Bionicle Mafia XXXVI: A Princely Affair

Ehksidian

Hmm... can a person be chosen as a representative more than one time and if so multiple days in a row?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Hmm... can a person be chosen as a representative more than one time and if so multiple days in a row?

Only if they appear on the Representative list multiple days in a row. Remember, you cannot vote for people not on a list.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Alright, well, I feel like signups have been open long enough. Role #s will be adjusted to fit the new player count (really just minus three matoran, nothing else)

All PMs have been sent. Let me know if you didn't receive one. Everyone should have gotten one.

Edited by Ehksidian

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Let the games begin. :evilbiggrin:

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Day 0

The crowd lingered for a short time. What were they to do? What could they do? They muttered amongst themselves for some time, before a groan came from the stage. Numerous gazes snapped to the stage as the Bodyguard dragged themselves upwards.

“Ow,” they said.

The crowd sighed almost in unison. At least both the Bodyguard and Ruler hadn’t died. Still, they felt aimless. They didn’t have a ruler. The Bodyguard didn’t want to lead them anymore. What could they do? They chattered some more, before an idea began to spread. They could elect someone. Choose someone to lead them, to direct them until the Prince was dealt with. Perhaps they could choose a different person each day, just so the Prince would never be sure of who, exactly, to strike. Everyone agreed. That was the best course of action.

The Bodyguard watched as everyone discussed this idea, and reached to grab something from inside the podium. An old, wooden box. It had been twelve whole years since it was last used...but now was the time to use it.

“Alright,” they said, “shall we vote on who will represent us this first night?”

Everyone nodded. Someone produced a sheaf of papers for everyone to write their choice on. All of the villagers wrote down a name, and placed it in the box. Once everyone had voted, the Bodyguard nodded and counted the votes. Near unanimously, everyone had voted for the Matoran who stood up to the Prince. And, thus, they became the Representative.

One Matoran in the crowd grumbled. They hated the Prince, sure, but...did a new ruler have to be elected? It was such a small village, surely everyone could fend for themselves. A poisonous thought entered that Matoran’s mind. Yes...that’s an excellent idea, if I do say so myself.

-----

Everyone returned to their homes for the night. The moon rose, and all was quiet. It wouldn’t be long before the Enforcers claimed their first victim...

NIGHT ROLES, YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO SEND N YOUR ACTIONS.

Edited by Ehksidian
  • Upvote 3

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Night 1:

The night was quiet. The villagers, who had recently taken a penchant for night-time parties, were all hiding in their homes, everyone hoping they would survive the night. Everyone’s doors were locked, in a vain attempt to keep the Enforcers away.

For one poor Matoran, it wasn’t enough.

-----

The Bodyguard knocked on a Matoran’s door. They had decided that, despite the Prince’s threats, they should still try to protect the villagers. Even if they couldn’t help everyone. The door creaked open, and a voice whispered, “Hello? Who’s there?”

The Bodyguard sighed. “It’s me. Don’t worry, I’m gonna keep you safe tonight. Alright?”

The door shut again, before opening up all the way. “Alright. Thanks for being here, I guess. At least I can sleep easy...”

With a nod, the Bodyguard stepped into the house. The door shut behind them, and the lights went out. One Matoran was certain to be safe, at least.

-----

The basement was alight with quiet murmurings. The Enforcers had gathered shortly after nightfall, to discuss who to kill. Eventually, they came to an agreement on their target. They looked to the Prince, who gave a nod.

“Execute FF. Make it seem...natural,” they said. The Enforcers nodded, and one was sent out to kill. The killer exited the basement, and searched around the house for a bit, before finding their method of murder. With an evil grin, they took the jar off a shelf, and stalked off into the night. Their target was only a few houses down, and luckily for the assassin, FF’s window was left slightly ajar.

Of course, said window was on the second floor of the house. Quietly, silently, the Enforcer crawled up to the window, making sure that the jar wouldn’t fall and break. Eventually, they slipped into the window, and landed on the floor with a quiet thunk. FF was asleep and completely unaware of their impending demise. With a chuckle, the Enforcer unscrewed their jar and dumped the contents onto FF’s face.

It was a spider. A very, very nasty spider, in fact.

The Enforcer smashed the jar on the ground, startling both FF and the spider. In terror, the spider bit down hard on FF, injecting them with venom. It didn’t take long at all for FF’s struggles to end. The assassin slipped out of the house again, and into the night.

-----

The representative watched their target silently. They had learned all they had to about this person. Quietly, they returned to their home.

-----

The sun rose above the land as the village gathered in the town square again. Most had survived the night, but soon, someone noticed that FF was missing. Everyone spoke quietly for some time, before deciding to send someone to check. Blade volunteered, and made her way to FF’s house. She knocked on the door, only to be greeted with total silence. She knocked again, before opening the door with a kick. The house was dark. A strange smell lingered in the house...she couldn’t quite place what it was, but it was something.

As she ascended the creaky stairs, the smell grew stronger and stronger. Whatever it was, it smelled awful. Moments after walking up the final step, she was faced with what everyone had expected – FF’s corpse. There was a splattered spider on their chest, and Blade could only surmise that was the cause of death. She returned to the center of town, and informed everyone.

“Well,” said Blade, “What should we do?”

Everyone shrugged in unison. “Maybe...vote for who we think killed FF?” suggested the Bodyguard. After a moment of hesitation, the crowd voiced a quiet agreement.

“Perhaps we should also vote for a new Representative too,” suggested someone in the crowd. The current representative nodded in agreement. “Good idea,” they said.

After a few minutes of investigating the scene, a list was provided for possible suspects. Alongside that list, a list of those who could become the Representative. Both were posted on the podium for all to see, and for all to deliberate on.

REMINDER: VOTE FOR LYNCHINGS IN THE TOPIC, AND VOTE FOR THE NEXT REPRESENTATIVE IN THE PM I HAVE PROVIDED FOR YOU!

You have 24 hours to vote.

Suspects for the assassination of FF
Unit
Nato
Smoke Monster
xccj

Candidates for the next Representative
Tiragath
Windrider
Burnmad
RG

Edited by Ehksidian
  • Upvote 4

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Hm, a decent number of spiders have X's and C's and J's in their scientific names, so I think I'll vote for xccj.

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well, that's the first time I got killed Night 1.

But, I think the Enforcers mistook me for Underscore or Tex or something. :P

trust me, the only reason I'm making it to Round 2 is because Ehks didn't slap my name on the suspect list

I'm not sure who to vote for to be honest. Even if Nato is guilty I don't care to see him dead because he's one of like, two logical thinkers. Unit is my pal but he always tries to get me dead unless we're allied, so maybe I'll just go make sure we're allies. Xccj always tries to kill me or have me lynched unless I can do it to him first, and Nato has already gone to the trouble of starting a vote chain, but if it fails and I vote for him then I'm just inviting him to continue the trend when I'm honestly not certain it would be worth it. And Smoke Monster... our Mafia relationship is, to my knowledge, entirely neutral, and I see no reason to ruin that neutrality quite yet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not voting yet, and if you people vote anyone other than Windrider or Tiragath as representative, truthfully, I have nothing to say to you.

Not that I have anything against Burnmad or RG, you're both fine (although I should warn everyone that RG can be startlingly loyal to Luroka of all people) but I mean, it's only so often that we get the chance to declare Windrider as the one worthy of speaking for us all, even if she might be the Prince.

I'm starting to feel like Pulse. I think I'll stop now.

• Upvote 5

Xccj always tries to kill me or have me lynched unless I can do it to him first

I have never voted for a Stark and... *checks your user name history* ... never mind.

:P

If I had to think of something that could easily pass through a slightly opened window, it would be a Smoke Monster. So that's who I'm voting for. :sly:

:music:

Edited by xccj

Hmm... to vote for the other name on the suspect list and instigate a four way hanging, or to vote the logical choice... 

Placing my vote for Smoke Monster. I would be very surprised if he is actually the killer, but I do happen to like Xccj's logic on this, or at the very least I enjoy how humorously obvious it is.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Where do deadly bugs come from?

Australia.

Voting for Nato.

Actually, Australia's pretty tame in the bug department. Our deadliest animals are mostly of the reptilian variety.