Tahu Mata Costume WIP

Ziontyro Metalhead

This is a costume that I built for Halloween this last year. I wanted to emulate a realistic version of the mata designs while also keeping some aspects of the original toy. This is what I came up with.

The miru is just a stand-in for now, but a hau is being made. The blue jumpsuit is also being replaced with a more skintight black suit, with more detailing as well. 

Here's a good photo of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/94050823@N02/30745594156/in/dateposted-public/

And also a video of it.

• Upvote 5

Impressive-definitely recognizable.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Freaking rad! Being freinds with costume makers allows me to appreciate all the hard work you put in. Are you going to bring it to a con?

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

It's a great costume, no doubt. And it is clear that much work has been put into this, certainly far more than I can muster. I just have one question though, why a red Miru instead of the signature Hau? Or do you have yet to make it?

Anyhow, as it is, this is a pretty great costume nonetheless.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Impressive! I wish I had something like this when I was a child. Even if it's made of cardboard (I think), it looks like one of those expensive cosplay costumes you might see at some comic-con.
The details of the torso and the pistons on the legs look really good, you resemble Tahu from Bionicle: the Game :D
You also handled very well the waist part (Tahu's waist is quite thinner than the one of a human being).

Looking forward for future updates!

hidron_nuva_idea.png