Bionicle Mafia XXXVI: A Princely Affair

Ehksidian

Alright, taking all bets, taking all bets, who's going to die this night?

And if someone guesses correctly, we'll know they're an enforcer and will hang them.

Me or Tex will probably die next. Edited by ToaTimeLord II

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

And if someone guesses correctly, we'll know they're an enforcer and will hang them.

Me or Tex will probably die next.

When I die, you're getting lynched

Maybe not immediately, but I promise you, it will happen.

Night 6

The people of the village cloistered themselves into their homes, their doors locking shut in near unison. Everyone dreaded the night, dreaded what it brought. One person fell each night. Not even locking ones door could protect one from death, it seemed.

That was the logic Voltex followed when he left his door unlocked that night. Unfortunately for him, this was the night the Enforcers decided to execute him.

-----

Taka Nuvia and the other Enforcer stood at opposite ends of a table in the True Prince’s basement, staring at each other. They had met shortly after Hellyam’s death, to discuss who their next target would be. The Prince was adamant on his choice.

“Voltex must perish. He is far too unpredictable to live,” the Prince announced, looking upon Taka and her compatriot. “If he continues to live, he may prove to be meddlesome. While he may have tried to betray the village in some capacity...it is very clear he hold no true allegiance to either side.”

Taka grimaced. “He might be a good ally, though. Wouldn’t it be better for him to live as long as possible, and only kill him once he betrays us?” She asked. “After all, he wanted to follow Hellyam’s lead, and refused to vote until he did...even though everyone believed he had caused the fire.”

The Prince shook his head, and glared down at Taka Nuvia. “Do not speak against me. I am still your ruler. And he may have displayed his temporary loyalty to Hellyam, he most certainly will not maintain that. He must die.”

The two Enforcers stared each other in the eye. “I’ll go,” said Taka Nuvia’s counterpart. “I need to make up for my failed attack on the Representative. And...Voltex and I have history. It’s only fitting I kill him.”

Taka’s shoulders slumped. She nodded somberly, and muttered, “If you must. The Prince calls for his blood, so I guess we have no choice.”

The other Enforcer turned heel and left the room, taking a dagger with him as he left. It would, hopefully, be a simple matter to kill Voltex. A simple slit throat was all that was needed to silence him. The Enforcer exited the house, and into the cool night air. By now, the Representative must have concluded her investigation, and returned to sleep. The Enforcer shuddered, praying to Mata Nui that he had not been the one she spied on.

Voltex’s door opened silently, the well-oiled hinges letting out nary a squeak. The Enforcer figured it was easy, but not that it would be this easy. He crept into the house, brandishing his knife, waiting to see where Voltex was. The floors creaked quietly beneath his feet, despite his best efforts. Most likely not enough to wake someone dead asleep, but certainly enough to alert someone awake to his presence. He crept through the sparse living room, and approached a closed door. A door that could only be Voltex’s bedroom.

He turned the handle, and slipped into the room. It was pitch-black, and the Enforcer could scarcely hear anything inside of the room. He could only hear the beating of his heartlight, and his own breath. He crept forwards, towards the bed, and looked down upon it. An amorphous lump sat there, what he could only assume was the sleeping form of Voltex.

“I’m sorry, buddy,” he whispered quietly, “but I have to do this.”

He brought the knife downwards, stabbing into the mass...

...which turned out to be little more than a bundle of pillows, covered by the bedsheet.

The Enforcer’s eyes widened in surprise, as he swiftly took the knife out of the decoy. Voltex must have known, somehow. Either that, or he was simply paranoid and did this every night. The Enforcer wouldn’t be surprised by either. The Enforcer looked frantically around the room, to see if he could find anyone at all. By the time he turned around to look through the door where he came from, a creaking sounded out from next to the bed, opposite of him. His gaze snapped back, to look at the opposite side of the bed. Sure enough, there was his target.

“Hello. You’ve come to kill me at last, huh?” Voltex said, inclining his head to the invader. “I knew this would happen eventually. My shenanigans must worry your Prince quite a bit, huh? Trying to win over your trust by voting with you guys without question, helping Vox with killing off the old Heir...man, that must have really got him suspicious, huh? Especially when the Representative outed me as just a regular ol’ matoran.” A smile crossed his face. “Figured eventually you’d be sent to kill me. I mean, who else would they send? Taka?”

The Enforcer stepped backwards in surprise. “Look, I-“

“Save it. No need to reason with a man destined to die. I know how these things go,” he said dismissively, waving a hand. “Karz, I may as well not even put up a fight. Not like anyone survives these attempts. Might as well stab me right in the head and get it over with.”

The Enforcer stared at Voltex, his gaze steely. “You seemly awfully nonplussed about dying. What do you have planned?”

Voltex laughed, and shrugged. “You really wanna know? I’ll tell you. There is none. I never had a plan.”

And with that, Voltex lunged forwards towards the Enforcer. The Enforcer didn’t have any time to react before the Matoran had wrapped his hands around his neck. “No one has lived yet, but I can at least try and take you down with me!” he said, a manic smile spread across his face.

The Enforcer gasped for air, his arms pinned by Voltex’s legs. He fumbled with the knife, before stabbing Voltex’s thigh with it. The Matoran let out a yelp of pain, but maintained his hold. He pulled the Enforcer’s head up, and slammed it back down onto the ground. Stars swam in the Enforcer’s vision, and the lack of oxygen certainly didn’t help with that. He tried to bury the knife deeper, and slide it, but it was no use. Voltex’s hands loosened their grip around the Enforcer’s neck, and his hands went upwards.

“And if I can’t kill you...I’ll just make it so everyone knows you did it!”

His hands slid upwards, underneath the Enforcer’s masks, and his thumbs found placement above the Enforcer’s eyes. He raised his thumbs, preparing to gouge out each of the eyes. “Everyone will see what you did, and you won’t see. That’s the price you pay for betraying me.”
Voltex’s shift allowed the Enforcer to free his knife hand, and thus allowed him to plunge the knife deep into Voltex’s side. He let out a wail of pain, falling completely off of the Enforcer. He clutched at the knife, seething and bleeding. “You...you won’t get away with this. Everyone will know...” Voltex sputtered, blood leaking from the corner if his mouth.

The Enforcer kicked Voltex in the head one, twice, three times. The Matoran was dazed and in agony, and unable to do anything as the Enforcer removed the knife from his side.

“I know. But this is my job, Voltex. I have to kill you.”

The knife plunged down, into Voltex’s heartlight, and it dimmed. The light faded from the Matoran’s eyes, and in the final moments of his life, he spat blood in the Enforcer’s face. “They’ll...kill you,” he sputtered as the light faded from his eyes. “They’ll kill you all.”

The Enforcer looked down at the corpse of Voltex. The corpse of his former friend. He turned around silently, leaving the corpse behind, the knife still lodged in it. He couldn’t bear the sight any longer than he had to.

-----

The sun rose. It didn’t take long for someone to notice that Voltex hadn’t showed up. He was almost always one of the first in the square, and the fact he hadn’t appeared was worrying in and of itself. Blade volunteered to enter his house, and no one stopped her. The door was still left open, and the smell of blood led her to assume he had died. She didn’t need to look. The smell was enough.

She returned to the town square, and told everyone. There was little more to say. Another Matoran had fallen. It was time to vote.

Suspects for the murder of Voltex
Portal
ToaD
Underscore
Blade

Candidates for Representative
ToaD
Windrider
Underscore
Manducus

• Upvote 2

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

OH RIGHT forgot to reveal who the rep investigated

TTL is a matoran, so

ROLE REVEAL: Ehks is a cool gal and probably cute, though that is something I personally am unable to confirm.

oh no my secrets revealed

Portal - 4

• Upvote 2

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Called it!

I vote pulse.

...but...pulse isn't on the list...and is dead...

• Upvote 2

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Called it!

I vote pulse.

and you'll be getting lynched as soon as i can make it happen, as i promised

Stupid autocorrect I vote portal!

you can't blame it on autocorrect this time!

(actually you can)

(actually i change my mind you CAN'T)

I'm on mobile.

I wish BZP made an app.

Fun fact every time I try and type Tex it changes it to Taco.

Edited by ToaTimeLord II

OH RIGHT forgot to reveal who the rep investigated

TTL is a matoran, so

Portal - 2

Heck it, Portal's already dead, so why even fight it at this point? I vote him too.

Found the Prince.
That sounds like something the Prince would say to throw suspicion off himself...
I'm confirmed innocent.

So... If you pop up on the next suspect list I'm coming for you.

*stumbles around, eyes bleeding*

guys i CAN't BELIEVE you'd think it's me I MEAN seriously though it's definitely Blade

The killer had a knife. blade. See? Also tex's friend. Definitely isn't me. Voting blade

*puts blood-covered hand out, steadies self against the wall*

• Upvote 2