EPISODE 03: VAKAMA CITY

EPISODE 04: THE SKULL BASHER

EPISODE 05: REUNITING

EPISODE 06: THE LAST REQUEST OF VOX

EPISODE 07: MAKUTA CITY

EPISODE 08: FRIENDS AND FOES

EPISODE 09: HOW IT BEGAN

EPISODE 10: UNITED WE FALL

The Long Night has stretched across Okoto for six years, and there appears to be no end in sight. The regions and their houses have collapsed into ruin, and those few Protectors who have been unlucky enough to survive for this long have retreated into the farthest corners of the land, in the hopes that they will not be found.

The Mask Makers Ekimu and Makuta have vanished.

The Skull Army, led by the mysterious and sinister Kulta, the Skull Grinder, roams the island.

All hope seems lost – but rumors have begun to spread, of Ekimu’s survival. Whispers of Protectors gathering under his banner in the Water Region, unearthing the long lost Golden Mask of Skull Spiders and awakening its Lord to fight against the forces of the Long Night.

They speak of a plan – a plan to end the Long Night.

But this plan requires the Kanohi Mask of Makuta – the Mask of Control – which has not been sighted since the Long Night began.

This is where you come in.

A mysterious Protector with an all white mask, dressed in black and white armor and calling himself Voltex, has recently arrived in the Jungle Region with orders from Makani Kumo, who commands the Jungle Protectors in the Water Region. He is to lead an expedition of Protectors across the island to the northern tip of the Stone Region, recover Makuta’s Mask of Control, and hand it off to Ekimu.

You have decided to help – after all, when the alternative is becoming another member of the Skull Grinder’s undead army, anything is preferable.

Time is quickly running out, and even a group as small as yours has attracted the Skull Grinder’s attention. Reach the Stone Region, retrieve the Mask of Control, and deliver it to the Water Region – or die trying.

Good luck.

IN BRIEF

You are all Protectors of Jungle who have joined up with me (Voltex) on a suicide mission to travel all the way to the northern tip of the Stone Region, where rumor has it that Makuta’s Mask of Control still remains. With the Skull Army hunting you down, time is rapidly running out, and you will need to succeed in your mission if you are to survive.

Upon each new round, you will be given two options on how you wish to proceed – one option is guaranteed to kill you, while the other will guarantee your continued survival until the next round. The game will end after ten rounds; survive all ten rounds, and you shall emerge as victorious as the Long Night allows.

Should you die by making the wrong decision at the forks in the path, that is it – your journey is over, unless the team’s Oracle (a Protector with the blood of the Mask Makers, and armed with a Mask of Foresight) manages to save you.

If the correct choices are made, players who take the wrong path in Round 1 can be revived at the end of Round 5 – one for each surviving player.

This is both an individual and a team game. Though victory is only possible so long as at least one player makes it all the way to the end of Round 10, you must look out for your own best interests as well, and stick to the paths that you believe will lead you to victory.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

RULES

1-I dunno. Follow BZP rules? There isn’t really a way to cheat at this game, to be completely honest.

SPECIAL ROLES

Voltex – A portrayal of myself in-game. Voltex will always take the correct path, but his choice will obviously not be mentioned until the scene for each round (otherwise you would all win). Truth be told, his inclusion here has more to do with a possible sequel if this works well and I’m interested in running another.

The Oracle – A Jungle Protector with the blood of the Mask Makers, allowing them to use Masks of Power. They wear a Mask of Foresight, which can they can use to target one player each round (including themselves, but never twice in a row). If the targeted player takes the wrong path that round, the Oracle will save them, allowing the target to continue on.

Everyone Else – The rest of you.

PLAYER LIST

Only ten slots right now, but if more people show up, there’s not really any sort of player limit. If we hit upwards of 20 people, I’ll add in a second Oracle to help balance things in your favor a bit.

0-Voltex

1-Ehksidian (Cut down by the Skull Basher, Episode 03)

2-Luroka (Stabbed by a Skull Scorpio, Episode 08)

3-ToaD (Struck down on the Eastern Wall, Episode 03)

4-Roman (One Last Fight, Episode 10)

5-Vox (Lost in the Ancient City, Episode 05)

6-Wiriamu (Betrayed by the Protectors of Fire, Episode 04)

7-TL VICTORIOUS!

8-Unit (Swarmed by the Undead, Episode 07)

9-Hellyam (One Last Fight, Episode 10)

10-FF VICTORIOUS!

11-Dragonstar (Fell to the Undead Horde, Episode 02)

12-Underscore (Slain by the Undead Unit, Episode 07)

13-Smoke Monster (Torn apart by the Undead Horde, Episode 04)

14-Trijhak (One Last Fight, Episode 10)

15-Taka Nuvia VICTORIOUS!

16-Oko (Fell off the Wall to his death, Episode 03)

17-Jed (Sacrificed to Skull Scorpios, Episode 10)

18-ShadowVezon (Sacrificed by Lord Vohon, Episode 04)

19-Ghrinch (Torn apart by the Skull Basher, Episode 03)

Signups will remain open for 24 hours, or until we hit 20 players, which ever comes first (because I am not dealing with 20+ people for this, no way).

I also recommend you follow this topic if you’re playing, since the rounds will be moving rather quickly.

Edited by Breath of the Wild
  • Upvote 4

BZPGOT spinoff? Heck yes.

Set during the Long Night? Heck yes.

Playing as the Jungle Region? Uh, I guess nothing's perfect. 

Sign me up. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Spot -16 please, I'll read up these rules after I get off of work so I know what I just joined.

You're in! There aren't really any rules and the game is pretty simple; you'll just choose between Option A and Option B each round.

BZPGOT spinoff? Heck yes.

Set during the Long Night? Heck yes.

Playing as the Jungle Region? Uh, I guess nothing's perfect. 

Sign me up. 

Even the bad guys get to be good guys once in awhile

The Jungle Region always loses though, and let me tell you, that's probably not going to be changing here =P

• Upvote 1

Well this seems intriguing to say the least. Sign me up

Edited by Vox

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Slot 6, por favor?

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Question: is there some special significance behind the title? It just seems like an odd name. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Question: is there some special significance behind the title? It just seems like an odd name. 

In 2014 I used the old BZP Mafia Training & Experiments series to host Mafia 0.6: A Clockwork Void, which was essentially me using the Mafia framework to test out a CYOA-game idea.

In 2015 I hosted A Clockwork Spiral and A Clockwork's End, turning the CYOA aspect more into its own thing (even if the latter never finished).

I was thinking it'd be fun to bring the series back for a quick run and using it to expand the lore of BZPGOT gave me an interesting story path to follow; placing it in the middle of the Long Night explains the "night" in the title.

As far as the origins of the series title goes, I'm not entirely certain. I've never read A Clockwork Orange but it's a neat (if somewhat absurd) title at first glance, which is probably why I decided to use it? The whole "survive for a certain amount of time" can kinda be related obscurely to the word 'clockwork' too. The various subtitles all deal with the story paths of the games; Void had the players trying to rescue me from the void beyond death, Spiral had the players traipsing in a circle around Metru-Nui, End took place as the universe died, and now Night takes place during the Long Night.

That was probably way too much info, but there you go. =P

*steals spot 10*

added!

I just remembered that I suggested a while ago an idea of a Shamon future seer character for BZPGOT.

Glade to see something come from it.

:P

I needed a Medic role because you're all inevitably going to choose the wrong side and there needs to be something balancing it out.

Enter, Oracle. =P

Sign me up if there's a spot left.

I'm curious about this. Any spot please, if signup's still open :)

I ... guess ... I'll tag along? If there's still an open spot, that is...

If you can, please sign me up!

Yeah, all right, sign me up.

all added!

2 spots left - signups close tonight!

A CLOCKWORK NIGHT

EPISODE 01: Night Falls

A figure clad in black and white armor gingerly stepped into the clearing, eyes darting back and forth as they searched for – but did not find – any threats. In the light of the moon their white armor and mask gleamed, though the black was swallowed by the shadows of the jungle, giving the figure a somewhat distorted appearance.

“Voltex?” a voice hissed from behind him. “Voltex! What are you doing?!”

“Hush, young Oko,” the figure (Voltex) murmured, their eyes turning to the sky. “Bring the others, it is safe to gather here.”

The ‘for now’ was implicit.

He waited in the middle of the clearing, leaning on his staff and listening to the sounds of the jungle around him as the rest of his crew joined him, one by one.

Ehksidian, ToaD, FF, Luroka, Roman, Jed, ShadowVezon, Taka Nuvia, Smoke Monster, Jed, Wiriamu, TL, Vox, Hellyam, Unit, Dragonstar, Ghrinch, Trijhak, Underscore, and of course, Oko.

Voltex stepped forward, his staff digging into the dirt. “We do not have much time to gather here, I am afraid. The Skull Grinder is on our tail. But you have all shown great courage in joining me thus far, and you deserve to know what our mission is. You need to know.”

“Not like we had much of a choice,” someone – Luroka, most likely – muttered under their breath. “It was join you or join them.”

Ignoring him, Voltex continued: “Ekimu survives, in the Water Region. He has a plan to combat the forces of the Long Night – to defeat them once and for all. But if he is to succeed, he requires the Mask of Control.”

“That hasn’t been seen in years, hasn’t it?” Taka Nuvia asked. “Didn’t Makuta have it?”

“He did,” Voltex answered, his tone grave. “That is why we must travel to whatever might remain of his city in the Stone Region to retrieve it, and take it to the Water Region.”

“How can we know for sure that it’s there?” Dragonstar asked.

“We can’t, of course, though if the Skull Army had it, I guarantee we would know,” Voltex replied, shrugging. “It was not my wish to take a group filled with Protectors of Jungle on this mission, as none of your kind survived the first attack – but Makani Kumo insisted I find as many of those he left behind as I could, so here we are.”

“You’re asking us to travel all the way to the Stone Region in a group this size?” Trijhak asked, his disbelief written all over his face. “To its northern tip? Are you crazy?! We’ll never make it!”

“We don’t have much of a choice, like Luroka said,” Roman pointed out. “If we don’t help Voltex find this mask, we’re just supplying the Skull Army with more bodies.”

“If Makani Kumo is truly in command over in the Water Region, then we should just travel there,” said Wiriamu. “There’s no reason to risk our lives unnecessarily.”

Ehksidian chuckled, shaking her head. “Don’t kid yourselves – Makani Kumo was ruthless even before he took over. He abandoned us once; he’d do it again.”

Before anyone else could reply, Voltex tensed, his grip tightening on his staff. “We must move. The Skull Grinder approaches. Unit, FF, please – remember your Masks of Foresight.”

He stepped to the edge of the clearing, the limp in his right leg pronounced as the expedition leader tried to hurry. Despite their complaints mere moments before, the rest of the group quickly followed.

“We split up once more in the jungle,” Voltex ordered. “The safest place to meet would be at the Eastern Wall, at its southern tip. We’re close enough to the shoreline – you could follow that if you wish, or simply continue through the jungle itself. The Wall will be easily seen.”

And with that, their journey began.

OPTION A: Travel along the shoreline to the Eastern Wall; while your line of sight and your path will be clear, it could leave you open to an attack from the Skull Army.

OPTION B: Travel through the jungle to the Eastern Wall; while you will remain easily hidden under cover, the jungle could be treacherous even before the Long Night, and it is now prowled by Skull Warriors.

MAKE YOUR CHOICES! You have 24 hours.

Unit and FF can select one player each to protect as well.

Edited by Stark