhere from grey, gold, and burnt orange!

I see De-Matoran being anywhere between black and white, but also sporting sand blue. I see Fa-Matoran sporting dark tones mostly, but also somestimes blue and or red.

As for Ce-Matoran I see them sporting by default blue and gold, but also some very strange colors to, like pink, red, purple, green even. And bizzare metallic tones, like that of say uranium almost. I also see them being able to change their colors.

Same as Ce-Matoran, I see Bo-Matoran being able to change their colors like camoflauge, as for main colors anything green and or blue, but also Purples, black to whites, browns, and reds. Perhaps even tan.

Edited by Spoopy Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I see De-Matoran being anywhere between black and white, but also sporting sand blue. I see Fa-Matoran sporting dark tones mostly, but also somestimes blue and or red.

As for Ce-Matoran I see them sporting by default blue and gold, but also some very strange colors to, like pink, red, purple, green even. And bizzare metallic tones, like that of say uranium almost. I also see them being able to change their colors.

Same as Ce-Matoran, I see Bo-Matoran being able to change their colors like camoflauge, as for main colors anything green and or blue, but also Purples, black to whites, browns, and reds. Perhaps even tan.

Oh, I like the sand blue for De-Matoran.  Nice idea.

I like the purple for Ce-Matoran too, but the rest, I feel like they're a bit of a stretch unless they're accent colors at best.

I think tan would make sense for Bo-Matoran, since wood is that color.  I feel like it could make a nice contrast with blue or green without clashing too much.  Good call.  I also think purple could be a good extra color for Bo-Matoran.  Though the others, I feel like they're a bit of a stretch.  I can probably see where you're getting those (flowers can be those colors), but I can't see them myself.

Also, speaking of Fa-Matoran, Jovan had white parts on him despite being mostly black and gunmetal, so I personally fully accept white as a De-Matoran color, albeit a minor one (just an accent, not a primary).

We did see some Onu-Matoran wearing blue in Tales of the Tohunga/Quest for the Toa.

Anyway, I imagine all the Kal colours as valid tertiary colours for their elements and for come reason I imagine green as an ultra rare lightning colour like blue is for fire (again referencing TotT). Actually I think I read some ware that green lightning was a real thing?

Oh and yellow being a common tertiary colour sor sonics.

Hey, remember that one green/purple Matoran who looked after the trees in TotT? He was probably a Bo-Matoran! I mean, that probably wasn't what the game designers intended but since one of the Toa Mangai was supposedly a Toa of 'the Green' it's not unthinkable. Or mabey it's just an ultra rare Onu or Le Matoran colour mix...

I wonder if the Onu-Matoran wear uncommon colors because it's harder to distinguish colors in the dark of the caves.  Sort of like road workers wearing neon orange so people can see them.

Also, maybe 'orange' as a color means all different shades of orange.  Maybe a Su-Matoran could have normal Vakama orange, burnt orange, or Keetongu orange.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Not sure what would work for a tan color scheme with blue markings, but that's something that sounds kinda cool. Also, yellow isn't a thing. Neither is pink, but I can imagine that on some (particularly indignant) Ba-Matoran.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Think it's been years since I posted... I still check the site every day for some reason, though.

I imagine Su-Matoran having bright neon-sign-like colors, especially blue, green and purple in addition to the usual orange. Or maybe stellar colors like red, yellow and blue.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I can see Su-Matoran having yellows and pinks, or  Ce- and Vo-Matoran with purple in place of blue. Bo- could occasionally have some brown, which makes more sense than blue to me.

I also headcanon that a Matoran's armour colour might gradually change in response to environmental factors or health, so colours might appear duller when sick, and a Ta-Matoran might start to fade a little in extremely cold weather. Ga-Matoran who live in marshy areas might have more teal on them, possibly even green, while those who live near the sea will have deep royal and sky blues. Matoran living in urban or industrial environments will have more dark greys and silver, which can be seen in the Metru Nui Matoran compared to how they looked on Mata Nui.

Colour changes might also occur after surgery or rebuilding, which is why nobody questioned Takua's feet turning blue, though this was actually a subconscious manifestation of his Av-Matoran power, possibly also influenced by his admiration of Gali.

• Upvote 1

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

I also headcanon that a Matoran's armour colour might gradually change in response to environmental factors or health, so colours might appear duller when sick, and a Ta-Matoran might start to fade a little in extremely cold weather. Ga-Matoran who live in marshy areas might have more teal on them, possibly even green, while those who live near the sea will have deep royal and sky blues. Matoran living in urban or industrial environments will have more dark greys and silver, which can be seen in the Metru Nui Matoran compared to how they looked on Mata Nui.

Colour changes might also occur after surgery or rebuilding, which is why nobody questioned Takua's feet turning blue, though this was actually a subconscious manifestation of his Av-Matoran power, possibly also influenced by his admiration of Gali.

I've never thought of it that way.  That environment thing actually makes a lot of sense.

As for Takua being partially blue after rebuilding, I just figured everyone in Ta-Koro recognized him as being "the weird blue guy" so he just rolled with it, but that makes sense too.