BZP'S GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 2

Voltex

Like sending out vague letters?

I don't recall my letter being particularly vague, to be honest. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

People can think a great many things. That doesn't necessarily make them so. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Episode 1 isn't finished quite yet. I can't promise that it will be ready tomorrow as I was unexpectedly busy today (though my schedule for tomorrow has cleared up, so it should balance out).

That said, to tide you all over for a bit, here's a little teaser for...

episode_1_teaser.jpg

He stepped into the Vault of Creation, shuddering at the sensation of the barrier sliding off of him. The pedestal where the Mask of Creation had sat was a pile of powder on the floor – where he also spotted both of his guards. A quick check revealed that both were alive, and simply unconscious.

The situation was becoming odder by the second.

The sound of footsteps on what sounded like gravel drew his attention to one of the vault’s walls – where there was now a hole that he could have sworn had not been there seconds before. He warily drew his sword out of its sheathe, so slowly that it did not make a sound, and stepped towards the hole.

Strange magics are at play here, he thought to himself, gripping the hilt of his sword in both hands. One vault entrance reduced to rubble, both vaults obscured by some sort of shadowy substance, holes appearing where there were none before, and my guards knocked unconscious without a scratch on them….

Jed resisted the urge to flinch back when he reached the opening and found a tunnel that led straight to the Vault of Time… with a figure clad in black and white armor approaching, the Mask of Time’s upper half in one of their hands (and a staff in the other). Their face was hidden underneath a black hood.

He stepped back, retreating to the other side of the vault. Though he did not change his stance, each muscle was tensed, ready for him to fly into motion if combat became necessary.

The figure stepped into the Vault of Creation, bright blue eyes gleaming at Jed from under the hood. The Mask of Time’s upper half was tucked away within the figure’s cloak, before they drew back the cloak’s hood with their now free hand. They wore a pure white Protector Mask, the likes of which Jed had never seen before.

I thought all Protector masks on Okoto were a blend. Always two colors in each one… even those who typically spit in the eyes of tradition keep to the old ways of the Masks.

Before Jed could speak – though whether he was going to demand the figure’s name, or that they return the Mask of Time, or the location of the Mask of Creation, he wasn’t sure – the figure broke the silence on their own, staring him in the eyes.

“Kingslayer.”

• Upvote 8

Hm, but if many people think something is beautiful, that is what makes it so, no?

The question, then, is whether vagueness is objective, which I think is somewhat debatable. (Though, if I had to place myself in one camp or the other, I suppose I'd say it is)

Edit: Ninja'd. Get hype

- :burnmad:

Edited by Fire Ruler Burnmad Aodh
  • Upvote 1

Hm, but if many people think something is beautiful, that is what makes it so, no?

The question, then, is whether vagueness is objective, which I think is somewhat debatable. (Though, if I had to place myself in one camp or the other, I suppose I'd say it is)

i have a distinct feeling it was not vague in this case.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

I would apologize but really there's no point.

While I continue writing this thing have a look at Pulse's latest vision, even though it can only be used IC by Pulse himself because it's all in his poor warped head:

-

A vault, reduced to rubble. A Skull Warrior destroyed-

The Mask of Creation, in the hands of an enormous Titan, with antlers growing out of their head-

The Mask of Time, its upper half, in the hands of a figure in black and white armor, crouching over the dying form of Ekimu-

• Upvote 6

Well, I guess that's one less Skull Warrior we have to destroy later. 

Do we know how many Skull Warriors there are?

probably two

at least

Actually it would only be one, as at the end of season 1, there were two skull warrior guards left.

Though we have to remember with kulta around now, I'm assuming that means there are alot more skull warriors about. Also isn't pulse suppose to be like neutral in the whole faith knight thing? At least from a political point. Why hasn't anyone called him out for having skull warrior guards?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I mean, getting rid of them would be kind of like firing a government employee for their race, don't you think?

Skull Warriors are people, too!

Are they really? They didn't seem too sentient to me. More like a well-trained dog, since they aren't being paid anyway. Really they get nothing out of protecting the mask maker, other than influencing them with dark energies...

Edited by Vox

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Why hasn't anyone called him out for having skull warrior guards?

Because every Mask Maker for the past century has had them? Keeping them is keeping with tradition, and thus isn't really listing towards either political viewpoint. Banishing them from the Ancient City, on the other hand... 

Why do you think Pulse has been such a useless ruler?

He made the same mistake that the Usurper did and kept evil Skeletons on the payroll. =P

Those darn skeletons. They're so spooky.

Voxumo's Rule: Relative peace with a few minor incidents here and there, resolved through little bloodshed. Only soured towards the end.

Pulse's Rule: General Unease, Warring Beliefs, Even more isolationism, super-powered soldiers brought in to fight a war not their own. 

Clearly the skull warriors are the issue.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

At least I didn't make the mistake of having them at my side at all times like every single Mask Maker from the past century. So there's that, at least.

Voxumo's Rule: Relative peace with a few minor incidents here and there, resolved through little bloodshed. Only soured towards the end.

Are you forgetting the at-the-time near-total extermination of the Earth Region? That's far more than 'a little bloodshed'.

Pulse's Rule: General Unease, Warring Beliefs, Even more isolationism, super-powered soldiers brought in to fight a war not their own.

Do you really think me telling the giant skeleton person to 'stop causing this unease through your beliefs' would ever go down well? I always intended to summon the Toa, regardless of what was happening around me. I mean, sure, it's only half of them, but so far they haven't destroyed Okoto yet.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Are you forgetting the at-the-time near-total extermination of the Earth Region? That's far more than 'a little bloodshed'.

Not to mention the fact that both the Fire and Ice Regions tried to assassinate him before Season 1 had even started. 

At least I didn't make the mistake of having them at my side at all times like every single Mask Maker from the past century. So there's that, at least.

Do you really think me telling the giant skeleton person to 'stop causing this unease through your beliefs' would ever go down well? I always intended to summon the Toa, regardless of what was happening around me. I mean, sure, it's only half of them, but so far they haven't destroyed Okoto yet.

Technically the "False" extermination of the Earth Region was before I was actually Mask Maker, and thus before my rule. It's part of the reason I did not include killing half the stone region and burnmad decimating the jungle region within your rule as it technically happened before your rule.

And true about not having them by your side, but at least I put them to use. By the way you're welcome for the masks.

And no I didn't expect you to, but the fact still remains there is unease. Though wait a second, I thought all six of the toa were summoned, not just three?

As for the assassinations. Fire Region didn't try to assassinate me, but instead tried to steal from me. Though that would fall under the "Few minor incidents" I mentioned. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

As for the assassinations. Fire Region didn't try to assassinate me, but instead tried to steal from me.

Steal your life, perhaps?

316 AE

Lord Burnmad Aodh

In 315 AE, Lord Burnmad took over as the head of House Aodh and Ruler of the Fire Region after his father passed on. Now privy to information he had lacked previously, Lord Burnmad determined that Voxumo was doing a poor job of ruling over Okoto, and in 316 AE, he sent several Protectors to infiltrate the Ancient City with orders to destroy the remaining Skull Warriors and kill Voxumo.

As for the assassinations. Fire Region didn't try to assassinate me, but instead tried to steal from me.

Steal your life, perhaps?

316 AE

Lord Burnmad Aodh

In 315 AE, Lord Burnmad took over as the head of House Aodh and Ruler of the Fire Region after his father passed on. Now privy to information he had lacked previously, Lord Burnmad determined that Voxumo was doing a poor job of ruling over Okoto, and in 316 AE, he sent several Protectors to infiltrate the Ancient City with orders to destroy the remaining Skull Warriors and kill Voxumo.

Hmm... must have changed from what it was originally to now, as I'm fairly certain the original reasoning was to steal something. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Technically the "False" extermination of the Earth Region was before I was actually Mask Maker, and thus before my rule. It's part of the reason I did not include killing half the stone region and burnmad decimating the jungle region within your rule as it technically happened before your rule.

And true about not having them by your side, but at least I put them to use. By the way you're welcome for the masks.

And no I didn't expect you to, but the fact still remains there is unease. Though wait a second, I thought all six of the toa were summoned, not just three?

Good point. Though we should stop the bickering, there's enough unease as it is. 

I say half of them because I only used the upper half of the Mask of Time. There were more than six regions once, so it may be possible there may be more than six Toa, because it's oddly coincidental that they happen to have the elements of all the regions that exist today. I'm not really sure why that mysterious Protector wants the Mask of Time, since the only thing it can bring now is death through further misuse. Maybe it can summon the Temple of Time, but that has a high chance of ending up being very dangerous regardless of what happens. 

Oh, and whole 'dying Ekimu' thing is concerning too. Very much so. 

It's possible that our Black and White friend is simply stealing all of these masks to prevent us from being able to use them. 

Entirely possible, but we only know of their incursion into the Vault of Creation and Vault of Time. They may not be behind the other disappearances. 

Though I do have a feeling you may be right. We'll just have to make more. 

If your assumption is correct, he probably doesn't want us using them, which poses the question of what they're going to do if I and Nato (and anyone else able to do so) make more masks. They've already caused island-wide tremors...