Hero Factory Combiners

tomdroidser

I had, for a while, built Hero Factory combiner sets with instructions from the Hero Factory website. I built set combiners 2182+2191 (which will be called Bird Dog) and 2143+2145 (who, for convenience, will be called Lion King). Bird Dog picture is linked, but I don't have an individual picture of Lion King. Anybody else built official Hero Factory combiners?-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

I've built all the 3.0 combiners and used the 2.0 combiner as "inspiration" for other combiners. Most of my Heroes have some sort of modifications done to them so I can make the combiners as the instructions show.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I built the one that involved stormer 2.0 and i liked that one allot due to the height it was actually the height of a toa. so i enjoyed building that one.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

i have built both of the 3.0 combiners in the OP, but not saber-bear as i do not have stringer 3.0.

Edited by ben61

so...this is...my sig...

i'll put some stuff here soon...

don't really know why i'm typing this...

i'm so pathetic...

it's bulk 3.0 time!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ehthak/HFChibis/bulk3.0.swf

props to Xidash for the sig, got it from the epig sigpet shop!

No, not ever. I have built some Bionicle combiners, though, if that still counts in some manner.

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I had, for a while, built Hero Factory combiner sets with instructions from the Hero Factory website. I built set combiners 2182+2191 (which will be called Bird Dog) and 2143+2145 (who, for convenience, will be called Lion King). Bird Dog picture is linked, but I don't have an individual picture of Lion King. Anybody else built official Hero Factory combiners?-Tomdroidser

Are you simply looking for an individual picture of 2143+2145? If so, you could build it using these instructions. Alternatively, this folder on Brickshelf has quite a few pictures.Personally, I have yet to build any of the combiner models, since I can be quite lazy when it comes to going online for instructions. However, some of the models from the 2.0 and 3.0 waves do seem interesting (particularly the one containing Breez).~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Are you simply looking for an individual picture of 2143+2145? If so, you could build it using these instructions. Alternatively, this folder on Brickshelf has quite a few pictures.Personally, I have yet to build any of the combiner models, since I can be quite lazy when it comes to going online for instructions. However, some of the models from the 2.0 and 3.0 waves do seem interesting (particularly the one containing Breez).~ BioGio
Actually, I already built them. I just don't have pictures of my 2143+2145 combiner models.-Tomdroidser

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't built any HF combiners. Mostly because they don't tend to be very good, but you never know, there may be an amazing combiner of HF out there somewhere I don't know about. Combiners can be excellent, but only when they are done right. It does not help to combine two sets with completely different colour schemes that contrast horribly. (such as the Splitface + Surge combiner.)However, I'd love there to be more than one combiner for a couple of sets. Such as, let's say Furno, included in a combiner involving both Furno and Splitface or Furno and Jawblade.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I built the 1.0 thing with the chest-piece as its head.that thing was awful.

Lol, I did that too back when I cared about Hero Factory. Still, with the Agori design, you can't do much with combiners. Look at Gaardus!
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

• 3 weeks later...

I got an extra Furno and Jawblade just to make the combiner. I modified it a bit so it has hands in the right place and gave it some different blades to hold. I also came to the conclusion that it's a sky shark.

You are their rock.

I recently got 6293 Furno and 6216 Jawblade and made that combiner. I think that it's more like a shark with legs and turbines. Also, isn't there one combiner that has a minor role in the storyline?-Tomdroidser

I recently got 6293 Furno and 6216 Jawblade and made that combiner. I think that it's more like a shark with legs and turbines. Also, isn't there one combiner that has a minor role in the storyline?-Tomdroidser

Lucas Valor http://hf.biosector01.com/wiki/Lucas_Valor was the combiner for the first year of Hero Factory sets. He looks like ###### though.I just made Evo/ Toxic Repa or as I like to call it "The War Tortes" This the last combiner I'm going to build until this summer.

You are their rock.

I don't make the combiners. Most of them look ugly and are pointless. I sort of liked the one you call "Lion King" but the builds of these combiners aren't too creative.

Takua Nui

of

GoAnimate

• 2 weeks later...

I don't make the combiners. Most of them look ugly and are pointless. I sort of liked the one you call "Lion King" but the builds of these combiners aren't too creative.

You know, those are the official LEGO models, so tomdroiser isn't looking for feedback on the creativity.However, I agree that most combiner models are rather pointless, and they typically don't end up looking all to good due to the specific selection of parts and colors. Lucas Valor was probably my absolute least favorite of the combination models, what with the torso-armor head and everything.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."