[Render] Ice Planet Exploration Mech

The Mugbearer

32722554726_b5edc81a8f_c.jpg

%5BRender%5D Ice Planet Mech by Artemiy Karpinskiy, on Flickr

An Ice Planet exploration mech based off the concept art from this page.
Took me about 18 hours to render this monster. :D

Back view | Cockpit

If you like what I do and you want to see me create your OC, a favorite Bionicle Character, or something else, feel free to look up my
Commission Info! I also now have a Patreon page, so please consider supporting!

• Upvote 8

Firstly, this is really cool (ha), and I particularly like the dual-function hands.

Secondly, I cannot shake the feeling that it looks like a duck from the waist down. Those feet, mate. (not that resembling a duck is in any way a bad thing)

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Omg. Ice planet.

I love the shaping to it, rounded cockpits don't get enough love (for obvious hard-to-build reasons). I really like how you used the Ice Planet saws and skis, does a lot to evoke that theme while still keeping it contemporary.

I do wish it was even more Ice Planet 2002-y, though. Like if it had a satellite launcher or something. That said, still looks dope.

Edited by Ta-metru_defender

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

This is absolutely beautiful and if it were a set I would totally buy it.

Man, it's been a while since I said that.  Feels pretty good.

(Where'd you get the skis?  The greebles make them look Bionicle-y, but I don't recall any sets that could've used them.)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I do wish it was even more Ice Planet 2002-y, though. Like if it had a satellite launcher or something. That said, still looks dope.

Well, it kinda has rocket boosters for better mobility. Does that count? :P

This is absolutely beautiful and if it were a set I would totally buy it.

Man, it's been a while since I said that.  Feels pretty good.

(Where'd you get the skis?  The greebles make them look Bionicle-y, but I don't recall any sets that could've used them.)

Thank you! It's this piece. Seem to be majorly present in helicopters and such.

Well, it kinda has rocket boosters for better mobility. Does that count? :P

Mebbe a little? More I wanna see this or this piece. But maybe that's just the nostalgia talking.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Do you mind if I copy the base design for the hands? They are really amazing! I just can't put into words how much I love them. The body is really cool and I like the jets on the back, too.

However... it has duck feet. That's my only gripe. Great work here, I hope you can try to make some other stuff from that concept art in the future!

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Do you mind if I copy the base design for the hands? They are really amazing! I just can't put into words how much I love them. The body is really cool and I like the jets on the back, too.

However... it has duck feet. That's my only gripe. Great work here, I hope you can try to make some other stuff from that concept art in the future!

Sure, you can use my works as inspiration for your own. That's why I post them. =)

What's wrong with his feet???

• Upvote 1

Sure, you can use my works as inspiration for your own. That's why I post them. =)

What's wrong with his feet???

The ankles are really tiny and the feet look like a duck's feet with a bit less webbing. It's nothing wrong, it just looks a bit goofy and doesn't quite go with the rest of the MOC, which uses primarily blue and white with some orange accents.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Ayy, apparently this model got featured on the frontpage on February the 7th. ^^  Would've been great if there could be any kind of indication that I got featured: a notification or PM, but that's technicalities.

Yeah, they don't really let you know when your topics get featured; it's happened to me twice and I only found out after either seeing the "Featured" button next to the topic name in its respective forum or by going to the homepage.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge