BZP'S GAME OF THRONES: SEASON 2

Voltex

Poor Tevant Rayne, forever unloved ;__;

I've been asked a few times, so....

The Mask of Control is missing.

As is the Mask of Light.

And the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders.

And all other Masks of Power from Season 1 besides the Elemental Masks (worn by the Toa), Creation (in an Ancient City vault), and Time (also in a vault).

• Upvote 5

I retract my prior statement. Give it 24 hours max... I feel if we can't find someone by then, we likely won't find someone by the fourth.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

We were supposed to start on the 4th anyways. I'd vote to wait a few more days.

I second that notion.

Edited by Iaredios the Desert Dude

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

*gasps*

*breathes*

Hello.

I would like to join.

I also don't really know how this works, so if someone could show me around, that'd be terrific.

You're in! You'll be taking the final water slot.

You'll want to follow the instructions at the bottom of the first post for PMing me with your stats and house.

I also recommend anyone who hasn't done so to follow this topic.

(also upvote) lol jk

Edited by Breath of the Wild
  • Upvote 1

Let it begin.

Edit: You know, when positions are assigned and such.

(I just wanted to post something dramatic for 2k)

- :burnmad:

the correct phrase is 'So it Begins', you fool

you had one job

I will do the job correctly with the following:

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Wind still takes up a slot despite having left the convo, so yeah, you can make a new one.

What are you gonna do if he wants anything other than Jungle, tho? Make a new role? 0_o

Jungle is off limits, but I'm willing to add a second Diplomat or Turaga to a region.

Just waiting on:

-MetaStriker to finish signups so that Water can pick their roles

-Sil or RG to take the final Fire roles

Have a quick tease of Episode Zero while we wait:

-

“No,” Kulta repeated, a hint of cold amusement in their tone. “Kelotu Zemlja will be taking Lord Dallior’s place as the Earth Guardian.”

Roughly halfway down the table, an unfamiliar Protector gave Luroka a cheery wave. Luroka leaned forward, fighting not to let his frustration show on his face. “What role am I to take, then? You cannot just lock House Qendroj out entirely.”

Kulta’s gleaming red eyes flickered. “You will be the Earth Region’s new Diplomat. I trust that you will find the position… suitable.”

Luroka swallowed as one of the other Earth Protectors stood, their chair clattering to the floor. They ignored the warning looks the Protectors near them sent their way, pointing at Kulta. “You can’t do that! I have done nothing wrong, nothing that gives you the excuse to replace me!”

The Commander’s head tilted to the side as they considered the Protector – Tehutti Zemlja, the current Diplomat.

“I am afraid you have, dear Tehutti,” Kulta said, their voice turning into a hiss. “You died.”

• Upvote 8

You guys have a good thing going on, I may join next seasons. Just make me an NPC and kill me off to make ally my dreams come true.

Has that Metastriker chap done anything yet since signing up? If not, we may want to boot him if we're still not starting by the 4th.

Not yet.

If he doesn't do anything by the 4th TMD could take this spot?

• Upvote 3

All role objectives sent out.

Just waiting on Meta to finish signing up (or for February 2nd night to come, in which case it'll go to TMD)

In the meantime, another little tease for Episode Zero:

--

He knocked on the door three times, the oak shuddering under his fist. The room on the other side of the door was silent for a few seconds before it swung open to reveal the grim form of Kopaka, the Toa of Ice. The Toa glanced over his shoulder, the lens covering his right eye adjusting.

“It is the Traveler, my lord,” the Toa said. “General Nato.”

“He may enter,” came the response.

The Toa of Ice nodded and stepped aside. Nato paused for a moment to brush some snow off of his cloak before stepping into the room – the study of Lord FF Crustallus, Ruler of the Ice Region. Lord FF himself was seated at his desk on the opposite side of the room, facing the window.

“My lord,” Nato murmured, bowing his head slightly to appease Kopaka, who was rather strict about maintaining the niceties.

“Returned from your latest trip, have you?” FF asked, still staring out the window. “Did you find anything on that voyage of yours? Anything that was worth being gone for nearly three months?”

Nato shook his head and sighed.

“That… remains to be seen. We did discover an island to the southeast of Okoto. When we searched it, we could find no signs of life – though we did find a large labyrinth.”

FF grunted. “This island, it can’t be too far away. You’d have been gone longer if it was.”

“We… believe that it was under some sort of enchantment until very recently,” Nato said slowly.

“This got to do with your little jaunt through time ten years ago?"

• Upvote 9

blog-0980306001485924042.jpg

Nato recently did a small write-up for a location in the Ice Region called Rollor's Reach. It's the largest port in the Ice Region, among other things, and as an extra bit of lore I suggest you read it, since some of you will undoubtedly be traveling there at some point.

If anyone else wishes to do something similar, feel free! But of course you don't have to. :)

And just because I'm bored have another teaser for Episode Zero:

-

The timer went off with a ding that echoed throughout the forge, and Pulse Vatten, the first of his name, Mask Maker of Okoto, took a deep breath to calm himself, though it did not work as well as he had hoped. He approached the worktable and with trembling hands, reached out and grabbed his latest creation – if he had calculated correctly, it was a Mask of Foresight. 

Ten years ago, he had activated the Mask of Time – or its upper half, at least, for the lower half remained lost – within the Ancient City, having misinterpreted the requirements for summoning the six Toa. His mistake had cost several Protectors their lives, summoned the Temple of Time back to Okoto for the first time in centuries, and – for Pulse, worst of all – caused him to be mentally assaulted with visions of the past and future.

The memory of those visions still haunted him to this day, and occasionally, he still received new flashes. His hope was that the Mask of Foresight would allow him to understand them.

Here goes nothing, he thought, removing his Protector mask and replacing it with his newest creation.

His last thought before the visions consumed him was that he probably should have had Toa Lewa present to assist him.

• Upvote 6

EPISODE ZERO

“And Now it Begins”

-ICE REGION-

-GENERAL NATO GREAVESY-

He knocked on the door three times, the oak shuddering under his fist. The room on the other side of the door was silent for a few seconds before it swung open to reveal the grim form of Kopaka, the Toa of Ice. The Toa glanced over his shoulder, the lens covering his right eye adjusting.

“It is the Traveler, my lord,” the Toa said. “General Nato.”

“He may enter,” came the response.

The Toa of Ice nodded and stepped aside. Nato paused for a moment to brush some snow off of his cloak before stepping into the room – the study of Lord FF Crustallus, Ruler of the Ice Region. Lord FF himself was seated at his desk on the opposite side of the room, facing the window.

“My lord,” Nato murmured, bowing his head slightly to appease Kopaka, who was rather strict about maintaining the niceties.

“Returned from your latest trip, have you?” FF asked, still staring out the window. “Did you find anything on that voyage of yours? Anything that was worth being gone for nearly three months?”

Nato shook his head and sighed. Something had clearly happened while he was away; he would have to reprimand his informants. “That… remains to be seen. We did discover an island to the southeast of Okoto. When we searched it, we could find no signs of life – though we did find a large labyrinth. We sent a scouting group inside and they were all slain by traps before they could round the first corner. We… decided to return, rather than explore further.”

FF grunted. “This island, it can’t be too far away. You’d have been gone longer if it was.”

“We… believe that it was under some sort of enchantment until very recently,” Nato said slowly. “One that had hidden it from all of Okoto’s view. I… have some ideas as to why the enchantment may have fallen now, of all times.”

“This got to do with your little jaunt through time ten years ago? Or is it your friends in the Knights?”

“The Knights have not contacted me in almost a year,” Nato replied, “though regardless, it is a bit of both. But they are ideas, my lord. Theories, nothing more – we can discuss them later. You have news, I assume, or else you would at least have the courtesy to look at me.”

“Watch your tongue,” Kopaka warned, but FF waved the issue away and pushed his chair back before standing.

The Ruler of the Ice Region turned to Nato, and the first thought that ran through the General’s mind was that FF looked exhausted.

“It’s not good news, not good news at all,” FF said tiredly. “Two high profile deaths and another high profile disappearance, all within the last month.”

“Speak plainly,” Nato said. “Who died?”

“Lord Zatth and Lord Dallior,” FF growled. “And in the Jungle Region, Lord Tekulo disappeared three days ago, though they have not yet reported finding the body.”

Nato frowned, fighting off the chill that threatened to run up his spine. “That’s the Stone Ruler and Earth Guardian dead. Causes of death?”

“Poison, for Zatth. As for Dallior… slain by Skull Warriors. The Earth Region is claiming that he attempted to kill Commander Kulta and was fleeing the region after his attempt failed. As for Tekulo, there were no signs of a struggle.”

The Ice Region General sighed, rubbing his temples. FF was right to be frustrated with him; he had clearly chosen a poor time to be away from Okoto. “Alright then… it’s a problematic situation, but not something we can’t handle.”

“There’s other news as well,” FF said. “The Mask of Control went missing shortly before Tekulo did. The… Fire Region isn’t pointing any fingers yet, but they aren’t happy, and their report suggested that the Jungle Protectors are becoming more vocal in their disagreements with the rest of the region.”

“Not a surprise,” Nato said. “I tried to warn Burnmad that conquering the Jungle Region would be a poor idea, especially after burning most of it away. If you’re going to go that far, you might as well crush the enemy entirely.”

“Not everyone is as ruthless as you,” FF replied, sighing. “The Mask of Light and the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders have vanished as well. The Water Region was not pleased to find the Mask of Skull Spiders missing from their vaults. Thankfully, we have yet to suffer any disappearances, thefts, or deaths, but….”

“…that also means we are being considered the primary suspect,” Nato finished, turning to leave. “A smart move, if it is the same region behind all of these. We’ll have to be on our guard. I’ll make sure the army is on alert, and… I’ll see if I can speak with the Knights, make sure they understand that they need to settle down for awhile, until we can get some solid answers.”

“See that you do,” FF ordered. “If you don’t… well, Ehksidian and Onaku are already having a hard time trying to delay any conflicts.”

“Don’t worry, my lord,” Nato said, pausing in the doorway. “I’m a man of my word.”

-FIRE REGION-

-GENERAL SMOKE MONSTER BOSCAGE-

There was a knock on the door.

Opening it to the night, Lord Smoke Monster smiled at the two Protectors huddled together, rain pouring down on them; lightning flashed in the distance. He stepped back to allow them inside, handing each of them a towel. As they wiped themselves down, he made his way back over to the table in the middle of the room, pouring three cups of tea.

“I’m glad you both could make it, despite the stormy weather,” he said, handing one to the younger of the two newcomers – TimeLord II Hinterland, though he seemed to prefer going by ‘TL’ ever since his father was killed.

“Yeah, well, it’s not great, but after what we’ve been through…” TL trailed off, accepting the tea and taking a sip. “Yes, this is good stuff.”

“Why did you call us?” asked the other Protector.

Smoke Monster turned to her with the final cup of tea. “There are plans to be made. Okoto is on the verge of conflict, and change is in the air. I can feel it… it was like this, just before, you know. Before the War for the Throne, and before Voxumo’s Rebellion.”

Chloe Saryian frowned, but did not say anything as she accepted the tea. Smoke Monster also frowned – he still was not quite sure what to make of her. House Saryian had served his own house throughout history, and had been among the most rebellious following the Conquering… yet the Council of Fire had selected her to be the Jungle’s new Turaga.

He was shaken out of his thoughts by TL. “It is time, then?”

“Indeed, my lord,” Smoke Monster replied, bowing his head. “I am relinquishing control of our region back over to you. As I once did for your father, so I shall now command our forces for you now.”

“The Council of Fire won’t be happy about this,” Chloe warned. “Nor will the Mask Maker and the Guardians. They might allow us our independence with some issues, but this? Putting the only survivor of House Hinterland back in charge? They might see it as a declaration.”

Smoke Monster smirked. “Perhaps. But they have nothing to worry about.”

The Turaga appeared un-convinced. “This is a bad idea.”

“Hush, you don’t know what you’re talking about,” TL snapped, whirling on her as lightning flashed again. “Have you forgotten what has happened?! Have you forgotten our region’s words?! Ours is the fury! They have forgotten what the Jungle’s rage feels like – the Jungle has forgotten what it feels like! My father may have failed, but I promise you, I will not. By the time I am through with them, all of Okoto will know our fury.”

-ANCIENT CITY-

-HIS GRACE, PULSE VATTEN-

The timer went off with a ding that echoed throughout the forge, and Pulse Vatten, the first of his name, Mask Maker of Okoto, took a deep breath to calm himself, though it did not work as well as he had hoped. He approached the worktable and with trembling hands, reached out and grabbed his latest creation – if he had calculated correctly, it was a Mask of Foresight. 

Ten years ago, he had activated the Mask of Time – or its upper half, at least, for the lower half remained lost – within the Ancient City, having misinterpreted the requirements for summoning the six Toa. His mistake had cost several Protectors their lives, summoned the Temple of Time back to Okoto for the first time in centuries, and – for Pulse, worst of all – caused him to be mentally assaulted with visions of the past and future.

The memory of those visions still haunted him to this day, and occasionally, he still received new flashes. His hope was that the Mask of Foresight would allow him to understand them.

Here goes nothing, he thought, removing his Protector mask and replacing it with his newest creation.

His last thought before the visions consumed him was that he probably should have had Toa Lewa present to assist him.

Six comets raining down from the heavens. Blue. Green. Red. Purple. Brown. White. Six legendary warriors emerging, in gleaming armor, the colors of each region. Fighting fiercely against darkness, against each other, against Protectors, against a towering figure with only a skull for a face and gleaming red eyes-

A huge figure, towering taller than even the largest of the Toa, at least twice their size. Massive antlers stretching out from either side of their head, donning a familiar golden mask on their face, the Mask of Control, and letting loose a stream of arrows-

A rasping voice that chilled him to the bone, hissing and ancient, “beware the Hunter…”

The Temple of Time, shaking and shuddering, ancient Protectors emerging from its gates, guided by-

Guided by-

The Mask of Time splitting in two, the upper half drifting across Okoto through all of time, in the hands of Ice and Fire and Water and Stone and Earth, in the hands of Ekimu and Makuta and Knights and a Protector? Mask Maker? In white and black armor. The lower half submerged in water, in the hands of a Skull Warrior, that Skull Warrior slain by a Protector? In blue armor, a voice calling out to warn him-

“VATTEN!”

An old city, lost to time, rising from beneath the waves, a hunched figure leaning on their staff before it, clad in white and black armor, bright blue eyes old and weary and tired, a great Lord of Skull Spiders by their side-

The desert, an old and great city, two figures in golden armor dueling each other, two brothers, Ekimu and Makuta, Ekimu swinging his mighty hammer, the ground exploding beneath them, destroying everything in its radius, dark energy crackling in the air, a figure clad in white and black armor, fleeing from the scene-

A phoenix rising from the depths of a volcano, a scorpion crawling through the desert, a small bear prowling in the snow, an ape digging beneath the earth, a dragonfly buzzing among the trees, a shark patrolling ancient submerged ruins-

Three armies, brown, white, and red, crashing down on another, purple. Decimating it, burning it, exterminating it, the vow of Vultraz Aodh finally fulfilled-

A blue figure with a ceremonial golden mask, his own father, Trijhak Vatten the Mad, twisting to face his adversary. A hammer smashing down on his head, his mask shattering into pieces, a brown face revealed, the face of Bronze Raqmu, the Mask Breaker-

A massive labyrinth, lost to time, hiding away a forgotten civilization, led and protected by a figure clad in white and black armor, not a Protector, no, but a Mask Maker-

Skull Spiders, hundreds of thousands, following a great Lord of Skull Spiders, guarding an ancient city covered in vines, a city formerly submerged beneath the waves, a city containing a tomb in its heart, hiding a mystical figure with golden armor, a Mask Maker cast into a deep slumber-

The legendary Toa of Water, Toa Gali, stabbed in the back, blood pooling on the ground beneath her as she collapsed, a Skull Warrior stepping out of the shadows-

An army of black and purple, Protectors thought lost to the world, emerging from the earth, led by a Titan with gleaming red eyes in empty sockets, a Titan made of nothing but bones grinding away-

Armies clashing against each other, one of top of the other-

The Temple of Time collapsing in on itself, firing a beacon into the sky, destroying a city in the clouds-

Six comets blazing through the sky-

Red eyes watching from the darkness-

Red eyes-

A figure clad in white and black armor, guiding Jungle Protectors across Okoto, team members falling one by one-

Ekimu, bleeding out on the floor before him-

Red eyes always watching-

-and then there was nothing.

-WATER REGION-

-JED CORRUICH, THE KINGSLAYER-

As he entered the hall, Lord Terrorsaur Rayne, Ruler of the Water Region, called to him: “KINGSLAYER!”

Suppressing a sigh at the title that he had earned ten years ago, Jed Corruich waved, walking over. He inclined his head respectively upon arriving. “My lord.”

“None of that,” Terrorsaur said, rolling his eyes. “You’re the Kingslayer. You don’t need to bow your head to anyone.”

“I appreciate keeping a low profile,” Jed replied, speaking softly. “If I had not, the Usurper would have banned me from his Council – or at the very least, never allowed me to leave the Ancient City dungeons after he arrested me. Besides… ‘Kingslayer’. It is a dangerous title to have at the best of times, which these are not.”

“I don’t think you need to worry,” Terrorsaur said, his expression darkening. “The Water Region isn’t doing much of anything.”

“Perhaps I should worry about you?” Jed asked. “It was you who killed the last Protector to slay a Mask Maker, I do believe. Bronze the Mask Breaker, poisoned by Lord Terrorsaur Rayne.”

“Allegedly.”

“Nothing alleged about it, you confessed. Alleged was your involvement with Lord Hinterland’s death shortly afterward.”

A smile flickered onto Terrorsaur’s face as he leaned back. “I’m sure that I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

Jed shook his head, rolling his eyes. “I checked up on the sailor’s reports as you asked. They appear to be telling the truth; Lord Burnmad is most likely receiving the same reports, and Lord Nato will undoubtedly be filling his own Ruler in upon his return.”

“You believe them, then?”

“Don’t you?”

Terrorsaur shrugged. “Perhaps…”

“I’ll put my birds to work and do some investigating, but before you ask, no, I will not attempt to contact Lord Nato,” Jed said, turning to leave. “Beyond the fact that he seems to grow more paranoid by the day, I’ll be needed in the Ancient City for an extended period of time. At the rate he’s going, his grace should count himself lucky if one of the regions doesn’t rebel.”

Terrorsaur snorted. “Well, it sure won’t be us. Rollor knows I would love to do something, instead of dealing with this endless deadlock. Keep Pulse alive, will you? House Rayne has invested thirty years into him now – I’d hate to see it go to waste.”

Jed glanced back at him, smirking. “Long live the King?”

“Aye. Long live the King.”

-STONE REGION-

-TURAGA IAREDIOS PAERKENON-

He poured over the texts of history as Vinheim Maran flipped through the latest news to drip through the political grapevine.

“What news?” Iaredios asked, deciding to give his eyes a quick rest from deciphering the half-erased symbols on the page.

“Masks of Power are missing across the island,” Vinheim said shortly. “Mask of Control, Mask of Light, both gone. Tekulo Briar from Jungle is missing as well. Dallior Qendroj is dead.”

“Perhaps you believe me now?” Iaredios asked. “Clearly, Lord Zatth’s untimely demise must be connected to all of this. He personally oversaw the production of our best antidotes, and yet died of poison, with no intruders detected.”

“Probably mixed up a bad batch of antidote,” Vinheim said. “Lord Zatth had not angered anyone recently.”

“No,” Iaredios murmured. “Only conspired with Dallior Qendroj, who admitted himself a traitor and attempted to kill his region’s ruler… perhaps it is for the best if Lord Zatth is dead after all. He did great things for this region, but eventually, all that is old must be replaced and join the shelves of history.”

Vinehim snorted. “Sure. Whatever you say.”

“Has a new ruler for our region stepped forward yet?” Iaredios asked.

“ShadowVezon, sounds like. Lord Zatth’s nephew, I think,” Vinheim muttered. “House Petros must be absolutely thrilled.”

-FIRE REGION-

-RULER BURNMAD AODH-

Lord Burnmad Aodh, Ruler of the Fire Region, sat by the fireplace and stared into the flickering flames. His chief advisor, General Dragonstar Ember, stood behind him, having just given his report on the current happenings of Okoto. Even further back, Toa Tahu stood sentry by the door.

“How is it,” Burnmad began, speaking slowly, “that our… companions in the Jungle have failed to keep the Mask of Control secure? How is it that Tekulo Briar has managed to vanish within our very own borders, completely undetected, with no clues as to whether he still survives?”

Dragonstar remained silent, understanding that the question was rhetorical.

By the door, Tahu spoke up in his gruff voice. “I don’t know about the lord vanishing, but if you though the Jungle Protectors were skilled enough to keep a Mask of Power safe, perhaps you are more foolish than I had believed.”

“You don’t give the Jungle enough credit,” Dragonstar said quickly, before an argument could form. “They fought us off for two years on their own. If it wasn’t for the Mask of Fire that you wear now, we might still be fighting.”

“You should have crushed them,” Tahu growled, ignoring Dragonstar. “They are weak, and cowardly, and will stab you in the back!”

“They would not dare,” Burnmad said. He spoke quietly, but his voice still carried throughout the room, with the strength of a conqueror behind it. “They tread thin ice. One wrong move, and I shall not hesitate to burn the rest of their civilization away. They understand this.”

He stood from his armchair and crossed the room, over to where a wooden table sat with a map of the island lain across it.

“Your suspicions may prove to be correct, however,” he said. “I will remain here, for now, and continue with our… plans. Dragonstar – I want you to travel north. Nato Greavesy has returned from his voyage. I do not trust the reports of our ships. Speak with Nato, and find the truth of the matter.”

“The ships reported crews from the Water Region as well,” Dragonstar replied. “Should I-”

“No.”

“Very well. If there is nothing else, my lord…?”

“You are free to go.”

-EARTH REGION-

-LUROKA QENDROJ-

As he entered the hall, the heads of every Protector and Skull Warrior present turned towards him. The only one to not visibly react to his arrival was Commander Kulta, seated in a throne-like chair at the end of the long table.

Conscious of Toa Onua’s hulking presence behind him, Luroka sat down at the only chair available, at the end opposite Commander Kulta. It appeared that he was the last to arrive… and the only member of House Qendroj invited. He glanced over to Onua, but the Toa of Earth remained silent.

“So good of you to join us, Luroka,” Commander Kulta said at last, their voice rasping and sending a chill up his spine, their red eyes boring into his own. “Your predecessor at this table, Lord Dallior… he often made a habit of being late as well. You would do well not to repeat his… mistakes.”

With every eye in the hall on him, Luroka slowly inclined his head before raising it again. “Thank you for the invitation, Commander. Will I be taking my lord’s place upon the Mask Maker’s Council?”

If it was possible, the Commander seemed to smirk, though objectively, Luroka knew that was impossible – after all, Kulta’s face was nothing more than a skull. “No.”

Luroka frowned. “No?”

“No,” Kulta repeated, a hint of cold amusement in their tone. “The Guardians must be Protectors who have proven their strength to others, which I am afraid no member of House Qendroj has managed to do. His grace ordered that the late Lord Dallior be the Earth Region’s representative on the Council, and despite our… worries, we conceded. But Lord Dallior proved himself disloyal, and paid the price. We will not place the fate of the Mask Maker back into the hands of House Qendroj, no. Kelotu Zemlja will be taking Lord Dallior’s place as the Earth Guardian.”

Roughly halfway down the table, an unfamiliar Protector gave Luroka a cheery wave. Luroka leaned forward, fighting not to let his frustration show on his face. “What role am I to take, then? You cannot just lock House Qendroj out entirely.”

Lord Toru Sevoi, sitting on Commander Kulta’s right-hand side, snorted derisively, but did not comment.

Kulta’s gleaming red eyes flickered. “You will be the Earth Region’s new Diplomat. I trust that you will find the position… suitable.”

Luroka swallowed as one of the other Earth Protectors stood, their chair clattering to the floor. They ignored the warning looks the Protectors near them sent their way, pointing at Kulta. “You can’t do that! I have done nothing wrong, nothing that gives you the excuse to replace me!”

The Commander’s head tilted to the side as they considered the Protector – Tehutti Zemlja, the current Diplomat. Luroka knew him to be rather headstrong, and of all the members of House Zemlja, Tehutti was the most sympathetic towards House Qendroj, and his poor opinion of the Skull Warriors was well-known.

“I am afraid you have, dear Tehutti,” Kulta said, their voice turning into a hiss. “You died.”

At the Commander’s words one of the Skull Warriors stepped out of the shadows, and thrust its sword through Tehutti’s back. Every Protector seated at the table – including Luroka himself – flinched as the sword pierced through Tehutti’s chest. Luroka clenched his hands together under the table, trying to stop them from shaking as the Skull Warrior slowly pushed Tehutti off of its blade and stepped back.

Tehutti slumped onto the table, clutching at the gaping wound in his torso and coughing up blood as he convulsed once – and twice – and then he was still, the light in his eyes fading.

Kulta’s gleaming red eyes slowly gazed around the hall. “Does anyone else feel that they should be… replaced?”

“No, Commander,” they all said in unison.

The Skull Grinder nodded, standing; the Protectors at the table did so as well, with Luroka scrambling to keep in time with them.

Again, he could have sworn the Skull Grinder was smirking at them, despite that not being possible.

“I call an end to this meeting. With me now,” the Skull Grinder rasped. “What is dead may never die!”

“What is dead may never die!”

-WATER REGION-

-?-

A figure clad in white and black armor, with a pure white Protector Mask and shrouded in a hooded black cloak, stood at the edge of a cliff in the Water Region, looking over the waves.

He turned at the sound of footsteps, spotting a figure in blue armor walking towards him. Once the newcomer was beside him, he spoke. “You came, then.”

The blue figure inclined their head. “As did you. The Skull Spiders?”

“In position,” said the first, nodding further down the cliff, where a massive form could be seen. “The Lord of Skull Spiders will be helping us from up here.”

“The Hunter?”

“Down below, under the seabed.”

“Very well then.”

The first figure began to concentrate, shutting his bright blue eyes as magic and powers that he had not used for over three hundred years began to flow through him once more. Beside him, the blue figure did the same, and they both fell to their knees as their task immediately began to take its toll.

They fought against the urge to give in, despite their muscles screaming in protest, as a massive shape began to rise out of the water down below, inches at a time.

For the next hour they did this, dragging the shape up out of the water. Bit by bit, piece by piece, the shapes became buildings, and streets, until at last, a long-lost city had been returned to its rightful place.

An ancient wrong put right. A sacrifice unburned.

The two figures sank to the ground completely, leaning against each other as they stared at the city that had been erased from history to protect it and who lay within its heart.

“Ignika City,” the blue figure said, a content smile on his face. “The City of the Mask Makers… we’ve done it. Once the Hunter fixes the foundations….”

“You’ll speak with the Protectors of Water?” the first figure asked.

The blue figure nodded. “I will. You?”

“I have some travelling to do, before I can join you out in the open.”

“Don’t I know it.”

Together, the two figures stood, and clasped hands, their eyes still on the long lost City of the Mask Makers.

Ignika City.

The first figure sighed. “And now it begins.”

END EPISODE ZERO.

And now the game begins!

NOTES:

-Communication can be done by sending an NPC messenger, if you want to do other things while waiting for people to receive your message.

-Each player has their own objectives; most of these should fit in with your region and/or faction, though some (or all?) factions and regions have their own objectives.

-I apologize in advance for any mistakes I make – and I will make them, because this game is rather large, in case you hadn’t noticed yet.

-Episode One will end February 7th, unless otherwise stated. It might end earlier if I find that more is occurring than expected.

I encourage you to find and unlock Okoto’s secrets before your time runs out.

After all, this is the Game of Thrones…

…and All Men Must Die.

Good luck!

Episode One begins NOW!

• Upvote 12