Name at least one line you wish Lego would have made

Legodudelol

I think the title is self-explanatory, just give me some topics that you wish the Lego company would have done, wish they will do, or wish they didn't do. Here's an example:

Personally, a theme that I wish they did was a T.V. series that started back in 2003 called Code Lyoko

A theme I hope they eventually do is a Lego Religions line, where they make a Lego set that represents at least one religion

A theme I wish they never did is Hero Factory.

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

I second that Code Lyoko would've been cool to see in Lego. Still, that goes back to the problem that, except for Harry Potter, Lego seems to never license non-American properties.

Well, keep in mind 2 things,

1: Code lyoko also aired in america

2: Lego is stationed in denmark

My Epic: Ahkmou's Return and My story collection: Takanuva's Travels are my stories so far, look 'em up.

I second that Code Lyoko would've been cool to see in Lego. Still, that goes back to the problem that, except for Harry Potter, Lego seems to never license non-American properties.

They did license Minecraft (Swedish), Doctor Who (British), and Angry Birds (Finnish). So even though most of their licenses are American media properties, they have been branching out a bit more lately.

Some brands I wish LEGO had picked up/would pick up include The Legend of Korra, The Adventures of Tintin, Steven Universe, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, Voltron: Legendary Defender, The Legend of Zelda, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, and Professor Layton. Thanks to LEGO Ideas and LEGO Dimensions, LEGO has started to create sets and themes based on series that are not still ongoing, so LEGO hasn't totally missed their chance to make sets based on these properties.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic or My Little Pony Equestria Girls sets could be cool too, but I know those would never happen due to the rights belonging wholly to Hasbro, one of the LEGO Group's biggest competitors.

I can't think of any brands that I wish LEGO didn't make into sets. Even the ones that don't appeal to me (like Jurassic World or Disney Princess Palace Pets) are generally still popular with someone, and there's no reason those people don't deserve themes they can enjoy. And the few themes that could be considered major failures, like Galidor, still taught LEGO powerful lessons about mistakes not to make in the future.

• Upvote 2

Ahem? Maersk is Danish. Hans Christian Anderson is Danish. Doctor Who is British. The car companies (Ferrari, Volkswagen, Volvo, Mercedes, BMW, etc) span a wide variety of countries. The "Soccer" sports theme never would have worked if football wasn't massively popular in non-American markets. The oil companies (Exxon, Shell) are all multinational conglomerates. I guess Disney's American, but otherwise, this seems completely wrong (and Disney brought us things like Winnie the Pooh, which brings us back across the pond).

FWIW, the US only recently surpassed Germany as the largest market for LEGO. It's only natural that LEGO would cater more to that market today, although that's still not that common.

I was gonna say Code Lyoko, too.

lyoko.png

Right now I'm trying to leverage my considerable insidious influence to instigate a Miraculous theme.  (It's going slowly.)

That takes me back....

I would've loved a Transformers theme.

Unfortunately, Hasbro's pretty determined to make their own​ building block line, so I don't think that's ever going to happen.

Did you go to the 2002 'The Power Lies Beneath' tour?

If yes, PM me. I'm looking for something that was only distributed during that tour.

I've said this before, and I'll never stop saying it: Mass Effect.

Yes, I know that it will absolutely never happen because of the game's rating, but there is so much set-potential in it. UCS Normandy, a Citadel playset, midi-scale Sovereign, the shuttle from ME3, the Mako, the Hammerhead, a Nos Astra Spaceport playset, CCBS figures and so on and so forth.

Just google "Lego Mass Effect" - the fan-made creations should convince you if you aren't already. Lego Mass Effect would be astoundingly awesome in every possible way.

I really really  want this to happen. 

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I've said this before, and I'll never stop saying it: Mass Effect.

Yes, I know that it will absolutely never happen because of the game's rating, but there is so much set-potential in it. UCS Normandy, a Citadel playset, midi-scale Sovereign, the shuttle from ME3, the Mako, the Hammerhead, a Nos Astra Spaceport playset, CCBS figures and so on and so forth.

Just google "Lego Mass Effect" - the fan-made creations should convince you if you aren't already. Lego Mass Effect would be astoundingly awesome in every possible way.

I really really  want this to happen. 

Holy cyprinadae I did and now I want it too.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I wasn't aware of the Doctor Who license or that Mindcraft and Angry Birds were of European origin. I also wouldn't count Cars and Football in the same class of media licenses even if those themes include licenses to have sets based on real cars or that use the likeness of real players or various logos.

Still, one would think a European company big on licensing popular media would have more European franchises among their licenses, and to my knowledge, there's a complete lack of any Asian licenses, even among Japanese Animation and Video Games that have gained mainstream status in the West.

Anyways, part of me says the holy grail of licensing would be a Lego-Namco-Bandai partnership that would allow Lego to produce sets for any property whose existing toy lines are handled by Namco-Bandai. Though, now that I think about it, Bandai might be one of the biggest reasons Lego hasn't capitalized on Japanese Pop Culture with international appeal.

In general, I think nearly any toy company that deals in character-driven or story-driven lines could benefit greatly from a partnership with Lego.

Anyways, for specific franchises, I'd like:

Sonic the Hedgehog, especially sets based on the Genesis or Dreamcast Eras. Bonus points for lots of Technic-built Badniks and Eggman Mechs.

Digimon

Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of narnia.

Dragonball, Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach, among other Shounen Jump titles.

Just so you know, I'm blinad

I wasn't aware of the Doctor Who license or that Mindcraft and Angry Birds were of European origin. I also wouldn't count Cars and Football in the same class of media licenses even if those themes include licenses to have sets based on real cars or that use the likeness of real players or various logos.

Still, one would think a European company big on licensing popular media would have more European franchises among their licenses, and to my knowledge, there's a complete lack of any Asian licenses, even among Japanese Animation and Video Games that have gained mainstream status in the West.

Anyways, part of me says the holy grail of licensing would be a Lego-Namco-Bandai partnership that would allow Lego to produce sets for any property whose existing toy lines are handled by Namco-Bandai. Though, now that I think about it, Bandai might be one of the biggest reasons Lego hasn't capitalized on Japanese Pop Culture with international appeal.

In general, I think nearly any toy company that deals in character-driven or story-driven lines could benefit greatly from a partnership with Lego.

Anyways, for specific franchises, I'd like:

Sonic the Hedgehog, especially sets based on the Genesis or Dreamcast Eras. Bonus points for lots of Technic-built Badniks and Eggman Mechs.

Digimon

Lord of the Rings and Chronicles of narnia.

Dragonball, Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach, among other Shounen Jump titles.

they once did lord of the rings, it wasn't very big though

Sonic the Hedgehog

Lord of the Rings

Seriously?

Here's the official Sonic the Hedgehog set: http://brickset.com/sets/71244-1/Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Level-Pack

They also did a multi-year Lord of the Rings series: http://brickset.com/sets/theme-The-Lord-of-the-Rings

...followed by a multi-year Hobbit series: http://brickset.com/sets/theme-The-Hobbit

Are you yanking our chains?

Stargate.

You mean something like this?

8078-1.jpg?201005120520

http://brickset.com/sets/8078-1/Portal-of-Atlantis

Combine that with Pharoah's Quest sets from that same year, and you're golden. I think they've pushed as far as they can in that direction without obtaining a license that wouldn't be kid-friendly.

Stargate.

Oh yeah, that's also a prime idea. Imagine the minifig accessories that would come with the Jaffa warriors who had the folding helmets designed after the Egyptian gods. Mmmhm.

Also playsets of the SGC and Atlantis would be prime, plus a puddlejumper and whatnot.

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

In my defense, I was pretty much completely out of the Lego loop for roughly 15 years between the cancellation of Throwbots and my decision to give Bionicle G2 the chance I never gave G1, and teenaged me wasn't really interested in system sets(there wasn't enough to the sets I could afford or convince my parents to buy, and the sets that might have given teenaged me a better appreciation for brick building were too expensive to even dream about). Besides, I'm sure there are themes that even people who were active in Lego fandom during the themes run have forgotten or never heard of. I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of everything Lego has ever made and wouldn't expect anyone to be so.

That said, even if I've mentioned things that previously had sets, I wouldn't mind them getting a reissue of those sets or new sets. And if they previously only had system sets, I wouldn't mind them getting CCBS or Technic sets.

Just so you know, I'm blinad

It will never happen for a multitude of reasons, but I think that a Lego Dark Souls theme would have the potential to be awesome.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of everything Lego has ever made and wouldn't expect anyone to be so.

We actually have multiple walking encyclopedias around here. My expectation, though, is that people would check against a database (such as Brickset or BrickLink) before posting something inaccurate about what LEGO has made so far. The Dimensions sets in particular are recent enough that even a quick skim through the LEGO Shop-at-Home website would cover it (most of those sets are currently in stores).

I want a Bionicle G3 to happen in my life time.

Same, anyone else?

That would be nice. I'd assume we'll get something else similar, but different instead. To set expectations, we'll probably get something soon that is to G2 what Hero Factory was to G1.

I wish LEGO would make a non-store version of their digital boxes. As long as they're trying out weird concepts, why can't they come up with an app that can identify sets and download animations based on them on-the-fly?

I'm probably in the minority in this thread, but I think the problem is that LEGO makes too much good stuff...most of what I'd wish for over the years has already happened. Short of giving us a value bucket full of currently rare parts, I'm not sure they could please me more.

...oh wait, we've already got keetorange bricks in Pick-A-Brick. So we're already seeing parts that sold for $30+ a few years ago become readily available in bulk.

I wish LEGO would make a non-store version of their digital boxes. As long as they're trying out weird concepts, why can't they come up with an app that can identify sets and download animations based on them on-the-fly?

They have an app pretty much exactly like what you just described in Europe, except that it works with the catalogs rather than the boxes.

I know it'll never happen, but LEGO History. All we really ever got was Abraham Lincoln. Still, I could see something awesome like a LEGO Battle of Marathon set (includes three Greek warriors, four Persian warriors). Something like a rock formation defended by the Greeks, with a play feature being a portion of the rock collapsing on the Persians. Not quite historically accurate, but the kids would like it.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Megaman. Gotta have me a Lego Megaman set one day... I have no idea how it work, but man, that'd make me happy.

I wish Lego would make JoJo's Bizarre Adventure sets.

C'mon Lego I need me a CCBS STANDO

I second this to a great extent.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Megaman. Gotta have me a Lego Megaman set one day... I have no idea how it work, but man, that'd make me happy.

That sounds like the sorta thing where CCBS would shine.

(cue Bionicle fans whining that heroes can't be built, robots can't have emotions, and only biological life has meaning) Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 4

I'd love a Lego pinball machine.  I've messed around, taking a baseplate, covering it in tiles, using bricks to mark the pathways and bumpers then putting an airsoft pellet in as the ball.  They could do a whole series of Lego pinball machines, each one being a replica of an existing machine.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

A CCBS Megaman would be cool, but i think if LEGO were to make a Halo series it would be cool, sadly Mega Bloks has the license for Halo and WoW, and i like the Mega Bloks ones they just were not quite right, -_-  but the figures were amazing for posing and stop motion.  :)

There is another Whovian on BZPower!?
Brother I have found you.

Whoa there.

The LEGO Whovian meetup needs a separate thread

That reminds me, i wish the doctor who line was bigger

I liked G2.  :o

Also known as:

Aguyinahat

Aleksyi

also i write some and do some art, bad at both though.

A CCBS Megaman would be cool, but i think if LEGO were to make a Halo series it would be cool, sadly Mega Bloks has the license for Halo and WoW, and i like the Mega Bloks ones they just were not quite right, -_- but the figures were amazing for posing and stop motion. :)

There is another Whovian on BZPower!?

Brother I have found you.

Whoa there.

The LEGO Whovian meetup needs a separate thread

That reminds me, i wish the doctor who line was bigger

Can we just get at least a Doctor Who mini figure series.

I want a River Song so bad!

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Game of Thrones CMF series.  It's never going to happen, though, because it's Game of Thrones.

And of course, a line entirely devoted to brick-built DANK MEMES.

• Upvote 1

Imma put my hopeless dream for a Halo theme aside and pick a different video game line as my answer for this topic.

Strider.

A ninja man with awesome hair and gear running around cities and bases cutting robots in half would make for a good theme, even if it's only for one year. In the 2014 game alone, there are lots of cool vehicles, locations, and enemies that could make for some good sets. Recreate a boss fight in the city district, have Strider Hiryu dodging a subway train as he attacks a squad of robots, or have him flying on his hang glider into a construction site in the snowy mountains. The possibilities for a Strider theme are already looking pretty good, right? It gets better. While Hiryu is the only playable character in the 2014 game, there were other Striders running around and fighting robots before being killed. To keep Hiryu from being the only hero in all the sets, mix things up with the fallen Striders; recount their final moments in set form before Hiryu arrives to pick up where they left off.

Additionally, set designers can go earlier than the 2014 for further inspiration. Before 2014, Strider Hiryu's battled evil forces in the Amazon rainforest, snowy mountaintops, Egypt, Japan, and even space stations, allowing for a variety of scenes to be recreated in LEGO bricks.

Also, since LEGO Star Wars has proven that human characters won't look like absolute garbage in CCBS, Strider could have a companion CCBS line. Strider Hiryu would be mandatory, and the Kuniang team, Solo in his classic armors and 2014 armor, Strider Hien, and some of the robot soldiers from the 2014 game could all be worthy candidates for CCBS renditions.

I know the line would never happen, and others have dreamed before me, only to fail to make it a reality. However, a fan can dream, right? The line sounds like an amazing idea to me, but yeah, it's a long shot.

mindeth the cobwebs

I know it probably won't happen, but I would love to see some Nintendo franchises made into Lego lines. Specifically Metroid. I love that series and I would get a Samus Aran or Ridley set in a heartbeat. Sets based on other Metroid characters, like Kraid, Mother Brain, Dark Samus, and/or a Metroid (species) would be really cool too.

Another one could be Super Mario Bros. I don't know if Mario, Luigi, and some of the other characters would work as sets themselves, but I think minifig versions of them would be neat. Though some characters like Bowser could definitely be their own sets. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I know it probably won't happen, but I would love to see some Nintendo franchises made into Lego lines. Specifically Metroid. I love that series and I would get a Samus Aran or Ridley set in a heartbeat. Sets based on other Metroid characters, like Kraid, Mother Brain, Dark Samus, and/or a Metroid (species) would be really cool too.

Another one could be Super Mario Bros. I don't know if Mario, Luigi, and some of the other characters would work as sets themselves, but I think minifig versions of them would be neat. Though some characters like Bowser could definitely be their own sets. :)

Unfortunately, Super Mario Bros. is currently licensed by K'nex (the sets and figs are mediocre at best and I feel Lego could do much better, but until that licensing agreement ends I doubt Lego will get a crack at it). And I don't know if we'd be likely to see Metroid except possibly in the context of a larger Nintendo theme, considering both the slightly more violent and mature subject matter of the series as well as the fact that it's a fairly niche series that has gone without an unambiguous hit for quite some time.

In terms of Nintendo themes, I think the one with the most potential currently would be The Legend of Zelda, considering that theme's global popularity, the imminent release of a highly anticipated title, a provable audience by virtue of the many highly-supported Ideas projects that have come and gone, and of course, the fact that the franchise is not currently licensed out to any other building toy manufacturers.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother