All We Want is Peace

Master Inika

“For too long, the Core War has raged on Spherus Magna. The six power-hungry Element Lords have ravaged the once-peaceful planet with their armies and fighting, while only one voice has cried out for an end to the destruction… or so it seems.”

The Agori with green and orange armor stood in place, continuously repeating that introduction to the situation, oblivious to the confused stares from the other Agori and warriors who walked by him. Finally, a passing Sand Agori stopped to confront the odd fellow.

“Um, what are you doing?” the Sand Agori asked.

“I’m narrating, of course!” the other Agori replied. “I am from the Narration Tribe, after all.”

“Narrating? To who?” the Sand Agori asked next.

“To them!” the Narration Agori declared, gesturing toward you.

“Them?” the Sand Agori asked, looking at you as well. “That ugly person behind the computer screen?”

“Yep!” the Narration Agori confirmed. “How am I doing? Is your curiosity to find out what happens next aroused?”

“Of course it is!” the Sand Agori said. “Who wouldn’t be excited for the Terra Magna Peace Conference? This whole war, while the six Element Lords fight and destroy, the Element Lord of Earth is generously offering to moderate a peace conference in her very own realm, the Great Land, to reach a peaceful settlement!”

“Hey, save some of that exposition for me, will you?” the Narration Agori demanded.

“Fine, fine…” the Sand Agori said, before turning to continue his walk. As he left, he shouted, “But the outwardly altruistic and peace-loving Element Lord of Earth may not be all she seems!”

“I was about to say that!” the Narration Agori shouted back. “The Element Lord of Narration is not going to be happy with me…” He turned his attention back to you and said, “That guy sure was rude. I hope he end up regressed into a savage state or something like that. Anyway… Ah, you know the setup.”

Inside the conference hall, Earth Agori worked to prepare the grand hall for the arrival of the six mighty Element Lords. Outside, the Element Lord of Earth answered questions from the assembled Agori and warriors.

“Lord of Earth, who do you think should be in charge of the Energized Protodermis?” an inquiring Agori mind asked.

“Once we are certain it is safe, the Energized Protodermis should be shared equally by all tribes on this planet,” she responded in a calm, serene voice. Then, a little quieter, she added in her natural, raspy voice, “Which will only be my own tribe, once my treacherous plan to destroy my brothers and sister succeed and the other tribes are all wiped from the face of Spherus Magna!”

“Um, Your Lordship, we can still hear you,” the inquiring mind informed her.

“Oh, you can?” the Lord of Earth said, once again in her calm voice. “Um, well… That’s probably the type of thing one of the other Element Lords would say, since they’re so foolishly and irresponsibly continuing this war… which I’m trying to stop. Did I mention I’m not trying to keep the war going?”

The Lord of Earth retired to her private chamber. Like many of the other Lords, her form was more liquid than solid. Her form, composed of soil with vines and small leaves decorating her outside, was reminiscent of a slender, beautiful woman.

Inside her chamber, much to her surprise, she found the Lord of Ice awaiting her.

“My sister,” Ice said, “do you really think this peace conference will do anything?”

“Oh, you’re early…” Earth said. “Of course I do! We’re all one planet, after all. We will find a way to come together, as we always have.”

“I guess I could live with sharing control of the spring… I hope it’s not too late to mention this, but I brought a gift for the other guests,” Ice said. “It’s a set of frozen treats, traditional desserts from the Northern Frost. They’re made from native berries and exchanged by children as a sign of friendship. Is it too late for them to be placed at the tables?”

“Oh, not at all!” Earth replied. She summoned an Earth Agori to take the treats and place them at the table. She also discreetly told the Earth Agori to add a “special ingredient” to one, just one, of the treats.

Ice went to the table as the Lord of Jungle arrived. Earth took him to the side, and welcomed him privately.

“I’m so glad you came! Our icy brother was just going on and on about how there was absolutely no way he was giving up even a single drop of Energized Protodermis!” Earth claimed.

“By the Great Beings, he’s crazier than I thought!” Jungle declared. “So, I take it the snacks are from him?” When the Lord of Earth nodded, Jungle said, “I’ll eat after the others have all eaten.”

Not soon after, the other Lords appeared, and Earth was sure to greet them individually. The Lord of Ice spoke first at the table:

“Brothers and sister, before we begin, please enjoy a traditional sweet enjoyed by the people of my realm. May the taste of this icy morsel allow cool heads to prevail.”

“May it!” the other agreed as they all, except Jungle, took a bite. The Lord of Ice couldn’t help but take notice.

“My friend, what’s wrong?” he asked the foliage-covered Element Lord. “Don’t like Northern Frost food?”

“No, it’s not that… I just don’t feel like being poisoned today.”

At the mention of poison, the other five Lords nearly gagged on their snacks. Some spit them out into their napkins, others swallowed, but all looked horrified.

“What are you taking about?” the Lord of Ice demanded. “I gave you that snack in goodwill, and you’re accusing me of attempted murder?”

“Why don’t we ask Water!” the Lord of Rock suggested in horror, pointing to the passed-out Element Lord of Water sitting across from him.

“I’ve had enough of this!” Fire cried. “I’m heading back home, and you can all expect an increase in troop movements and war production!”

“That goes double for me!” Jungle cried.

“If it’s more war you ruffians want, that’s what you’ll get!” Ice added.

“Lovely…” Earth declared. “These simple-minded idiots are falling for my deceptive plan to take the Energized Protodermis for myself exactly as I anticipated!”

“What the… Am I the only one who heard that?” Rock asked. “Earth just said she was behind all of this!”

“Oh, that’s pretty low!” Sand admonished. “Earth’s the only one trying to be peaceful here! I’m attacking you next just for that!”

One by one, the Element Lords marched off, rendering the “peace conference” a huge failure less than five minutes in.

“But, as a ‘continue the war conference,’ as it was truly meant to be, it was a rousing success!” the Narration Agori said to you. “And, despite the Element Lord of Earth crying, ‘All we want is peace!’ while outwardly trying to keep everyone from leaving, she couldn’t be happier. In the end, she would get just that… a piece of Spherus Magna floating over here, another piece floating over there… but we’re getting ahead of ourselves. That’s a story for another day…”

“The Energized Protodermis splits the planet apart!” the same Sand Agori from before declared as he walked by, following the Lord of Sand back home.

“Geez, ever heard of a spoiler alert?” the Narration Agori cried. “I was setting it up so well, but then you just decided to come on over and ruin it for everyone! Here, let’s see how you like it… Um… Takua is the Seventh Toa! Metus is the traitor!”

“Already saw those movies!”

“Vitruvius dies!”

At that, the Sand Tribe member threw up his arms. “Seriously? I haven’t seen that one yet!”

As the Core War raged on the planet grew closer to splitting apart, the Agori of the Narration Tribe, at least, was able to savor his rapidly-decreasing amount of time on the planet with a victory dance in honor of spoiling something for the obnoxious Zesk. The Narration Tribe sure was smart, but they could also be obnoxious in their own right, which is why no one missed them when all of them died in the Shattering.

Edited by Master Inika
  • Upvote 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

This was hilarious.

My favorite part is this.

“What the… Am I the only one who heard that?” Rock asked. “Earth just said she was behind all of this!”

“Oh, that’s pretty low!” Sand admonished. “Earth’s the only one trying to be peaceful here! I’m attacking you next just for that!”

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

This was hilarious.

That was a pretty great line, especially since the Rock Lord seems more the type to pull this kind of treachery. Kudos on the inclusion of a female Element Lord-I like the idea, Especially since Greg made all the canon ones female.

Also, can we all agree that Vitruvius IS the Element Lord of Narration?

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

This was hilarious.

That was a pretty great line, especially since the Rock Lord seems more the type to pull this kind of treachery. Kudos on the inclusion of a female Element Lord-I like the idea, Especially since Greg made all the canon ones female.

Also, can we all agree that Vitruvius IS the Element Lord of Narration?

Thank you both for the comments. :) I'm glad I stayed up much later than I should have writing this.

I believe the current word from Greg is that both the ELs of Sand and Earth are female. That's what BIONICLEsector01 says at the moment, at least.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Hm, last I checked the Earth Lord and tribe had been decanonized. Greg seems to have changed his mind.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Hm, last I checked the Earth Lord and tribe had been decanonized. Greg seems to have changed his mind.

Oh, yeah, he recently revealed the story of the Earth Tribe, which I based this story on. I actually didn't think of that much of it; the Earth Tribe secretly supporting the war was direct from Greg. I just thought it would be funny seeing them be super obvious about it and everyone else just be an idiot. (Confession time, Palpatine in The Yoda Chronicles was a big inspiration for this as well.)

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

An interesting work around-still doesn't quite account for the Jungle Lord's reference to five "brothers", though I suppose we'd just have to chalk that up to retconning or unstable mentality on the part of the Jungle Lord. I actually included the Earth Lord in my Battle for Spherus Magna but made all of the Lords male-think it's too late in the game to go back and edit that?

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs