Skyrise

Nato G

IC: Threiaa - Outside New Atero -> The Moa

Flies? Oh mata, that thing is a flier? Threiaa could hardly tell looking at it, initially. But looking at it with more attention did reveal the subtleties of an airship, albeit being cobbled together with tape and wire.

"Uh-huh. Roight then."

Threiaa had a feeling that she had just stumbled into something she'd regret.

GM IC: Slimy Joe - Anvil Bar, New Atero. 

"It's a lost fortress belongin' to a guy who could turn dreams in'o reality. There's bound to be somethin' down there that you'd all find handy." He paused, seeming hesitant, "As fer your other questions, I do know a guy with a big 'ol airship that has some divin' gear and stuff. He just won't let me use it. But I'm sure together we could, uh, persuade 'im."

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Rorohiko - Fe

Having gathered all he needed from the shops, he headed back home, bags on his back and around one forearm so he could tap at the device mounted on his other forearm. There was something amiss, preventing it from working right, but the small screen only allowed him to scan a small part of the code at a time. He had a bigger screen and keyboard at home, rigged from scraps and sun-scorched metal, that was easier for checking over data like this. Still, it was doable with his device, and he needed to make up the time he lost getting groceries.

A repeated sighing caught his ears, and looked up hesitantly and briefly from the glow of his device, thinking someone was trying an obnoxious method of getting his attention. It was from another Onu-Matoran, this one armoured, patting a vehicle and apparently sighing to... himself? Well, if that was what he wanted to do with his time, so be it. Seeing as the Matoran wasn't trying to call him over or anything, Rorohiko quickly lowered his gaze back to his device and kept walking for home.

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

IC: Porangi - Not staying for this

Porangi noticed the oncoming beasts, Zesk from one side, and some larger beast from the other. "Er, guys, I think maybe now would be a good time to not stick around here. I'm just gonna..." Porangi got onto his ship. "...go. Good luck you guys, and I hope you don't die horribly. Oh, and by the way, any of you know the directions to New Atero?"

GM IC: Varim - Capstone, Cliffside. 

He sighed heavily, resigning himself to the fact that this Vortixx wasn't going to be deterred easily, "My business is strictly need to know. And you don't need to know. I don't even know who you are." 

IC: Saffina - Cliffside (Capstone Bar and Market)

"Then I suppose I should introduce myself," she said, not entirely unsurprised. "Saffina, Captain of The Crimson Takea."

While the tales of her exploits did have a habit of preceding her, she had encountered several instances where some details, such as her actual physical appearance, were often omitted when others spoke of her name. Seeing as to how she wasn't one frequently known for willingly putting a target on her back, however, she normally did little to correct this... unless the occasional lowlife was using her identity for their own personal advantage, of course; such individuals tended to end up finding themselves stranded out in the middle of nowhere, buried up to their necks in sand and left behind as relatively easy prey for whatever desert creatures just so happened to cross their paths. Of course, there was also the possibility that he genuinely hadn't heard of her, in which case, she should probably clue him in as to who exactly he was currently dealing with.

"As for my business, I'm a... collector of sorts. Usually of things that don't inherently belong to me, are rare, shiny, or anything else that could otherwise potentially net me a substantial amount of coin in bulk. And like I've already previously implied, if what you're here to do is eventually going to create any unnecessary complications that will ultimately come back to bite me on my end, well... we're going to have ourselves a bit of a problem. Just saying."

Despite the apparent civility displayed by the Vortixx, and the way she casually slid the tip of her claw along the edge of her drink, one could tell by the look in her eyes that this was, indeed, quite the serious matter to her.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC-Zavon (Interacting with Akita)

Zavon paused for a second. "Well... Not yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something." He said. "You got anyone to send a message to outside this village? I can do that, if you wish."

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

He rolled his eyes. Just another pirate, puffed up on her own perceived self-importance. "A common thief and killer like yourself needn't worry about what business I have here," he assured her, "Suffice to say, there'll still be plenty of work available for... your kind... when my duties here are completed." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Akita - Tesara(Interacting with Zavon)

"N-Nah, I don't know anyone outside of Tesara. I'll let you know if I ever do, though."

IC: Sayana - Anvil Bar, New Atero

She sipped her drink.
"And where is this acquaintance of yours?" she asked.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Ezoba - Outside New Atero -> the Moa

Ezoba walked up to the Moa alongside the female Skakdi and Ailun.

"So, Ailun, I couldn't help but ask, whilst I was searching for artifacts, I found this single piece of Protodermis. Given the repairs that need to be made, do you think this could find some use? I was hoping I could have gotten some cash out of it at the market, but given recent events I think it may find a home sooner than expected."

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

IC: Fifteen - Fe Border

For the first time, Fifteen turns to glance at Karanta. "Why did you come here? Not many found their way to Fe before the borders were sealed."

IC: Karanta - Fe Border Patrol

"Like I said, I tended to wander. Managed to find my way to Fe before the borders closed, and decided to stay.  All there is to it."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Erland - New Atero
​Seeing the Moa parked outside of New Atero, Erland landed the ship, curious as to what predicament they might be in.

​"Hello, you have been visited by Erland's traveling auto shop..." She began to drone on in an obviously pre-planned sales pitch.

OOC: now near the Moa

OOC: Umm... totally didn't forget about this. 

IC: Ailun - Outside New Atero

He only seems to be half-listening to Ezoba as he helps Threiaa inside. "I wouldn't have much to give you for it. Most of what I had went to the Moa, and besides, I get what I need from the barrens."

But as he steps inside, his mind finally seems to process the other being standing nearby watching... some kind of strange-looking Glatorian, he guessed. "Um, no thank you, we don't need any help! But, if you like, you can come inside!"

"Most people don't stay in Fe on a whim. Did you miss the caves and archives?"

IC: Sekra - New Atero (Anvil Bar)

So, let me get this straight...

We're looking for some mythical palace that everyone says just "appeared" from dreams by the power of some magical rust bucket. Not only is the head of this quest the most disgusting Matoran I've ever seen, but two more of them just showed up to crash the party. And no one can even guarantee a reward. Why am I staying again?

...oh yeah. I really am that desperate. Let's see if I can at least wrestle something out of him for my troubles.

"One condition," Sekra announced. "I need money in advance to procure the necessary supplies."

IC: Kathok - Near Tesera

Kathok's entrance was studiously ignored, but he doesn't care too much: unbeknownst to Silvana and Taurek, he has been watching the exchange with some amusement. He finds it amusing particularly, how up-himself the steltian is, and how over-serious the vortixx is. Now he raises the arm onto which his zamor launcher is attached. It is leveled at Silvana. He clears his throat with great gusto.

He voice is loud, clear, concise: "Hello. I don't think I formally introduced myself. Kathok Hann, at my service."

He pauses, watching his two quarries intently.

"Hand over everything valuable you have or you die quickly but painfully." It's matter-of-fact, but you can tell he's enjoying this. 

• Upvote 1

Kathok

IC: Karanta - Fe Border Patrol

Karanta shook her head. "Nah. Dunno why I decided to stay, but I did. Maybe it was how safe it felt. Maybe it reminded me of our old world, in a way. Can't quite explain why I decided to stay, but I did. Don't really regret it," she said, "even if I get bored."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

GM IC: City Guards - Tesara. 

"The only thing around here that's about to get squashed is you."

"Sir, please stop." 

IC: Otho - Tesara - Attempting Escape

Otho spun on his heel and began running, more like waddling with Erika on his back, away from the city guards. The last thing he was going to jail for would be ruining a bit of squash; come to think of it, he didn't plan on going to jail regardless of anything!

IC: Erland - New Atero

​Seeing the Moa parked outside of New Atero, Erland landed the ship, curious as to what predicament they might be in.

​"Hello, you have been visited by Erland's traveling auto shop..." She began to drone on in an obviously pre-planned sales pitch.

OOC: now near the Moa

OOC: Umm... totally didn't forget about this. 

He only seems to be half-listening to Ezoba as he helps Threiaa inside. "I wouldn't have much to give you for it. Most of what I had went to the Moa, and besides, I get what I need from the barrens."

But as he steps inside, his mind finally seems to process the other being standing nearby watching... some kind of strange-looking Glatorian, he guessed. "Um, no thank you, we don't need any help! But, if you like, you can come inside!"

IC: Erland

"... Sure? You sure you don't need help?"

Nevertheless, Erland moved her vehicle closer to the Moa before following the others.

GM IC: City Guards - Tesara. 

"The only thing around here that's about to get squashed is you."

"Sir, please stop." 

Otho spun on his heel and began running, more like waddling with Erika on his back, away from the city guards. The last thing he was going to jail for would be ruining a bit of squash; come to think of it, he didn't plan on going to jail regardless of anything!

IC: Antaine

"By Mata Nui... What?"

Edited by Constructman

"I'm not worried about the quantity of work that comes my way; there will always be things to steal, people to rip-off, and treasures to discover, no matter what others do to prevent that," the Vortixx continued. "I'm more concerned about the quality. When something goes down that's big enough to cause ripples, such as more guards to bribe or avoid in the settlements, more bodies and ships protecting the convoys, or areas suddenly becoming off-limits to civilian traffic, I like to be one step ahead."

She let the comment regarding her status slide. If he was going to make the mistake of underestimating her abilities, the same ones that helped her survive prison in Xia, the arena of Stelt, and the Protodermis Sea during the reign of Makuta Teridax, then he would eventually learn the error of his ways in time... possibly while being force-fed one of Nightmare's blades in the process.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Vin Halett - New Atero (Anvil Bar)

Vin sat quietly as he listened to the Matoran, nodding thoughtfully as he considered the possibilities. A few ideas came to mind, though none that he cared to share. Better to let the others wrestle with their doubts than to speak up.

"If she's getting paid up front for supplies," Vin interjected. "Then it's only fair we all get a cut too."

He took another sip of his drink.

"That or nobody gets a single widget, and we settle for whatever's stashed in this fortress."

IC-Zavon (Interacting with Akita)

"Got it." He replied. "Well, the skies aren't going to explore themselves, so I guess I'd better be going." He then started to head to the docks. "Catch you later, whatever your name is!"

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Sayana - Anvil Bar, New Atero

She sipped her drink.

"And where is this acquaintance of yours?" she asked.

GM IC: Slimy Joe - Anvil Bar, New Atero.

"Just an ol- um, just a guy I know," Joe stammered uncertainly, "Point is, he has a big airship, with divin' bells, and breathing helmets, and everythin' else we'd need to pull off a dive like this." 

"One condition," Sekra announced. "I need money in advance to procure the necessary supplies."

Joe blinked, "Do I look like I 'ave the money for that? If I had the money to pay you up front, I'd just be able ta hire the ship myself, and I wouldn't've 'ad to put up a note beggin' for help." 

IC: Vin Halett - New Atero (Anvil Bar)

"If she's getting paid up front for supplies," Vin interjected. "Then it's only fair we all get a cut too."

"That or nobody gets a single widget, and we settle for whatever's stashed in this fortress."

"See, this guy's got some common sense." 

"Hand over everything valuable you have or you die quickly but painfully." It's matter-of-fact, but you can tell he's enjoying this. 

GM IC: Silvana - Canyon.

"Are you kidding me?" She stared at the skakdi, but from his jubilant expression, it seemed like he was genuinely serious, "Him, I can sort of understand," she pointed her staff in Taurek's direction, "Too nosy and self-righteous for his own good. But you," she turned back to the skakdi, "This really isn't the time or place to try robbing someone. And as for you," she frowned at the Zyglak, "I don't even know what you're trying to accomplish here." 

The larger creature had vanished from sight for now, but the Zesk were still growing closer, "Now, I don't really care what happens to you, but I'm leaving," with that, she turned and started getting back into the Whisper's cockpit. 

GM IC: City Guards - Tesara Marketplace.

That had been a mistake. If Otho had cooperated, a simple fine, or a day or two in jail, would've sufficed as punishment for messing up a small tract of field. But now he was running, and as far as the Tesara guards were concerned. Given what had happened last night, and the heightened security today, Otho had just made a very big mistake. 

"He's over here!" the joke-making guard hollered, sprinting off after Otho. His less enthusiastic companion was close behind, and other guards were closing in from elsewhere in the marketplace. 

"I'm not worried about the quantity of work that comes my way; there will always be things to steal, people to rip-off, and treasures to discover, no matter what others do to prevent that," the Vortixx continued. "I'm more concerned about the quality. When something goes down that's big enough to cause ripples, such as more guards to bribe or avoid in the settlements, more bodies and ships protecting the convoys, or areas suddenly becoming off-limits to civilian traffic, I like to be one step ahead."

GM IC: Varim - Captstone, Cliffside.

"Karz, you people. So narrow-minded and self-obsessed," he sneered, letting the full extent of his disdain make itself known, "You sit here, so concerned about how the balance of power between the settlements might impact your lives, that you forget what you are. You're parasites, killing and stealing and leeching off the life of those who do the real work." 

He leaned back in his seat, folding his arms across his chest, "But please, allow me to alleviate your concerns - Change is coming. Change is just another word for progress, for power, and this world is changing all of the time." 

His expression twisted into a cruel smile, "There. Now that you've been warned, you can consider yourself one step ahead of the rest of the lowlifes residing in this petulant cesspool."

Edited by Roman Torchwick

"Come on in, come on in!" Ailun grins proudly at the work of his own hands... something the others probably found not all that impressive. Many of the hallways spiraling off the cargo bay were cluttered with pipes and looked too small for even a Matoran to comfortably get through. Wind whistled through cracks in the airship's seams. But... at least it was shade. And to Ailun, it was home.

"Either way... it's home now." She turns back to her watch. The horizon still seemed clear, but you could never be too careful.

Well, it was worth a shot.

IC: Skrall/Sutrox

Skrall remained silent. His desire to go on this excursion was plummeting every second.

Still, it was better than escorting socially-awkward Fe-Matoran, wasn't it? He could really use a break from that.

Was it worth it?

... It was worth it.

Going back into Sutrox mode, forcing his happy demeanor:

"I'll tag along. This will be more exciting than my day job. However, I have a request: first dibs on any foreign or alien technology that we might find. It's for my line of work, or rather, that of my co-workers. I'm fine with you redistributing my other rewards to the others here - " pointing to Serka, Vin, and Sayana - "For the purpose of fairness."

IC: Erland

"... Not to be rude, but there are a lot of things in here that could use a fix"

Edited by Constructman

GM IC: Jira - Tesara, Council Chambers. 

"Captain?" The unfamiliar voice snapped Jira out of her building internal panic. 

She turned her back on the doors to the council building, facing the trooper who'd materialised behind her. Low ranking soldier... dour expression... he's been sent to deliver bad news. She sighed, "What's wrong?" 

"Well, first up, some Matoran went on a jetback joyride through one of the fields about ten minutes ago, tore up a small tract of freshly-seeded dirt." 

"Is it related?"

"Probably not, but we've gotten a few unconfirmed reports about a craft taking off from the forest and leaving the plateau. Some say there were other ships involved, but right now we don't know anything for sure."

"So the Vortixx we're hunting is probably already gone?" Jira sighed. It wasn't completely unexpected, but it wasn't going to make the imminent conversation with the council members run any smoother. "Thank you for this information. You're dismissed." She waited until she was alone again before spitting out a string of angry curses. She still had no idea what was going on, but given the extent to which she'd been ordered to step up security and search the city, clearly it was something very serious. After distributing orders to her lieutenants, she'd headed here, demanding answers.

So far, the council had refused to let her in.  

But at last, the door creaked open, and a nervous-looking greeter hurriedly bundled her inside. The council chambers served both as a meeting place and a residence for the members of the triumvirate, but visitors were rarely given tours. The only room Jira had ever been allowed into was the central chamber, where the elders held their audiences, and that was where she was led now. However, once inside, she realised something was very very wrong.

The central chamber's walls were lined with bookshelves, housing volumes, scrolls, and tablets of all kinds, which had been recovered from both the Matoran Universe and the old villages of Bara Magna. Where Fe was the Great Barren's industrial heart, Tesara was its cultural centre, accumulating whatever histories and information it could, and safekeeping it for future generations. Except, now, the room was a mess. Tables and chairs were overturned, books were scattered across the floor, and four separate bodies, covered in white sheets, were arrayed around the room. 

"Jira." Only two figures stood before her. The elders had always possessed a flair for the mysterious, concealing their faces, and draping their bodies in voluminous cloaks, so it was impossible to be sure which of the three wasn't present. Unless, of course, the missing council member was underneath one of those sheets. 

"Wha- what happened here?" She stammered, mind racing. How could this have happened? The council residence was guarded at all times. Two guards at the back and front doors, two patrolling the perimeter, and two inside... with a growing sense of dread, she found her gaze drawn once again towards the bodies. 

"Someone broke in during the night," one of the figures spoke, "The guards at the rear entrance were merely knocked out, but the ones inside..." they didn't finish, instead leaning down and drawing back one of the sheets, revealing a Glatorian in the familiar garb of a Tesaran guard, the handle of a dagger still protruding from the centre of their chest, "...but not before they were able to slay one of their assailants." The second figure finished, indicating another of the covered corpses. 

"Okay," Jira exhaled, knowing it would fall to her to break the news to the dead guard's friends and families, "So who did this? Why?" 

"That's what we wanted you to find out. Did you locate the Vortixx yet?"

"No, we thi-" 

"We want result, not excuses." The nearest of the pair cut her off, "Theft and murder are not tolerated in Tesara. Least of all here."

"Theft? What was stolen?" 

"Enough questions. Just do your job. Get out there, find out who did this, and bring them back here to face our justice." The greeter reappeared at Jira's side a moment later, and proceeded to usher her out of the room, down the hall, and straight back out through the front door. Several of her lieutenants were already waiting for her, gazes expectant. And, for the first time in the many years since her appointment to captain, Jira honestly wasn't sure what to do next.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: The Council - Fe, Inner Sanctum.

Elsewhere, a very different council was having a very similar meeting. Fe's archives were massive, the population of engineers, scientists, and guards who had access to it was extensive, and given how compartmentalised every aspect of Fe's internal operations were, it was actually something of a miracle that it had only taken a few days for Barlow's theft to be discovered. But now that it had, those in power were wasting no time in figuring out what had happened. Extensive interviews were being carried out by the guards with everyone who'd visited the library since the last time the inventory had been catalogued, which fortunately turned out to have been only a week past, while the visitor logs from the checkpoints during that timeframe were being combed through as well. 

As one would expect from a society that was founded, and still operated, by former Nynrah Ghosts, information was even more important to them than currency. Even if Fe never used half of the schematics they owned, keeping that information from being taken and used by others was still integral to maintaining Fe's technological superiority. 

"Do we know what schematic was taken?" One of the oldest of the Fe-Matoran lounged behind a desk, reading over a few of the eyewitness accounts that the interrogators had flagged as being of interest. The inner sanctum within which Fe's ruling elite spent most of their days was something of a museum/memorial/mausoleum, its walls decorated with failed prototypes and adorned with irreparably broken tech. The Council liked to keep themselves constantly reminded of how far they'd come, and how far they still had yet to go.

"Yes," another of the elders had just entered the room, and it was he that the first was addressing, "It took some time for the librarians to locate the catalogue entry for this item," he stopped before the desk, handing a small scroll over to the first Matoran, "They archive the entries for the items we have no use for."

The first Matoran frowned at the paper, "Item 437? What would anyone want that for?" 

"Do we really want to find out?" A third Matoran interjected, "Whatever it is, they clearly already knew what they were looking for before they stole it. Which means they have plans to use it, for something."

"You're right, of course," a fourth spoke up, "But 437 is still a machine of war, is it not? I'd rather like to know who took it, and what possible purpose they'd have in mind for it."

"Tesara would have no use for this technology," the second Matoran pointed out, "And Cliffside is too disorganised to have come up with a scheme like this."

"So, New Atero, then." 

"Those pugnacious fools have gone too far this time." 

"Indeed. But first priority is to retrieve the schematic. After that, we can deal with New Atero."

"Agreed," the first Matoran concluded, calling out to the guards near the door, "Summon Xaril! We have need of his... talents."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

GM IC: Hakkzan - The Tower, New Atero. 

As Maldrakk and Ezezko made their way into the open room at the top of The Tower, they'd find themselves in a spacious, luxurious room, with carpeted floors, ancient carvings and contemporary artworks alike hanging from the walls. The rear wall of the chamber was covered in one huge mirror, reflecting the view of the outside world that was visible through the open balcony windows at the front of the chamber. 

Inside, Hakkzan was in the middle of conversing with a rocky-armoured Skrall almost as big as he was. Those who were acquainted with the Skrall species would likely recognise him as belonging to the elite class. Skrall weren't an entirely uncommon, making up roughly a third of New Atero's armed forces, but it was a little odd that the leader of New Atero would take the time to personally converse with one of them. Usually duties like that were left to Varim, or some other underling. 

"Ah, it appears I have guests," Hakkzan rose from his chair, "We'll have to finish this conversation later." The Skrall grunted noncommittally, walking to the door but not leaving the room.

"Now, how can I help you two?"  

IC: Rorohiko - Fe

His home was pleasantly dark and warm, the only light coming from his machines, which also provided the warmth as they hummed and buzzed to themselves as if they were full of insects. He rubbed the top of one, feeling the thrum of power under his fingers, and carefully upended his groceries onto the floor. Deathrot and Doomslayer shuffled over dutifully to pick up his mess. He'd tried leaving his groceries in the bag before, but they just put away the entire bag without unpacking it. They understood mess, though. They dealt with it enough.

"Thanks," he said to them. "I really appreciate it, guys. You know how it is. Got some work to do."

He spun his desk chair a few times and sat on it, cracking his knuckles. He removed his device from his arm and instead plugged it into some cords snaking from the multitude of machines before him. Another screen crackled to life, beside a dimly lit panel of cycling letters and numbers, and on it was the work he'd done on his device so far. He sat his visor on the desk beside him, balanced precariously on a bundle of wires, and got to work.

A week or so ago, someone had delivered his current project to his door. He tended to bounce between projects a lot when he hit a road block with one, either because he needed parts he didn't have, or information he had yet to find. Or, if he couldn't immediately find a solution to something, he let it stew for a bit so he could come back to it with a clearer head. This one was a rather frustrating riddle, but in a serene, almost likeable way, like a complicated puzzle toy. And, if he cracked it, the possibilities were endless.

He paused briefly to look at it. From what little he was told by the messenger, it was an implant. Some of the older Bara Magnan species had them from before the Core War. These were tiny, advanced devices made by the Great Beings to enhance the capabilities of those they were implanted into. After the Core War, of course, there were no more in production. They were a rare commodity, beyond rare even; the only way to find one, outside of being very, very lucky and somehow finding a hidden Great Being treasure trove, was from a Glatorian or Agori. And, from what he'd heard from Agori friends, they were tricky to remove and besides that often had sentimental value, on top of being extremely useful in day to day life. Often, the only way to get a new one was from inheriting it from a dead friend. Or... what was that other thing? Related people? Yeah. He didn't really get that part, the way it was explained to him, but he got that it meant people were close enough to give each other things of great value.

He wasn't sure what this one did. The dried blood he had to clean off told him it was probably not an incredibly rare, unheard of find of an unused implant, and had in fact been inside a body at some point. He thought it was pretty nice for someone to donate something this valuable so it could hopefully be mass-produced for everyone. He was pretty sure it was donated, anyway. His eyepieces spun as he looked at the fine handiwork of the device's insides. The Great Beings sure could make a doodad, that was for sure.

He looked up at his code. Therein lay the problem; the Great Beings were excellent at creating, but they had such intricate everything that unravelling it all was a trial and a half. Right now, he was trying to make something to sort the device's data into something more recognisable.

The other screen flashed. He'd been making a copy of the device's electronic contents into his own so he couldn't accidentally damage it, and it seemed to be done. Now, he could see if the code he'd spent the last two days working on nonstop was finally ready. He unplugged the implant just in case and set it safely in its box.

A round fruit nudged his ankle; it had slipped from Doomslayer's stubby fingers. He picked it up with a thank you gesture at Doomslayer, and clutched it in one hand as he ran the code with the other.

The screen went blank.

He leaned forwards, eyes wide.

'ERROR', the screen blared.

Rorohiko groaned, and then growled, and then yelled inarticulately for a good long while.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

GM IC: Varim - Captstone, Cliffside.

"Karz, you people. So narrow-minded and self-obsessed," he sneered, letting the full extent of his disdain make itself known, "You sit here, so concerned about how the balance of power between the settlements might impact your lives, that you forget what you are. You're parasites, killing and stealing and leeching off the life of those who do the real work." 

He leaned back in his seat, folding his arms across his chest, "But please, allow me to alleviate your concerns - Change is coming. Change is just another word for progress, for power, and this world is changing all of the time." 

His expression twisted into a cruel smile, "There. Now that you've been warned, you can consider yourself one step ahead of the rest of the lowlifes residing in this petulant cesspool."

Taking a moment to simply shake her head as she suppressed a minute flash of anger, one thing suddenly became very clear; the time for pleasantries was over.

But if the Turaga sincerely thought that he was the only one who could be nasty... boy, was he in for a surprise.

"You see, that's the difference between you and I, old man; while you were likely off galavanting around and playing hero with your head in the clouds, I was actually learning how the world really worked. Seeing as to how you and your kin don't seem to understand anything that doesn't come in threes, however, I'll try to keep it simple for you so you can keep up."

If they had literally been anywhere else on the planet right now, Saffina probably would've lost her composure shortly after he had insulted her and responded by throwing herself over the table in an attempt to strangle the little dwarf. Fortunately for him, though, they were sitting here in Capstone, the one place in Cliffside where violence of any kind was thoroughly frowned upon, and she had enough respect for the rules to contain the urge to murder him on the spot.

"When those you foolishly granted power were busy brainwashing your species with their lies of Unity, I was living on the streets of Xia, forced to learn the harsh lesson of Survival. No assistance was given, no shelter provided, no coin spared, and no meal prepared. Everything I required, I had to earn, and if there were others, they were the competition, not the mindless juice-drinkers you're so commonly used to dealing with."

"Where you toiled away fruitlessly out of your sense of Duty, I was studying the nuances of Greed. Unlike Matoran prisons, the first thing you learn when inside one run by Vortixx is that you are expected to work, oftentimes at the expense of your health, all so some stuck-up ####### can make themselves a profit off of your labor. The food was repulsive, medical treatment was worse, and despite the fact that fellow prisoners dying while working the assembly line was almost a daily occurance, those that remained were still forced to meet the required quota for the day, even if that meant depriving them of necessities such as sleep."

"And finally, as you were so focused on achieving the Destinies laid out before you by your Great Fraud, I had already escaped my life of slavery, taking with me the important truth of them all from my time spent fighting inside the Arena of Stelt; Blood. You can keep preaching all you want, continue telling yourself that you are somehow better than me, and throw whatever wealth or power you have around to your heart's content, but at the end of the day, it simply doesn't matter. Every sapient being I've happened to come across so far, including you, shares three universal traits; they possess a strong capability for violence when their life is on the line, their actions are fuelled purely by their own selfishness, and all of their throats are just as susceptible to the occasional dagger."

Saffina leaned forward slightly, mostly in an effort to show off her superior height, power, and anything else she could muster up in an attempt to frighten the living Karz out of his irritating ###, never once breaking eye contact as she prepared to speak yet again through gritted teeth.

"So the way I see it, this can go down in either one of two ways. The first is where we resume our fairly civil conversation, which, if I'm not mistaken, was almost entirely centered around your purpose here in Cliffside. The second scenario, on the other hand, involves a certain parasite taking offense to your statements before dragging you and your self-entitlement issues outside by your eye sockets, where murder is perfectly legal, and things becoming much uglier than they already are. Take your pick. Clock's ticking."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Why do you insist on calling me old man?" He inquired; the sound of the building tension being so abruptly snapped was almost audible, "Going by your tale, you've been around just as long as I have. Perhaps even longer." Varim didn't need threats or intimidation to mess with people's heads. Simple, unexpected facts, the raw truths of the world, often proved to be far more formidable weapons.

"Your problem, pirate," he spat the word with unrestricted disgust, "is that you make far too many assumptions. You assume you know my age, and my past. You assume my business here will have a profound impact on your meaningless, idle life. You assume you're entitled to know my business. In summary, you assume that you're far more important than you really are." 

GM IC: What Lies Below - The Chasm.

Porangi had only been in the smog for an instant, not long enough for the noxious mess to have a lasting impact on his health, and not long enough to see what lay waiting for him, deep below the roiling cloud. 

But The Chasm saw him.

Not with its eyes, although it had access to many. It was with other senses. Hearing, smell, even touch... almost. It had been quite some time since one of those Above had, even for a moment, tried to enter the Below. And, while the driving force behind The Chasm's sentience was buried too far down, below layers upon layers of machinery and minerals and malice, to reach the surface, the fell creatures whose minds it inhabited could still rise that high.

And thus, for the first time in many months, one of the twisted beasts that lurked near The Chasm's edge began the slow crawl to the surface, where sunlight and life alike waited for their turn to be snuffed out. 

GM IC: Hakkzan - The Tower, New Atero. 

As Maldrakk and Ezezko made their way into the open room at the top of The Tower, they'd find themselves in a spacious, luxurious room, with carpeted floors, ancient carvings and contemporary artworks alike hanging from the walls. The rear wall of the chamber was covered in one huge mirror, reflecting the view of the outside world that was visible through the open balcony windows at the front of the chamber. 

Inside, Hakkzan was in the middle of conversing with a rocky-armoured Skrall almost as big as he was. Those who were acquainted with the Skrall species would likely recognise him as belonging to the elite class. Skrall weren't an entirely uncommon, making up roughly a third of New Atero's armed forces, but it was a little odd that the leader of New Atero would take the time to personally converse with one of them. Usually duties like that were left to Varim, or some other underling. 

"Ah, it appears I have guests," Hakkzan rose from his chair, "We'll have to finish this conversation later." The Skrall grunted noncommittally, walking to the door but not leaving the room.

"Now, how can I help you two?"  

IC Maldrakk

Hakkzan was not by any means an unfamiliar sight to Maldrakk. He had worked extensively for him in the past, although not always directly, with varying success, but sometimes had to have his actions hushed up by Hakkzan and the police force. Usually he carried out his assignments with unchecked brutality when above suspicion and behind closed doors, especially so in Cliffside.

He made eye contact, which showed immediately his disdain for having this... Other being crawling pathetically behind him. "New word on the crawlers," He used such terms of speech to describe Fe's illustrious citizenship. "One of their nighters nearly tailed back to the cave. Now I say, who is this?"

He arched to the side and abruptly pushed the other being forward in as accidental of a manner as he could pull off.

Edited by The Ghrinch

GM IC: City Guards - Tesara Marketplace.

That had been a mistake. If Otho had cooperated, a simple fine, or a day or two in jail, would've sufficed as punishment for messing up a small tract of field. But now he was running, and as far as the Tesara guards were concerned. Given what had happened last night, and the heightened security today, Otho had just made a very big mistake. 

"He's over here!" the joke-making guard hollered, sprinting off after Otho. His less enthusiastic companion was close behind, and other guards were closing in from elsewhere in the marketplace.

IC: Otho - Tesara Marketplace - Attempting Escape

Otho made a beeline for the thicker parts of the crowds, gaining a bit of traction under his feet as the mud dried and caked off. "Move it!" Otho shouted, knocking an Agori right into a trinket stand. "Important fellow, coming through!"

Otho grabbed the controls for Erika and hit the ignition button. Just a little bit of fuel and he could get half the city away before they knew what was happening. Erika gurgled slightly and unleashed a small burst of energy that did grant Otho flight.....for several feet. He crashed head first into a low wall, his head cracking loudly against it. If it weren't for his mask, he would have died. But his mask didn't save him for slipping away into unconsciousness.

IC: Taurek - In persuit

"Oh, no you don't." The vortixx had decided to run, and I wasn't having that.

She was up to something, and I knew for darn sure that something would end up giving me a lot of money.

I started getting into the Deliverance, ready to pursue the vortixx.

Edited by QuIn

IC:Akita-Tesara

Akita had just resumed her stroll into town when a small jetpack-wielding figure blasted through the air, smashing face-first into a wall with a resounding crack.

"Uh...ow?..." was all that left Akita's mouth.

Maybe he's dead.

Maybe check.

Akita approached the figure, shaking him roughly to make sure he hadnt died of a skull fracture or broken neck or something.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

"Very well." he replies to the vortixx, as he hears the bruiser to his left mutter something and climb into his vehicle. Kathok lowers his arm, sitting back down into his seat, hands brushing the controls. Kathok takes a second to evaluate which of his options would be most...interesting, but he's bored. In this case a more direct approach is needed. He exchanges a glance with his other adversary, the steltian, briefly flashing a smile.

Then he abruptly starts Sunmaker, using the auxiliary engines to lift off near-vertically for a few seconds, pivoting a few degrees in the moments before forwards thrust would be required to keep the vehicle aloft. He grabs a joystick in one hand wrenching it forwards. In an instant, two searing beams of blisteringly hot cutting energy project from either side of the ship's main hull, slicing succinctly though anything in their path. Meanwhile, a thudding, eardrum-splitting blaster ejects a constant hail of unrelenting force at its objective.

The eruption, the utter barrage of heat and force unleashed by Sunmaker in those few seconds before it surges forwards and up have only one target, of course: Silvana's Jetrax. 

Though Kathok doesn't mind terribly if she gets caught in the fire. 

Kathok