There she stood in the doorway

I heard the mission bell

And I was thinking to myself

‘Have I fallen under a spell?’

Then she lit up a candle and showed me the way

There were voices down the corridor

I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel of Okoto

Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)

Such a lovely face

Plenty of room at the Hotel of Okoto

Any time of year (any time of year) you can find it here

You have found yourself in a strange hotel where things are not quite right.  During the night, Specters comb the halls looking for guests, and those claimed by them are never seen again.  During the day, everyone gathers and votes on which guest should be sent to look for the lost—a suicide mission, plain and simple.  You’ve tried to flee this insanity, but it’s no use.  You can check out any time you like.

But you can never leave.

Specters: No one’s quite sure what these shadowy creatures are, but the bigger problem is what they can do.  These monsters will kill one player each night and win by eliminating all guests.  Recent evidence suggests they are posing as guests, which has put everyone even more on edge than usual…

-Specter Protector x1: Leader of the Specters.  They decide who to send and who to kill.  If killed, another Specter will be randomly selected to take their place.

-Specters x3: Sent to kill guests at their Protector’s command.

Guests: The poor souls who have become trapped in this bizarre hotel.  A few have taken jobs among the staff in an attempt to learn more, though their success in that endeavor has been lacking some.  Win by eliminating all Specters.

-Housekeeping x1: Chooses one player each night to protect from death

-Concierge x1: Chooses one player to investigate each night

-Guests x13: Standard guests.  Upon death, they join the Chorus.

Other:

-Silencer x1: A guest who has totally snapped.  Each night they will kill one player, and Guests killed by them do not join the Chorus.  Wins by surviving.

Each round will last 24 hours.  Vote switches are not allowed.  Oh, and one more thing…

When votes are held, voices can be heard from down the corridor—the voices of the deceased Guests, singing as they call other players to join them.  When a Guest is killed, they join the Chorus, and can continue to vote via PM.  However, it is not guaranteed that vote will go through.  Each member of the Chorus is assigned a specific set of lyrics from the Hotel of Okoto song, and their votes are only counted if a chain is formed from the Chorus member who has the earliest lyric at the time to them.  If the player with the earliest active lyric doesn’t PM their vote, then no Chorus votes will be counted.  Also, if a Guest is killed by the Silencer, they do not join the Chorus.

But hey, above all, have fun!  After all, this is such a lovely place.

Scenes:

Prologue: Reservations

Night 1: Final Step

Day 1: Journey's End

Night 2: Silenced Silence

Day 2: Corrupted File

Night 3: Critical Timing

Day 3: Marvelous Plan

Night 4: Empty House

Day 4: Turntables

Night 5: Undying

Day 5: Final Verse + End: Our Own Device

Players:

1.  Toa TimeLord (Guest) Killed by Specters, Night 3
2. Taka Nuvia (Guest) Killed by vote, Day 4
3. Valendale (Guest) Killed by Specters, Night 1
4. Vox (Specter) Killed by vote, Day 4
5. Toa Smoke Monster (Concierge) Killed by vote, Day 2
6. Toa Imrukii (Guest) Killed by vote, Day 5
7. B0ss Manducus (Guest) Eliminated with no chance of victory, End
8. xccj (Guest) Killed by Specters, Night 5
11. Trijhak (Specter Protector)
13. Unit#phntk#1 (Specter) Killed by vote, Day 4
15. Ice Ruler FF Crustallus (Housekeeping) Killed by Specters, Night 4
16. Rahkshi Guurahk (Specter) Killed by vote, Day 4
17. capMARVELOUS (Guest) Killed by vote, Day 3
19. Nato the Traveler (Guest) Killed by vote, Day 1
24. Kuan (Silencer) Killed by Specters, Night 2
Edited by Lab Member 0579
  • Upvote 5

Considering that a lot of my friends will be playing, I might as well join.

I'll take spot 6 please.

• Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Spot 19, if you would be so kind. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

*Hesitantly signs up, hoping not to die night/day 1 for the fourth time in a row*

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I was going to be very disappointed if the song wasn't referenced when I read the topic title. Glad to see it's the entire premise of the game. ;) (Although is there not going to be a beast we can stab with our steely knives?)

Also, want in.

:music:

• Upvote 2

(Although is there not going to be a beast we can stab with our steely knives?)

Hey, it's Mafia--who knows what crazy things are going to happen in the scenes?

Added!

now all it needs is a subtext about drug abuse

You folks just want me to spoil everything, don't you?

So when's the sequel "New Matoran in Town" or "Life in the Fast Lane" I would play those

I think it's a bit too soon to say for sure--let's just wait and see what happens in The Long Run.

• Upvote 3

Role PMs are sent out!

Prologue: Reservations

Guests were scattered across the lobby, some pacing nervously while others relaxed in the comfortable chairs with dated patterns.  A fire crackled in the fireplace.  All seemed normal enough on the surface, but the fear in the room was palpable.

The creaking door shocked everyone to attention.  In stepped an Okotan with brown armor and an odd mask: dark green, rather small, and with a somewhat…organic look to it.  He surveyed the room silently, and then stepped over to the front desk.

“Weren’t we expecting a few more guests?” he whispered to the Concierge.

The Concierge tapped a notepad on the desk.  “We got a call from Heartbreak Hotel—apparently a certain brand of GPS has been misdirecting people who want to get here over to there.”

“Hmm, I see.”

One of the guests shouted, “Hey, who are you?”

The newcomer spun and flashed a business class smile.  “Oh, please forgive me.  I am the Manager of this fine hotel.”

“Fine?!  What do you mean—“

“Yes, well, that’s actually why I’m here.  I had heard that there were some complaints, so I came to see what the problem is.”

The guest gaped at him for a moment.  “What the…the problem is that there are creatures roaming the halls that have been dragging us away one by one!”

“Ah, I see,” the Manager said, nodding in understanding.

“Honestly, what kind of crazy stuff do you have in this place?”

The Manager shook his head.  “This place has only its staff, its guests, and whatever you bring with you.”

“So you’re saying the Specters are a part of the staff?!”

His eyes shooting wide, the Manager said, “Heavens no!  Our utmost concern is the care of our guests—we would never employ fiends such as those!”

There was a pause as everyone processed what had been said.  It was broken by a guest sitting in the corner, who cleared their throat and shakily asked, “Th-then…does that mean the Specters…are guests?”

Everyone bristled at the suggestion.  Everyone except for the Manager, that is.

“Please don’t say such things—you’ll upset the other guests.”  The Manager raised his hands.  “Everyone, I assure you: we are doing everything in our power to make your stay here a pleasant one.  All you need to do is relax, and enjoy yourselves.  Sleep well.”

He left before anything else could be said.  The guests all took quick looks at each other, and some of them tried to leave inconspicuously.  They wanted to ignore what they were all thinking, but it was too late: the seed had already been planted.

What were they going to do if the Specters were hiding in plain sight?

Night roles have 24 hours to PM their actions!

• Upvote 5

Night 1: Final Step

Vox cast a glance over his shoulder, paranoid that someone wanted to do him in the first night.  In this case he was justified, since the Silencer was following him down the hall, obscured by shadows and not making a single sound.  As Vox entered his room, the Silencer readied to make their move.  Someone came around the corner just then, forcing them to pull back—once out of view, they peered out, and saw Housekeeping roll their cart up to Vox’s room.  The Silencer wasn’t silencing anyone tonight.

Meanwhile in the courtyard, Valendale was dancing the night away, barely registering the sound of footsteps.  He didn’t stop to look at them, he just kept dancing.

“So tell me,” the visitor said, “are you dancing to remember, or are you dancing to forget?”

“I don’t know,” Valendale said.  He chuckled.  “I suppose it was to forget, then?”

The visitor laughed in return.  “Yes…to forget.  I know of a way you can forget all of your pain.  Wouldn’t you like to know what it is?”

Valendale came to a stop finally.  Turning, he got his first good look at the visitor…and a second later, the only thing in the courtyard was his scream.

Valendale (Guest), killed by Specters and has joined the Chorus

Suspects:

-Toa TimeLord

-Nato the Traveler

-Rahkshi Guurahk

-Ice Ruler FF Crustallus

You have 24 hours to vote!

• Upvote 3

(So do we vote in this topic, or...? I'm new to this so I dunno.)

pure_muscle.png

Well I vote that it was Ice Ruler FF Crystallus. (No hard feelings, I just have this sense in my gut.)

pure_muscle.png