Nexo-Koma

Nice model. The CCBS fists sticking out of the back legs look a little out-of-place, but other than that it's a great blend of System and CCBS. Good luck in the contest.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Nice model. The CCBS fists sticking out of the back legs look a little out-of-place, but other than that it's a great blend of System and CCBS. Good luck in the contest.

Thanks!

I wanted to find a way to use those Tr. Reddish Orange fists to "bulk up" the back legs.

The main reason it's a blend of CCBS and System was because the initial idea came when I modified Axl and Clay's Battle suits to use only Mixel joints;

I was left with 4 of the back arm construction (The one that connects the arms to the CCBS fist), so I started looking for ideas on how I could implement that into a system creation, and then I remembered there was Marchikoma (which is not a contest, BTW), and that's when I came up with the Nexo-Koma concept.

SH0Gxlo.png

The only Ghost in the Shell material I'm familiar with is the 90s movie and its sequel (and I guess The Matrix, if you wanna go that route), but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a good MoC when I see it.  Nice.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Ohhhh, a Nexo Knights Moc. Cool. The system and CCBS have been blended well, but I feel like this build needs a seat for the minifigures to ride on it.

Thanks!

I actually found out that Tachikomas include a seat only after I completed the MOC; even then, I couldn't even think of where to put a seat on it because I was very keen on using the new Nexo shield piece at the back of the body.

The only Ghost in the Shell material I'm familiar with is the 90s movie and its sequel (and I guess The Matrix, if you wanna go that route), but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate a good MoC when I see it.  Nice.

Thanks!

SH0Gxlo.png

oO_Oo How long has Marchikoma been a thing!?

I've got enough Shirow Masamune stuff in my room to classify it as a museum, and I'm only discovering this now :_:

Looks like a great mix of themes, especially with Tachikomas being both a digital AI and a mechanical character. Maybe it's a tad long for traditional designs, but that's all a matter of artistic interpretation really. I wonder if you can figure out a way to hide flip out wheels in the feet?

My Bionikoma I built years ago can't fit a seat either, the parts I used didn't really allow it, and it was more of a visual choice for me. Mine's packed up for Brick Universe, but you can kind of get a look at it here at about 17 seconds in: