Kaukau Misprint Confusion?

Sykes Normatus

OKAY So. I just got a mask in the mail the other day, that I'd purchased under the assumption it was what the seller had listed it as. A Trans-Medium Blue misprint. I thought to myself, "This isn't like the pictures for the Trans-Light Blue or 'icy blue' kaukau.. I need it!" The Trans-Medium Blue color happens to be one of my favorites from the transparent colors Lego produces naturally. So I asked the seller to cut the price down, since it was listed at 99 Euros.. seemed a bit too high. And my gut told me right. Upon receiving it, I found that I'd purchased the same icy blue "Light Blue" kaukau misprint I'd had since 2006. So I have to ask here, since I'm not sure where else to ask, but IS there a Trans-Medium Blue misprinted Kaukau at all? I've contacted all the other members on BrickLink selling the same listing for pictures, and each one looks like the Light blue misprint.

In short, do these look the same, or is there a different colored misprint I'm not seeing online?

post-19011-0-42967900-1486832371_thumb.jpg

Credit to Toa TiliusforTahuand the protodermis pool!
Thanks to Krazy Matev for Rocky!

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't exist in that color. Never has. They just listed it under the wrong color.

So then I can assume I was overcharged for something I already had?

You are correct, my good sir.

Well, the guy was kind enough to give me a refund, but the big chunk was from shipping, which he didn't include.. But that aside, thanks for the clearing up on the misconception of a medium blue kaukau.

Credit to Toa TiliusforTahuand the protodermis pool!
Thanks to Krazy Matev for Rocky!

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't exist in that color. Never has. They just listed it under the wrong color.

So then I can assume I was overcharged for something I already had?

You are correct, my good sir.

Well, the guy was kind enough to give me a refund, but the big chunk was from shipping, which he didn't include.. But that aside, thanks for the clearing up on the misconception of a medium blue kaukau.

You're quite welcome.

For future reference, here's a guide to all the rare misprints and collectibles, just in case you run into another situation like this.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Technically, the name for that "trans-icy blue" color is "trans-medium blue" on Bricklink. "Trans-light blue" is the name of the color of Ekimu's mask there, a color the Kaukau was never produced in. So the mistake is actually your own, I'm afraid.

• Upvote 1