Secret Service Dentists

xccj

"I think there's something going on here. ""No no, there's nothing going on here at all, and he didn't see anything. Good morning."So hey there's this system contest going on, and I've been dabbling back into system building recently, so I thought I'd give it a try. And this time I tried out something new (for me anyway).1-all.jpgThis is based off a Monty Python sketch: Secret Service Dentists. The basic idea; a bunch of dentist-spies are all out to get each other, as each one appears with a bigger and better weapon. I decided to capture the last scene with all the people involved. And I made it in miniland scale too, which is a first for me. Initially, it was just gonna be the figures, but then the ruling was that I could only enter one MOC. Thus, I had to create an actual setting for them (and used up the bulk of my grey plates doing so). But hey, everything's connected, so it's totally one MOC.Inspiration1-inspired.jpgMy inspiration came from a group of MOCs from BrickCon, which were under the theme PythonScape. I learned about the collaboration too late to join in with it, but I decided that I wanted to contribute for next year, if they do it again. So really I've been planning to do this scene since October, but the contest provided me with a reason to get started on it sooner than later. For a specific MOC to draw inspiration from, I used the one built by Micah / Kakaru / Arkov, which was totally awesome on it's own. (PS, it's pictured above!)Anyway, a closer look at the characters!Lemming"I knew there was something going on."2-lemming-front.jpg2-lemming-rear.jpgStapleton"You know too much, my dental friend."2-stapleton-front.jpg2-stapleton-rear.jpgLafarge"Tell me where Mahoney's hidden the fillings." 2-laf-front.jpg2-laf-rear.jpg Vanderberg "What happened?""He two-timed me.""Bad luck." 2-vanderberg-front.jpg2-vanderberg-rear.jpgNurse"Get the guns, nurse."2-nurse-front.jpg2-nurse-rear.jpgBrian"This is an anti-tank gun and it's loaded."2-brian-front.jpg2-brian-rear.jpgThe Big Cheese"I'm glad you could all make it to my little party, and Flopsy is glad too." 2-cheese-front.jpg2-cheese-rear.jpgThe Setting3-room-front.jpg3-room-rear.jpgThe settling is basically just a 32x32 baseplate with two walls. I build the walls using grey plates, because I didnt have enough bricks in one color to stack them up. You can see my elaborate support system for the walls on the back. ;) I then decorated the walls for a few bookcase, picture frames, and a door. And yes, those are printed tile, but theyre official printed tiles, so theyre okay. :DThats all for now. Cant really guesstimate how itll do in the contest since most people havent entered yet. But overall I think it turned out nicely. Comments appreciated.:music:

Edited by xccj