What Did You Do While The Forums Were Down?

Illustrious Var

I replaced my addiction to BZPower with an addiction to [that video website], played Halo Reach like a madman, gained about 10 lbs, and toiled away through schoolwork and college preparation.

Edited by Superbionicle

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

I carried on with life, made friends, learned stuff, went swimming, basically everything I did when I wasn't on BZP.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I got a 4.0 for freshman year, and am working on my current 4.2 this year. =D I played with minecraft mods and played MC with real friends this time instead of bzpers. Not that I'm too unhappy with the downtime, but next time, I'd like to have a warning first. ~Roablin

banner.png

I frequented a number of completely innocent Lego-centric sites that BZPower has deemed unfit to mention here. One of those Lego database sites recently set up a forum, so I transferred most of my forum activity to there. 101001001 BC 0100100110

Edited by Binary Code

Lived life... read To Kill a Mockingbird again, watched some Hercule Poirot movies and copious amounts of Top Gear UK, made new friends and gained a new outlook on life. You know, the usual http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gif. Not really. It was enjoyable. I suppose I should add that posting on the forums occupies only a small amount of my time (317 posts since joining in 2003; those are the stats so far).

Edited by RetroFangled Kanohi
qs8497.jpgqs8497.jpg

qs8497.jpg

ubda4249ti7.gif

Formerly known as bionicle crazy, Vorahk 28(bionicle crazy, Hakann the Hunter, Takadox: the Hypnotic Master, ~Infinity S~, Mario's Brother and Lime Green Kanohi. Phew! What a long list of names!

I mostly did what I usually did while on BZP. Which is play a game called Runescape, play the piano, and other stuff. It was probably good that BZP was down for awhile. It gave me a bit of a break from the computer (Sometimes. :P). -Rez

• Upvote 1

Enjoyed my life, to the point that I'm going to find it difficult to work BZP into it again. :P

Sincerely, Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith :smilemirunu:

Edited by Nuile: Lunatic Wordsmith

When I know I can't live without a pen and paper, when I know writing is as necessary to me as breathing . . .

tumblr_meb7408mTy1r4ejnio1_1280.gif

I know I am ready to start my voyage.

A Musing Author . . . Want to read my books?

There were a few times when I was really wishing BZP was back, but I was actually pretty busy most of the time. Things I did include: -Taking a summer class so I could take an extra class this year-Going to D.C. and then BrickFair-School-More school-more school?-Went to Sacramento a couple times-Went to BrickCon-Went on the forums, trying to help out when I could-Read a lot-Got some ideas for stories, but didn't end up writing any of them, unfortunately-Other various everyday things like hanging out with people, working out, running, going to school/practice, et cetera I remember last downtime when most days I would sit around trying to find something else to do; I'm glad I was able to be kept busy this time. But don't get me wrong, I'm really glad BZP is back and now realize how much I've missed it. =P newso1.png

Edited by Toa_Velox

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Oh you know, the usual stuff, murdered a gaggle of roving space poodles, Joined the International Austrian Acrobatic society, Played Black Ops until my fingers bled, made friends with the Ogres under my bed, saved christmas from Nazi vampires twice, you know, nothing big.

Lonliness echoes through my mind like the reaper's footsteps,

Creeping, crawling until every reverberation of it fills my thoughts,

As the inky blackness of night overwhelms me and I begin to despair,

His hand, the One, will always be there to pull me through.

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

I become lost and cut off from society, and slowly went mad from the isolation. But seriously I finished my 300+ page Legend of Zelda epic(more than 100,000 words long), started collage, and did some text based Roleplaying.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

I got myself acquainted with the rest of the internet, taking part in various online communities and, along the way, meeting new people and trying new things. I like to think I grew as a person from those experiences and learned a little something along the way. Good times. Also, Exams.

\/ The user below me is dumb a neat guy. \/

Finished junior year of college, tried (unsuccessfully) to get a job, and thought about how much time I had over the summer that I could have been updating comedies.Then school started again and I forgot all about BZP, though I still checked occasionally on the off chance the forums came back. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Considering I had NO clue the forums were down, I went and played a few Free to play games, payed bills, worked, lived on my own, and get into shape for Navy Basic training. Since forums have been down (I'm assuming April), I have:

• [*]Work many jobs[*]Dealt with a death in the family[*]Lost a job[*]Lost my home[*]Moved in with my father[*]Joined the United States Navy

A lot has happened. But I have done more growing up than I thought would happen in 6 months

Be back after Basic Naval Training. IE After I graduate the Navy's Basic Training. I leave December 1st 2011

Got a job, continued my education, worked on my art and writing skills, and plenty of other stuff. Oh, and listened to my brother complain about not being able to go on the forums.

Edited by Toa Novu

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

Started at university, did a lot of Disney-based roleplaying, got a serious crush on someone I met on one of those sites, gained an interest in the Harry Potter franchise... nothing to speak of, really :P ...although I'd already officially left BZ before the place went down, so it didn't really affect me anyway.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Hm, let's see...Reread all 7 Harry Potter books, saw the last movie (twice), graduated high school, went to college, aced my first test (Calculus), attempted (unsuccessfully) to reread the Eragon series, tried (again, unsuccesfully) to get a job, had a birthday, checked every now and then to see if the forums were back, checked Bioniclestory for new stories, read/listened to the single one we got, and pondered what I would put in the "What did you do when the forums were down" topic I knew would inevitably be posted. Not necessarily in that order. :P

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka