BZP'S GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 2

Voltex

Burnman had a meeting I brought tea.

Nato sends a letter.

Stone region has a party for no more poison water.

Earth region people waits out side Ancient City's doors.

Water region investigates the Mask Maker City.

Lord of Skull Spiders only letting knights into the MM city.

Island wide earthquake!

Voltex bad mouths modern Mask Makers and steals the Mask of Time and creation.

Nato also made a mask.

I go the the AC I bring more tea.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Oh woops I didn't even pay attention to the numbers in the first post, I just saw 2 links and assumed there had been 2 episodes. No need to summarize the first episode, I just finished that one.

sorry bout that

ninja'd by ttl

Edited by Underscore
  • Upvote 1

2xu8Ptu.png

Better summary than I could have done.

It wasn't "no more poison water" though, we've ended our dependence on the Fire Region for clean water and began purifying it ourselves. A relatively small change, but first steps often are.

Edited by ShadowVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Have a teaser for

episode_2_teaser.jpg

--

“You found me then, General Quin,” he said. “Surely you must have heard that I cancelled our meeting?”

He glanced over his shoulder as General Quin Galum stepped out of the shadows. The General walked up until they were standing side by side.

“Why was it that you cancelled our meeting, Vinheim?”

Vinheim shrugged. “To be quite blunt, General, anything I would have asked you during our meeting would have had little impact on my investigation into Lord Zatth’s death. I sent the missive before unearthing crucial evidence that pointed me towards the culprit without a shadow of a doubt… and once I had, meeting you became irrelevant.”

He did not miss the dark look that flickered across the General’s face before Quin asked, “what… evidence, might that be?”

Vinheim turned towards him, smirking. “You’ll find out as soon as everyone else, when I make my speech.”

“I think that it would be beneficial for both us if you tell me now,” said Quin, his eyes narrowing.

“Oh really now, General?” Vinheim asked, stepping forward so that he loomed over the shorter Protector. “Surely you aren't worried about what the public may come to know? Is there something on your conscious that you wish to share with me?”

Quin scowled at him, but said nothing.

When Vinheim spoke next, his voice was barely a whisper. “I would suggest that you not get in my way. Unless, of course, you want the wrath of Okoto to sweep across the Stone Region. Do I make myself clear?”

“Watch yourself, Diplomat,” Quin warned. “Do not think you can threaten the General of Okoto’s greatest army. You are stepping into uncharted waters… and some in this region may not appreciate what you have to say.”

Vinheim stepped back and scoffed. “I could suggest the same to you, General. You may believe the waters uncharted, but I am a member of House Maran. There are no waters left that my house has not already sailed. This meeting is finished, I think, unless you wish to waste more of my time?”

“No,” Quin said, shaking his head and turning away. “I’m done here.”

--

*goes back to writing as fast as he can*

• Upvote 8

Vox is a good diplomat.

You have no idea how true those words will be by the time Tex posts the scene. I was busy this round... Not as busy as round 1, but more productive this round with my actions.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Vox is a good diplomat.

You have no idea how true those words will be by the time Tex posts the scene. I was busy this round... Not as busy as round 1, but more productive this round with my actions.

Episode 1 was the foundation for Episode 2...

...which is the foundation for Episode 3.

(I'm really, really excited for Episode 3)

Edited by Breath of the Wild

“Do not think you can threaten the General of Okoto’s greatest army."

Keep saying rubbish like this, and you won't have an army anymore.  :sly:

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Looks like I'll be able to finish Episode 2 in time for it to release tonight!

Have another small teaser in the meantime because that's just how I roll:

--

Getting into the Earth Region would be quite simple, Irteza knew. He had already managed to spread his birds into the region – though with most of their political power players elsewhere, no reports had been made yet.

At the city gates he was surprised to find none other than Lord Toru awaiting entrance, alongside a single Skull Warrior and twenty guards. The Ruler of Earth looked extremely unhappy, and Irteza had to resist the urge to flinch at the glare that was shot at him.

“Er, greetings, my lord,” he said, hoping his nervousness didn’t show. “How may I help you?”

“Perhaps by giving me some sort of response,” Lord Toru snapped. “I arrived here hours ago and asked to be allowed entrance into the city. I have been sent here to invite his grace back to my home to meet with Commander Kulta, as their presence often frightens those who are not prepared.”

“Hours?” Irteza asked, puzzled. “But… shouldn’t Kelotu have let you in? Or Pulse?”

“I don’t know who should have or could have, all I know is that they haven’t,” the Earth Protector snarled. “I would not even care this much if they had just said ‘no’, it is the fact that they have ignored me that has me so upset! As if I am not worth sparing at least ten seconds to give a simple answer! As if the Earth Region holds no importance to them! A ‘no’ I could understand, but ignoring me? The sheer disrespect is disgusting.”

Irteza found himself too shocked to say anything at all.

• Upvote 6

Go whine to someone who cares, skull-slave. 

• Upvote 3

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

EPISODE TWO

“The Roads Most Traveled”

-ANCIENT CITY-

-ONAKU GREAVESY-

IC: Onaku (All), “Taka” (All), Tevant (Water), Jed (Before KO)

“…so you two know each other?” Jed asked, breaking Onaku out of his startled thoughts.

“I… I met him, long ago. I was a child, he saved my life,” he explained, stepping towards the figure, struggling to make sense of their sudden appearance. “But… what are you doing here now?

“To prevent cataclysm, if it’s even still possible,” ‘Taka’ said quietly, “and making sure nothing worthwhile is left behind if it isn’t.”

He glanced between both Onaku and Jed expectantly, though Onaku had a feeling that Jed was just as confused as he was – if not even more so, having never met ‘Taka’ before.

“You both have a decision to make,” the black and white figure said. “Either I leave you here and continue on my way… or you join me.”

“Pause for just a second,” Jed said. “What do you mean by cataclysm, exactly?”

‘Taka’ levelled the Kingslayer with such an unimpressed look that Jed actually flinched, and Onaku had to resist the urge to cringe.

“If you don't already know, Kingslayer, then I am not wasting my time telling you.”

"You speak of what skull creatures intend for the island, don't you?” Onaku asked. “The return of the Long Night?”

‘Taka’ shook his head, his frustration turning to a tired, sad look as he leaned heavily on his staff. “The Long Night has already returned – Okoto is simply unaware of it. No more talk. Choose now. Join me, or stay?”

“I..." Onaku trailed off, hesitating and glancing at Jed before turning his gaze back to the figure he knew as ‘Taka’. “I'm coming with you. If you have a concrete plan to destroy the skull creatures, then I want to help.”

"...I'm sorry, but I'll have to stay...” Jed said, after a long moment of silence. He turned towards Onaku. “I hope your travels are fruitful.”

With blinding speed, the figure swung their staff like a club into the side of Jed’s head. The Kingslayer was knocked out instantly, and he sprawled across the floor of the vault. Onaku flinched at the impact, prompting ‘Taka’ to glance over at him as they replaced their pure white mask with the Mask of Time.

“He'll be fine, before you wonder. Now, take my hand. We have a trip to make.”

Onaku nodded and took their hand, and time froze around them.

“Don’t let go.”

--

With the island of Okoto frozen in between seconds around them, they travelled to the Water Region, arriving at the gates of a city that Onaku did not recognize. One that he strongly suspected was the city that had, until recently, been beneath the waves.

‘Taka’ deactivated the Mask of Time and immediately collapsed to the ground. Onaku took a quick moment to glance around, taking in the horde of Skull Spiders that surrounded them but did not appear hostile, before kneeling next to him.

He seems fine, he thought. Just exhausted, and no wonder… who is he? The sheer power and strength of will to use the Mask of Time like that… he is no ordinary Protector. But then, I knew that already, did I not? I simply didn’t really believe it….

Carefully standing to his feet, Onaku rubbed at his eyes as his limbs began to ache and a wave of dizziness swept over him.

Once the spell had past, he glanced around, spotting the Lord of Skull Spiders sitting atop the city gates… and walking towards him from the city itself, a Protector in dark blue armor, wearing a strange blue mask covering only the bottom half of their face. He waved a weary hand in greeting.

“Onaku Greavesy,” the newcomer said as they reached him and glanced down at ‘Taka’. “It is good to see you. You may call me… Tevant. How is our friend?”

“Exhausted, I think,” Onaku said, kneeling next to ‘Taka’ again. “Using the Mask of Time like he did… it would kill a normal Protector. Whoever – or whatever – he is, I imagine it was taxing.”

“Where did he meet you?”

“Well, just now we met in the Ancient City vaults, but... I met him once long before that,” Onaku replied, standing up again and glancing at Tevant. “He's exhausted. We should get him... well, somewhere he can rest. Do you have an encampment nearby? Or is there a place within the city for us to settle down?”

"We need none of those things. Just a few seconds,” Tevant said, smiling. He knelt beside ‘Taka’ and placed a hand on the black and white figure’s chest, and both of them glowed for a few seconds before Tevant stood.

Only a second later, ‘Taka’ sat up, looking tired but awake, at the very least.

“…right then,” Onaku muttered. “I suppose we’ll proceed with… whatever it is we need to do, then?”

Tevant shook his head, looking troubled. “We still need one more. Terrorsaur was rather useless; I doubt he’s managed to contact Nato like I asked.”

“Go to the Ancient City, then,” ‘Taka’ said quietly, his voice hoarse. “Drag the Kingslayer here if you need to, or someone else. You know who the candidates are. I’ll show Onaku to the tomb and gather my energy.”

Tevant nodded, and turned away. Onaku waited until the blue figure was out of sight before asking, “a tomb? Whose is it?”

‘Taka’ stared at him for a long moment before turning away. “Follow.”

--

The Skull Spiders parted to let them pass by as they entered the city. The Lord of Skull Spiders watched them, but did not interfere.

‘Taka’ guided him deep into the heart of the city, until finally, they entered a chamber containing only a large coffin made of gold, and ‘Taka’ finally turned back to Onaku, a grim look on the black and white figure’s face.

“Welcome to the tomb of Ekimu.”

-ICE/STONE BORDER-

-VINHEIM MARAN-

IC: Ehksidian (Meeting 1), Vinheim (All), Quin (Meeting 2), Irteza Shah (All)

After hiding away his findings and sending off a message to the only person on the island who would be paranoid enough not to try and hound him about it, Vinheim had travelled to the border between the Stone Region and Ice Region. He was there to meet with their Diplomat, Ehksidian Glacies.

He was the first to arrive, and when Ehksidian finally showed, she was looking harried.

“Ah, good, I’m here,” he heard her mutter, as she dug through a satchel at her side and pulled out some papers before glancing back up at him. “Ehksidian Glacies, Ice Diplomat at your service.”

“Vinheim Maran,” he said, shaking her hand. “Pleasure.”

“I’ve come to begin negotiations for an agreement of sorts between our regions,” she said, holding out the papers. “Specifically a non-aggression pact. It would benefit both of our regions to have some form of legal peace between us, and it would also leave you able to more heavily defend your… other borders.”

Despite himself, he chuckled as he glanced over the papers. “While I can agree that a non-aggression pact would benefit us both, I find it amusing that you presume we have aggressive neighbors to the south. The Earth Region has made no moves that have raised our concerns. Quite frankly, your statement makes me wonder what your region knows that mine does not….”

Satisfied with the papers, he gestured for her to follow him into the nearby trade outpost. Once inside they both sat down, and Vinheim spoke again. “Let’s decide the terms, then. I do not wish for there to be any loopholes.”

--

It took them several hours, but they managed to work out an agreement that both parties were satisfied with – though Vinheim had managed to negotiate it to benefit the Stone Region more than the Ice Region without Ehksidian noticing.

With the only steps left being to have their Rulers sign off on the agreement he stood, shaking the Ice Diplomat’s hand once more. “I am glad we could come to such an agreement. I’m sure it will serve to benefit the prosperity of both our regions.”

“I wholly agree,” said Ehksidian. “I shall take my leave now. The sooner I can find Lord FF, the sooner this agreement can be put into action.”

He stood outside of the trading outpost and watched as she and her guards crossed back over the border, until they were well out of hearing range.

“You found me then, General Quin,” he said. “Surely you must have heard that I cancelled our meeting?”

He glanced over his shoulder as General Quin Galum stepped out of the shadows. The General walked up until they were standing side by side.

“Why was it that you cancelled our meeting, Vinheim?”

Vinheim shrugged. “To be quite blunt, General, anything I would have asked you during our meeting would have had little impact on my investigation into Lord Zatth’s death. I sent the missive before unearthing crucial evidence that pointed me towards the culprit without a shadow of a doubt… and once I had, meeting you became irrelevant.”

He did not miss the dark look that flickered across the General’s face before Quin asked, “what… evidence, might that be?”

Vinheim turned towards him, smirking. “You’ll find out as soon as everyone else, when I make my speech.”

“I think that it would be beneficial for both us if you tell me now,” said Quin, his eyes narrowing.

“Oh really now, General?” Vinheim asked, stepping forward so that he loomed over the shorter Protector. “Surely you aren't worried about what the public may come to know? Is there something on your conscious that you wish to share with me?”

Quin scowled at him, but said nothing.

When Vinheim spoke next, his voice was barely a whisper. “I would suggest that you not get in my way. Unless, of course, you want the wrath of Okoto to sweep across the Stone Region. Do I make myself clear?”

“Watch yourself, Diplomat,” Quin warned. “Do not think you can threaten the General of Okoto’s greatest army. You are stepping into uncharted waters… and some in this region may not appreciate what you have to say.”

Vinheim stepped back and scoffed. “I could suggest the same to you, General. You may believe the waters uncharted, but I am a member of House Maran. There are no waters left that my house has not already sailed. This meeting is finished, I think, unless you wish to waste more of my time?”

“No,” Quin said, shaking his head and turning away. “I’m done here.”

-ANCIENT CITY-

-HIS GRACE, PULSE VATTEN-

IC: Pulse (All), Kelotu (Meeting 1), Irteza Shah (Meeting 2), Lewa (All)

“What news from Earth?” Pulse asked, while walking with Kelotu back up to the Ancient City.

“Most interesting piece of news I have for you is that Lord Toru will soon arrive,” the Earth Guardian replied. “I believe he intends to invite you to the Earth Region for a meeting. On a more personal note, I’m curious about where you personally stand regarding the conflict between the Faith and the Knights. Being that you still have Skull Warrior guards, and all.”

“I stand where I need to,” Pulse said, frowning apologetically and shrugging. “I’m sorry, I know it’s vague. But I’ve been advised that it would be best to appear neutral, as taking too strong of a position would lead to war. I’m also not well informed on the inner workings of either group, so it would be difficult to personally give either of them my loyalty.”

--

They returned briefly to the Council Chambers, where Pulse got his reports from both Irteza Shah and RG II, before the former requested a private meeting.

He left with the Stone Guardian immediately, Lewa right behind them, ignoring Kelotu trying to ask him what to do about Lord Toru arriving at the city gates.

Once they were along, Pulse spoke. “What were these private matters you wished to discuss? I already know that the Stone Region is beginning to purify its own water supply, correct?”

“Yes, but that’s not all. The Stone Region intends to become entirely self-sufficient,” Irteza said quickly. “To do this it sounds like they will entirely withdraw support for the Fire Region.”

“Okay,” Pulse said slowly. “And…?”

“I… wish to go to the Earth Region, so that I can broker a deal with them,” Irteza continued. “That way I can inform you what the Earth Region is doing, as well as Stone. I intend to support you, the true Mask Maker, as well as the Knights of Ekimu – which is why I need sufficient followers in the Earth Region.”

Pulse shrugged. “If you wish to broker a deal with someone in Earth, I would suggest Luroka Qendroj, their new Diplomat, especially with House Qendroj falling on hard times. As to the Stone Region becoming fully self-sufficient… noted.”

“My plan is to ‘become’ a member of the Faithful and take Luroka for questioning,” Irteza said. “If I get killed, you’ll know why and how to handle it. My objective is to secretly take control of the Earth Region away from the Faith; once I place Luroka back, twenty-five of my guards will watch him, deeming him unworthy. If possible, I’d like to have a Mask of Telepathy crafted for the task as well.”

“I very much doubt that Kulta will trust you so quickly,” Pulse said, frowning. “I also don’t think twenty-five Protectors will be enough to secretly control a region, and a Mask of Telepathy would stick out like a sore thumb. Kulta might be insane, but they are not stupid.”

He sighed, before continuing, “at this point, my recommendation would be to speak with Nato Greavesy.”

“The Traveler?”

“Yes. From what I hear, he has been planning something with Onaku for quite awhile. But with Onaku now missing in action… perhaps you could take Onaku’s place.”

When it did not appear that Irteza had anything else to say, Pulse moved on, signalling for Lewa to follow him as he headed for the Ice Region gates.

-STONE REGION-

-IAREDIOS PAERKENON-

IC: Iaredios (All), ShadowVezon (Meeting), Quin (Meeting)

He had just finished preparing for his trip to the Ice Region when both Lord ShadowVezon and General Quin burst into the meeting chambers.

“What’s wrong?” he asked, noting the expressions on their faces.

Quin tossed a rolled up piece of parchment at him, and Iaredios caught it in one hand before unrolling it and reading the message from Irteza Shah. Once finished, he handed it back, frowning. “Do you believe he is serious?”

“We do,” ShadowVezon said. “Despite it being foolish to the extreme.”

“I must agree that attempting to take control of our closest allies sounds like a rather poor idea,” Iaredios admitted. “What will we do?”

We will do nothing,” General Quin told him. “Continue with whatever task you’re working on right now; this isn’t your jurisdiction. We will handle the situation if it becomes necessary – but it is possible that nothing will come of it.”

That sounds somewhat unlikely, but regardless, it will be unpleasant business all around, Iaredios thought. Yes, it will be much better if I am out of arm’s reach when the hammer inevitably falls.

-ANCIENT CITY-

-JED CORRUICH, THE KINGSLAYER-

IC: Jed (All), Kulta (All)

Jed awoke to the only remaining Skull Warrior under Pulse’s command shaking him, the Mask of Truth gleaming on its face. Standing to his feet, he took in the ruined Vault of Creation; Onaku and the thief had vanished.

As had the guards, he realized, horror dawning on him at the bloodstains on the walls and floor where they had been lying.

Looks like our thief might not have been so trustworthy after all, he thought, glancing at the Skull Warrior. Unless… but there’s no blood on its sword.

The journey back up into the Ancient City was uneventful, though the Skull Warrior seemed determined to stay with him until they had visited with Pulse, so he asked the first guard he could find about the Mask Maker’s location.

“In his forge, last I heard,” the guard said. “Left Toa Lewa outside to guard with orders not to let anyone disturb him.”

“I think he’ll want to know what I have to say,” Jed said, glancing up at the Skull Warrior before asking, “anything else?”

“Yeah. Some Protector named Tevant Rayne wants into the city.”

Another person I don’t know, Jed thought.

He shook his head. “Deny him. I don’t want anyone entering from the Water Region until after I can speak with his grace.”

“Yes sir.”

I just hope Pulse takes this threat seriously.

-FIRE REGION JUNGLE-

-LUROKA QENDROJ-

IC: Luroka (All), Portal (All), Onua (All), RG (All)

“What do you mean, he isn’t here?” Luroka asked.

“Obviously they mean that TimeLord II isn’t around,” Portal replied, looking tired.

“At least they have a feast,” Onua said, doing a rather poor job of lifting their moods.

“I don’t care about the feast,” Luroka muttered, rubbing at his temples and glancing at the trembling Jungle Protector in front of them. “You said he’s in the Ancient City right now?”

“Y-yes sir.”

He glanced at Portal, only to groan when Portal shook his head. “Portal, please.”

“Feast first,” Portal said. “But you try it first. I don’t want to find myself dead of poison.”

Luroka shared a look with Onua, before waving at the Jungle Protector. “Lead on, then. Show us where this wonderful feast is. And try not to cram the tea down our throats before I decide that going to war with you is better than forging an alliance.”

This is a colossal waste of time.

-ANCIENT CITY-

-HIS GRACE, PULSE VATTEN-

IC: Pulse (All), Nato (All), Sisyphus (All), Lewa (All)

At the gates to the Ice Region he found none other than Nato the Traveler waiting for him. A signal from Pulse had the gates opening, and the Ice Region General stepped inside, looking grateful to be out of the icy winds blowing on the other side.

“Greetings, your grace,” Nato said, rubbing his hands together. “My apologies for arriving on such short notice. A lot has happened in the three months I have been away, and I’m still rushing to catch up on events.”

He pulled out a Mask of Illusion. “I was hoping to give this to Onaku while I am here, and possibly use your forge for another project….”

Pulse shared a nervous glance with Lewa before replying: “About Onaku... he's kind of disappeared into the Vault of Creation. I also think you of all people should know this, considering your allegiances: I saw the same Antlered Titan reported all over the island with the Mask of Creation, the one the visions call 'the Hunter'. I saw the Black and White Protector with the upper half of the Mask of Time. The most relevant part, however, is that same mysterious Protector standing over the dying body of Ekimu.

He paused, before continuing, “as for the forge... you may use it. I had intended to forge a Mask of Spirit, though with everything going on, I haven't exactly got around to it.”

Nato hummed for a moment, clearly in thought. “The Antlered Titan... Ekimu called him Umarak, if I recall correctly. He helped me during the Long Night. As for your visions of this black and white being, and Ekimu's death, I don't know. As for the forge, I would suggest you retain some measure of plausible deniability regarding this particular project. The mask I plan to craft was originally intended for the sole purpose of slaying Skull Warriors.”

“The Antlered Titan's name is Umarak, and they were around 300 years ago...? On this island all this time and only now do they make an appearance? Odd,” Pulse said, frowning. “I dislike being interrupted while forging masks, so I could tell Lewa that nobody is to disturb 'me'.”

“I suppose everything we do carries risk at this stage,” Nato replied, shrugging helplessly. “If you want to help me forge the mask, I would certainly welcome your assistance.”

“I was more leaning towards forging my own mask while you forge yours, and giving you advice on technique whenever needed. Easier to show you such things than tell you, since it's hard for two people to forge the same mask,” Pulse said. “I'll tell Lewa that 'I'm not to be disturbed.”

“Very well, then. I'll meet you at the forge. First, however, I need to speak with TimeLord.”

-ANCIENT CITY-

-PURPLE RAYNE-

IC: Purple (All), Ehks (Meeting)

While awaiting responses from the other Turaga of Okoto, Purple had been browsing the library of the Ancient City in the hopes of learning about the Skull Warriors.

He had been disappointed.

The only records he could find were of the various Mask Makers that the Skull Warriors had guarded, alongside one or two more recently published texts detailing how they had helped to rebuild the Earth Region and Stone Region.

“I got your message,” a voice said from behind him.

He turned to see Ehksidian Glacies, Diplomat of the Ice Region. He grinned.

“I made my way here as quickly as possible,” she continued, idly flipping through one of the books he had been reading. “Thankfully I received your second message before I’d made it to the Water Region. What did you wish to discuss?”

“As I said in my notes, I fear that the Earth Region grows too powerful,” Purple said, placing one of the books back on its shelf. “I fear it might upset the balance of Okoto. These Faithful don’t seem trustworthy, and I wish to curb their influence… preferably through diplomacy. The landscape of Okoto is changing, and we must stay ahead of the game if we are to weather the coming storms.”

Ehksidian hummed, nodding along. “Yes, the Faithful are… problematic, to be sure. I trust the Skull Warriors about as I could throw them, and I’m not the strongest person around. I’ve negotiated a non-aggression pact with the Stone Region, so if it comes to war between Ice and Earth, the Earth Region’s closest allies are neutralized.”

“That’s good.”

“I’d suggest you do the same, even if it might be difficult with your region’s… history,” Ehksidian said. “Do it with all regions, if you can. The best result is that the Faith simply dissolves, but I doubt that’s likely. The Faith brings only strife to Okoto, and I fear it will come to war before they can be stopped….”

“I can dispatch a message to the Water Region Diplomat to see about brokering deals, though it might be difficult with the current deadlock,” Purple said. “Without putting it on paper, I can informally give you the loyalty of House Rayne. I’m sure Lord Terrorsaur would be agreeable. Have you any ideas on how to dismantle the Faith or the Skull Warriors?”

“Not so much, no,” the Ice Diplomat admitted. “We’d need several regions working together, and the Faith has yet to actively antagonize anyone… though I have a strong feeling that will soon change. There is something incredibly disturbing about them. There is not a doubt in my mind that the Faith wants all of Okoto for themselves.”

-ANCIENT CITY-

-CHLOE SARYIAN-

IC: Chloe (All), Kelotu (All), Sil (After Entrance)

It had taken longer than Chloe would have preferred, but she had finally managed to get an audience with Kelotu Zemlja. It was just in time, too, for the Earth Guardian was just finishing up their preparations for a trip to the Stone Region.

“What’s up?” Kelotu asked as she approached.

Chloe shrugged. “How are things?”

Kelotu sighed dramatically, rolling their eyes. “It has been quite the few days here, let me tell you. Just today there’s been some weird darkness blocking the vaults, Jed and Onaku vanished after going inside, and now I’m headed off to Stone to do a little digging! Sounds like ol’ Zatth’s death might not have been an accident after all! You know how it goes.”

“Wait, seriously?” Chloe asked, her interest piqued. “Huh. Do you know anything about what’s been happening in the Jungle Region since… well, recently? Could it be connected?”

The Earth Guardian shook their head. “I haven’t heard anything about Jungle, no. Only a few updates on Earth from my little birds, and then a meeting of the Guardians. Everything is sorta spiralling out from there.”

Chloe nodded. “That’s fair. I was mostly just wondering if anyone in Earth had heard from Jungle recently, and you’re closest and all, so I thought I’d ask. “

“All I’ve heard is that Tekulo Briar is missing, vanished without a trace,” Kelotu said, pausing to smirk before adding, “and the Mask of Control is missing too. Your security is clearly excellent. I do know that Luroka Qendroj and Portal Sevoi have been sent to the jungle to meet with TimeLord II, however. I believe they’ve meant to forge an alliance.”

“I have worries about that,” Chloe said slowly, frowning. “I feel like something might happen to put the jungle in jeopardy.”

“I worry about the Jungle Region as well,” Kelotu admitted quietly. “Burnmad burned most of it away. Wanting to be restored to their former glory is something I think the Earth Region can relate to. Still, I’m not sure Burnmad would be pleased if the Jungle Region were to become independent again.”

“I think Lord Burnmad is doing pretty well considering the circumstances,” Chloe said, earning herself a frown from Kelotu. “I’ve just heard rumblings of things that make me wary, and not from the Protectors of Fire….”

“Well, that is unfortunate to hear,” Kelotu said slowly. “I hope you know that I am all for an alliance with Jungle and will do what I can to keep peace between our regions. Was there anything else you wished to address?”

Chloe shook her head. “I don’t think so. I wish I could share more with you, but I think it would be unwise to do so at this time.”

Kelotu shrugged. “I’d best be going, so I’ll take my leave now. Best of luck to you, Chloe.”

--

Once Kelotu was gone, Chloe searched out the Mask Maker. The trail led her to his forge, where she found Toa Lewa standing guard outside. The Toa of Jungle showed no reaction to her presence until she announced herself.

“I was hoping to meet with his grace,” she said.

“His grace has given orders not to be disturbed until he is finished his work in the forge,” Lewa said, staring down at her impassively. “Leave now, please.”

Disgruntled, Chloe turned away, already moving on to her next plan.

Let’s see what the Water Region has to offer….

-FIRE REGION-

-LORD BURNMAD AODH-

IC: Burnmad (All), Tahu (All), RG (All)

“Back again, Toa Tahu?” Burnmad asked, staring into the flames.

He was seated in his study once more, contemplating his latest moves. Behind him, the Toa of Fire snorted. “You’re making plans to move against the Skull Warriors.”

“I am merely looking to reinforce the Western Wall,” Burnmad said softly. “There’s no need to blow it out of proportion.”

“Only following the most logical path,” Tahu growled, though Burnmad could hear the Toa’s smirk. “I approve.”

“Thank you.”

“You got the public on your side as well. Managed to counteract some of your bad press from that law.”

Burnmad allowed himself a small smirk. “So it would seem.”

“Your bias towards the Knights isn’t doing you any favors, however,” Tahu continued, walking further into the room until he was standing next to Burnmad. “The public didn’t seem to mind too much about your latest weapons spending until they learned that those troops loyal to the Knights will be equipped first.”

“This game of politics is always a balancing act,” Burnmad said. “I have done well so far.”

“Not well enough,” Tahu snapped. “You might have earned yourself enough goodwill for the Protectors of Fire, but the Jungle… I keep telling you to crush them! Their submission is not enough, and will never be enough!”

“I take it they are not pleased about the checks being done on the Eastern Wall,” Burnmad murmured.

“They are not.”

“And yet no move has been made,” Burnmad continued, glancing up at the Toa’s face. “Because as I keep telling you, they know their place. You would do well to remember yours.”

An ugly sneer worked its way onto Tahu’s face. “You are weak. This region is going to be torn apart because you couldn’t bring yourself to destroy the enemy. If the Faith learns why you’re adding to the Western Wall, we will have the Earth Region at our throats – as well as Stone. Water is useless, and Ice is too far away to provide any support. You must destroy the jungle, and prove your strength, before our enemies realize that united, they can topple our empire.”

To that, Burnmad had no reply.

-ANCIENT CITY-

-GENERAL NATO GREAVESY-

IC: Nato (All), TimeLord (All), Sisyphus (All)

“My apologies for the delay,” Nato said, striding into the room where TimeLord II was waiting. “I had urgent business to discuss with his grace. If you would prefer to speak privately, I can ask my guards to wait outside?”

TimeLord II nodded, though he and Nato both frowned when one of Nato’s guards appeared to hesistate.

“Our guards should leave us to talk in private,” the Jungle Protector said. “They can go.”

Knowing his guards would break back in if they heard anything, Nato waved them away. Once both sets of guards were gone, TimeLord II spoke again.

“Tea?” he asked, holding a steaming mug up. “Call me TL, please. You have information about my father? I’ve heard all the stories, you know. About the failed South-Eastern Trade Agreement and the rumors about you taking his life. What is it you wish to tell me?”

“Thanks for the offer, but I don’t drink tea,” Nato said, taking a seat in one of the chairs at the table. “Whatever stories you’ve heard are based in hearsay and conspiracy. I am offering you the truth, and closure.”

TL II sipped at his tea, and looked at him expectantly.

“I did kill your father,” Nato said. “I smashed his head in with a rock, and left his corpse for scavengers. I don’t regret it. But what the rumors can’t tell you is why I did it. It wasn’t just because he betrayed me, or because he backed the Usurper. I did it because your father was a fool. He struck alliances and then betrayed those alliances without a second thought, with the insane expectation that he was exempt from the consequences. His madness didn’t just cause him his own life; it ended up costing the Jungle Region its independence.”

TL II continued to sip at his tea, staring at Nato in silence for several moments before he finally leaned forward. “Why are you telling me this? You think I’m going to become a carbon copy of him, don’t you?”

Nato schooled his features into a look of calm, despite his inner turmoil. The bitterness in the Jungle Protector’s voice was shocking.

“All my life, I’ve never been seen for who I am,” TL II said, scowling into his mug. “Everyone just sees TimeLord born again, whispering behind my back, wondering when I’ll snap like my father did. The name doesn’t help.”

Nato had to fight not to show his reaction on his face. This wasn’t how he had pictured TL II responding at all.

“I’m not my father, and I never will be,” the Jungle Protector continued. “Out of everyone who hated my father… I hated him the most. And even in death, he still casts his shadow over me.”

Attempting to take control of the conversation, Nato decided to answer the first question that TL II had asked. “I’m telling you this as a warning. In the hopes that you’ll avoid making the same mistakes your father did. I’m asking you to pick the right side this time, or to at least remain uninvolved – or else there might not be a Jungle Region left.”

“Would you rather see five regions or six?” TL II asked.

“What?”

Again, the Jungle Protector did not respond how Nato had predicted, throwing him off his game once more.

“If there is to be peace on Okoto, we need six regions united together, not five clawing at each other out of greed and fear,” TL II said, taking another sip of his tea. “Would you support the idea of a treaty to peacefully separate the Jungle Region from the Fire Region?”

“No,” Nato said instantly. “Burnmad is my ally, and my friend.”

Though at that thought, the rumors drifted back into his mind, the whispers of dissatisfaction, reports of a violent Toa, historians across Okoto noting the similarities between Burnmad and the ancestor for whom his house was named…

…Nato shook his head to clear it, and continued: “In Okoto’s current state, the errant Protectors of Jungle are compliant and submissive. That’s peaceful enough for my needs, and I’m perfectly content to leave your region where it is – broken, beaten, burned, and under the watchful rule of a far more competent leader.”

TL II nodded, setting his empty teacup on the table and standing. “Was there anything else you wished to tell me?”

“No, that was all.”

“Then perhaps we shall meet again,” the Jungle Protector said, bowing his head. “Farewell, Traveler.”

It wasn’t until TL II and his guards were both gone that Nato realized his Mask of Illusions was missing.

-ICE REGION-

-SISYPHUS GLACIES-

IC: Sisyphus (All), Kopaka (All)

There was a series of knocks on the door to his private study.

Sisyphus turned away from the wall, where various sheets of parchment with different pieces of plans and information all jumbled together in a manner that only he could understand were stuck to the wall. He unlatched the six different locks on the door and opened it a crack, looking up at the face of Kopaka.

The Toa of Ice looked unhappy. Sisyphus didn’t blame him, of course; it wasn’t supposed to be Kopaka’s job to play errand boy.

“Yes?” he asked.

“A message for you,” the Toa of Ice said gruffly, handing him a sealed envelope.

“You didn’t attempt to read this one, I see,” Sisyphus said.

Kopaka glared down at him. “No use if it is written in a code I do not understand. But I have my eyes on you, Turaga. You are up to something.”

Sisyphus shrugged. “I can neither confirm nor deny that, of course. Though I must ask where you think you are, because on Okoto, everyone is up to something. The only ones who aren’t are dead… or soon will be.”

When the Toa did not immediately respond, he shut the door.

-WATER REGION-

-LORD TERRORSAUR RAYNE-

IC: Terrosaur (All), Jed (All), Burnmad (Ships)

At the sight of two Fire Region ships entering the harbor, Lord Terrorsaur had initially been nervous – until he remembered that Jed had sent him a message earlier regarding a deal he had made with the Fire Region Ruler.

Why the Kingslayer was the one to negotiate this with Lord Burnmad, I don’t think I even want to know, he thought to himself as he approached the ships. Still, at least I won’t have to risk two of OUR ships for the voyage I suppose….

He nodded to two Fire Protectors approaching; both nodded, murmuring ‘my lord’.

“You know who I am, but I am afraid I cannot say the same for you,” he said.

“Just captains, my lord,” one said. “I am Captain Brander, and this is Captain Dezalk. We are both at your service, and have been sent by Lord Burnmad to fulfil the bargain made with the Kingslayer.”

“So I’ve heard,” Terrorsaur said. “Do you have your papers?”

Captain Brander handed them over before continuing, “we brought along fifty-five soldiers and twenty-five sailors each, along with half the provisions necessary for one hundred and twenty-five Protectors aboard each ship.”

“You’ll want me to contribute the remaining forty-five crew members,” Terrorsaur said, nodding. “Come with me, and let’s see what we can do.”

-ANCIENT CITY-

-IRTEZA SHAH GALUM-

IC: Irteza Shah (All), Toru (Meeting), Kulta (Meeting)

Getting into the Earth Region would be quite simple, Irteza knew. He had already managed to spread his birds into the region – though with most of their political power players elsewhere, no reports had been made yet.

At the city gates he was surprised to find none other than Lord Toru awaiting entrance, alongside a single Skull Warrior and twenty guards. The Ruler of Earth looked extremely unhappy, and Irteza had to resist the urge to flinch at the glare that was shot at him.

“Er, greetings, my lord,” he said, hoping his nervousness didn’t show. “How may I help you?”

“Perhaps by giving me some sort of response,” Lord Toru snapped. “I arrived here hours ago and asked to be allowed entrance into the city. I have been sent here to invite his grace back to my home to meet with Commander Kulta, as their presence often frightens those who are not prepared.”

“Hours?” Irteza asked, puzzled. “But… shouldn’t Kelotu have let you in? Or Pulse?”

“I don’t know who should have or could have, all I know is that they haven’t,” the Earth Protector snarled. “I would not even care this much if they had just said ‘no’, it is the fact that they have ignored me that has me so upset! As if I am not worth sparing at least ten seconds to give a simple answer! As if the Earth Region holds no importance to them! A ‘no’ I could understand, but ignoring me? The sheer disrespect is disgusting.”

Irteza found himself too shocked to say anything at all.

-STONE REGION-

-VINHEIM MARAN-

IC: ALL PLAYERS (All), ALL NPCS (All)

He stood before the crowd, his speech written out on the podium in front of him.

All across Okoto, at this very moment, a copy of the speech was arriving in the hands of just about every single Protector who had any sort of political power. Pulse Vatten, Burnmad Aodh, Nato Greavesy, TimeLord II Hinterland, Toru Sevoi, Kulta, Purple Rayne… and all the rest.

“People of the Stone Region, and of Okoto,” he said, casting his gaze across the crowd and taking a deep breath before continuing. “It is… with a heavy heart that I must inform you that I have discovered the identity of the late Lord Zatth’s murderer.”

The crowd silent. Swallowing and taking another breath, Vinheim continued. “Through a rigorous investigation, I have learned that the poison used to kill Lord Zatth was purchased via the island’s black market, specifically the Water Region. The poison, the deadliest variant that has been produced to date, was laced into a bottle of wine – a bottle meant to celebrate an agreement between Lord Zatth and the Earth Region.”

He could tell that the Protectors before him were enthralled, almost on the edge of their seats, as though he were merely reading aloud the conclusion to some sort of mystery novel. Even their righteous fury towards the Water Region and its knack for poisons had not surfaced.

He took a moment to close his eyes and silently collect himself. His jittery fingers slowly stopped twitching with each breath he took, until he felt ready to continue once more.

“The wine was provided to Lord Zatth by his so-called ally, Dallior of House Qendroj.”

The noise was deafening. Cries and shouts echoed throughout the square, and the guards stationed in the area immediately leaped into action to quell the crowd. Vinheim raised both his hands, gesturing for them to all sit back down.

They did.

“As I am sure most of you are aware, Dallior was recently revealed to be a traitor by the Earth Region,” he continued. “He was subsequently executed for his crimes against the Earth Region, and against the Realm. Although I can only speculate on what his exact motivations might have been, it is my belief – and this is backed by the records available to me – that Dallior was unhappy with ceding control of the Earth Region to Lord Toru Sevoi and Commander Kulta. His dislike of the Faith was well-known, and as we all know, Lord Zatth worked closely with the Faith in order to rebuild. Dallior killed Lord Zatth in the hopes of spreading discord throughout our region, and hoped to do the same thing in his own, to turn us against each other.”

There were boos from the crowd.

Vinheim nodded, blinking furiously as tears began to leak out of his eyes. He wiped them away with an expression of disbelief on his face, letting out a small, hoarse chuckled as he dried his hands off.

“We can take faith, my friends, that the killer of Lord Zatth was brought to justice by our friends in the Earth Region,” he said, his voice filled with conviction. “His soul may now rest in peace!”

Cheers from the crowd.

He raised his fist into the air in a sign of solidarity, and the crowd followed his example.

“And may his nephew, ShadowVezon of House Raqmu, unify and lead the Stone Region into a new era that would make Lord Zatth proud! Lord Zatth has helped our region to recover and grow in strength once more, and I know that ShadowVezon will honor his legacy! Under him, we shall be as strong as stone!

And the crowd echoed back, “AS STRONG AS STONE!”

END EPISODE TWO.

NOTES:

-ToaD, Dragonstar, and Meta will be killed for inactivity if they do not perform any actions this round.

-If any moves were in progress and delayed until Episode 3, send me a notification to let me know.

-Certain objectives are coming into play now, and are time-sensitive. Failure to fulfill them might mean bad things.

-The end of Episode 3 is tentatively scheduled for February 15th. And with that…

Episode Three begins now!

• Upvote 10

What devilry be this? Sisyphus wasn't in my PM with Pulse, or the one with Timelord. 

And the Mask of Illusions magically vanished from my person without me noticing? 

What kind of trickery are you trying to pull, Turaga? 

I just checked Episode 1, and it's the same there.

How can he know about conversations that he wasn't even there for?

A NOTICE TO OKOTO

FROM HIS GRACE, SHADOWVEZON RAQMU,

First of His Name,

The King of Stone,

Ruler of Kamuk:

The Stone Region hereby secedes from the island nation of Okoto, and no longer acknowledges the Mask Maker Pulse Vatten as their Ruler.

Henceforth, his grace King ShadowVezon Raqmu, First of His Name, shall rule over the new nation of Kamuk.

All existing military, political, and trade agreements with the various regions of Okoto will continue to function as normal.

The nation of Kamuk, though independent, looks forward to maintaining a mutually beneficial relationship with Okoto, its Mask Maker, and its various regions.

The Stone Guardian Irteza Shah of House Galum, and his assigned guards, will remain stationed in the Ancient City as diplomatic envoys until further notice.

The Nation of Kamuk sends its regards.

• Upvote 11