Are kanohi packs worth it?

A friend is offering me a sealed 8530 kanohi pack for £10, is it worth buying one, or is the chance of getting a "default" mask just too high, or what about the slight possibility of a yellow kaukau? what does everyone think, please share your thoughts ;)

• Upvote 1

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

I've never bought one personally. But if I had to guess. Your chances wouldn't be that good. You'd be better off looking for one on Bricklink.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong. But the yellow KauKau is a misprint and wouldn't be found in a mask pack iirc

Edited by Takanuinuva

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Kanohi packs are fun, but not particularly reliable when it comes to getting the mask that you want. Taken it from experiences, I can say that whole heartedly.

Your best bet is to buy them online, through brickshelf or through ebay. At least from my experiences. Though in recent I have actually comepletely my 2001 kanohi collection, and missprints, my most recent Kanohi purchases were through BZP from other members. So whenever those come up, and the person in question is is a trusted trader, I'd say that too is a safe waynto get the masks you want and or need, as well as other BILNICLE related stuff needless to say.

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I've never bought one personally. But if I had to guess. Your chances wouldn't be that good. You'd be better off looking for one on Bricklink.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong. But the yellow KauKau is a misprint and wouldn't be found in a mask pack iirc

IIRC the Trans. Fluor. Yellow and Trans. Fluor. Blue Kaukau may have been misprints, but nevertheless were distributed in the mask packs alongside the regular Kanohi.

That said, I don't know if the mere chance of a rarer mask makes that price worth it.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

£10 sounds pretty steep to me, when they sold for... what, a third of that price back in the day? Mask packs were very cool, in my personal opinion, and I loved the surprise of not knowing which mask was coming; but I wouldn't recommend paying anywhere near that price for one.

I mean, granted, they may be worth more now than I remember, they are sixteen years old by this point; but my perspective is forever gonna be that of a buyer from the time I guess xD;

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

• 2 weeks later...