Toa Mata And Toa Seal Question

Here's something that's really been bothering me.Why, in 2001, when the Toa Mata united their elemental powers to defeat Makuta, didn't it create a Toa seal?I don't know if there's already an explanation for this. Personally, I can't think of one. Six different elements hit Makuta at once, so it should've created a Toa seal. Instead it just weakened Makuta.

I think the original explanation was this: Toa can either turn elemental energy into the element, and manipulate it or, just manipulate the energy. In this, they were just firing their elements, and with the Toa Metru and stuff they were actually combining the energy. The problem with this is in The Darkness Below, they unintentionally combine their powers by all firing at the same time, making a toa seal. It doesn't make sense why they would accidentally fire the energy.This is the best I've got.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

TLG hadn't thought of it yet. Duh.

I'd have to say, that is probably the real explanation. Storyine wise, I don't think the Toa Mata intended to create a Toa seal. Possibly they didn't know of it, or simply didn't think of it, seeing as they were struggling to fight off this giant metal tentacled cloud thing...

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Actually, the explanation is very simple, and confirmed by Greg -- they did NOT combine their beams. Six different beams hit him, when to make a protocage you have to combine the beams into one, and then have that one beam hit the target.There was actually a lot of speculation that the reason Makuta chose that moment to appear to die was in fear that if he didn't, the Toa would soon think of combining the beams, and then he'd be trapped again. Regardless, we know for a fact they did not combine the beams.Re: Toa Zaz, it's not so much about whether it's still elemental energy, but whether the beams unite. Think of a big circle, with six lines coming in from six different directions, and impacting the circle. The lines never meet because the circle is in their way. The circle in this analogy is Makuta. So it's sort of like six lasers hitting different sides of his body, but never touching each other. Question answered; topic closed. :)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)