Bionicle Mafia XXXVI: A Princely Affair

Ehksidian

It's Underscore. Look at the rep list.

in what way does the rep list have anything to do with this

i vote dragonstar

The Prince wins if the whole village dies or if they are voted as Rep.

Since Underscore appeared on both the rep and suspect list makes him the most likely person to be the Prince.

Ok but there's like... no correlation between the two. All the players on both lists are randomly selected (except for the guilty one ofc)

stop trying to defend yourself so much

if i were on the chopping block i'd be defending myself a bunch too.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

It's Underscore. Look at the rep list.

in what way does the rep list have anything to do with this

i vote dragonstar

The Prince wins if the whole village dies or if they are voted as Rep.

Since Underscore appeared on both the rep and suspect list makes him the most likely person to be the Prince.

Ok but there's like... no correlation between the two. All the players on both lists are randomly selected (except for the guilty one ofc)

stop trying to defend yourself so much

if i were on the chopping block i'd be defending myself a bunch too.

at this point with blade on a warpath defending himself is only going to make him look more guilty

Underscore is stuck in a lose-lose situation

• Upvote 2

Day 8

----

A blanket of oppressive grey clouds spread slowly over the blue sky above Ilias. The wind was slow, and the air was thick with tension. The villagers were so close to freeing themselves from the Prince’s wrath. All they had to do was find who he was, and execute him. Then, they could be free at last.

The wind was slow. It blew softly through the center of the village, whispering by each and every remaining villager. It told them the end was near. It told them that they could finally be free of the tyranny of royalty. The wind whispered softly in everyone’s ears. Everyone shifted uncomfortably, all too aware of what was on the line.

Finally, the silence broke. TTL stepped forwards and exclaimed, “I vote Underscore!”

Windrider, the Representative, blinked. “Why’s that?” she asked curiously.

Timelord shrugged and responded with, “I don’t know. Call it my gut. I feel like that’s what Blade would want. She was always suspicious of Underscore, after all.”

Windrider nodded dutifully. “Okay, who else will vote?” she asked.

Once again, the crowd was silent for a few seconds before Underscore piped up. “I’m...gonna vote Dragonstar. We know Onaku is innocent, so it can’t be him. And I know it isn’t me,” he mumbled, “so I vote Dragonstar.”

Windrider nodded slowly. “If you say so. Any other votes for Underscore?”

A few villagers raised their hands. Smoke, Manducus, and RG. Everyone else stared at the ground in silence. No one wanted to be responsible for killing another possible innocent.

“Okay. Four votes for Underscore. Any other votes for anyone else?”

Silence.

“In that case,” Windrider said, “it seems we have come to an agreement. Underscore, you are guilty of being the Prince.”

Underscore glared at Windrider. “I am not the Prince, you fools. The Prince would never be caught.” He said. His tone had changed quite suddenly – gone was his previously meek attitude. His eyes were hard. His voice was strong. Uderscore stood up straight, his gaze fixated on Windrider. He clenched his fists, almost visibly shaking in anger. His back was rigid as he slowly began to growl, “The Prince wouldn’t let himself die this easily. I refuse to die here. I refuse to let you imbeciles kill me.”

He narrowed his eyes, and began to walk away from the crowd. “You will not slay me. I will not die for you to prove your point. I will not let the royalty of Ilias die with me,” he spat. The crowd simply parted, letting him pass through. No one was brave enough to stop the march towards his home. Underscore threw his door open, and stalked into his home. He grabbed his flowing white robe, and picked up his trusty pistol.

“I refuse to let you be led by an incompetent buffoon who lacks royal blood,” he muttered to himself. He turned around, and began to leave his home...only to find that the village had followed him. Windrider stood in front of the crowd, her arms crossed defiantly across her chest.

“A buffoon, huh? Is that why they chose to continuously re-elect me every day? Because I was a buffoon?” She asked, her voice laced with venom. “Because I can assure you, if there’s one thing I’m not it’s a buffoon.”

Underscore snarled. He lifted the pistol and took aim at Windrider’s head. “You lack the blood of a royal. There is no way a commoner such as you could rule. Just like that pathetic Ruler of yours, and that pathetic Bodyguard ShadowVezon. None of you are fit. Only I, the last shred of royalty in this Mata-Nui forsaken island, have the right to rule!” He yelled. His gun was firmly pointed at Windrider’s head, despite how much he was shaking in anger.

Windrider raised an eyebrow and asked, “Didn’t the King select you as his heir shortly before he went mad? And didn’t you murder many civilians?”

Underscore’s eyes widened. It almost seemed like there was fire behind his eyes. “That was the past. I was a fool.”

“You didn’t learn,” Windrider said, “since you repeated history.”

“Silence, commoner! You are speaking to royalt-“

“You are speaking to the officially elected representative of the nation of Ilias. And, last I checked, the King had named a new heir. His name was ShadowVezon, and you killed him. Technically, royalty died with him,” Windrider interrupted. She was utterly calm, even as she stared down the barrel of the true Prince’s gun. “Give up. You hold no power. If you kill me, you won’t achieve anything. The village won’t fall into chaos. They’ll elect a new leader. They will continue to survive.”

Underscore seethed in anger. His plans of ruling the village, the village he was given by the King, the village meant for him, were evaporating. The villagers had gained some perverse sense that they knew more right than royalty. His breath was hot as he gently squeezed the trigger of his pistol, and fired off a shot.

Windrider stumbled backwards, and fell onto the ground. A smile slowly crept across Underscore’s face, and he began to laugh maniacally. “I...do not care. I will kill each and every one of you for rejecting my rule. Mark my words. I will-“

Someone groaned. The Prince looked down to the ground, and his blood ran cold. Windrider was still alive. There wasn’t even any blood on the ground. Underscore stumbled backwards, dropping his pistol. “H-how? How could this b-be?!” he stuttered, eyes fixated on Windrider. She slowly sat up, rubbing her forehead. There didn’t even seem to be a dent in her mask, let alone a bullet hole.
In between Windrider and Underscore stood the short figure, clad in black. “No no no,” the figure said, “no killing the Representative whilst the game is still afoot. You are set to die, Prince. And I will see to it that you will die if needed.”

Underscore’s jaw hung open as he stared down at the figure. “Who are you? What do you mean, game?”

The figure was silent.

“Answer me, scum! Tell me who you are!” He yelled, pointing the gun to the figure.

The figure looked up towards Underscore. A yellow mask shone dully underneath the hood. “I am simply someone meant to facilitate the events that are meant to occur here. You killed the Bodyguard, so he can’t protect the Representative. Ergo, I must do so.”

Underscore fumed, “What do you mean the events which are mean to occur? I am meant to rule! It is my bloodright! My destiny!”

“No,” the figure said, “Your destiny is death. Once you die, the village may resume its natural course. I will no longer have to intervene. Your perversions of this area have caused enough trouble as it is.” The figure raised the oaken staff, and pointed it towards the Prince.

“Now, die.”

A blast of unseen energy poured out from the staff, ripping a hole clean through Underscore. He didn’t even have a second to speak out against it. He couldn’t even look down at the gaping hole where his torso used to be. His arms and head simply collapsed onto the ground, the last shreds of his body unable to hold them up against the force of gravity. His torso was nowhere to be found. The figure turned around, and bowed to Windrider. She had finally managed to stand back up. “I apologize for intruding,” the figure said, “But it was needed. I swore I would not interfere unless needed, and this was needed. Much like when Portal attempted to assassinate you.”

Windrider blinked in surprise. “Wait,” she said, “That was you? You saved me that night?”

The figure nodded.

“Why?”

The figure looked up towards Windrider and replied, “It is my duty. I am an observer, who has watched over Ilias for some time now. I helped back when the King was proving...troublesome. I interfered too much then as your protector, and thus I vowed to not intervene this time.”

Windrider repeated herself again. “Why?”

“Because it’s what I do. I’m here to watch you develop, and make sure any...events proceed according to the rules. You need not concern yourself with that. These rules keep people from slaughtering all of you overnight.”

Windride stepped forwards, ready to ask more questions. What rules? Why were they here? Why had they not saved the Matoran who died? Before she could speak a single word, though, the figure had vanished instantaneously. Windrider stood there, flabbergasted.
“...I guess that’s that, then,” she sighed. She turned towards the gathered village, and spoke, “Well, the Prince has died. Now what? Do you still want me to lead you?”

Everyone within the crowd nodded, aside from one Matoran. ToaD simply glowered at Windrider. “Why do we even need a ruler? I’m sure we could do fine enough on our own,” he asked.

Windrider shrugged. “It’s what everyone wants,” she replied, “even if you disagree, mister anarchist.”

Toad took a step back in surprise. “How did you figure out?”

“Dude,” she said, her gaze flat, “You literally had a giant board in the middle of your living room with people’s votes on them, and plans on abolishing the government if you were elected representative. I literally just looked in your window and saw that.”
Toad opened his mouth, then closed it. “Oh,” was all he could manage.

Everyone chuckled a bit as Toad glowered at the ground, defeated by his own lack of planning. Windrider sighed, and looked at the gathered Matoran. “Should I give a speech, then, as your new official Ruler?”

“A pep talk would be nice,” Manducus offered. “I mean...we lost a lot of people.”

Windrider nodded. “Understood. Meet me in the town center tomorrow at midday.

-----

The sky was a clear, bright blue. Not one cloud drifted over the village of Ilias. The wind was still, no longer whispering in the villager’s ears. They all stood eagerly in front of the stage, awaiting Windrider. The gallows had been put away at last, the gruesome reminder of what had passed stored away, hopefully to never surface again. The podium had been replaced, and was no longer stained with blood.

Windrider stepped onto the stage, a purple sash across her chest. The sash of the Ruler. She stood behind the podium, and cleared her throat.

“Gathered citizen of Ilias,” she began, “It is my pleasure to say we survived. We survived the Prince’s attempt to destroy us from the inside out. We united as one to take him down, and to take out his Enforcers as well! Finally, we are fully free from the royalty that has plagued our village for so long.

“And yet, we have a difficult road ahead of us. Many of us died, either by the hands of the Enforcers, or our own misguided votes. Yet, we did our best to stop them from slaughtering us all. And we succeeded. Some of us, such as my dearest Blade, may not have survived to see this day, but the rest of us did. And it is our duty to persevere in their memory. It would be a great injustice to simply let their memories and lives fade away.”

Windrider gazed into the crowd. Her eyes had misted up, though her voice remained strong. Everyone watched her eagerly, waiting for her to continue. She sucked in a deep breath, and began once again.

“We, the people of Ilias, have survived so much. And I am honored to lead you into our new future. We will face destiny head on, and we will continue to thrive. Even if we face hardships, even if some come to destroy us, I am sure we will continue to survive. It is what we do best. Even in our darkest hours, we have pulled through. It will be my honor to serve as your ruler.

“May Mata-Nui guide us. May we embrace unity. May we embrace our collective duty. May we face destiny. Thank you.”

The crowd erupted into cheers as Windrider bowed her head. The crowd was small, yet they sounded like a rambunctious city. Their cries of happiness carried upwards, into the sky.

The future looked bright for the village of Ilias.

-----

And that's Bionicle Mafia XXXVI. Thanks for playing, everyone. I feel this game ran a lot smoother than XX did, and I'm happy with how it turned out. I had fun hosting it, and I hope you did as well. If you're wondering what ToaD's role was...I'll reveal that tomorrow.

Thank you, and have a good night.

Edited by Monado Girl
  • Upvote 10

1Ydp0mg.jpg

oh hey, it's tomorrow.

Toad's role was The Anarchist, otherwise known as The Forger.

You're tired of rules. Tired of all of these princes and governments and what-have you. It's all terrible.

You're here to change that.

Each day round, you may choose one person to nullify the votes of. Their votes will, instead, go towards whoever you vote for. This goes for both their Representative and lynching votes. Your end goal is to get elected as Representative. You win then. Everyone else loses.

Good luck.

That's what he was capable of, and he swung quite a few rounds significantly. The role is technically neutral, and "won" with the village - but didn't achieve full win conditions.

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Good game, Ehks. If we were to do this again, I would recommend automatically excluding the current Rep from the voting for the next one-- but also probably remove roles that auto-win if they become Rep.

Other than that, refreshing idea, good job.

- :burnmad:

Edited by Fire Ruler Burnmad Aodh

Good game, Ehks. If we were to do this again, I would recommend automatically excluding the current Rep from the voting for the next one-- but also probably remove roles that auto-win if they become Rep.

Or maybe excluding the Rep's girlfriend from voting me in every freaking night. But no, let's keep that. I had nothing to do with it~ <3

• Upvote 5

i initially considered this, but then decided "nah i'll just let the person show up each time"

and then the RNG landed on Wind for the first rep and the rest was history.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Ohey I actually lived through this =D

This game was fun, thanks for hosting it Ehks!

• Upvote 1

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Alright, the topic should be closed soon. I've fully updated the first post, to include everyone's roles.

Thanks for playing, everyone. I feel I did a far better job this time than with XX. Maybe there will be more games in Ilias someday...or maybe they'll get peace. Who knows.

"See" you guys in XXXVII.

Edited by Monado Girl
  • Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg