The Official OTC TBRPG Planning and Organization Topic

Noxryn

Native American/etc. mythology to be fairy tales,

It's really going depend on your definition of mythology here for a lot of the tribes. For instance, last semester I did my term paper on Cherokee mythology, and found out that it really wasn't a structured mythology, rather that it was at best a collection of stories. Indeed many of the stories in Cherokee mythology are exceedingly similar to tales we think of today, they even have their own version of the turtle and the hare. I eventually renamed the paper's title to Cherokee folklore because of this.

There's a book I get from the library often, ah, "Friends of Thunder, Folktales of the Oklahoma Cherokees," which did a very good job of going around and collecting many of these stories. I'm not quite as familiar on Navajo unfortunately so I'm not certain has to how they structured their myths, but Cherokee folklore very much would fit into the format here.

And the whole "hurr hurr people'll get offended logic" that we got back in the day regarding Native American-y stuff really doesn't apply I'd think. Obviously I can't speak for every single person on the forum but, well, somehow I doubt that we're going find that one guy who's a native and believes all the folktales and will get offended by it. Me, I don't feel offended by Cherokee things being used, unless it's just being butchered terribly but I feel offended anytime someone butchers any culture's tales and mythologies terribly.

That and I played a thunderbird in XMDD and I failed to see anyone come up to me and go "blarg humva you are a disgrace you are defiling my sacred traditions." But hey, my fellow judges may have differing opinions so we'll see how they take it.

Edited by Darth Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

It's cool, I'm here for infodumps on such things. =P

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

Before the AOT discussion continues, I'd like to point a few things out.

Attack on Titan (Or Shingeki no Kyojin if you like to profess your deep knowledge of Japanase) is still a 'living' series. It hasn't ended yet, and I assume it's barely begun. The Manga series is at issue 50 (clarification please?), while the Anime is no more then eight episodes long, and doesn't even have an English dub yet. There's an extremely large amount of things in the series that isn't known yet, and a lot of questions that have been answered in the manga, but not in the anime. Attempting to make an RPG around AOT would have to make assumptions, which might not be entirely true, and reveal important plot secrets to those who haven't read/seen the series yet.

I do not support the concept. Not only due to the spoilers part, but the fact that you'd have to create a timeline based off "Titans appeared, starting attacking humanity" and take it from there while avoiding the events of the anime. With so little revealed in the ongoing series, I don't think this is a great idea.

I really don't see how "make stuff up to fill in the gaps" is so different from what half the RPGs based on previous properties do anyway. And so what if you change the canon slightly if the RPG and the anime go off in two different directions, I say again that pretty much all the licensed property RPGs on here (and pretty much everywhere else) do that anyway

7AOYGDJ.jpg

It's really going depend on your definition of mythology here for a lot of the tribes. For instance, last semester I did my term paper on Cherokee mythology, and found out that it really wasn't a structured mythology, rather that it was at best a collection of stories. Indeed many of the stories in Cherokee mythology are exceedingly similar to tales we think of today, they even have their own version of the turtle and the hare. I eventually renamed the paper's title to Cherokee folklore because of this.

There's a book I get from the library often, ah, "Friends of Thunder, Folktales of the Oklahoma Cherokees," which did a very good job of going around and collecting many of these stories. I'm not quite as familiar on Navajo unfortunately so I'm not certain has to how they structured their myths, but Cherokee folklore very much would fit into the format here.

And the whole "hurr hurr people'll get offended logic" that we got back in the day regarding Native American-y stuff really doesn't apply I'd think. Obviously I can't speak for every single person on the forum but, well, somehow I doubt that we're going find that one guy who's a native and believes all the folktales and will get offended by it. Me, I don't feel offended by Cherokee things being used, unless it's just being butchered terribly but I feel offended anytime someone butchers any culture's tales and mythologies terribly.

That and I played a thunderbird in XMDD and I failed to see anyone come up to me and go "blarg humva you are a disgrace you are defiling my sacred traditions." But hey, my fellow judges may have differing opinions so we'll see how they take it.

From a similar project I had this year, I can pretty much attest complete agreement with the arguments of the first/second paragraphs.

As far as the third, I've already made that opinion known so no need to repeat myself repeat myself.

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Nah man it's fine, Lev just apparently felt the need to state that he agrees with me. Don't take it as getting ganged up on, everyone's comments here are welcome. You already said that you didn't know and that's fine, I doubt that Lev meant any extra malice with his comments after-the-fact.

voidstars.png

I already admitted that I didn't know much about the subject, and admitted I was wrong. Maybe I shouldn't haave said anything in the first place..

It wasn't directed at you or anyone directly, so sorry if it came off that way. I was, as Humva said, just stating agreement. More so, I'm stating agreement through direct experience - I looked through my web history, and found an interesting collection of stories from tribes in the Pacific Northwest that are more folklore than a firm religion.

My phrasing was probably the problem in calling it an argument. To put it in a better matter, I agree with what was said, not what was argued.

If anything, it would be directed at Fourtheenth's concerns on whether or not to accept the stories of certain cultures on a mythological note or what not.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Speaking of which, if anyone might happen to know where to look for named stories from Navajo folklore, I would appreciate the pointer.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

Before I get to this liitle thing I've been working on, I just wanted to say a few things:

1. I apologize for any typos. My new notepad doesn't have spellcheck, and I haven't figured how to use anything else on this computer.

2. I'm a lot better at writing dialogue then stories, especially when I'm trying not to name characters.

3. I don't plan to let this fade away. I have been devoted to this idea for a LONG time now.

So, here goes:

My Little pony: Darkened Flame

Once upon a time in the magical land of Equestria... Two young sisters -the twin daughters of the sun goddess herself- ruled all of Equestria through peace and harmony. In the beggining, all seemed right as they worked together beautifly and were expected to usher in a new era of greatness for all of their subjects. As time went on however, the younger grew angry at the elder. Feeling betrayed when her sister's stubborness cost a dear friend her life, she vowed never to allow her to grow close again. This promise took it's toll when the elder was ambushed by dragons after lured there by a wounded dragoness. Alone, her magic was not enough to fight them off. When hit by a fatal blast of fire, she used her last spark of hateful magic to absorb the flame and transformed into a living star. The resulting blast of energy incinerated everypony whithin a twenty mile radius. Meanwhile, the younger had gone so far to be rid of her sister that she unlocked the vault holding the last shards of Nightmare Moon. Taking the remains and crushing them beneth her hoof, she destroyed any piece of consience left inside and took all the dark power for her own. As their bodies and minds warped into monsterous abominations, they could think of nothing but the burning desire to end each other's days.

---

This is not complete, it is an idea.

Edited by Cupcake Killer

Eh....I've watched the show, and have no trouble saying I liked it (I wouldn't mind being called a brony either, though I haven't watched it in a while), I'm always a little wary about these sort of things.See, I like things to be mostly true to whatever work of fiction is being derived from, and so I don't like a majority of the fan works from the MLP fan community. I'm sure this sort of RPG could attract a lot of fans (probably some who would have never RP'd otherwise), this take on MLP has me wary.

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

1. I apologize for any typos. My new notepad doesn't have spellcheck, and I haven't figured how to use anything else on this computer.

Notepad? For writing? MS Paint does that more efficiently. :|

My Little pony: Darkened Flame

Once upon a time in the magical land of Equestria... Two young sisters -the twin daughters of the sun goddess herself- ruled all of Equestria through peace and harmony. In the beggining, all seemed right as they worked together beautifly and were expected to usher in a new era of greatness for all of their subjects. As time went on however, the younger grew angry at the elder. Feeling betrayed when her sister's stubborness cost a dear friend her life, she vowed never to allow her to grow close again. This promise took it's toll when the elder was ambushed by dragons after lured there by a wounded dragoness. Alone, her magic was not enough to fight them off. When hit by a fatal blast of fire, she used her last spark of hateful magic to absorb the flame and transformed into a living star. The resulting blast of energy incinerated everypony whithin a twenty mile radius. Meanwhile, the younger had gone so far to be rid of her sister that she unlocked the vault holding the last shards of Nightmare Moon. Taking the remains and crushing them beneth her hoof, she destroyed any piece of consience left inside and took all the dark power for her own. As their bodies and minds warped into monsterous abominations, they could think of nothing but the burning desire to end each other's days.

"Everypony" is not a word and will never be a word.

What exactly are these characters motivations? There's barely any. What are the dragons? Heck, aren't dragons supposed to be able to destroy cities? It took a flight of dragons and they failed to kill a magic horse?

Also, where exactly does a post-apocalyptic struggle between two OP, chaotic evil monsters match thematically with a source material that is a show that has a target audience of pre-teen girls? I admit to not knowing much about this, but isn't this supposed to be a show titled "friendship is magic" not "Azathoth vs. Bad Horse."

Though an actual Azathoth vs. Bad Horse as the sequel to Dr. Horrible wouldn't be a bad idea...

Uh, question: Why does the older sister want to destroy the younger one? It was a bunch of dragons that led her to her doom not the sister, there's no mention of any resentment in that direction in the intro, and she hasn't been affected by the Nightmare Moon

Speaking of which, what is the Nightmare Moon? Exactly what the name suggests, a big old magic moon that got shattered? Because when you say "consience" I'm not sure whether you mean "conscious" (implying the moon is in some way sentient) or "conscience" (ie, the Jiminy Cricket voice in all of us). It looks more likely to be conscience, but the way you've phrased it sounds like the conscience is inside the moon shards...which would also imply the moon is sentient anyway because it has a sense of right and wrong...

I'm over-thinking this, aren't I?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Lev, you obviously haven't seen the fandom. :PCK is using a linux computer, and she's used windows all her life. So, if she doesn't know how to use spellcheck...(Yes, I know her IRL)The fandom scares me. Just saying.As for Twisted (working name for the fairy tale thing): I don't really have problems with mythology, but the focus is going to be on European myths. I'm not trying to be western-centric or anything, but we've already had Pantheon.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

Anyone who attempts to make an RPG involving Azathoth vs. Bad Horse has my full support.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

"Everypony" is not a word and will never be a word.

Do you see what you've done CK? You made me agree with Lev.

A curse upon your house.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Uh, question: Why does the older sister want to destroy the younger one? It was a bunch of dragons that led her to her doom not the sister, there's no mention of any resentment in that direction in the intro, and she hasn't been affected by the Nightmare Moon

Speaking of which, what is the Nightmare Moon? Exactly what the name suggests, a big old magic moon that got shattered? Because when you say "consience" I'm not sure whether you mean "conscious" (implying the moon is in some way sentient) or "conscience" (ie, the Jiminy Cricket voice in all of us). It looks more likely to be conscience, but the way you've phrased it sounds like the conscience is inside the moon shards...which would also imply the moon is sentient anyway because it has a sense of right and wrong...

Okay, I've scene the show, specifically the first two episodes, which is directly correlated to this.

Nightmare Moon isn't actually a moon.

See, there are the two princesses, Celestia, and Luna. Luna went crazy because ponies were asleep in the night, which she controlled, but awake in the day, which Celestia controlled. She grew jealous, because people liked the day and not the night. Eventually, she developed two personalties, Luna, and Nightmare Moon, the latter which was dominant. Eventually, the Nightmare Moon persona was destroyed, and when she was, a couple of pieces of paper whose purpose and meaning were never explained. These were the pieces of Nightmare Moon that were talked about.

I don't really like this RPG, and for one reason: There is no good side. Now, if both sides were of a grey morality, that would be fine, but that's not the case. Both the sun princess's side and the moon princess's side are evil.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Y'all stop picking on my little sister XDNah, in seriousness, I can't support this as a player. But her ideas, while incredibly creepy, are actually good.seriously she's like a real life anthyn

She's your sister?

Fine, you are protected CK. Seems my curse can do nothing to you.

Bah.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Okay, I've scene the show, specifically the first two episodes, which is directly correlated to this.

Nightmare Moon isn't actually a moon.

See, there are the two princesses, Celestia, and Luna. Luna went crazy because ponies were asleep in the night, which she controlled, but awake in the day, which Celestia controlled. She grew jealous, because people liked the day and not the night. Eventually, she developed two personalties, Luna, and Nightmare Moon, the latter which was dominant. Eventually, the Nightmare Moon persona was destroyed, and when she was, a couple of pieces of paper whose purpose and meaning were never explained. These were the pieces of Nightmare Moon that were talked about.

I don't really like this RPG, and for one reason: There is no good side. Now, if both sides were of a grey morality, that would be fine, but that's not the case. Both the sun princess's side and the moon princess's side are evil.

Actually, there IS a good side. The Crystal Empire.

And they're both Star Princesses. Mira and Misa.

I haven't given much information about exactly what happened or why for two reasons:1. I would like to spend more time on each big plot point individually than this type of intro would allow.2. My plan is to have "flashbacks" of a sort, gradually revealing things to keep the story interesting during slow times.And, I'm not really using canon characters because I don't feel that I could keep them true to themselves. But, I may have someone with more experience RPing than me use them.Belive it or not, I have tons of scenes, story arcs, areas, and characters planned out already.

Edited by Cupcake Killer

The Crystal Empire is good? That makes sense, but it isn't mentioned in what you gave to us.

And a small tip: Don't have important NPCs with names very similar to each other. Mira and Misa could get mixed up, and that is something you don't want if they are on completely different sides.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I'm kinda with Canis on this one, the factions in this RPG are not very balanced. There's two evil factions, one good faction, and if it's possible, being unaffiliated is a neutral faction. Honestly, I prefer that factions of the same size and importance be balanced. Having smaller factions come into play isn't too bad though.

I'm kinda with Canis on this one, the factions in this RPG are not very balanced. There's two evil factions, one good faction, and if it's possible, being unaffiliated is a neutral faction. Honestly, I prefer that factions of the same size and importance be balanced. Having smaller factions come into play isn't too bad though.

The idea in this is kind of to let the players control what ultimately happens.

You sorta missed my point. If there are more evil forces than the rest, and they're the main driving forces behind the plot, then obviously more players will choose to go to the evil factions, unbalancing the plot.

You sorta missed my point. If there are more evil forces than the rest, and they're the main driving forces behind the plot, then obviously more players will choose to go to the evil factions, unbalancing the plot.

I didn't say that I wasn't working on another good side. I just have to work a bit more on their motivations and relation to the plot.

I don't know a lot about My Little Pony. I think I've only seen one episode of the show, but I had a thought, and this may go against the ideas of the show but why not remove the whole idea of a "good' and "evil" side? Simply put, give both sides a balance of positive and negative qualities, so that the "evil" factions have redeeming features that may make their actions more understandable and the "good" side has some darker elements. This would make it less "black and white" and more "grey and grey".

Edited by Atton Rand

Twisted:Come to the fire, and let me tell you a story of long ago. The storyteller sat in his rocking chair, licking his thumb to page through his great Book of Fables. Once upon a time, when our land was young and magic flowed as freely as water, when tales we dismiss as mere fables today were the norm, a girl ran in the woods. Dragons walked the paths humans feared to tread, the wide green fields of Rowane were sunny and bright. Yes, we had fields in Rowane. Great, huge, emerald fields. Now, are you going to let me tell the story or not? The girl wore a pelt of softest wolf fur, immaculately clean and a shade of reddish grey you've never seen. No, the pelt was magic. It didn't get dirty whenever she played in the mud. The storyteller reclined, pulling on an earlobe, looking at the ceiling in recollection, his young audience watching him intently. She was running from her grandmother, a witch of the type no one had ever seen before. She'd made a deal with a powerful creature, a creature of nightmares. A troll, it was called. It could change its form and size, but it always smelled of burnt toenails. Nasty creature. The witch cared not for the smell, but she craved power. So she helped the troll with this and that, and he followed her orders. The grandmother was old. Older than even I, her hair bleached white and crinkly. No, not like paper. Like old fibers left out in the sun for too long to dry. The storyteller leaned forward, looking intently at the young one sitting in front of him. Now, the girl was young and rapidly turning into a beautiful woman, and the witch envied her. So, what is a witch to do? With a little bit of newt and some old hairs, a potion could be made. One to turn her into the young beautiful maiden and the granddaughter into an old crone. The witch failed to count on the young girl's friends. You see, the girl wasn't like the people of today. She lived in the woods, talking to the birds and animals. Yes, she could talk to animals. Do you want me to make you tell the story? Her friends were wolves, and they knew the evil troll. So they listened with their great wolf ears and heard the plan. They quickly warned the girl, and she ran. Of course wolves can understand trolls. What do they teach you in those schools? The old tale-teller sighed and closed his storybook, putting the large, leatherbound volume on the table next to him. I'm going to rest. When I wake, maybe you'll be ready to hear the last part of the story, and not interrupt constantly. The old book lay on the table as the old man closed his eyes, ready for anyone to open it and discover its treasures, to tell its tales... Profile form:Name:Age:Species:Myth:Appearance:Skills/Abilities:Personality(optional):Bio: (Tell your tale here)Thoughts?

Edited by The Fourteenth Lakefish

BZPRPG Profiles

We're in the same boat. Two episodes. Done.

CK is using a linux computer, and she's used windows all her life. So, if she doesn't know how to use spellcheck...

Now, see, that is your problem.... the Linux part, that is. :P

Actually, there IS a good side. The Crystal Empire.

And they're both Star Princesses. Mira and Misa.

I haven't given much information about exactly what happened or why for two reasons:1. I would like to spend more time on each big plot point individually than this type of intro would allow.2. My plan is to have "flashbacks" of a sort, gradually revealing things to keep the story interesting during slow times.And, I'm not really using canon characters because I don't feel that I could keep them true to themselves. But, I may have someone with more experience RPing than me use them.Belive it or not, I have tons of scenes, story arcs, areas, and characters planned out already.

I can give some pointers on the intro stuff -

The intro should serve to provide a hook. It's not an exposition dump; that comes in the story, later. Skim and highlight key events and tell us what the current situation is. Each big plot point can be addressed in a sentence, or a paragraph at the most. The intro here promises to give more detail but refuses to do so, when it could be summed up.

The once upon a time part really doesn't work unless it's a fairy tale or what not, and I'm not really that keen on the "magical land" bit, especially with the mood whiplash that follows. However, you could open it more along the lines of - "Equestria, ruled through peace and harmony by the twin daughters of the sun, was brought to ruin by pride and betrayal." perhaps followed by something like, "The death of a friend brought to a head the daughters pride, and a vow by the younger split them apart. The eldest, alone, was tricked and betrayed by dragon kind, and fell to them by trickery; the youngest fell to powers far beyond what she could not control. Both survive, yet with body and minds both twisted and their conflict fated to come to a head once more."

Then, fill us in with a few short synopses of the plot points and historical events that have taken place between then and the present, and move on to the main body of the RPG.

In any case, you might want to throw out the main plans and so forth onto the whole scenario first, to discuss that more.

Twisted:Come to the fire, and let me tell you a story of long ago. The storyteller sat in his rocking chair, licking his thumb to page through his great Book of Fables. Once upon a time, when our land was young and magic flowed as freely as water, when tales we dismiss as mere fables today were the norm, a girl ran in the woods. Dragons walked the paths humans feared to tread, the wide green fields of Rowane were sunny and bright. Yes, we had fields in Rowane. Great, huge, emerald fields. Now, are you going to let me tell the story or not? The girl wore a pelt of softest wolf fur, immaculately clean and a shade of reddish grey you've never seen. No, the pelt was magic. It didn't get dirty whenever she played in the mud. The storyteller reclined, pulling on an earlobe, looking at the ceiling in recollection, his young audience watching him intently. She was running from her grandmother, a witch of the type no one had ever seen before. She'd made a deal with a powerful creature, a creature of nightmares. A troll, it was called. It could change its form and size, but it always smelled of burnt toenails. Nasty creature. The witch cared not for the smell, but she craved power. So she helped the troll with this and that, and he followed her orders. The grandmother was old. Older than even I, her hair bleached white and crinkly. No, not like paper. Like old fibers left out in the sun for too long to dry. The storyteller leaned forward, looking intently at the young one sitting in front of him. Now, the girl was young and rapidly turning into a beautiful woman, and the witch envied her. So, what is a witch to do? With a little bit of newt and some old hairs, a potion could be made. One to turn her into the young beautiful maiden and the granddaughter into an old crone. The witch failed to count on the young girl's friends. You see, the girl wasn't like the people of today. She lived in the woods, talking to the birds and animals. Yes, she could talk to animals. Do you want me to make you tell the story? Her friends were wolves, and they knew the evil troll. So they listened with their great wolf ears and heard the plan. They quickly warned the girl, and she ran. Of course wolves can understand trolls. What do they teach you in those schools? The old tale-teller sighed and closed his storybook, putting the large, leatherbound volume on the table next to him. I'm going to rest. When I wake, maybe you'll be ready to hear the last part of the story, and not interrupt constantly. The old book lay on the table as the old man closed his eyes, ready for anyone to open it and discover its treasures, to tell its tales... Profile form:Name:Age:Species:Myth:Appearance:Skills/Abilities:Personality(optional):Bio: (Tell your tale here)Thoughts?

.... nobody else gonna make this joke? K. I will. Waht a tweest.

In all seriousness, how exactly will Age work? Giving the circumstances... and numerous characters and ideas and such.

No problems with this, but I'd really like to see more on the story/setting/etc. that this is supposed to be about, and the little rulings and so forth on how the characters of fairy tale and folklore will interact.

Actually I tend to see that more people join the "good" factions regardless of in-game size. A smaller good guy team here might mean the players who join it get more room to do things themselves

On Twisted, while I get a very Princess Bride feel to it, it doesn't really tell us anything about the setting or plot. Is this one girl particularly important? Are we supposed to be helping her out?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

A bit of an explanation. I'm posting bit by bit of the intro post as I get them into a form I like.As for age, I should have said Apparent Age.Oh, and the girl is not the important part of that story.*smiles innocently*

Edited by The Fourteenth Lakefish

BZPRPG Profiles

Lakefish, you really need to work on this whole "lying" thing. I mean, people know that trusting me is basically begging for a knife in the back and I'm still better at that then you. :P

He's not lying. I was able to see who the really important person is, but I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

Further advice on tactics. For fun.

From The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
Maxim 1: Pillage, then burn.
Maxim 2: A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
Maxim 3: An Ordnance Technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
Maxim 4: Close air support covereth a multitude of sins.
Maxim 5: Close air support and friendly fire should be easier to tell apart.
Maxim 6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Maxim 7: If the food is good enough the grunts will stop complaining about the incoming fire.
Maxim 8: Mockery and derision have their place. Usually, it's on the far side of the airlock.
Maxim 9: Never turn your back on an enemy.
Maxim 10: Sometimes the only way out is through. ...through the hull.
Maxim 11: Everything is air-droppable at least once.
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Maxim 13: Do unto others.
Maxim 14: "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
Maxim 15: Only you can prevent friendly fire.
Maxim 16: Your name is in the mouth of others: be sure it has teeth.
Maxim 17: The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.
Maxim 18: If the officers are leading from in front, watch out for an attack from the rear.
Maxim 19: The world is richer when you turn enemies into friends, but that's not the same as you being richer.
Maxim 20: If you're not willing to shell your own position, you're not willing to win.
Maxim 21: Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Take his fish away and tell him he's lucky just to be alive, and he'll figure out how to catch another one for you to take tomorrow.
Maxim 22: If you can see the whites of their eyes, somebody's done something wrong.
Maxim 23: The company mess and friendly fire should be easier to tell apart.
Maxim 24: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a big gun.
Maxim 25: If the damage you do is covered by a manufacturer's warranty, you didn't do enough damage.
Maxim 27: Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.
Maxim 28: If the price of collateral damage is high enough, you might be able to get paid for bringing ammunition home with you.
Maxim 29: The enemy of my enemy is my enemy's enemy. No more. No less.
Maxim 30: A little trust goes a long way. The less you use, the further you'll go.
Maxim 31: Only cheaters prosper.
Maxim 34: If you're leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
Maxim 35: That which does not kill you has made a tactical error.
Maxim 36: When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support.
Maxim 37: There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'time to reload.'
Maxim 38: Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients.

Taken from Schlock Mercenary.

Edited by Basilisk

a roleplay with ponies? it makes the others need to be about 20% cooler to keep up.

IF THIS IS NOT ALLOWED, SHUT IT DOWN.

Twilight was on her way back to ponyville when she noticed a colt was starring at her for the longest time.

then she saw another pony pass by with the exact same look. she kept it to herself... until she got off the train.

duplicates were everywhere! she zapped one and the blast revealed a bug like wing and the false pony hissed, and more colts and mares surrounded her! SHE WAS TRAPPED!

She was knocked out and sent to a mysterious cave, where the queen was standing right behind her. twilight looked around, half of ponyville was trapped in the cave, along with all her friends!

I, QUEEN CHRYSALIS SHALL FEED ON YOUR LOVE!

YOUR PRECIOUS EQUESTRIA IS MINE!

Changlings have invaded Equestria! Find and terminate any false ponies you find!

Rules:

most RP rules apply

Only admins can be changlings

no automatically knowing where the mane 6 are. (aka location of cave)

No Allicorns

up to 2 players

No all-powerful unicorns

No breaking speed of sound without consulting a wing inspector (admin)

HAVE FUN

Pony making sheet

Name: What's your name?

Colt or mare

Pegasus, earth pony, or unicorn

Appearance and cutie mark: Pics Widely accepted

Job: what do you do for $

Personality: what your like

specialty: what your best at (should correspond with your cutie mark)

Background: What your life has been like

Other: Put flaws here (mandatory)

you may start in cloudsdale, ponyville, and Canterlot.

admins will keep you posted on the mane 6's struggles.

Edited by Cloudspark Crowfield

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~