Sarthorael, Lord of Change

34566953141_82dab7bb32_z.jpg

I built this Lord of Change from Warhammer on a commission; and for someone who had no exposure to Warhammer beforehand, I think I did alright with it! Sarthorael the Ever-Watcher is one of the devious lieutenants of the Chaos God Tzeentch, and a real force to be reckoned with.

34697407165_93656c793a_z.jpg

Sarthorael packs tons of detail, from gold armor and jewelry to a flowing robe and huge, silvery wings. The model features a whopping 51 points of articulation. The head design alone took me about an hour and a half of fiddling around. It's the only part of the build which uses "illegal" connection points. 

34566971071_a2caf9c17d_z.jpg

Standing at about 12" (32cm) with wings extended, my Lord of Change design features a wingspan of 15" (39cm). My inclusion of traditional Warhammer miniature bases came about out of necessity, since with this particular foot design, Sarthorael would certainly not have balanced alone!

Thank for leaving any/all feedback you have in the comments below!

• Upvote 9

test2.png

• 2 weeks later...

Your skill with system continues to be nothing short of stunning.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Always glad to see Warhammer MoCs. Looks really accurate to the source material.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 1 month later...

The types of system-based MOCs that I tend to see on here are pretty homogeneous, but this is relatively unique; not only is it a solid interpretation of a Warhammer fig, but its a nice, multicolored structure that's pretty lithe and slender. Always great to see some nice variation, and of course your work is as good as usual.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg