MythBusters: the Search

Chronicler06

Just a few days ago, a new show began on the Science Channel called "MythBusters: the Search".

As you may know by now, the original MythBusters show officially ended just a little less than a year ago. This new show that just began features ten people competing for a chance to become the "next generation of MythBusters". So it looks to me like MythBusters has remained so popular that they are now looking for some new people to co-host a new running of the show.

The first episode was on last Saturday, and while I won't spoil the exact content, I will mention a general idea of what you can expect for the entire series. Basically, the contestants will test two myths, one done in teams and one done as individuals, then at the end of the episode, one of the contestants will be eliminated from the competition. There will be a total of 8 episodes, so that means there will ultimately be two winners at the end, presumably to become the new hosts of MythBusters.

New episodes will be on every Saturday, so if you're interested in seeing where MythBusters will go next, be sure to watch it. I know I certainly will.

Edited by Chronicler06
  • Upvote 2

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Finding hosts that can capture the same weird magic as Adam and Jamie is going to be difficult; they tried that with the members formerly known as the Build Team and while it was still MythBusters, the same chemistry wasn't there.

What really concerns me is that, after so many episodes in the original run, there may be scant few myths that remain untested.  I suppose the executives feel as if there's enough material, but I'm not so sure.

• Upvote 2

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

• 1 month later...

Last night was the final episode of The Search, so now, after seeing some awesome myths tested and seeing what the contestants are capable of, we now know who will be the new hosts of Mythbusters.

The new hosts will be Brian Louden and Jon Lung.

Since the announcement was done live last night, it may be quite awhile before we see what the rebooted Mythbusters will be like, but I'll definitely be looking forward to it.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.