Dank Bionicle Memes

SPIRIT

Yeah, they have. I don't know why, but I'm enjoying it as it is. They seem to stem from the somewhat recently formed r/bioniclememes subreddit. And, while I haven't made any so far, I feel like I might make at least one in the future.

• Upvote 2

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

They do seem to be popping up all over the place today, particularly me irl, who appear to be having some form of meme of the month war.
Haven't posted any myself yet, but a few of them have given me a good chuckle.

-Roki

Edited by Roki
  • Upvote 2
sigflower4.png

It's great seeing our little franchise getting mainstream recognition, as much as Reddit can provide, anyway. The sudden influx of memes is as inexplicable as it is amusing, and I look forward to what else lies in store before something new obscures it.

• Upvote 7

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

What I want to know is why Bionicle of all things? How was it chosen to suddenly be a meme theme?

• Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I think this might be one of the ones you found based on sheer dankness alone. Can't seem to find any others, though.

Edited by Sir Keksalot
  • Upvote 5

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

This is probably the best one I've seen so far.

I actually saw this one online. I didn't know it was one of these memes. 

*snip*

I think this might be one of the ones you found based on sheer dankness alone. Can't seem to find any others, though.

That video is hilarious. Kind of clever too IMO.

This one's the most hilarious  :ahhh:

4214R9O.jpg

I think this one might give me nightmares....

I wonder if Lego's kicking themselves right now given that they just cancelled the line right before it makes it big in mainstream pop culture.

I hope they are. :P

• Upvote 4

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I wonder if Lego's kicking themselves right now given that they just cancelled the line right before it makes it big in mainstream pop culture.

I've never liked a Bzpower post so much befor.

Given that G1 fans generation are the main meme creators it makes since that G2 could of given them a form of inspiration.

Now Lego will create G3 because memes.

To help the spread of the memes here are more.

8E7idql.jpg

vhisola_by_jiayi-d45nfap.png

Edited by ToaTimeLord
  • Upvote 5

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

*Sits back patiently, waits for the Internet to realize that Evanescence's "Bring Me to Life" describes both Bionicle and its fandom perfectly right now*

Why not Creeping in My Soul? It's practically the same song!

Edited by Chip Biscuit

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

*Sits back patiently, waits for the Internet to realize that Evanescence's "Bring Me to Life" describes both Bionicle and its fandom perfectly right now*

Why not Creeping in My Soul? It's practically the same song!

Evanescence is cringier and, thus, danker. Also, there is an unsettling amount of "Bring Me to Life" music videos of Bionicle on YouTube, thus amplifying the cringe further.

• Upvote 4

What I want to know is why Bionicle of all things? How was it chosen to suddenly be a meme theme?

From what I've gathered, there was somewhat of a war going on of which meme would become the "Meme of the month" for the me_irl subreddit, someone posted a meme referencing this picture from a few months ago. This sparked a bunch of nostalgia from the posters of the subreddit who began to make all of the Bionicle crossover memes currently on their page.

- Roki

• Upvote 2
sigflower4.png

Be careful how you use that word "Dank" because believe me, people are associating bionicle with "drug culture" take that how you want it. Tuuli knows.

Well that just wonderful.

He said in a sarcastic manner.

It is wonderful, because Bionicles are what we call "trippy"

These qualify as memes?

They're just images with captions slapped on.

That's the definition of a dank meme.  A low quality, low effort pairing of text and image, typically in parody of those who misuse the form.

And while @Tuuli is correct that there was originally a connotation of a connection to drug culture, this isn't necessarily the case any more -- most of these memes have nothing to do with drugs.  And in any case, there aren't actually any rules against talking about drugs on BZPower.

Dank memes poisoned my water supply, burned my crops and delivered a plague unto my house.

They did? :o

Dank memes poisoned my water supply, burned my crops and delivered a plague unto my house.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/spongefan/images/9/9d/Bubble_Buddy.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140921094850

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

They did? :o

No, but are we gonna wait around until they do?

• Upvote 6

I haven't contributed but I've been amazed seeing how far it has spread. It's been dominating multiple meme sites, threads on 4chan, Dorkly and College Humor are posting it. Imgur is blowing up and I have friends sending me them since I like Bionicle. 

What a time to be alive.

• Upvote 3

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell