Mafia XXXIX: Hotel of Okoto

Pahrak Model ZX

Using XCCJ's list of people who appeared twice, I'm going to pick Unit.

That logic does make sense though, so it might be Taka, also.

Perhaps we could try getting a double hang of them?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Well... A triple-hang would be nice... Going to place my vote for Taka Nuvia. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Day 4: Turntables

-Rahkshi Guurahk – 1

-Unit#phntk#1 – 1

-Vox – 1

-Taka Nuvia – 1

The crowd in the lobby had become quite small, and the tension was climbing higher than ever.  As they argued over who to send, a voice came from down the corridor again, but this time it was just loud enough to make out.

“On a Stone Region highway, cool wind through the air

Enjoying my pleasant ride without a single care,

Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light

My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim

I had to stop for the night…”

“…The Chorus is singing,” the Manager mumbled.

One of the guests shook their head.  “A-Alright, come on.  Let’s just send all four of you.  The more people who go together, the greater chance there is you’ll survive, right?  And this way we’re guaranteed to take out at least one Specter.”

Taka seemed hesitant.  The other three, however, snickered at the suggestion.  The Manager glanced at them, and then turned back to his desk.  “...Three, actually.”

“Huh?”

The Manager looked over his shoulder.  “Yes, well, three of those four are Specters, actually.  All but their Protector were on the block, as well as one regular Guest.  Please do make the right decision and spare the innocent, yes?”

The others stepped into a circle around the four suspects.  “Well…which is it?”

“Oh you know I can’t say that.  Figure it out.”

“…We can’t waste time,” a guest said.

Drawing a knife, they lunged at the suspects and began stabbing.  The others grabbed whatever they could as well, and for the next few minutes stabbed and stabbed until all four suspects had gone down.

As the survivors scattered, the Manager said, “I trust you’re satisfied, xccj?”

Rahkshi Guurahk (Specter), killed by vote

Unit#phntk#1 (Specter), killed by vote

Vox (Specter), killed by vote

Taka Nuvia (Guest), killed by vote

The Specter Protector has 24 hours to choose their target!

• Upvote 4

Those beasts died quickly. The song gave them waaaay more credit to their durability.

Although... wiping out three specters at once. Quite an accomplishment. Way to go quadruple hanging.

:music:

Edited by xccj
  • Upvote 2

Night 5: Undying

The hotel had grown very quiet in the wake of the previous day’s bloodbath.  While there was still one Specter remaining, the eradication of the others helped soothe the remaining guests a bit—the knowledge that they now actually stood a chance lulled them into a sense of complacency.

So when xccj went to return the knife he had used, he allowed himself to become lost in thought, and didn’t hear the extra set of footsteps.  In moments, he didn’t hear anything at all.

The Specter Protector stalked into the lobby to find the Manager relaxing on the sofa.  Without looking up, the Okotan said, “Still not giving up, I see.”

“Of course not,” the Specter replied.  “Despite your warnings, fear still radiates from them.  Their minds are still on their burdens, which means they haven’t beaten me yet.”

The Manager shook his head slowly.  “So many guests have given into their pain…”

“They are free from it now.  Is that not enough?”

Standing, the Manager shot a cold gaze at the Specter Protector.  Then he disappeared into the corridor.

xccj (Guest), killed by Specters

This is it—the final round!  Three living players remain: Toa Imrukii, B0ss Manducus, and Trijhak.  Lynch the right one and the Guests will win!  Let the Specter Protector survive, and it’s their victory!

You have 24 hours to vote!

• Upvote 3

Fun fact: we had a plan to change our votes to lynch Taka at the last minute, yet all of us failed to do so.

GG us. =p

Well good luck to the three of you left in, may whoever wins win.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

Fun fact: we had a plan to change our votes to lynch Taka at the last minute, yet all of us failed to do so.

GG us. =p

No we didn't have a plan like that at all... Because vote switches aren't a thing this game. The plan was to have a certain someone hold off on voting until the last second, to ensure votes went our way, or at the very least minimal damage with Unit as a suitable inactive sacrifice.

09c7a3fbcd.gif

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

GG us. =p

No we didn't have a plan like that at all... Because vote switches aren't a thing this game. The plan was to have a certain someone hold off on voting until the last second, to ensure votes went our way, or at the very least minimal damage with Unit as a suitable inactive sacrifice.

09c7a3fbcd.gif

TIL I don't listen to that PM well.

Well I got the intended message at least, that's good. =p

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Day 5: Final Verse

Toa Imrukii – 2

B0ss Manducus – 1

Trijhak – 0

The final three guests stood quietly in the lobby.  As they were about to begin deciding who it would be today, they heard the same voice from before call out:

After a brief silence, more voices could be heard, but they were too muffled to make out.  Two of the guests turned to Imrukii, who jumped in surprise.

“But, wait, I’m not—“

The lights went out suddenly.  When they came back on, Imrukii was gone.  Manducus and Trijhak glanced nervously at each other and then went their separate ways.

From behind the desk, the Manager shook his head.  “How very unfortunate.”

Toa Imrukii (Guest), killed by vote

End: Our Own Device

Later that afternoon, Manducus returned to the lobby in the hopes of seeing Imrukii.  However, the other guest had yet to return.  He looked around, making sure he was alone, and then began to consider his options, when he heard singing.

He found himself heading down the hallway the voices were coming from.

“There she stood in the doorway

I heard the mission bell

And I was thinking to myself

‘Have I fallen under a spell?’

Then she lit up a candle and showed me the way

There were voices down the corridor

I thought I heard them say

Welcome to the Hotel of Okoto

Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)

Such a lovely face

Plenty of room at the Hotel of Okoto

Any time of year (any time of year) you can find it here…”

Manducus continued onward, walking deeper and deeper into the corridors.  They had combed the entire hotel searching for an exit, but this hall was unfamiliar to him somehow.  He considered turning around, when suddenly he heard Imrukii’s voice:

“This place is totally twisted, confusion with no end

It’s hard, so very, very hard to tell who is a friend

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

So I called up the Captain,

“Please bring me my drink”

He said, “We haven't had that spirit here for many years, I think”…”

Strangely, he kept moving forward.  Stranger still, before he knew what he was doing, he picked up where the Chorus left off:

“And still those voices are calling from far away,

Wake you up in the middle of the night

Just to hear them say

Welcome to the Hotel of Okoto

Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)

Such a lovely face…”

He didn’t understand.  But he kept walking, and soon he emerged into a room the same size as the lobby, every inch of the walls and ceiling covered with mirrors.  However, he didn’t see his own reflection in any of them.  Each one held the image of one of the lost guests.  And still, they sang to him:

“They livin' it up at the Hotel of Okoto

What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise), bring your alibis

Mirrors on the ceiling,

Room as cold as ice

And she said, “We are all just prisoners here, of our own device”…”

He heard a chuckle.  Spinning, he saw Trijhak standing behind him, and suddenly the room grew darker.  Shadows appeared within the reflections, and the guests finally reacted, doing their best to beat back the Specters as they moved to consume them.

“And in the master's chambers,

They gathered for the feast

They stab it with their steely knives,

But they just can't kill the beast…”

Manducus broke into a sprint.  He barreled past Trijhak and shot down the hallway, moving as fast as his legs could carry him.  As he rounded the corner, he skidded to a halt: Trijhak was there, reaching out with an inviting smile.

“Last thing I remember, I was

Running for the door

I had to find the passage back to the place I was before

“Relax,” said the night man,

“We are programmed to receive.

You can check out any time you like,

But you can never leave!””

Back in the lobby, the Manager sat alone behind the front desk.  “Such a shame,” he mumbled.  “I told them to relax, I told them to empty their minds and put their burdens aside.  They found their way here because they were carrying terrible pain, and I did my best to get them to forget that pain.”

Trijhak, the Specter Protector, walked into the lobby with a satisfied smirk.  “But you couldn’t control what they brought with them.  They brought their demons, and in the end, their demons won.”

The Manager stood.  “I have no intentions of tolerating you any further.  Leave, and do not bother this hotel again.”

With a laugh, Trijhak walked back out the way he came in.  The Manager reached under his desk and pulled out a sign that read “VACANCY”, and went to hang it in the window.

B0ss Manducus (Guest), eliminated with no chance of victory

Victory for Trijahk, the Specter Protector!

Thank you all for playing!

• Upvote 3

Well, that went well up until three of us died at the same time thanks to my own incompetence at not voting when I was supposed to.

And then I won anyway. Ah, what a feeling, the last one left, nobody to contest you... I heard there's this island, called Mata Nui or something, that has quite the population...

• Upvote 3

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Good game, people.

The best part about this whole game for me was that I did a much better job protecting Mafians (Vox at Night 1, Trijhak at Night 2) than actual Villagers :P. It was like I was working for the Mafia the entire time without even noticing. I mean, that may or may not be the reason why they were allowed to keep on killing the following days and eventually leading to Trijhak winning it all.

• Upvote 3

pWPTu7m.jpg

This was admittedly a fun game, and I'm thankful for FF's protection as I would have died night 1... again. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Yes, the vote count included the Chorus, and yes, TimeLord was the only Chorus vote that went through.  He had A, so he was the start of the chain.  I didn't hear from the person with B, so no other votes went through.

In hindsight, the Chorus System needs some major revision if it's ever going to be used again.  If anyone has suggestions I would really appreciate it.

This was an interesting game. I really enjoyed the final chapter, with how the song was used in conjunction to the scene. 

Good game everyone. B-)

^What TSM said, that was really ingenious.

It was a fun game; thanks for hosting it Pahrak!

Edit: I left out a word. Probably because I'm about to go to bed and need sleep.

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png