Project Protodermis

GoSP

Discussion TopicProfile Topic

ppg2.png

So, you think you have what it takes to be a Dark Hunter? To join and thrive among the most skilled and treacherous mercenaries the Matoran Universe has ever seen? Well line up, because they’re recruiting.

You will play this game as a recent recruit / conscript to the Dark Hunters, but to make it to the big time, where the real adventure and treasure start flowing in, you will need to prove your worth. For the Dark Hunters, the recruitment process is like throwing a bunch of junk into energised protodermis: a lot will get destroyed or turn out useless, but with a bit of luck, they might just get something useful at the end of it.

You will be put through your paces with a rigorous testing and training regime to bring you up to speed before you get your most important chance to prove yourself to The Shadowed One. You will be sent on your first mission with a team of other new recruits codenamed Project Protodermis.

Your mission will be to retrieve the Makoki Stone from Metru Nui, where it is being held by Lhikan and the other Toa Mangai. The Shadowed One plans to split the stone into six pieces and auction off each one to the highest bidder. If you are successful, one half of the selling price will be split among the team, and each member will be presented with their own unique weapon as the final step in their initiation as a full Dark Hunter.

Game Info:

General:

This game will take place in the year 1,999 BGC, just after the Toa/Dark Hunter War ended, on the islands of Odina and Metru Nui.

After the first mission is completed, other missions may be given, depending on player interest and how long it takes to get to that point.

Locations:

The island of Odina is 55 kio long by 37.2 kio wide. For reference, that’s a bit bigger than Metru Nui both ways (47.6 kio by 24 kio).

ppom.png

• Most of the island is surrounded by steep cliffs, leading into a ring of mountains filled with rocky slopes and precipitous canyons. This makes entry very difficult and time-consuming, except by flight.
  • To the northwest of the island, the cliffs are replaced by a putrid swampy marshland where mangrove thickets block access by sea. There is a way through to the island’s only dock, but it is hidden and well guarded.
  • From the dock, a narrow path winds through an area where the mountains are lower and less treacherous. This provides the the main way through to the island’s interior
  • The southern half of the island is taken up by the Dark Hunter Fortress, a maze of living stone that rearranges itself at the Shadowed One’s whim. The sheer scale of the fortress dwarfs all others: it is larger than the entire islands of Destral and Daxia combined.
  • The city-sized stronghold isn’t just headquarters for the Dark Hunters, it holds everything. Factories, workshops, prisons, treasuries, command posts, training facilities, labs, storehouses, and quarters enough for every Dark Hunter and all of the enslaved Matoran who work on the island. Everything is carved from the massive, extinct volcano that once dominated the island.
  • Ringing the outside of the fortress are a number of smaller defence towers, each connected to the main structure by covered tunnels. Each of these towers is a semi-autonomous base in its own right, and they are often used as headquarters for various projects of the Dark Hunters. One such compound will house Project Protodermis.

ppcm2.png

The main features of the compound are (clockwise from top):
  • The central tower, which is home to Nidhiki and a number of other Dark Hunters, but is off-limits to the trainees.
  • The obstacle courses, where the trainees will meet a number of challenges and hone their skills.
  • The barracks, where the trainees will live together, and spend time when they are not training.
  • The slave quarters, home to the Matoran who work in and maintain the compound.
  • The holding cells, used for rahi or troublesome recruits.
  • A tunnel connecting the central tower back to the main Dark Hunter fortress.
  • The combat arena
  • The armoury
  • The storehouse
Character Creation:

Name:
Codename:
Species:
Appearance:
Powers:
Backstory:
Tools:
Skills:

You can create your own custom character for this game, or make this game the backstory for how one of the canon hunters came to join (within reason).

Before play begins, each character will need to be approved by a GM. Characters that would break the game (like a Makuta) or whose presence would break the BIONICLE story (like a bohrok) will not be approved. Use your own common sense here.

Rules:
  • Follow the forum rules
  • Play your best
  • Don’t be a jerk to other players
  • Follow the combat rules as outlined for the BZPRPG (Sections 3-5 and Common Sense)
Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 8

ppg2.png

IC (Shadowboxer): Krahua woke up and groaned. He stared up at the distant barracks roof, and thought to himself that he could probably count all of his bruises just lying there. Learning how to use a sword from a Dark Hunter codenamed Phantom was certainly not a gentle process. Not the he had expected it to be, but… He groaned again and sat up.

The door to the barracks banged open, revealing Toa Nidhiki standing there, scythe in hand. A chill breeze blew through the room, rousing the rest of the trainees from their slumber.

“Alright recruits, up and going!” the Toa of air shouted. “You’ll run two laps of the wall for every bio of your height – rounding up, Smasher! Speed and endurance are key in the life of a Hunter, and you will develop them! Go, go, go!”

Krahua threw off his blanket and shuffled towards the door. He knew better than to mumble the curses running through his mind.

Edited by The Lorax
  • Upvote 2

ppg2.png

IC: Waveahk "Commander "(Odina, Project Protodermis Compound, Barracks)

Awakening from his slumber, Wakeahk tried to remember how tall he was, but then decided he'd just do as many as he could, stopping shy of passing out. He climbed down from his bunk and lumbered after the Kra-Matoran, following him to the door, eyes half closed.

Edited by Toru Nui

IC: Nilauhk - Project Compound, Barracks

Nilauhk remained silent as she rose, the only sign of life from under her helmet being a slight groan as she sat up. Checking to make sure that all of her few belongings--primarily her polearm--and her armour were both with her and intact. Briefly stretching her shoulders, Nilauhk followed behind the others at an almost mechanical pace.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: 

The burden of rulership weighs heavy on those blessed to have it, Zaryna thought, flipping the blanket off and sitting bolt upright with perceptive urgency. She glanced around and took in the sight of the other recruits, then shook her head gently. Which of them would fail the upcoming tests? And which would become her mission partners? She guessed the matoran would fail, then rose. Before heading out the door with he others, however, she compulsively made her bed. Even in the desolation of Odina there had to be a standard of neatness, even if just for herself. 

As an Akula, Zaryna was endowed with physical prowess—speed and strength, muscle and height. That last one would be a double-edged sword that morning and the cause for her to run around the complex six times. Thankfully, the other attributes would balance it out fairly well. 

It was time to kick off another day with some good old exercise. No complaints there, she thought, heading out the door and into the chilly morning air. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua

--IC: Idgaddiy and Skondh--

Idgaddiy lay on a high bunk of the room he and Skondh shared with the other new arrivals, toying with the vibrate switch on Verberator.  He had not slept all night- the Cunal needed no sleep- but had spent the night instead plotting... plots.

When the door burst open, he turned his head sharply to see the Toa of Air- Idgaddiy hadn't memorized his name yet- standing there barking an order.  "All right, recruits," he bellowed, "up and going!  You'll run two laps of the wall for every bio of your height- rounding up, Smasher!" he added, directing this last comment at another occupant of the room.  "Speed and endurance are key in the life of a Hunter, and you will develop them!  Go, go, go!"

As the trainees milled about, preparing for their exercise, Idgaddiy slid off of his bunk and started nudging Skondh awake- he had not woken when the Toa made his announcement.  "Skondh, wake up," he hissed, nudging with increasing strength.  After numerous attempts, he simply leaned close to the Vemosai's ear and said, "Steaks!"

Skondh sat up so fast his head nearly hit the bottom of the bunk above him.  "STeaKS?  WHeRe?" he said sleepily.

"There are no steaks, Skondh," Idgaddiy said.  "Not yet.  We need to run a few laps first; then we can have steaks."

"aLL RiGHT," muttered Skondh.  He flopped out of bed and groggily followed Idgaddiy out the door.

Edited by capMARVELOUS

IC: Erox

The sound of the door opening followed by Nidhiki's yelling promptly woke me up from my admmitedly not very deep sleep.

I couldn't actually remember my height, so I assumed it was about 2.5 bio.

My tired mind attempted work out 3 times 2.5.

I stumbled out of bed, stretching my arms and groaning, the bruises and pains suddenly making their existences known.

Ironically, running was rather easy for me now. Still though, 7 and a half laps is a lot.

I walked away from my bed, looking at some of the other recruits. I didn't even know Matoran could join the Hunters. The Akula caught my eye, she seemed particularly out of her normal area. She seemed far too regal to be training to become one of Odina's greatest mercenaries.

Edited by Aussie Bane

IC: Corrivalis (Whisper) - Compound, Barracks. 

Corri was quickly growing to dislike Toa Nidhiki.

He was a cruel, uncreative, simple-minded being, and awfully imperious for a disgraced Toa who hadn't even been able to betray his own kind properly. Sometimes, she wondered if the tasks he set were just some twisted means of frustratedly punishing the recruits for his own past failings. 

She took her time getting ready, leisurely pulling on her boots and weapon belt, followed by her Kanohi. "Why are speed and endurance key?" she asked the Toa as she made her way out, "Surely we should be leaning how to do our jobs well, instead of just being taught how to run as far and as fast as we can after screwing things up?"

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC (Nidhiki): "Because you will screw up" Nidhiki growled back. "You can train all you like, but you are all still new to this, and in the heat of battle, mistakes will be made. You must be prepared to deal with the consequences."

"Further, physical fitness is important in itself, and attaining it will help when it comes to developing your finer skills. Missions will require prolonged physical exertion, for which you must be prepared. Being fit of body also increases mental acuity and concentration, which will be important in minimising your screw ups. Now get out of here, before you've screwed around so long you've been left behind. When you're done, I'll see you all at the obstacle course." The Toa of air turned on his heel and marched out, leaving the trainees to 

IC (Shadowboxer): Krahua ducked out of the way as several of the larger species trooped past him, nearly crushing him underfoot, or so it seemed to him. The top of his mask didn't reach too far above their knees, and every one of their strides was longer than his whole body. He was soon left behind in their dust.

With the titans gone, Krahua found himself running near to someone more his size - a fellow Matoran even. Determinedly, he fought to keep up with her, and tried to strike up a conversation to distract himself from his burning legs.

"Do you think those giants would even notice if they stepped on us? We must look like mere fikou from up there."

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC: Corrivalis (Whisper) - Compound, Barracks. 

"Not an optimist either," she noted, watching the receding form of the traitorous Toa for a moment longer before turning away, and beginning her laps of the compound. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Waveahk "Commander" (Odina, Project Protodermis Compound, Barracks)

Coming to conclusion that everyone here except him was idiotic for the thirtieth time this week, the mutant Steltian followed the brown warrior out of the barracks and commenced doing his laps.

Edited by Toru Nui

IC: Nilauhk

It took a moment for Nilauhk to respond, a moment just long enough that Krahua might've started to question wether or not she had even listened to him.

"...Perhaps. It can give us the element of surprise, though."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Idgaddiy kept at a slow pace, staying close to Skondh while he shook off his grogginess.  They'd speed up eventually, but for now, they went slow.

At the pace he was going, Idgaddiy was unable to examine the faster initiates, but there would be a time for that later.  His attention drifted to the two Matoran jogging next to each other- they seemed to have initiated a conversation- and to the blue Steltian Elite, whom he only managed to glimpse before he started running quickly around the wall.

Skondh was not in the mood to observe anything except his own feet.  He stared down at them as he sleepily shuffled alongside Idgaddiy.  The mantra "RuN FaST, GeT STeaKS" ran through his head as he moved at a slowly increasing rate.

IC: Kohu -  Running Laps

Wake up, run 6 laps round the wall in the morning, then proceed with training and recharge. That was the daily life of a dark hunter, excluding when he's on a mission of course. Some felt the need to complain about this, but the truth was that if one intended to live as a mercenary they needed to be in peak condition. That meant running laps every working day for the rest of their lives. It was either that or get lazy, and lazy bounty hunters often ended up dead.

I paced my run, pushing myself to go a bit faster than yesterday, but not so hard that I'd overtax myself. At this rate I was well ahead of the Matoran and the slower trainees, but behind some of the more eager candidates. Didn't matter though, the only person I had to beat right now was myself. This was my life now, no this is what my life has always been like, so I might as well get better at it.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

IC: Hijack

The parasitic being that was Hijack did not rest as their fellow recruits did. Instead, they simply sat there, far within the barracks, in a meditative pose they'd found to be useful for clearing their mind and focusing on their goals. For now, their goal was to pass any challenge thrown at them. And so, calculating quickly that it was around three laps they had to run, they calmly stood up, their movements not quite natural for a humanoid, and then with similarly uncanny movement, they walked outside to start their laps. 

Edited by Onaku Greavesy

IC: Sukiru (Sting) - Barracks

As the Hunters rolled out of bed and filed out, one figure remained casually sitting up in bed, picking her hideous teeth with the point of a dagger. Her predatory eyes watched Nidhiki with a sense of utter disinterest, just waiting to see what might make this waste of time worth her effort.

IC (Huntsman): Acanon had left his arrival to Odina as late as he could, and had only arrived in the compound after dark on the previous night. If he was to be bound for ten millennia of servitude, he had been determined to enjoy his last few hours of freedom before the training camp began. He knew that others had been brought in earlier, and so might have a head start on him, but had still waited until the first official day of the new recruits' shared training camp.

Acanon found himself roughly keeping pace with a cluster of the taller beings in the group. There was on that looked like a fellow Murau, though blue and strangely mutated. Also present was a Vortixx with mechanical legs and a rifle on his back. At the front of the group ran a sleek and shark-like woman, and just behind her... Acanon rubbed at his sleepy eyes to get a better view. His former comrade had changed in the 75,000 years since they had last seen each other, and yet, Acanon's conviction grew that it was indeed him. 

"Kohu" he breathed. "My old friend."

Edited by GoSP

ppg2.png

IC: Kohu - Running confused

The mere sight of my former lieutenant, Acanon catching up to me, the one person I never expected to see here of all people, threw me out of my focus. Ancient routines brought themselves to the surface as if I had learned them just days ago and for one moment, I was back serving under the six kingdoms again.

"SIR, YES SIR!"

I called out on reflex. In truth though I was glad to see Acanon, and on my face was the closest thing to a smile I had sported in millenia.

Between Acanon besides me and Zaryna ahead of me I could only wonder about how things had changed from the days of the six kingdoms. 70,000 years was a long time, during that time my Iden had broke, I got my new powers, swapped my mottled brown armour for grey, and I realized that combat was the only time I felt alive. How had time Changed Acanon?

"How did you end up on Odina sir?"

IC (Huntsman): "At ease, soldier" Acanon laughed, "We're not in the league anymore". He clapped his new and former comrade on the shoulder, and now they were running side by side.

"But we will be again, and that's why I'm here. Our crabby king and the other barraki weren't killed, only captured and imprisoned. I've been looking for them ever since. Now, the Dark Hunters will join the cause. In exchange for my service, The Shadowed One will have them found and broken out."

He had to stop speaking for a minute as the group came to the southern end of the compound, where the wall met the huge stone tunnel that led back to the main Dark Hunter fortress. A set of stairs was carved into the steep stone, allowing them to go over, but though Acanon's long legs could take the stairs five at a time, he had to stop talking and breathe harder until they reached the top.

ppg2.png

IC: Kohu - Running and thinking.

Also keeping silent to focus on running, I took a moment to focus on what Acanon had said. A return of the Barraki? Could the shadowed one find them? Would he find them? ... No, no he would not. The thought brought a grimace to my face. Odina was not a place where dreams came true, especially dreams of the Six Kingdoms. No, Odina's the place where dreams died. I turned away for a moment but soon realized we were at the top of the tunnel, we could speak again. Maybe Acanon had good reason to believe the Shadowed one could find Carapar.

"How do you know The Shadowed One can find the Barraki?"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

IC: Corrivalis (Whisper) - Compound Perimeter. 

As she reached the halfway mark of her second lap, Corri found her mind idly drifting.

There was much for her to think about these days - what she'd be doing now if she hadn't left Stelt, whether her fellow recruits were going to kill her in her sleep, how best to escape the compound if she ever needed to flee this place, and how to get off Odina itself if a Dark Hunter's life proved unsuitable for her. 

After a full lap, Skondh had finally fully shaken off his grogginess.  Exercise really did help wake one up.  Turning to his boss, he said, "HeY iDGaDDiY, i'LL RaCe You aRouND THe WaLL.  FiRST To FiNiSH THeiR LaPS WiNS."

"Deal," Idgaddiy said.  "If you win, I'll make sure there's an extra steak for you at breakfast."

With an incentive to win firmly in his mind, Skondh began hurtling himself forward, using both his legs and his arms to propel himself forward.  Idgaddiy sprinted next to him, keeping just above his bodyguard's pace.

IC (Shadowboxer): "That's true, I suppose" Krahua replied. In truth, he often surprised himself. It had only been a handful days, after all, since that black night when he had escaped from the lab. In that time, he had been transformed from a meek Matoran in a dead-end job to an empowered and strong-willed Dark Hunter determined to make his own life for his own ends. It was a major shift for him, but he had also found something within himself that revelled in the new life, and the chance to assert himself.

"No one expects Matoran Dark Hunters because the other species a bigger, stronger, more powerful, where we have to get in on our skills and brains. We have to be the best. We will be the best. We'll make our mark."

ppg2.png

IC: Erox (Specialist) - Running laps

I began to pace myself, running at a decent speed but not fast enough that I outran any of the others. There wasn't really any rush.

A couple of them had started talking amongst themselves, apparently about the League and such.

My eyes went back to the shark. Despite not usually feeling the need to speak, I was curious as to what she was doing here.

I sped up a little, so that I was a little bit behind the Akula.

"So, what's an Akula doing in the Dark Hunters?" I asked.

OOC: That's Zaryna btw

Edited by Aussie Bane

IC: Lukasi

One of the new recruits had been up and awake before any of the others. He had gotten less than an hour of sleep, sleeping for a few minutes at a time. Now he was bounding around the running track at an incredible pace, nearly sending the Matoran spiraling with the amounts of wind generated by his jog. It was no great strain on him by any means, and he was done the fastest.

"In my opinion, they're a little short" He said, striding past the Matoran Krahua and and stepping up the stairs.

IC:

Zaryna spared an instantaneous glance at Erox, alerted to his presence well in advance of his speaking by the noticeably nearing footfalls. "Currently, I'm running," Zaryna said in an exhale. Like most of the other recruits, she was in shape and wasn't having a difficult time running, though she was still conserving her vigor with practiced measured breathing to keep the oxygen going. Talking would complicate that, so she kept her replies simple.

"But in general,"—inhaaaaale— "I'm looking for a purpose." If this recruit was a Vortixx he looked nothing like the men she saw on Xia. Whatever happened for him to earn his extensive augments must have been severe—immolation rhotuka-severe. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Corrivalis (Whisper) - Compound, Obstacle Course. 

Finishing off her laps, Corri made her way over to the obstacle course, where Nidhiki had told them to meet. 

IC: Hijack

At first, Hijack's running looked janky and quite frankly ridiculous. Then, they started picking up the pace. And then they started really running, and the ridiculousness of their motions turned into an uncanny and somewhat horrendous display of disregard for how humanoid motion was supposed to work. And that was how Hijack kept running, until in record time, they had finished their three laps, slowing down to a moderate sprinting speed on their way to the obstacle course.

IC: Erox (Specialist) - Running laps

Where she was looking for a purpose, I joined because I saw no other way forward.

Without legs, and indeed, with prosthetics, I was a freak. And freaks... generally don't do any better than with the Dark Hunters.

She seemed as if she had the luxury to choose where she wanted to be. Perhaps that worked against her, she never felt like she belonged.

"Who were you with before?" I paused inbetween the sentence to breathe.

Idgaddiy and Skondh had finally finished their laps.  Idgaddiy seemed fine, with no outward signs of exertion- though any signs would be hidden beneath his suit- but Skondh's chest was heaving as he gulped down large breaths.

"I think I finished slightly before you," Idgaddiy said, unsheathing Verberator and examining it while his partner caught his breath.

"So No eXTRa STeaK?" Skondh asked through his panting.

"No," replied Idgaddiy.  "Now come on.  That Toa of Air wants us at the obstacle course."  He shoved his dagger back in its sheath and began to make his way there, Skondh lumbering behind him.

IC: 

"Before the Dark Hunters?"—inhaaaale—"I was a raider." The close of her final lap was coming up so Zarya's pace slowed to a quick jog and her breathing grew less intense; indeed, other recruits were already finishing their runs. 

"But that was my circumstantial hobby, not my purpose. Before then, I was a vassal ruler in Pridak's empire." Her eyes shimmered slightly in the momentary pleasure of remembering the bygone glory days of rulership and conquest—true conquest—and of seeing her king in action. If there was an epitome of divine superiority and strength, it was he. That, not racial connections, was why she followed him. 

Back in the present, her eyes dimmed to normalcy. Things weren't the same anymore. 

IC: Erox (Specialist) - Also finishing his laps

It looked like my previous assumptions were correct, she was of some nobility.

I didn't know very much about the league, besides that Xia supplied a lot of weapons to them, like many powers.

I was getting close to finishing my laps.

"I'm from Xia." I said.

IC: 

The slowing pace afforded Zaryna a closer look at Erox and his intricacies, and while her run ground to a halt her mind worked out what she could of him. Xia had been part of Pridak's empire, and while the land Zaryna ruled was not on it she was part of several "trade" missions to the industrial island, so she understood a good deal about their culture and natives, like Erox.

Most of his legs were artificial and ill-fitting to a Vortixx's natural posture, which reinforced the idea that they were added after he lost his legs. As a male he would have been sorted into lower rungs of society by default unless he could prove himself to be somewhat worth more, an impossibility after sustaining such injuries, and the technology bestowed on him was notably un-Xian despite some few similarities. He wouldn't have been brought to the Dark Hunters if he was without worth, though, so despite the obvious handicap that separated him from the Vortixx Zaryna admired she chose not to doubt his ability. And, after all, he did keep up with her on the run. 

"Indulge me, which took your legs? The factories or the Mountain?" she asked, finally. Neither was more prestigious than the other, but it would at least cast a sliver more light on his past. Not that it mattered, truly, but if this man was worth an ounce more respect than the rest of the rabble about her, she would want to certify it.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC (Shadowboxer): Krahua was a little taken aback at the sudden vehemence in the other Matoran's voice. Sure, Steltians could be stupid, but so could anyone. For a long time, he had been stupid himself. The new clarity brought on by the shadows had showed him that. But calling the Steltians scum, that was the telling part. This Ga-Matoran must have some history with them, history so bad it left her with a grudge on whole species.

"There are plenty who would call you and I scum too, for being here, and doing what we do. What makes them worse?"

ppg2.png

IC (Huntsman): "The Dark Hunters could track a mote of dust across a desert, if they so desired." Acanon asserted proudly. He allowed himself none of the doubts Kohu had. The next 10,000 years wouldn't be bearable if he did. "The only issue is giving The Shadowed One that desire, and his desires don't come cheap."

ppg2.png

IC: Erox (Specialist) - Nearly finished

I sighed, recalling the event. I had been working in the industrial works of Xia, on weapons as usual. Then, one of the many protosteel saws used to cut the metal, screeched, and then fell.

The nerve pain where my legs used to be reminded me of what happened next.

I closed my eyes, grimacing at the thought.

The mountain on the other hand, was a significantly less traumatic event. I had returned with my partner, who was an old friend of mine. I was given a much nicer place in the factories, away from the fire and flames.

"It...was the factories. An accident, with the equipment. Damage was so severe that they had to cut them off. When the Dark Hunters came, they offered resources to give me new legs....along with a new life."

IC: 

She noted that, along with the apparent aspects of his ingenuity and opportunism. Xians understood the general nature of the Dark Hunters, so this man would doubtlessly realize the pitfalls of admission to them—and yet he accepted their terms regardless, which could not have been easy considering their bestowment of new legs and "life." 

Though she was still curious about one particular point. "Did you climb the mountain?" Zaryna asked. Vortixx in general appealed to her. Even the... broken ones.