Skyrise

Nato G

IC: Armani - Unshakeable Pillar Of Justice

Armani had not really been affected by the impact, but it certainly drew her concerned attention. She bent immediately to pick up the book and extend a huge hand for them to grab.

"My apologies, citizen! I did not see your approach. I do hope you are unhurt... Oh!" Recognition flooded her features behind her helmet. "It is you, Bai Bai! It's very good to see you again."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Bai Bai - Beneath the Unshakeable Pillar of Justice and maybe hyperventilating

My stupid one track brain! I couldn't take my eyes away from the book for one second, idiot, idiot, idiot!

"I am so sorry!! I wasn't watching my steps, I shuuuuuh...." My mouth decided to stop working, as I looked up at the face of the hand offered to me.

It was Armani. The vigilant. The resilient. The unShAkEABLE.

AnD SHE REMEMBERED MY NAME.

All I could do was emit a very quiet, high pitched whine.

IC: Armani - With Softly Screaming Friend

She said cheerily, "No need to apologise, Bai Bai! I hope you are all right. My mighty form does often leave even unintentional challengers sprawling!"

Armani regarded Bai Bai carefully after that, and came to the conclusion that she may not be capable of getting up herself, in her current state. She bent to pick Bai Bai up, though she paused to ensure Bai Bai was both fine with and not taken by surprise by the mighty arms that would lift her. "If you cannot rise, I can simply lift you, if that is what you prefer!"

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

IC: Armani - Too Strong For Mortal Eyes To Comprehend

She lifted Bai Bai in her arms with incredible ease. "Ah, how rude of me! Bai Bai, this is my companion, Ezezko. We are travelling to see His Spikiness. If you are headed the same way, you are very welcome to join us in travel!"

GM IC: Hakkzan and co. - New Atero.

Some time later, the sand-encrusted transport arrived at New Atero's gates, where Hakkzan and his entourage wasted no time in disembarking and making their way towards The Tower. Orders were quickly given for a cleanup team to be dispatched to the canyon, and a messenger was sent to the garrison to convey the news of the pilot's death, and Maldrakk's ensuing punishment. 

Maldrakk himself was given no choice but to follow Hakkzan and the others back to The Tower.

His presence was still required for the debriefing.

GM IC: Jira - Tesara Marketplace. 

Despite the suddenness and brutality of the raid, the Tesaran Guard had been quick to recover. As she watched on, the attacking airship began to tumble from the sky, its framework mangled by AA fire. Most of the attackers had already been killed or captured, and Tesaran aircraft were forming up a perimeter to prevent further stolen airships from leaving.

But beyond them, three of the earliest ships to be hijacked were beginning to recede into the distance, having gotten clear of the plateau before the Tesaran Guard had organised its response. "Someone intercept those airships!" She shouted to no one in particular, hoping there was a guard or pilot nearby whose aircraft was parked close enough to make a difference.

GM IC: Xaril - Capstone.

"What did you do?" He hissed, stopping in front of the group, "Do you all want to die here?"

GM IC: Joe/Bloat - The Makuta Killer. 

"Alright, folks, this is it," Bloat strode over to a panel on the wall, opening it up and pulling some of the levers there. A large storage compartment set into the wall folded open, and a crane arm on the ceiling dragged a gigantic diving bell into the centre of the hold. "Your very last chance to back out. If you're still set on going down there, get in the bell."

Without hesitation, Slimy Joe clambered aboard. It was surprisingly spacious inside, and was equipped with a small control panel for the winch, as well as a storage space housing a variety of breathing helmets in different shapes and sizes. He tried not to think too much about the last time he'd been in this diving bell, and how disastrously that mission had turned out... 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

​IC: Sutrox

​"... Well... There's our coffin!"

Nevertheless, the Skrall got in line to board. "At least death will be less monotonous than daily existence. And that is assuming the worst case scenario comes true. I have severe doubts about that."

Before stepping inside the bell, "Sutrox" peered inside, looking at the diving equipment and whatnot. "So... I guess some of us will be swimming? Because I don't see how we can get anything if we sit inside this metal jar the whole time."

Taking the final step, the black and blue warrior stepped into what might be his voyage across the river of the underworld.

IC: Rorohiko - With NERD CREW

"No," he said in a small voice. "That's actually pretty low in my 'Things To Do In Cliffside' list. Not on there at all, actually. It's actually on my 'Things To Avoid In Cliffside' list."

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

IC: Ektana - outside of Capstone

When Ektana noticed that she had no one else to talk to. She sighed, finished her drink and prepared to leave. A few steps before the exit she heard a thud behind her - as she looked back she saw Barlow dropping to his knees. Talk 'bout drinking too much, she smirked, unaware of Barlow's swearing and muttering, and left the bar.

She was somehow tired and bored - there was absolutely nothing to do and she noticed how she has done nothing thus far to change it. She looked at the notice board, hoping to find any kind of an intetesting job it had to offer. She quickly noticed a piece of parchment attached to the wall, ink on it still fresh, and approached it curiously.

Now Hiring

Who: Fellow pirates, marauders, thieves, and those with an overall penchant for banditry and the like.
What To Bring: Yourself and your weapons, obviously. Smaller craft preferred, but larger ones are also acceptable. Those who become squeamish at the sight of blood or are unwilling to spill a bit of it themselves need not apply, and acts of treachery and/or mutiny will not be tolerated.
When: Departure from Cliffside is at the Captain's discretion. If you want in, then get moving.
Where: Details regarding the destination of this little expedition are need-to-know only... which means that you don't until we've already taken off.
Why: Standard salvage and recovery operation with expected resistance from the locals, who may turn out to be potential bounty opportunities themselves as well.

How To Inquire: Speak to Saffina for more information, at her ship, The Crimson Takea, located just outside of Capstone.

Pirates, thieves and marauders you say...
Ektana smiled in the way only a Skakdi could smile. Why not?

She turned around and not too far away from the bar's entrance she saw the ship - an airship to be exact, which she assumed to be The Crimson Takea. Ektana left the notice board and approached the ship.

IC: Parii - Capstone

Karz, it's the stranger again, Parii shivered, curling behind the table at the sight of Xaril.

IC: Mirror - Tesara Streets

The marketplace passed out of view rapidly, leaving Mirror with nothing but the sight of the dim alleyways and his strange companion who was all but dragging him along. "Where... are y-you taking me?" he asks nervously.

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

Ailun coldly turns back to his ship. "Yeah? Not my problem."

This bot had caused enough trouble... though it looked like the captain had gained a lovely piece of scrap for it.

IC: Fifteen - Capstone

Her head felt just as heavy and inefficient as a chuck of raw protodermis. Her shoulders shook with pent-up anxiety and despair. "I didn't know," she offered as a weak, automatic excuse as she heard Xaril approach.

IC: Sekra - The Makuta Killer (Aqua Magna)

"'Some of us' don't mind," Sekra smirked at Sudrox as she pushed her way past into the diving bell. This thing was going to be cramped with a lot of tin cans and weapons stuffed inside... the sooner she could get out into the open water, the better.

IC: Bai Bai - On top of the Pillar of Justice

Again, I could only nod, acknowledging both Armani and Ezezko. This was entirely beyond what I'd imagined happening if I ever met Armani. Er... again, anyway. Last time was hardly flattering as it was. My stumpy little legs limply dangled while in her arms.

IC: 042 - The Moa --> New Atero outskirts

"...Fine then. I cannot force your hand as a sworn servant of New Atero, you are within your rights. But I am also, quite within my rights, to display my thoughts on the matter."

The increasingly fuming(both literally and figuratively) android stepped back off of The Moa. With one foot in the sand and the other dangling from it's arm, 042 parted with these stirring words;

"To karz with you, brakas."

And it hopped off into the desert.

IC: Tv - Tesara Alleyways --> Second Breath

"Get your head together brother! Where else would we be going?"

The two of us broke through the foliage and undergrowth of the forest, to find Second Breath, gleaming in the late noon suns.

OOC: In reality, they "broke" through the alley entrance to the junkyard Second Breath resides in. And it's much less gleaming, and more "mildly scratched and dull in the late noon sun"

IC: Rorohiko - With NERD CREW

He turned to Fifteen quickly. "Huh? You didn't? Well, look, usually someone's meant to tell you that before you come here, so that's not entirely your fault."

~

IC: Armani - With Small Friends

Bai Bai was very limp, and probably would fall over if set down. Armani shrugged cheerfully. "Very well! No doubt, your legs must be tired and sore. I will carry you there! All in a day's work serving the citizens of New Atero! Though, do see if you can climb on my back, Bai Bai. Carrying you like this leaves me with less than optimal number of hands free!"

Unless Bai Bai objected, she would assist Bai Bai in changing position to rest on her back.

IC: Saffina - Cliffside (The Crimson Takea)

Picking up movement amidst the nearby shadows, the Vortixx quickly looked up from her drink, only to find herself suddenly eyeballing an approaching Skakdi.

Well, that was fast...

"You here for the job, or to simply admire the view?," she asked frankly, preparing herself in the event that the newcomer was looking to start trouble.

This was still Cliffside, after all.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

The pirate couldn't help but smile a bit at the sound of her own name.

"The one and only."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Ektana - Cliffside

"Huh." Ektana eyed The Crimson Takea and its owner. At first glance the Vortixx did seem rather friendly, even with all her wierd looks aside.

"Name's Ekana," Ektana smiled back at Saffina shifted into a more comfortable position, balancing most of her weight on her leg. "What kind of an expedition is it? A treasure hunt?"

"Well, now," the Vortixx said, stretching her legs a bit. "That depends almost entirely on one's definition of the word "treasure," doesn't it?"

She paused for dramatic effect, originally intending for the question to be considered rhetorical.

"For example, let's say that hypothetically, it currently applies to the cargo of a recently destroyed airship, collecting dust somewhere out in The Great Barren as it simply waits for a few... enterprising individuals such as ourselves to naturally come along and lay claim to it. In that case, I would have to agree."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Possibly. Won't know for sure until we actually arrive, though."

In reality, however, she somewhat doubted that in terms of variety. The ship had been from Tesara, after all, and they were renowned for producing food more than anything else, but if this particular group of Vorox had the capability to forcefully ground a craft of that size, then she couldn't entirely discount the thought of potentially coming across items of that nature. In any case, it was better to allude that there was still a chance of doing so, especially since the direction of their flight indicated that they were on a trip to Cliffside, rather than to reveal information that might dissuade an applicant from otherwise providing their assistance.

"Either way, the contents themselves should fetch a fair amount of widgets once sold, and if something in particular happens to catch your eye, then factoring it into your cut shouldn't pose that much of an issue."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Drukann - Ascending

As the ship climbed higher and higher, the clouds started to get closer, and the air started to get colder... and thinner. As Kathok pulled the weapon back to himself, no doubt to try and rip it out of Drukann's arm, instead he only served to pull Drukann at himself at high speed, which Drukann used to his full advantage to deliver a high speed punch straight at Kathok's face.

IC: Ektana - Cliffside

She nodded, turning her head to Capstone. Even from here she could sense something that seemed like nervousness coming from the entrance. Only now has she noticed how quiet it was outside without the humming and grumbles coming from the bar. "You hear that? It's so quiet..."

Edited by permanentlyExtinct

IC: Kathok - Above the Wastes

Kathok internally chuckles at the unworthy-of-skakdi-name attack as he darts down, the sudden movement pulling his weapon clear of Drukann's hand with a squelch. Speaking of the weapon, Kathok quickly lunges upwards at the exposed and overbalanced Drukann with it. By his calculations, the diamond-hard spikes should stab deep into Drukann's underside or neck. Meanwhile the movement brings Kathok back to his full height and pushes his opponent away.

Kathok

Raising an eyebrow of her own, the Vortixx tilted her head in order to get a better look at the building.

"Yeah... Tends to get that way immediately after someone decides to do something stupid within the walls of Capstone. Sort of like the calm before a storm or whatever."

Letting her gaze linger for a few seconds longer, she simply sighed and relaxed herself once again.

"Seeing as to how nobody's currently being tossed off of the plateau at the moment, I'm assuming that it was a relatively minor offense, and that the issue was settled amicably."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Bai Bai - On top of the PoJ

Her huge arms moved me to her back, where I used whatever strength I still had in my body to lift myself onto her shoulders. I felt alive, being up this high. But, y'know, still terrified and everything. Due to the "star-struck nerd" thing I had going on at the moment.

Great Beings....

Armani was carrying me on her shoulders.

IC: Armani - Wearing A Tasteful Nerd Scarf

With Bai Bai secure on her shoulders, she nodded to Ezezko. "Let us be on our way, citizen!"

She then set at a respectable pace for the tower. She glanced up at Bai Bai. "What brings you to His Spikiness, Bai Bai?"

IC: Drukann - Fall

The punch had just barely missed. Not that it mattered. Just as Kathok was about to strike again, Drukann hurriedly fumbled for his ship's controls, flipping a switch... the engine switch. The engines suddenly revved down, ceasing their upwards acceleration, sending Drukann a bit forward and out of the way of Kathok's attack. And then... gravity took over. The ship started falling, faster, faster... ever faster.

IC: Mirror - Tesara Streets

It was starting to occur to Mirror that this being might have a wire or two loose. It was just a shame he was only figuring this out now, when it was really too late to do other than follow him. "Umm... what's that?" Mirror asked as they approached what was probably just a broken down airship in the middle of a junkyard.

IC: Ailun - The Moa (Outside New Atero)

Ailun scoffed at the robot's attempts to intimidate him (though seriously, why did that happen?) and stepped inside his ship to investigate the new haul. "What have we got here, cap'n?"

GM IC: Xaril - Capstone Bar.

"This building is practically sacred to the people here," Xaril hissed, ushering the group towards a table, "In Cliffside, a drawn weapon demands blood, and no blood is supposed to be spilled in this building." 

___________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Hakkzan - The Tower.

His Spikiness' procession finally made their way through the city, to the foot of The Tower. All of the enthusiasm and gusto Hakkzan had demonstrated during his departure earlier that day had evaporated, replaced with a grim expression and stony silence. 

Wordlessly, the nameless servant let the group inside. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rorohiko - Capstone

Despite all common sense, the question slipped out before he could stop himself: "Do taser things usually spill blood? I just, I think it's a taser thing by the looks of it, and I'm pretty sure they're usually not something that makes you bleed?"

~

IC: Armani - The Tower

"Very good!" Armani said cheerfully. "You should be very proud to be assisting our great city with your reports. And fear not, Bai Bai! Your right grip is admirable, but unnecessary, for I have excellent reflexes and will not allow you to fall. However, your attention to safety despite this is very wise."

They arrived at the Tower moments after His Spikiness and his group entered the building. She greeted the nameless servant, "Hello, citizen! We also seek to enter the tower. Could we please come through?"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

GM IC: Xaril - Capstone.

His only response to Rorohiko's remark was a baleful glower.

GM IC: The Servant - The Tower.

Recognising Armani, the servant began to move aside to let her pass, then paused, and frowned, "Who's that with you?" 

"Ideally? Five or six bodies should be enough for the task at hand; everyone gets a decent share of the loot, and our numbers would both be small and large enough to either outright avoid or overcome any potential obstacles put in our path."

Not entirely too eager to rush off before she felt she was actually ready, but simultaneously wanting to depart before the two Skakdi decided to try turning their information into even more coin, Saffina simply followed up on her answer with one more additional respone.

"But again, depending on how many others actually decide to show up, that's all subject to change."

OOC: So far, it's just Saffina, Ektana, and Dessimus. Right now, we're just waiting for Ghidora's travel-time to expire.

If anyone else wants to have their characters join in on the fun, consider this your final warning. Otherwise, we'll be departing shortly after Dessimus shows up, so feel free to let me know.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

GM IC: Slimy Joe/Bloat - The Makuta Killer.

Only two, Joe frowned, I guess, maybe, a smaller team would stand a chance of gettin' in undetected. The small turnout was somewhat disappointing, but now that he was this close, Joe was in no hurry to fly all the way back to New Atero to find more recruits. 

Once the three passengers were safely inside, Bloat clambered onto the side of the diving bell, hitting a switch built into it. With a low mechanical whir, the winch began to lower. Were they to look out the portholes, Sutrox and Sekra would be able to see the vast, soupy expanse of Aqua Magna stretching out in every direction, although the sheer cliffs and rocky beaches of the mainland were still visible in the distance to the West. This far from the shoreline, their chances of being able to swim back to dry land if something went wrong were slim.  

"Helmets on!" Came Bloat's voice, muffled through the copper-hued hull of the bell, "This water aint safe for drinking." 

OOC: Correct me if I'm wrong, but 17 days seems like long enough.

IC Dessimus - Arriving, parking trouble

As he approached Cliffside, he smelled the old familiar stench of stagnating living waste that liked to crowd around the establishment called Capstone. Most people came here to get drunk and find a way to make their inexcusable lives more valuable somehow. Xaril and his sad excuse of a school field trip were probably near the main entrance, so perhaps it would be best if he tried to make his entrance to Cliffside as silent and normal as possible.

Flying to a landing spot, however, Dessimus was unsettled by the fact that Xaril was nowhere to be seen. He locked his vehicle and finished re-locking the important mechanisms for flight before tossing a handful of dirt on the controls to make them and the seating mechanism look much worse than it actually was, and starting into Cliffside at a very slow pace to keep his armour noise to a minimum.

IC Maldrakk - Awaiting abrupt banishment

If His Spikiness bothered to turn around to glare at Maldrakk, he would see a mixture of depressed sadness and undeniable curiosity. Maldrakk was actually mulling over exactly how stupid people had to be in order to get into the higher ranks of New Atero's services. Hakkzan had gone from baffled, bumbling stooge to somehow decisive and vicious at the death of one soldier- a factor he knew well Varim didn't care for, or want to be bothered with. How was the leader of New Atero, a city gearing up for strong, powerful conflict, such an incoherent, idiotic nut?

Either New Atero's enemies had geared this up for disaster on purpose, or Varim was actually the one in charge and Hakkzan was the worst of puppets? No- I'm the worst of puppets, because I fell for it this long. No wonder he has people speak to him the most; if they figured out how much of an idiot Hakkzan is he wouldn't have any followers.

He turned and looked at Armani through the crack in the door before ascending the stairs after His Spikiness and the two Skrall who had very graciously glared at him on the way back.

IC: Tveke - Alleys -> Second Breath

I scoffed, "It's Second Breath, Tchepoh! What, do you have wall-rot in your eyes?"

With her engines, we'd get clear of harm in a matter of moments.

"Come on, help me hoist off," I said to him, running up into the hold of the ship.

IC: Threiaa - The Moa

Once again, the word somehow flew over Threiaa's head, hardly fazing her train of thought. Or, perhaps, she only guessed what he said, hardly hearing over the noise of Pakari's Maiden puttering to the floor with salvage in tow.

"It's a Jetrax!" She shouted over the engines, only cutting them off as she finished, "A good chunk of the hardware is still good, the cockpit took a moighty beating though."

She clambered out of her Rockoh, limbs gangling about as she collected herself.

"The engines should be useful, and there's more than a few guns on it, too."

IC: Bai Bai - New Atero, The Tower

"O-oh... sorry..." I mumbled.

While Armani talked to the secretary, I hung back, hiding as best I could behind her helmet.

IC: 042 - Outside New Atero, Salty and Trudging

042 was mildly surprised at it's own outburst. Language such as that was usually outside of it's pallette, but stressing times... elicited stressing words. At this point, the machine had crudely used the cord of the damaged grappling cord to connect pieces of the broken leg together. It was by no means pretty, but a collection of rods tied together for a peg leg was better than no leg at all. Taking tentative steps on the makeshift replacement, 042 began the long walk back to New Atero.

The walls loomed as militant walls tend to do. Ominously. Noonday sun slowly sank into sunset, a frightful reminder of the impermanence of life. 042 silently hoped that whatever higher powers had granted it with free will, would grant the guard further time to enact it.

IC: Rorohiko - Meek

He sheepishly sat at the table Xaril had shooed them to.

~

IC: Armani - The Tower

At Maldrakk's look, she offered a friendly wave. It felt like the best gesture for the occasion, since things had gone very badly for him and thus a thumbs up felt rather inappropriate.

To the servant, she grinned and gestured to her friend. "This is Bai Bai! She has reports to submit. But where are my manners? I never asked your name, citizen!"

GM IC: The Servant - The Tower.

The being blinked in surprise; no one had ever asked them such a question before. "My name is unimportant," they finally responded, but managed a grateful smile nonetheless, "You may both enter."

IC: Armani - New Friend Acquired

"Nonsense! All names are important! Especially yours, citizen! Why, you are the very welcoming face that greets visitors to the Tower! The first thing they see! You are very important." She returned the smile like a radiant sunbeam on the being. "But, I respect a want for privacy, or being unwilling to share a name. Thank you for letting us in, and thank you for doing such an excellent job here!"

She had to duck a little lower than usual to get through the door without knocking Bai Bai off, but with the smaller Skrall clinging so firmly to her helmet, it wasn't much of an effort. She gave the being one last appreciative smile and wave before ascending the stairs.