Project Protodermis - Discussion

GoSP

Gameplay TopicProfile Topic

This is the discussion topic for Project Protodermis. Use this as a place for OOC discussions of the game and game-related things. Do not post your profiles here – they go in the profile topic, but feel free to ask any questions of the GMs here, even if they are profile-related.

Edited by GoSP
  • Upvote 3

ppg2.png

Hey, just wanted to pop in to congratulate you on getting the RPG through so fast. Also if you end up needing help at any point feel free to shoot me a PM.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

So when it comes to tools n tech, do the same general rules on ranged weapons/firearms apply as the regular BZPRPG? Or are they more accessible?

It's not exactly the same, no. For example, "foreign tech" isn't limited by species. You'll still need the fancy stuff approved, but that can be done as part of the character sheet. As for exactly what can be used, use the types of launchers that were around in the Matoran Universe at the time of the Toa/DH war (zamors, ghostblasters, shadow leeches and midaks weren't invented or widespread yet), or make up something of your own, and we'll look at that.

That said, don't go too nuts on the awesome and powerful weaponry. One of the in-universe rewards these characters will get for completing the mission is a new, custom tool, so it doesn't make for a great story arc for them to start off with the very best gear. Of course, they could have some cool stuff already, particularly if they came from Xia or Nynrah, just not too much.

Hey, just wanted to pop in to congratulate you on getting the RPG through so fast. Also if you end up needing help at any point feel free to shoot me a PM.

Thanks Silvan. You know, what we really need now is a few good players... ;)

They called me mad for suggesting a Dark Hunter RP! Mad I tell you! MAUAHHAHAOHAOAHAHAHAH!!!

That's the spirit! Get that evil laugh going.

Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

So when it comes to tools n tech, do the same general rules on ranged weapons/firearms apply as the regular BZPRPG? Or are they more accessible?

It's not exactly the same, no. For example, "foreign tech" isn't limited by species. You'll still need the fancy stuff approved, but that can be done as part of the character sheet. As for exactly what can be used, use the types of launchers that were around in the Matoran Universe at the time of the Toa/DH war (zamors, ghostblasters, shadow leeches and midaks weren't invented or widespread yet), or make up something of your own, and we'll look at that.

That said, don't go too nuts on the awesome and powerful weaponry. One of the in-universe rewards these characters will get for completing the mission is a new, custom tool, so it doesn't make for a great story arc for them to start off with the very best gear. Of course, they could have some cool stuff already, particularly if they came from Xia or Nynrah, just not too much.

Cool, thanks

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Thanks Silvan. You know, what we really need now is a few good players... ;)

Do you honestly want such a massive light side player as myself in your Dark Hunter RPG? I mean, I was thinking of offering to play Lhikan for you but that would just be making things unnecessarily hard on the players.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I was wondering about the species names people were putting next to the canon species. Where do those names come from?

I think those are just made-up names meant to sound cool.

Ok, gotta check Acannon is talking to someone called Toru, but no character of that name exists. I'm under the impression Acannon's talking to my character Kohu, but I can't help but wander if this could be some 4th wall breaking shenanigans and Acannon is talking directly to Toru Nui.

• Upvote 1

Ah yes, I remember you joining City in the Dark. You played a Skakdi who joined the scouting team to Spiriah's lab. He was called... Karaihe or something? It's a pity we never finished that game, really.

But yes, it's good to see you're still around. I look forward to seeing that character.

ppg2.png

I'd like to echo Sil's side note for a similar reason: it's good to see you back Lorax. Though City in the Dark was actually the second RPG I joined, I remember it much more fondly than the first. In fact, I dare say it inspired me to join the BZPRPG and a couple other RPGs.

I'm working on a profile at the moment, though I'm not sure if I'll actually use it. At the very least, I may post it for approval just to see if you guys will allow it; I don't know if it will really fit this RPG. If I do play, I cannot guarantee consistency, though I will certainly make the effort.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Important Announcement:

Hi everyone.

I'm just popping in here to say congratulations on really rising to the maze challenge. Lorax and I have really enjoyed reading your posts been impressed by the creativity shown, both in coming up with obstacles and how your characters overcame them. Really, these guys are going to make such a team of Dark Hunters.

While the last few characters make it through, I wanted to give you all a heads-up about what's coming next. After looking at the new recruits' skills in the obstacle course, the next stop is going to be the combat arena, to test their fighting skills. To do this, the recruits will be asked to pair off to fight either each other, or one of a few canon DHs, to be played by us GMs. We're giving a bit of advance warning on this so that you can set up your fights, and maybe plan some jams.

To make the process as smooth as possible, could you please shoot a PM at Lorax or me once you've got a pair to fight, or you want your character to go against a canon hunter. That way we can know who has fights set up and who doesn't, and help the last few pairings come together.

So, get hyped, get organised, and pretty soon, we'll get going.

• Upvote 3

ppg2.png

To the contrary, as I related to Aussie, a fight between the two of them could/would end the animosity between them that could be so gooey and delicious for later interactions, like when they have to solve a problem together. From a storyteller's perspective that is more appealing than just climaxing the tension prematurely.

I'm more in favor of drama, lol.

Also, I'd like to add that if Aussie chose to play out Erox's dissonance with the group (which I think has been solely directed at Zaryna) he can totally do the same with any other character. There's no reason to take the easy way out and I'm confident in his skills to do whatever he wishes.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

I do(want to see Zarnya and Erox fight), it'd be a nice capping off to Erox's self destruction of his standing amongst the group.

There's a leg pun somewhere there.

Also, pretty much everything EW said above.

It'd be a little anti climatic to end the tension so early on in the rp when it could be used to great effect in character development.