Ever used your Bionicle sets to do other things rather than playing?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys? As the title says above, have you ever used your Bionicle sets to do other things rather than playing with them?

For me, it goes like this:

1. My mom made me use the Barraki as bath toys.

2. I had Melum hug my dog.

3. Used my sets to make good Instragram pics, like having 2016 Kopaka and Melum playing in the snow and make snow angels.

So, what about you guys?:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Decoration-I'd display them around my bedroom, and still have a few up. My mom would always say she felt like she was going to be attacked when she came into my room.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I used Hahli Mahri and Lesovikk as aquarium decoration for a while.

I didn't know about the lime green joints problem until later.

I only feel regret.

• Upvote 1

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I made one into a Horcrux once. :P

In actuality, they function quite well as noise makers. Creak those joints to make the deepest sleeper awake from their slumber!

Edited by Mr_Jello100

ttvsupalo_orig.gif

I spent way too much time trying to get that image under the kB limit.

I've used them to make really basic stop motion animations that I'm not particularly fond of. They're probably lost to time now.

Decoration-I'd display them around my bedroom, and still have a few up. My mom would always say she felt like she was going to be attacked when she came into my room.

Same here.

I feel like we've all done this at some point.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Decoration mostly.

Once I dropped a piece and used Kaita Akamai Mata to pick it up because my arms were too short.

also photography, mainly to show off mocs to others, also for having scenes of them doing stuff.

• Upvote 2

I liked G2.  :o

Also known as:

Aguyinahat

Aleksyi

also i write some and do some art, bad at both though.

I'm jumping onto the decor bandwagon too, but mine's a tad unconventional. Besides being a Bionicle fan, I'm a massive gamer and have a gaming pc with one side entirely see-through. I've displayed two Rahagas Pouks and Kualus inside the pc, and they're lit by the LEDs (I'm not an RGB freak with all of my components glowing, only the fans and all in uniform blue) which looks really awesome if you ask me. I saves space, too!

Also, it wasn't me, but one of my dogs decided Lewa Master of Jungle's golden mask was an honorary chew toy. Luckily my wife saved the mask before it was destroyed, but it has a few bite marks, which I headcanon as battle-scarring.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Luckily my wife saved the mask before it was destroyed, but it has a few bite marks, which I headcanon as battle-scarring.

Whenever a dog chews a mask, or it gets stepped on, I use it as battle damage.

if its snapped in half then i use one thats in one piece and then swap with the broken one when they get hit.

I liked G2.  :o

Also known as:

Aguyinahat

Aleksyi

also i write some and do some art, bad at both though.

I used to pose them sometimes and take pictures for fun. Otherwise, sometimes I'd use them as drawing references, I'd moc things and make stories out of it (I have a penchant for doing that idk), or I'd build stuff to calm down from bad anxiety attacks in the middle of the night (or any time, really). 

Last two MOCs I built, both kind of unfinished, were done during potent anxiety attacks and it overall helps me distract myself and calm myself down. So, I guess I mostly use them for therapeutic reasons?

I did use Fenrakk once as a safe spot for a ring i got from my former first girlfriend. I never had a box for it so that's why the inside of Fenrakk's mouth was useful for safekeeping. It's lost now though.

And big feet sets like Zaktann/Thok/Avak/Nuparu Mahri or big sets Axonn do make for good paperweights if needed by standing on the paper.

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had Melum hug my dog.

Idk why but I find this hilarious

When I was a kid my mom had these decorative floor lamps, with vines carved into them and everything. I'd hang my bionicles from them, like they were desperately trying to make it to the top.

It was pretty popular at parties. And by that I mean my mom made me take them down before anyone saw it.

• Upvote 2

K29vRpU.jpg

REVIEW TOPIC

Well... I used K-2SO as a Camera stand one time...

I saw this and immediately couldn't help but make this:

youpassbutter.jpg

As for the original question, Piruk and Balta made pretty good Christmas tree ornaments.

• Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Bathtoys mostly. Still used as toys though. I mostly played with the Bohrok in the bathtub though. I loved tossing them into the water as hard as I could.

Speaking of tossing my toys into things, after discovering the series "The Chronicles of Jaller" I thought I'd be fun to throw my Jaller set against stuff. The wall mostly. As hard as I could. Which BTW is pretty hard. If the lime green ballsocket issue was bad, I gave him an advanced version of that terminal illness. So many broken sockets....

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

As a child I used to play with them but I was quite violent and broke some. Nowadays I only build and pose them as if they were in a war. Also I love combining and recreate MOCs that I like (such as the Pit Brutaka currently).

I used to put BIONICLE's in the tree as Christmas ornaments, inspired from the Christmas series of MOCs they used to have on MaskOfDestiny.com

-snip-

The Bohrok are the best for the holiday season, especially when you have all the red and green ones.

Aw man, I remember seeing that too and instantly wanted to do it. Unfortunately I had no Bohrok at the time so I couldn't and by the time I got my first Bohrok I'd already forgotten about it... :c

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Is that Bohrok a bootleg? The colors look off...unless of course you painted it yourself.

I did once use the leftovers from Ultimate Dume to make a wearable mask for a class project. Sadly I took it apart and have no idea where the photos I took of it got to.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Is that Bohrok a bootleg? The colors look off...unless of course you painted it yourself.

I did once use the leftovers from Ultimate Dume to make a wearable mask for a class project. Sadly I took it apart and have no idea where the photos I took of it got to.

I think the colors were all available in official sets except for the lime green Gali hook. The red Pahrak shields, though, I know were in the Bahrag set.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I think the colors were all available in official sets except for the lime green Gali hook. The red Pahrak shields, though, I know were in the Bahrag set.

I can confirm the hook is authentic, I have one in the same color.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

I can confirm the hook is authentic, I have one in the same color.

Okay, I just referenced Bricklink and apparently it's from a Racers set from 2002. That would've bothered me all day. So it is possible to build Nui-Rama with the colors switched.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

My younger brother and I used to do stop-motions for a while. I did about 2 or 3 animations before leaving the hobby behind, but my brother kept going. He'd take the pictures, then ask me to put the animation together for him. We didn't post the animations anywhere (though I posted my favorite one on Facebook); we just did them for fun.

Another thing my brother and I would do was gather up our MOCs, go out in the backyard, and set up these cool scenes using scenery and anything artificial. I remember we had our MOCs scrambling across the top of a picnic table in our backyard to climb a rope tied to a branch up above to escape some villains, hang around in a tree, and even had my self-MOC grab a tree branch to steady himself in a wall run as a villain stood at the top of the wall, ready to cut the branch with his sword. We didn't take pictures, mostly because my phone didn't have any room. We admired the scenes in the moment, then moved on to make another scene.

I used to just pose my figures and take pictures of them. I had a field day with my Nokama Metru and a rainy day. :D

mindeth the cobwebs

I used to put BIONICLE's in the tree as Christmas ornaments, inspired from the Christmas series of MOCs they used to have on MaskOfDestiny.com

0002434.jpg

The Bohrok are the best for the holiday season, especially when you have all the red and green ones.

Bruh, how and where do you get the hook piece in that color!?

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

• 2 weeks later...

Having the sets in my parents attic (though I did inventory them a while ago while visiting them). Throwing around ideas for a Bionicle tabletop ruleset set in the Bohrok wars. Maybe if there are some people interested I'd go through with that. Where would I post a topic for that? Creative Outlet doesn't have a fitting cathegory. Maybe Bionicle discussion?

• Upvote 1

Having the sets in my parents attic (though I did inventory them a while ago while visiting them). Throwing around ideas for a Bionicle tabletop ruleset set in the Bohrok wars. Maybe if there are some people interested I'd go through with that. Where would I post a topic for that? Creative Outlet doesn't have a fitting cathegory. Maybe Bionicle discussion?

Not sure where you'd put that, but it sounds like an awesome idea.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

0002434.jpg

For everyone who's wondering, this isn't actually a pic of a bohrok I made - this is the pic from MaskOfDestiny.com that inspired by Bohrok ornaments. My bohrok are all packed up, so I couldn't get a pic of them.

As for where the special pieces come from:

The hook comes from the green Nui-Rama

The Red Pahrak shields come from the red Bahrag

Light green limbs come from Lehvak

light green sockets are also found on the Nui-Rama

0002434.jpg

For everyone who's wondering, this isn't actually a pic of a bohrok I made - this is the pic from MaskOfDestiny.com that inspired by Bohrok ornaments. My bohrok are all packed up, so I couldn't get a pic of them.

As for where the special pieces come from:

The hook comes from the green Nui-Rama

The Red Pahrak shields come from the red Bahrag

Light green limbs come from Lehvak

light green sockets are also found on the Nui-Rama

The green Nui-Rama didn't have a hook; only the orange one did. The green one used an Onua claw piece instead. The green hook is from a 2002 Racers set.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg