Vezon and Fenrakk: titan or vehicle?

Sir Keksalot

Here's a little question I've been pondering for a while now, and I was wondering what you guys thought about it: does Vezon and Fenrakk count as a titan set, or as a vehicle set? The reason I ask is that a titan set is a particularly large figure, which Fenrakk certainly is; however, a vehicle set is a normal or small figure that rides around on a big heap of technic, which Fenrakk also happens to be. So, yeah, what is V&F?

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Also, "vehicle set" as a designation didn't even exist until 2008. So even if you wanted to call V&F that it would be a retroactive decision, not based on how LEGO marketed the set.

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Huh, so I guess V&F are a titan and regular figure packaged together, like how Mutran and Vican are a normal and small figure with the same deal going on?

Also, "vehicle set" as a designation didn't even exist until 2008. So even if you wanted to call V&F that it would be a retroactive decision, not based on how LEGO marketed the set.

...Well, Rasta In Pasta, Boxor and Exo-Toa. You will be meme'd.

Those are vehicles, yeah. But they weren't marketed as vehicles. It wasn't a theme like "Bohrok" or "Toa Hordika." It was two mech suits that were part of the same product lineup as Cahdok and Gahdok. "Battle Vehicles" became a thing in 2008 with the T series sets.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Those are vehicles, yeah. But they weren't marketed as vehicles. It wasn't a theme like "Bohrok" or "Toa Hordika." It was two mech suits that were part of the same product lineup as Cahdok and Gahdok. "Battle Vehicles" became a thing in 2008 with the T series sets.

Eh, if you ask me, any set that would fall under a denomination of sets even if released before that denomination was a thing should be counted as a member of that denomination. Also, I'm kicking myself for forgetting the Ussanui and Lesovikk's thingymabobber.

Vezon & Fenrakk definitely wouldn't qualify as a vehicle. The term "creature" might be more applicable. Regardless, the 2006 Bionicle website defined Vezon & Fenrakk as a titan.

This ambiguity in what "titan" means is probably part of why in 2007 LEGO did away with the "titans" nomenclature in favor of "warriors", which encompassed larger humanoid characters like Hydraxon or Maxilos as well as creatures like Gadunka and figures with vehicles like Lesovikk. But then in 2008 they made a specific "vehicles" category, which they renamed "vehicles/creatures" in 2009.

• Upvote 1

The same could be applied to Lhikan and Kikanalo, or Takua and Pewku and Jaller and Gukko. As others have said, it's just two figures (not a figure and a means of transportation), a small and a larger one, put together in the same box. I say it counts as Titan.

Takanuva, on the other hand, like the Boxor and Lesovikk and even Toa Ignika, could be viewed as a vehicle set, while the Exo-Toa could not, because while it can be piloted, in-story it also was an autonomous robot, and did not come along with a pilot inside the box.

A clever solution could be this one: if the vehicle (not animals, mind you) is considerably larger than the pilot, then it is a vehicle set. Put this way, only Boxor (as the set title implies) is a 'true' vehicle set, while Takanuva, Lesovikk and Toa Ignika are not, because their vehicles are only slightly larger than the pilots.

I don't know about Vultraz, though. His vehicle was pretty small, but so is he.

Edited by Millennium

Titan, but refer that to larger sets in general. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell