Gamma Dragon

Gamma-Ray

The Gamma Dragon flys high into the sky to absorb gamma rays usually shielded by the atmosphere.  Theses rays allow for tremendous power and give it a glowing appearance.  

--------------------

I finally got a chance to put the head used for my profile picture into a moc!

31365486326_504ff14437.jpg

30595469803_e14a815ca0_q.jpg30581493694_a2f39bdfd7_q.jpg

Full-size pictures can be seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gamma-raay/31365486326/in/dateposted-public/

Thanks for checking it out! Let me know what you think.

Edited by Gamma-Ray
  • Upvote 11

fazelynx_100.jpgunit_t4-z6a_100.jpgsharp_ed_100.jpgmt-05_100.jpgaeolus_100.jpgzaldrizes_100.jpghysleria_100.jpgnivawk_100.jpg

That huge grin mixed with the animated look of it makes me feel like a monster right out of the Dreamworks: Dragons series. Also, that abundance of Metru Blue shells  :drool:

The upside-down claws look a bit odd, but they somehow fit the overall look of the beast. Nice work!

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

This is an incredible MOC! However, could you make the images/thumbnails link to either the Flickr pages or higher-resolution images, instead of to themselves? It's very difficult to make out the details in some of them.

From what I can tell, the curves are incredible, and you did a great job with the colors. The use of the very rectilinear solar panel pieces from the old Discovery sets is unconventional for a dragon but works very, very nicely on this one!

I hope you get an opportunity to show this beauty off at a LEGO convention!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Only gripe I have is that I feel that the wings are too high up on the body, I think if they were situated in between the legs it would look more balanced. IMO, that would be pretty fitting for a serpentine dragon. Also, since I'm assuming the wings articulate, if you posed them not fully extended it would look better as it wouldn't have that gap in between the panels.

Other than those to minor gripes I think it looks great! Good work man.

Edited because I said "I think" at least seven times.

P

Edited by Primus

• 3 weeks later...

I'm honestly surprised this never got featured.  It's fantastically well-made.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• 3 weeks later...

It's a dragon and it glows in the dark, I'm a fan of it just for that. But you have so many other things that can't be over looked, the way you went about doing the scales is so well done. The mouth looks as dangerous as it would be. And I rather like how the claws on it's feet go upwards. Great job on this!

• Upvote 1