Project Protodermis

GoSP

IC: Zaryna

"Perhaps, or perhaps not. Travesties have happened, even to the matoran who still worship him," the Akula stated. "The universe suffers, and yet its deity seems more unconcerned than ever before. Still, it's true that he ostensibly favors the little ones. Of that, I am jealous." 

She methodically folded the oiled cloth and then stuffed it into a crevice in her armor before standing up. "This has been an enjoyable diversion, Kohu, and I'm sure I've sufficiently satisfied your desire to interview me, for now at least."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Kohu (Ghost)

I gave a brief bow, the sort I had been told to do when interacting with Pridaks royalty. "Indeed, it's been good to hear from a fellow League member"

With that I left the Akula to her own devices. As I walked away I scanned the rest of the Barracks for hunters. 

OOC: Guess I'm up for interaction with other people now.

IC: Sukiru (Sting) - Barracks

"Well stop it. I'm too tired to gouge out your eyes."

She tried to pretend the compliment wasn't flattering, though a shimmer of pleasant light raced down her spines.

--IC: Idgaddiy and Skondh--

"Oh my," said Idgaddiy.  "I'm very sorry that you were taken.  Skakdi tend to do nasty things like that."

Before cramming more eggs in his mouth, Skondh said, "You LiVeD CLoSe To THe SKaKDi FoR a WHiLe, iDGaDDiY, So You SHouLD HaVe SoMe GooD iNSiGHT oN TheiR NaSTiNeSS."

IC: Abominable

The rahi turned toward the Cunal with disdain clear in its voice. It next words were surprising, even for itself.

“Do you? Do you really know what it's like to be taken? To be shackled and forced to kill? To be left behind... left to bear the brunt of the your people's loss?” Konu-To looks at its warped and twisted limbs, forever warped by energized Protodermis' cruel embrace. It flexed its claws, cracking the ice that lay permanently affixed.

“They took me. They hurt me. They changed me,” It said, looking up at it's compatriots.

waffleman2010.png

*Click Banner to go to the Sikza Spriting Kit topic

Idgaddiy laid a hand on Konu-To's shoulder.  "Yes, I know what that's like," he blatantly lied.  "I was kidnapped from my home by the Skakdi; I was enslaved, made to walk on filthy land; and I was even forced to kill two of my brothers.  I'm very sorry that you had to experience that as well.  But worry no more, dear Konu-To, for you are among friends now.  And Skondh and I would never put you through your past trauma again."

A quick venomous glare at Skondh silently communicated what Idgaddiy could not say aloud: Not one word about how that's false.

The Akula exulted herself at Kohu's slight obeisance, delighted by the sincere, if minor and outdated, expression of protocol. It had been an immensely long time since anyone bowed to the exiled princess, groveling kowtows by subjugated villagers notwithstanding. With a single appreciative nod she dismissed the appellate mercenary—now peer—to be along on his way, and returned her attention to matters at hand.

But there were none.

She was no longer a ruler holding court and it took a moment of discerning before she fully grounded herself in the present. The sun, beating down on her brow; the ground, tossed up in waves of fine dust by the wind; the the wind, blowing about her diminutive stone seat to remind her that it was neither a throne nor protected by a palatial walls; all these things struck her simultaneously to deliver a crushing narrative. Crestfallen, the Akula warlord pulled her wits back and accepted her setting.

It was not that she desired to be in command. She did not envy Nidhiki because, competent though he was, he possessed little to be jealous of. He was a trainer, a teacher for mass-recruited washouts to ready them for wasting themselves in missions beyond their control. In the Dark Hunters there were no kings or queens of parcels of land, only of dung and sweat and grime, and Nidhiki was not even a princeling in the midst of all these beings. This all stood in stark contrast to the memorial illusions Zaryna had entertained moments earlier, and yet that was where she found herself. No, Zaryna wanted something besides authority, which she had hinted at in her conversations with Kohu. She effortlessly drew respect to her and moved with grace and power already; these things were not her desires, either. 

The Dark Hunters were often deployed in teams, yet it was known and accepted that every Dark Hunter, regardless of one's position or partner, was alone. And yet, among those recruited for Project Protodermis, Zaryna was the only one to appear, truly and deeply, lonely. She craved belonging to someone, some ideal, to give her remarkable self to. Her king was gone, her god had all but disregarded her, and she learned that serving herself was as fruitless as her vapid murderous whims. 

Zaryna sought a purpose above all else. 

Why, then, was exiled princess searching for such a thing in the company of pariahs?

Konu-To flinched away from Idgaddiy's touch, sharing a wary glance with Skondh. For some reason, it knew something was... wrong with this sea-dweller. Something about the smell. It instead drew itself closer the Cunal's companion, and gestured to the dikapi eggs as though to ask for one.

waffleman2010.png

Skondh observed the way that Konu-To cozied up to him, as well as the gesture asking for an egg.  Noticing that there were two left on the plate, he offered both of them to his new friend, as a show of extra goodwill.

Idgaddiy, on the other hand, observed the way that Konu-To flinched away from him.  Their new acquaintance knew that something was off.

"What other reason is there? I'm just here for the cash." She still kept her back toward him as she said this, showing little regard for conventional conversation etiquette. 

IC: Votadox (Psyker) - Barracks

"That is the main one, I suppose." I reply to the back. "Were you a fighter before, though?" I continue absent-mindedly. Oatmeal paste painted grey and this conversation interest me in equal measure. However, I'll admit that it's speaking at all that I'm enjoying. It seems like forever since I last had an honest conversation. It isn't forever. That would be absurd. It just feels like it.

#cc4d38

Kathok

Abominable was visibly stunned by Skondh's offering, eagerly taking the eggs and and popping one into its mouth. CRAAACK. So much pain. Why egg? Why? It spat out the egg into its claw, noticing that the shell was for the most part intact, its insides having become completly frozen. Konu-To dropped the egg, which fell to floor with a thud. It looked at the other egg, hoping that it was just a fluke, but alas, it was frozen as well. Distraught, the rahi simply stood there as the floor beneath it became covered in ice.

waffleman2010.png

IC (Krahua): The Matoran watch on in interest as the rahi, now Konu-To, attempted to make friends with Skondh and Idgaddiy. Earlier today, he had thought Skondh was the definition of a moronic meathead, but this was just a new level entirely. It was almost sad to watch as the two of them struggled to complete even the most basic of social interactions.

Then the interruption of a loud sound and some icy incontinence threatened to bring the whole awkward mess crashing down. The two of them probably deserved it. On the other hand, these two were now Krahua's own teammates, and he could well end up relying on them for his own survival. While that was certainly an uncomfortable thought for him, it did also give him an incentive not to simply let them struggle against their own stupidity. In addition, the rahi had obeyed him earlier, and that might be a habit worth encouraging. Going against his distain, Krahua decided to step in and help them out.

He hopped down off his bed and ambled over, gently placing a hand on Konu-To's massive shoulder.

"Hey there, no need to worry about the horn. It's just a signal that it's time for us to go and see the trainers. I can show you where to go if you like, and then, by the time we get back here, your eggs will have thawed enough to eat."

ppg2.png

I was making my way towards the beds to check for the rest of my team before I heard the sound of the horn. At the horns beckoning I made my way to the tower, and arrived first by a combination of happenstance and diligence. This early arrival gave me a chance to observe my compatriots, who else would be diligent enough to arrive quickly?

IC: Corrivalis (Whisper) - Barracks. 

Corri sat up with a groan, clambered out of her bunk, and set off for the tower. The throbbing in her head had faded somewhat, but she still wasn't feeling anything close to 100%. This was shaping up to be harder than she'd thought... 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Votadox (Psyker) - Barracks

"Yea, I suppose--"

Then a tragedy occurs. My words, my breath. My carefully formulated response. Gone in an instant. Whisked away by the blaring horn. It was going to be so special. Insightful. Tactful. A masterful mix of humour and undeniable truth. But now it's meaningless, dust to the wind etcetera. Now you'll never get to hear it. Such a shame.

In any case, I stand up. "We should go, I suppose."

Edited by Sil

Kathok

The Rahi glared, its distrust of Matoran clear in its expression. It shrugged off Krahua's tiny hand and edged closer to Skondh and Idgaddiy. It turned its attention the sapient eel standing before it.

"You... smell funny," Konu-To said, gesturing that much. Then, pointing and the flat-headed ray, it continued: "Him... Skondh. I trust."

Satisfied that it had made its point, it made its way to the door and followed those first responders as they made their way to the tower.

waffleman2010.png

The pair began to make their way to the tower, along with the other members of their motley crew.  Skondh, having heard Konu-To's statement to Idgaddiy, decided to drift close to his new friend, leaving the Cunal by himself.

This was of no concern to Idgaddiy- Skondh mattered little to him.

Edited by capMARVELOUS

Sting sighed, curling up in bed and wishing she could stay for just a few more minutes, but knowing she must go. This was her life now. Governed by the ringing of the bell and the ringing of the coin.

At last, she heaved herself up and started limping toward the door.

IC: 

When the recruits had gathered, Nidhiki stepped out from the tower and took his place at the top of the steps. Behind him were not only the other trainers, who the recruits would recognise by now from seeing them around the compound, but also a handful of other beings: real, expert hunters here to pass on a little of their experience. Even Krekka shuffled up to join the gathering.

Clearing his throat, he greeted the recruits, and even congratulated them on their performances so far, noting that he and the other trainers saw potential for some to survive their first mission and become Dark Hunters in full. Still, there was much work still to do.

Nidhiki explained that in order to streamline the process, the next stage of their training would take place largely in groups. Trainees who needed to work on similar skills would do so together, overseen by a handful of experts. This would take place alongside the continuing reoutine of their morning run and trip through the obstacle course. There would be individual skills to work on as well, but details of that would come later – each recruit would find a timetable on their bunk when they returned to the barracks for the evening. For now, they would be launching straight into their first group sessions. All disciplines except stealth would be beginning immediately.

Nidhiki closed his speech by exhorting the recruits to put all of their effort into the various training activities – their very lives may soon depend on them.

Later:

Amphibax spoke little as he led the three recruits away to their underwater training. Unlike each of the other training groups, they would be given a rare allowance to leave the walled compound for the duration of their exercises. They were headed to the ocean.

Out and over the wall they went, then across the parched and dusty plains of Odina, gradually rising and becoming rougher and rockier as they neared the coast. After half an hour of walking, Amphibax guided them down a narrow ravine, ending in a sheer drop down to the surging ocean below. The veteran Hunter pulled a rope ladder out of a cleft in the rock, then dropped it over the edge.

"Follow me as best you can" he instructed, before quickly climbing down and diving into the churning waters below.

Meanwhile:

The melee group headed back to the combat arena, following the instructions of Mimic and Triglax, who had today taken the shape of a tall, golden-armoured Vortixx. Phantom also waved them along, although the reclusive, winged hunter did not speak.

There to greet them was Screamer, who was hissing and clicking indignantly at a pair of Matoran slaves as they wheeled in a pair of large crates from the storehouse. After much straining and puffing, they gor them into position and then cracked them open to reveal an array of weapons in many different sizes.

“That there is your lifeline” Triglax observed. “In my years as a Dark Hunter, I have learned that no plan is perfect, no concealment is complete. Eventually, you will come across a situation where stealth and subtlety will not do, and you just have to fight your way to your goal and back out again. Therefore, every Hunter that passes through this island must be able to defend themselves in a melee.

Look over those weapons carefully, before choosing which type you will focus on. Don’t be afraid to try a few out before you settle on one to carry. Remember, you lives will depend on how well you can put them to use. One you’ve all picked a weapon to start off with, we’ll look at your grips and stances, and from there Mimic will begin demonstrating some of the basic forms. Get to it!”

Meanwhile:

Zekev, Skondh and Krekka were led by a Skakdi who tersely introduced himself as The Beast. He eyed the recruits carefully before shrugging a large sack onto his shoulder and tredding a path to the obstacle course.

As he unlocked the chains that held the course’s iron gate, he directed Zekev towards one of the many paths. The ice Skakdi was certainly strong, but he wasn’t all that fit. This path was one designed to build up Hunters’ ability to sustain a medium level of exertion over a long period of time, along with the occasional burst of intense effort.

The Beast dumped his sack to the ground, and instructed Zekev to do laps of the course, jogging, pushing, climbing his way to the exit before jogging back around to the entrance to begin again. When he had improved to the point where he could complete six laps in an hour, he was to start carrying pairs of dumbells from the sack, getting progressively larger as his times came down again. By the time he was done, the Skakdi told him, not even a Kane-Ra would be able to escape Zekev’s relentless pursuit.

That left Skondh and Krekka. Rather than choosing a path for them, The Beastled them this way and that through the maze until they came to a specific piece of equipment: a gigantic see-saw. Fifteen bio across and as wide as it was long, the gigantic platform was strewn with boulders, and yet perfectly balanced, rocking slightly in the wind.

This was to be their challenge: to test the strength, speed and endurance, each of the big, brutish hunters would take a side of the platform, and throw the rocks there onto the other’s side. Whoever could shift more stone more quickly would find themselves rising, while the loser would be tilted down by the accumulating rocks on their end.

Meanwhile:

With the others all gone, Nidhiki ushered Zaryna and Acanon into the tower itself.

“Don’t make yourselves at home here”, he told them. “You’re still not real hunters, but for now you get a pass to be in here here, and only with me. I’d do this somewhere else, but the equipment’s hard to move.”

On the next floor up above ground level, the hallways became less spartan, showing off some of the wealth that the resident hunters had accumulated, until finally Nidhiki waved them through a polished wooden door marked with the words “Simulation Suite”

The room beyond was dominated by the table at its centre. Its core had a metallic gleam, while the outside ring was all elaborately carved and painted wood. Tiny figures of Matoran, Skakdi, Toa, rahi, and other species beyond count were frozen in scenes of conflict and battle.

“Once, you were both military commanders,” Nidhiki stated, “And while the Dark Hunters are not usually an army, the skills of planning and executing stratergies and leading soldiers through them are still valuable to us. We need field leaders who can adapt a mission plan on the fly and guanrantee results through changing circumstances. We hope that you might be able to fill that role, especially on your upcoming trial mission.

“That brings me to the table here, and how you will be using it. In the centre here…” He waved a hand over the metallic honeycomb grid, and lights sparked above in the wake of his hand. “is the terrain model. It is covered with a holographic array, so that together, they can model almost any concievable environment, like so.”

As the Toa reached underneath the table to retrieve a remote control, each of the hexagonal tiles adjusted its height, and the holograms shimmered into place, showing a thick jungle with a waterfall splashing through it, then a steep-sided canyon, and finally a cityscape where each road and back alley was visible.

“The other key part of this setup is the characters,” Nidhiki explained, plucking a tiny figurine of a Toa from the carvings at the table’s edge, and placing it within the display.

“This table allows us to simulate a near-infinite variety of situations for you to direct a team of Hunters, from storming a fortress to pursuing a quarry. In each, you will be assigned an objective, and a number of subordinates to command. For example, Toa, make a light earthquake.”

On the table, the Toa figurine obeyed, and the simulated city shook, the hologram showing a handful of windows breaking.

“This feature allows you to send your Hunters against their enemies just as you would in reality, where each action you take can have a permanent effect on the rest of the board. The idea is that after going through dozens of simulated missions on this table, against automated opposition or each other, you will be able to make the sort of split-second, ruthless, effective decisions that the Dark Hunters are known for."

Nidhiki took his Toa back off the table, and wiped the scene. The table returned to is flat and lifeless default state, before Nidhiki started putting together a new map, narrating each feature as he programmed it in.

“To get you used to this, we’ll start with a fairly simple scenario. Exile, you’ve been assigned to steal a valuable lava gem from a Matoran village on the Tren Krom Peninsula. It’s a dangerous environment there, so they chose a reasonably defensible spot. Cliffs lined with razor crystals surround the village on two sides, and a spiked palisade keeps most of the rahi out. The main approach is here, along this path that the Matoran use when they go out to harvest the sap of fireroot trees in the jungle down here. It’s the main product of the village. Just outside the village is this reasonably clear area, occasionally used for grazing rahi, and beyond that, the land slopes downwards and into the thicker jungles out here.

Inhabiting the village are around 50 Matoran, a Toa of Ice who wears a kanohi kadin, and a Turaga of lightning with a noble mahiki.

For now, I don’t care how you go about the mission. You can burn the village to the ground and retrieve the gem from the ashes, you can sneak in, steal it and be gone before anyone is the wiser, you can kidnap the Turaga and ransom them back for the gem, whatever you like. Also, you can take your pick of these. We’ve just got them newly made and programmed in.”

Nidhiki withdrew a box from a shelving at the far end of the room, and opened it up to show the recruits what was inside: a cluster of little models, one for each of the new recruits to Project Protodermis. Nidhiki set the small likeness of Zaryna down on the edge of the table, then offered the box to her to pick her companions for the raid.

OOC: For those of you who have characters in more than one group, or only in the stealth group: sorry about that. We made the training groups before we worked out if there was a viable timetable or not. For now, Wakeahk and Idgaddiy should go with the aquatic group while they have a clash, and Kaspar, Erox and Konu-To can start on their individual learning.

Also, as a general notice, you should feel free to bunny the NPCs along a bit during this group training bit. This is to keep things going smoothly, and to save GoSP and I from having to RP 20 different NPC through the group exercises. Be responsible with this: use the NPCs to facilitate and further your own characters’ interactions and learning, not to disrupt others’.

Edited by The Lorax
  • Upvote 1

ppg2.png

"...Look over those weapons carefully, before choosing which type you will focus on. Don’t be afraid to try a few out before you settle on one to carry. Remember, you lives will depend on how well you can put them to use. One you’ve all picked a weapon to start off with, we’ll look at your grips and stances, and from there Mimic will begin demonstrating some of the basic forms. Get to it!”

IC: Corrivalis (Whisper) - Arena. 

Doing her best not to be distracted by the eyesore of a form that Triglax had chosen, Corri took her time perusing the crates of weaponry, glancing up every now and then to analyse the actions of her fellow recruits. Observing their decisions would no doubt be a useful insight into their thought processes. 

She picked up a few of the weapons, testing the weight and wieldability, giving some of them an experimental swing or twirl to gauge the balance. Ultimately, however, she stepped away from the assortment empty-handed, satisfied with the dual blades already sheathed at her hip.They'd served her well for years now, and she figured it would be far easier to refine her skills with the blades she already had than it would be to start over from scratch with something new. 

Confident with her decision, she stood to the side, and continued watching her fellow recruits. 

Edited by Nato The Traveler

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Well looks like they weren't going to let me carry on with hand to hand combat, though after my fight with Acanon maybe I needed something extra. I had been soft on him.

Looking through the weapons I settle on a simple combat dagger, small enough to easily conceal and intimidating enough to scare whoever I pointed it at. It was practical in and out of combat and that was a draw for me. Eyeing the rest of the weaponry I pick up some extra crossbow bolts, including some barbed ones. If I was to get further in the Dark hunters I'd have to stop playing nice and go all out, a more brutal method was needed.

Having been assigned no class to train with, Konu-To saw no need to remain where it was. However, as it clenched its claws again, it heard the barely audible crackling of the icy coating. It grunted, irritated by the feeling, the sound of this stranger that was it. It looked down, spying a puddle before it. Reflected in that puddle was a creature twisted by fate, a mutant so warped by madness that it knew only one truth: cruelty is always a constant.

Konu-To stared at this beast's features. It saw the canister fused to its back. The cables that burrowed into the flesh; the burning pain, the searing heat that permeated the metal plates around it. That flat, featureless face. How it wished that face weren't so unfamiliar. The frost ape looked upon that creature with pity and—as the reflection began to fade to frost—sorrow as the realization hit. They were one and the same, the ape and the monster.

Monster...

The rahi understood the term well. It was another name the rahi carried, having once been the bane of Tren Krom. It thought back to the pirates that used it, to the villagers that abused it. It thought of the gnawing hunger, the rising fear, the cold sorrow... The boiling rage. The screams as it flayed metal from flesh, and flesh from bone. The billowing roar that pierced the air. The terrified eyes of every victims. Its watering eyes... Wait a moment.

Konu-To looked back down at the frozen puddle. The only thing that remained was the steam that currently bit at its eyes. With a claw, it traced the former edge of the pool only to notice that it, too, was steaming. Was this my doing? It thought.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

IC: Sukiru (Sting) - Aqua Team

Sting seemed to perk up as they left the facility, to the point her spines raised and began to glow as if charged with electricity. Back to the ocean, her home turf. She gave the others a sly wink before hopping down the ladder after Amphibax.

Words could not have adequately expressed how excited the Akula warlord was at her current placement. It wasn't just being in the comparatively posh tower, or the fancy gadgetry for her use, or even being in close proximity to Nidhiki and the heart of the operation; what she appreciated most were her skills as a general being applied to the Project. The Shadowed One had offered her recruitment because of her battle experience and ruthless martial prowess, but that was the first time the Dark Hunters were taking steps to putting those skills to use. 

She rested her hands on the edge of the table and for a moment the two men in the room faded from reality as her mind processed the map. Finally, after an instant of scrutiny, she nodded to herself with satisfaction and looked at the box of figurines; she selected her simulated team from people she had met earlier in the day. Zaryna worked with observable facts, and her modus operandi focused heavily on collecting knowledge and applying it, both in battle and in her interactions with other people. Even though the mock-up mission was exactly that—a mock-up—and she was given free license to accomplish it as she pleased, she still opted to approach it with discipline and strategy. And seeing as she knew the basics of what to expect from certain other recruits, she chose them. 

She plucked up Kohu for his veteran skills and stealth, Erox for his marksmanship and resilience, and Galrax for her mobility, but just before Nidhiki started to close the box she held up a finger and plucked one more, seemingly as an afterthought. Her eyes lingered on Acanon as she placed his figurine on the table as well. They had not sparred, teamed up, or even spoken yet, but Zaryna chose him regardless. It dawned on Nidhiki, and perhaps also on the real Acanon, that she wanted to size up the other potential commander. 

She allowed herself a slight amused grin before giving the order. "Let's begin."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

Unlike his compatriots, Idgaddiy eschewed the use of the ladder, instead jumping headlong into the water.  Once submerged, he removed his helmet, putting his full arthropod features on display, and took an experimental breath of the water.  It was noticeably clearer than the water he had encountered in the obstacle course.

"What shall we do first?" he asked the group's leader.

Skondh listened intently to "The Beast's" instructions, then looked over at his training partner when the instructions were finished.  "aRe You ReaDY?" he asked.

IC (Shadowboxer): Krahua joined the others in examining the crates of weaponry. He picked through axes, clubs, hammers, polearms, and all manners of blades, most of which were comically over-large for him. He was coming to accept this as a reality of being a Matoran in a job dominated by larger species. A few were more his size, and he briefly weighed up a barbed spear, before eventually shaking his head. He didn't really know what would suit him best, so he would need to ask for help from someone who knew more.

Ambling up to Triglax, he presented Vamprah's dagger to the shapeshifter.

"I came by this weapon on my way to join the Hunters" he explained. "What do you think of it?"

"Hmm..." Triglax considered, turning the weapon over in his hands, then peering closely at the steel. "Good craftsmanship here, and it's not every day you see this kind of fusa leather on the grip. Whoever you took this from had an eye for quality."

Krahua nodded. Vamprah was prideful, and only the best would do for him, even on such trifles as a lab knife.

"However, this was not made to be a Matoran's sword, more of a dagger for someone at least twice your size. You can see that the ratio of the guard to the blade's length is higher than you'd expect. Also, the hilt's girth means that you should avoid using it in only one hand, though I expect you would be using it as a two-hander anyway."

"So I should choose something else?" Krahua queried

"If you would prefer something you can wield in one hand, then yes, but I wouldn't throw this away just for that. It's a well-made blade, and, once you learn to handle it correctly, it will serve you well."

Krahua nodded his thanks to Triglax, then wandered a little away from the knot of hunters test-swinging their choices of weaponry. He wanted to consider his options. On one hand, continuing to use Vamprah's knife was a link back to his former life, a life that he'd sword to leave behind, and to extinguish entirely if possible. He was to be a new person from now on, after all.

On the other hand, he had stolen this blade from Vamprah as a deliberate act of defiance, and it had played a role in his breaking free of his prison. Perhaps to keep it could serve as a reminder of who he wanted to be - someone not bound by others. Also, why would he use a legitimately acquired blade when he could use one stolen from the being he hated? Who knows, some day he might get the pleasure of stabbing into Vamprah's chest with his very own knife. That thought made him smile. Yes, he would keep this blade.

IC (Krekka): Rather than replying in words, Krekka just shot a one-eyed grin back at Skondh as he hefted up a large boulder with one arm and hurled it, not just onto Skondh's side of the platform, but at Skondh himself.

IC (Nidhiki): Nidhiki seemed a little perturbed at Zaryna's final choice, but did not intervene to stop her. Instead, he carefully placed the five figures in position.

"Your team begins here, in the jungle below the village. For there, the orders are yours to give."

IC (Amphibax): By the time the recruits got their bearings under the water, the only sign of their instructor was a trail of bubbles rising from deep down below. On investigation, they would find that below the tideline, the limestone cliffs in this part of Odina were riddled with grottos and caves. Out from the caves, Amphibax's voice issued, slightly distorted by echoing around in the underground chambers. "Catch me if you can!"

IC (Firedracax): While Konu-To sat dejectedly in the shadow of the tower, a large red figure approached, bending down to kneel in the dust beside it. He was an odd shape, not recognisably of any of the major species of the Matoran Universe. More likely, he was an odd mutant, as unique and as alone as Konu-To.

"Konu-To?" he asked gently. "I'm Firedracax. I'm here to help you learn to use your powers over heat and cold. I see you've already been using them a bit." He gestured to the evapourating puddle. 

"Shall we get started?"

ppg2.png

I decided to test the knife out a bit with a few practice swings, the weight and balancing seemed just right.

"So how will we be training with these weapons, will we be engaging in more combat with each other?"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

"Konu-To?" The Rahi turned to see a creature not unlike itself. "I'm Firedracax. I'm here to help you learn to use your powers over heat and cold. I see you've already been using them a bit." It watched him gesture to the evaporating puddle. 

"Shall we get started?"

Konu-To tilted its head in confusion at this fellow mutant's proclamation. It was obvious simply by his name that Firedracax only knew flame, just as Konu-To only knew frost. Then again, with the way the puddle had turned to steam, maybe there was something to learn from this dark hunter. The frost ape nodded in acknowledgement.

Edited by Drakua Toa of Rahi

waffleman2010.png

IC: Nilauhk

Nilauhk's eyes scanned over the weapons. She honestly felt comfortable with her own. For now, she decided, she would hang onto it. Sighing, she drew her polearm, sitting the blunt end in the dirt.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

This was no training.  This was a child's game.

This would be too easy.

Idgaddiy entered the complex of caves, using his eyes and ears to detect any signs of Amphibax's whereabouts.  A flicker of motion to his right caught his attention, but it turned out to be just a fish.  He ate the fish, then continued his search, slowly swimming throughout the twisting, turning tunnels.

Skondh barely had time to register what was going on before a large boulder sped into his shoulder.  It bounced off of him and tumbled to the floor.

He whimpered at the pain.  His shoulder felt like it might have been dislocated.  He gingerly touched it and found that that was not the case, thank God.  But it still hurt like heck.

In retaliation, he picked up a boulder and flung it at Krekka with both his hands, bellowing as he did so.