Skyrise

Nato G

IC: Taurek - Annoyed

Grumbling, I followed behind. I was very tempted to steal all the share of the bounty for myself, but I realized we had a better chance of actually capturing her together.

IC: Wehtok - Being chased

The blob enlargened in my rear mirror, shaping itself into a Jetrax, with a battered and angry looking pilot.

I frowned, the taste of blood still very fresh in my mouth.

The ship sped up, and I kept one hand on the controls, putting my hand out of the side and shooting at him with my gun, the ship shaking around as I tried to pilot the ship with one hand. Metal discs flew out from behind me, one embedding itself in the back of the ship.

Some of the shots hit their mark, short circuiting one of the headlights on the ship, but did next to nothing at all to the hull.

My arm still stung, and my gun stopped firing, making a quick beep sound. It needed to recharge. I cursed to myself, paranoia creeping up on me and the medication beginning to wear off. I desperately sped forward.

IC: Kathok - Capstone, Cliffside

Outside the door lies a grotty alleyway, walls dust grey, washed out with muddy water and scrawled with graffiti. It's also empty, apart from the two mercenaries who've just appeared between its high walls. Kathok scuttles along it until he's near the main entrance, where Silvana is sitting.

"I'll shout, we grab her as soon as she appears. If you have any blunt weapons smash her round the head. No, wait, I will. OK."

The pair are mostly hidden from view, but are in the perfect position to leap at Silvana once she arrives. Kathok places himself on one side, leaving Taurek on the other. He doesn't like all this sneaking around: he'd rather jump in, weapons slashing and blazing. But unfortunately that isn't an option. Kathok makes a mental note to himself to talk to whoever runs Cliffside about Capstone's golden rule after this is over. Who is that these days, anyway?

It doesn't matter because Kathok then shouts "Hey, SILVANA!" almost as loud as he can into the bar, staying out of sight.

Kathok

IC: Saffina - The Wastes (The Crimson Takea)

Continuing forward at her current pace, the Vortixx watched on in anticipation as Ektana's craft sped off ahead of her, fully prepared to kick some Vorox ### for when they inevitably decided to show up.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

--IC: Morga: Cliffside--

"You already mentioned the grumpy bartender, but now I'll be extra sure to keep an eye out for him.  Thank you!"

Morga waved as she walked in the direction that Vanox had pointed.

IC: Threiaa - Beasty Bits, New Atero

Oh, she was congratulating her. That's a lot better than expected. Before the guard could say anything more, Threiaa tossed the crystals into the rockoh.

"Thanks! I was gettin' antsy sittin' around, felt loike doin' somethin'." She replied to the guard.

IC: Tveke - Second Breath

My eyes followed her finger, seeing the flower in it's box.

"Depends on what you think it is," I say to her, "If you're thinking it's a Kino Kororia, you'd be right. Rogue's Bloom?"

--IC: Tolo: Tesara--

The phrase "Rogue's Bloom" captured Tolo's attention.  If her knowledge was correct, and it usually was, then that plant had been pretty much wiped out fifty years earlier.  This was one of the last remaining specimens left on Spherus Magna.

It was definitely worth a few credits on the market.

"I'll take it," she said, "along with, I dunno, a few nutrient bars and a few more credits.  Accept, and you can have yourself a fixed ship."

"In case you haven't noticed, bub, I'm a Bo-Matoran.  I know how to make plants work."

She knew, of course, but she had no plan to use that knowledge.

GM IC: Barlow/Varim/Xaril - Cliffside. 

The panicked Steltian had reached the edge of the plateau, but just as he was about to throw himself over the edge, he found himself yanked roughly backwards by the power of Varim's gravity. The Turaga, panting with exertion, stood over him, "You better hope that note you lost never finds its way into Fe's hands, or your family and friends there will soon be joining you in the afterlife." 

"Let him go," Varim suddenly found himself with a sword at his throat. Xaril's sword. "You crossed the line this time, Varim, and I'm not going to let you get away with it." 

"You want to go to war?"

"No, but you sure seem to." 

"Look, if you want Barlow so badly, you can have whatever's left once I'm finished with him." 

"A tempting offer, but I'd prefer him in a condition where he's still capable of speaking."

"Do I get a say in this?" Barlow said weakly, staggering to his feet.

"No." 

For a moment, Barlow didn't react. Then, slowly, a grim expression settled on his features, his eyes lit up with fiery determination, and he flung himself at the two spymasters. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Shipwreck - Plateau, Wastes. 

The wreck that had been left in the wake of the Vorox attack appeared somehow both majestic, and menacing in the dimness of the night. It's bulky silhouette was dead and empty,pockmarked with deep, scorched punctures.

Whatever had happened to this ship, it was well beyond the capacity of the feral Vorox that lurked in the canyons below. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Tveke - Second Breath

"Well, a'right then. Plant like this is pretty rare though, I'll part with it and the foodbars, and I'll throw in some Madu fruit." 

Fact of the matter was, I didn't really have any more widgets. I was just lucky enough to have a food source so I didn't have to worry too much about it. Really needed to sell at the market tomorrow...

IC: 042 - Collapsed District, New Atero

This was it. 042 could not continue functioning in it's duties without risking total failure of it's primary systems. Taking the last few moments to shove a large chunk of rubble aside to free it's prisoner, the guard finally collapsed onto the ground. It lay there, heaving as it continued to slowly drain fluid.

"Sigh,"

This was, in whatever strange way, incredibly painful.

With an aching groan, 042 once again used it's grappling cable, dragging its limp body towards the Maxilos facilities.

Edited by Coconut Fanatic

IC: Ektana - scouting the Wastes

The Machete approached the big dark shadow which was apparently whatever was left of the ship. Ektana frowned at the sight befor her. What the ####?

She quickly realised that it wasn't just some treasure-hunting game anymore; there was no way in karz that the airship could have been damaged that bad by some cannon, and especially not one used by Vorox. She clenched her fists and flew closer.

Whatever's in there better be worth the hassle.

IC: Parii - Cliffside

He stared wide-eyed from the shadows as the Bruiser got pulled back by Varim's powers. They started talking, but he pretty much stopped listening after the mention of the note. Suddenly he felt a shiver down his spine and his bag seemed to weigh much more than usual. His head was spinning with anxiety.

When Barlow attacked the two, Parii hid even deeper in shadows, making sure he was still out of the group's sight.

IC: Saffina - The Wastes (The Crimson Takea)

Finally entering within visible range of the wreck, the Vortixx couldn't help but share a similar thought.

What the Karz could've caused such extensive amounts of damage...?

Growling in disgust, her mind briefly wandered back to her encounter with the pair of survivors as she continued to maintain her present course.

If I find out that the two of you were withholding information on me, I'll be sure to bring you both back a souvenir... just so I can enjoy caving your skulls in with it afterwards.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Armani - Granting A Boon

"No need to be humble, pilot! Whatever your reason for doing so. You have done New Atero a great service today. Well done!"

She reached into her pocket and removed something, which she placed on Threiaa's armour. It was a badge with a magnetic back for sticking to metal, and on the front was a cartoony picture of Armani's grinning face and thumbs up, accompanied by the words "GREAT JOB!".

"Your actions were commendable, and I- and New Atero- offer you our deepest thanks. Your bravery saved many lives today. I am very proud of you, and you should be proud of yourself, too."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Armani - The Boon Is Its Own Reward

She laughed, perhaps thinking the pilot was joking. "That badge represents the great service you have done! I'm sure there will be people who will see it and be grateful to you. But, what is more important is what it is to you. What you did took courage, and it is easier for some to remember such courage when given a physical representation of it."

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

That sounded acceptable to her.  That Rogue's Bloom would more than make up for this fella's withholding of widgets.

"Agreed," she said, extending her hand in the universal gesture of wanting to close on a deal.

OOC: Ignore previous few posts

"Right, follow me and try not to look obvious. Though I'd bet that's a little difficult for you."

At this stage Kathok would give a hearty laugh, but he doesn't want to draw attention to himself and is also too irritated to do anything other than scowl. Nevertheless, he edges over, and in an instant he's past Silvana. The moment passes quickly and quietly: getting it over with is best - Kathok's often found that 'planning' gets in the way. But don't get him wrong. Through all his extravagant recklessness he does know how to go unnoticed. That doesn't mean he has to enjoy it.

He's out of the door, waiting. Once Taurek's arrived he'll call Silvana's name.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

GM IC: Shipwreck - Plateau, Wastes. 

From this close, the damage to the downed ship became even clearer. Whatever weapons had hit it had punched right through the light plating of the hull, and mangled the framework beneath. Whoever had shot this ship down had known exactly where to aim to bring the vessel down. 

Even more worrying, several of the scorched holes were on the upper part of the ship. As if it had been shot, repeatedly, from above, while it had still been airborne. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Ektana - scouting the Wastes

The dents on top of the wreck didn't make her any more comfortable with the situation. She cautiously approached one of the holes to get a better look - the framework was absolutely devastated, bent metal leaving long shadows on the ship.

Ektana's mind started racing. Maybe it has been a group of pirates who shot the airship down? She grunted as she remembered the ever famous Blackbristle from Cliffside - it wouldn't be a surprise if it was him. Still though, the damage was unfathomable.

"Well," Ektana growled. "What now?..."

IC: Saffina - The Wastes (Shipwreck)

Having grounded the Takea to take a closer look at the destruction, the Vortixx lingered in silence for another moment before finally shaking her head.

"Now," she said, averting her gaze back towards the Cargo Haulers, floating patiently as they awaited commands. "We get to work, and hope that whatever did this doesn't decide to come back anytime soon."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Armani - At Corpse of Corpses

She placed a hand on the pilot's shoulder. "Thank you again for your tremendous act of bravery for the good of New Atero. Now, I believe your friend has been waiting for you."

OOC: I think Threiaa's best buddy is there but that was a while ago so I could be wrong

IC: Ailun - Beastie Bits (New Atero)

Ailun chose this moment to step right between the two, giving the button a disappointed look which only deepened when he confirmed that the image was indeed the Skrall on the other side of him. "So much for a handsome reward..."

OOC: mobile post

Kathok motions for Taurek to move into position on the other side of the door, then in one fell swoop he draws breath into himself and releases it in a deafening blast which manifests as Silvana's name. Once all three syllables have exited his mouth, Kathok darts back out of sight. Taurek's idiotic call inside the bar may not have worked, but Silvana's actual name is sure to draw her attention - especially with Kathok's impressive set of lungs.

Kathok

GM IC: Silvana - Capstone. 

If calling out to Silvana from inside the building hadn't worked, shouting her name from outside the building, and considerably further away, certainly wasn't going to accomplish anything. Silvana straightened in momentary confusion, eyes searching around the complex for a few seconds, before apparently abandoning the cry as a figment of her imagination, and resuming a muted conversation with one of the patrons beside her. 

IC: Armani - Rude

Her smile didn't falter. "Oh! If you were seeking monetary payment, citizens, then sadly I am not the one who arranges that sort of thing. You would want to speak with the Captain of the Guard, Branar!"

After a second, she added, "Though, if you ask me, that is a very handsome reward, from a very handsome Lieutenant!"

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl

It takes Kathok a few moments to realise that nothing has happened. He growls under his breath. He gingerly appears in the doorway again. Yep, she hasn't noticed. Karz. Kathok shouts again from out of sight. This time, her name is hurled at her at least five times, each one more bitter and forceful than the last. Even a dunce like Silvana will be able to work out where the voice is coming from, Kathok scowls.

Kathok

IC: Drukann - Outside Capstone

After figuring nothing more out about its strange light patterns, Drukann had taken off again back to Cliffside, figuring he'd best get a drink or two at Capstone and think everything through. He now came in for a landing in his usual spot, exiting his vehicle with relative practised ease. Approaching the big blocky building, Drukann had to do a double take before coming to a screeching halt.

For a moment, he stood there, watching the two knuckleheads try to get someone's attention, Silvana's attention, by calling out her name and apparently expecting her to take the bait? Drukann could hardly bear to watch this display of absolutely disgraceful idiocy.

-"What are you strawbrains trying to do?" He said, shooting a disappointed look at Taurek, and a look of earned disdain at Kathok.

GM IC: Silvana - Capstone, Cliffside. 

As he'd hoped, Kathok's persistence paid off. The repeated shouts drew Silvana's attention long enough for her to figure out the approximate direction they were coming from. However, she made no move to get up from her seat.

And why would she? She was a well-known procurer of rare and valuable items, with a decent-sized list of competitors and enemies, many of whom lived right here in Cliffside. She had just made it back from a long, complicated, exhausting operation, and had barely slept, drank, or eaten in close to 20 hours. That, combined with the fact that whoever was calling out to her was deliberately hiding in the dark, just outside of the safest building in Cliffside, and was putting a lot of effort into staying out of sight, left Silvana with little doubt in her mind that taking the bait would end very badly for her. 

So she did what any sane, sensible person would do, and stayed right where she was. 

__________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Shipwreck - Plateau, The Wastes.

As Ektana and Saffina began their ill-conceived salvage operation, the same eyes that had been watching them since their arrival edged closer, waiting for the pair to leave the safety of their respective aircraft and actually enter the downed airship.

__________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Xaril/Barlow/Varim - Cliffside. 

Barlow slammed hard into the pair, but Varim, being the smaller of the two, was able to scurry out of the way, letting the two larger beings tumble to the ground. "You can't stop this, Xaril. Fe's days are numbered."

"Don't start something you can't finish." Xaril snarled, shoving Barlow aside and rising to his feet.

Varim grinned. "I'm not."

Edited by Nato The Traveler

Kathok wheels around, wild eyed. He blinks at Taurek's retreating form. He strides after him with a shaking, vicious stride. He passes Drukann, who receives nothing but a hollow "[Run] off, you [slightly unpleasant] [person]!".

"Hey, hey!" Kathok's voice is one part savage growl, one part venomous hiss, and one part hysterical shriek. 

"You may have given that fight up half way through, I can tell you weren't really trying to begin with, but surely even you can see this opportunity! Can't you? Can't you?! Has the thought not penetrated your brain yet?!"

Kathok draws alongside Taurek. He composes himself for a moment. "There must be other ways. Look, that skirmish was fun and all, but we could be talking about a real reward here."

Kathok resolves to ignore the reality of the situation for a few minutes more.

Kathok

IC: Fifteen - Capstone

It had taken a few minutes of searching for Fifteen to convince herself that Xaril wasn't here. He said he would wait for them in Capstone, didn't he? He wouldn't just leave! 

Thoughts such as these flooded her mind as panic began to set in again. "What are we going to do..." she muttered to her companions between shallow breaths.

"I don't know..." Kathok pauses. "We'll hang around this area. When she appears, we'll grab her. Then it's only a matter of time before we see a wanted poster. Then it's a simple matter of collecting the reward." 

And there's always the bonus of her ship and whatever's in it, Kathok thinks. But he doesn't want to give Taurek any ideas.

Kathok

--IC: Morga: Capstone--

Morga had now made it to the famed Capstone, thankful to Vanox for showing her the way to get here.  It was a big building, and lots of people could be seen milling about inside and outside.

All in all, this was the perfect place to start entertaining.

Striding past a shady-looking gathering outside, the Namastean went inside Capstone and began to look for a place to set up her equipment.

--OOC:--

Morga is Open For Interaction.

IC: Rorohiko - Follow Those Spies

He glanced around, And his eyes settled on the path of destruction carved through the area. He thought he could hear sounds of fighting from that direction.

"Do you think he went that way?" Rorohiko asked. "I thought I heard him yelling. Maybe we should make sure he's okay... or we can go back to the ship and wait, I guess. Or both, like checking to make sure he's all right and then heading back."

He wasn't really one for heading into danger, but it would be wrong to leave Xaril if he was in trouble.

GM IC: Shipwreck - Plateau, The Wastes.

As Ektana and Saffina began their ill-conceived salvage operation, the same eyes that had been watching them since their arrival edged closer, waiting for the pair to leave the safety of their respective aircraft and actually enter the downed airship.

GM IC: Xaril/Barlow/Varim - Cliffside. 

Barlow slammed hard into the pair, but Varim, being the smaller of the two, was able to scurry out of the way, letting the two larger beings tumble to the ground. "You can't stop this, Xaril. Fe's days are numbered."

"Don't start something you can't finish." Xaril snarled, shoving Barlow aside and rising to his feet.

Varim grinned. "I'm not."

IC: Parii - Cliffside

He had stared in horror until they mentioned Fe. The moment Barlow was shoved to the side by Xaril, Parii hid completely and stopped looking at the group. Instead, he listened, anxiety still making his stomach twist.

IC: Ektana - the Wastes

Ektana carefully lowered The Machete to the ground. She glanced at the Cargo Haulers indifferenty, even though she felt nervous. For whatever reason, the wreck seemed to give off this weird, eerie aura, as if it was watching every step she and Saffina took. 

"Wait," she said to Saffina. "I'll check the place once more. Something doesn't feel right..."

Edited by permanentlyExtinct