[LDD/Render] The Lord of Nightmares

33305154426_86c6bf7082_b.jpg

[Render] Karzahni, the Lord of Nightmares by Artemiy Karpinskiy, on Flickr

"Look at this universe — damaged, broken, disorderly. It needs someone to take care of it ... to take care of everything and everyone, from now until forever."
— Karzahni to Hahli, Dark Destiny

This is Karzahni, the ruler of the hellish land in Matoran Universe, and the namesake of this realm.
Since the time before Time, Karzahni was tasked with repairing the Matoran sent to him from all across the Matoran Universe.
At first he really tried to make a difference for the poor things, but, with time, he realized he simply can't do it. Fueled by his envy for his "brother" Artakha and the maddening visions sent by his Kanohi Mask, Karzahni have slowly deteriorated into a tyrannical sociopath, prone to sudden and radical mood swings: one moment he's soft and welcoming, and the other he bursts into a murderous rage.
In the past, he wore a black and gold armor, but with time its colors changed to reflect the deterioration of his psyche.
His Kanohi Olisi is the Mask of Alternate Futures. Although not inherently evil or maddening, it was used by Karzahni to show his prisoners the worst possible futures that await them to break their morale.
Karzahni's tools are known as Flaming Chains, they are capable of heating up to such degree that they'll still burn even when taken underwater. The chains are also made to channel the power of Kanohi Olisi.

If you like what I do and you want to see me create your OC, a favorite Bionicle Character, or something else, feel free to look up my Commission Info! I also now have a Patreon page, so please consider supporting!

• Upvote 7

Nice work; way to capture both of his color schemes. A pity we don't know more about Artakha-I'd love to see one of him, and maybe even a versus shot featuring the two.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Nice work; way to capture both of his color schemes. A pity we don't know more about Artakha-I'd love to see one of him, and maybe even a versus shot featuring the two.

Thank you! =)

I may make him in the future, either in case someone would commission me or I'll have motivation and inspiration. =)

Good heavens you made this entirely from LDD? :bigeek:  or did you model it with Legos first then render it? Either way, it looks amazing! You've captured Karzahni amazingly. My only critique (and this is being very nitpicky) is that in pictures of him I recall him standing rather hunched and menacing, whereas in your model he's standing almost regally, which also fits his personally as ruler of his land, but makes him seem less of a monster. But like I said it's a small nitpick. Well done sir I applaud you!

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Good heavens you made this entirely from LDD? :bigeek:  or did you model it with Legos first then render it?

I did the model in Lego Digital Designer, then used a LDD2POV Converter to render it in POV-Ray Tracer. Then I post-processed the image in photoshop.

And thank you. =)