Hitman: The Hunted

Valendale

STORY

One fine day, a train was passing through a clearing between two tunnels. Unbeknownst to the riders, today's train was boarded by several assassins, on their way to pit their skills against one another. They would never make it to their destination, but they still might get the chance they were seeking. Up in the tunnel ahead, the engine must have hit something, because the whole train tumbled and swung around. No one emerged from either tunnel. Those in the cars in the clearing were mostly the assassins and the few surviving civilians in those cars would likely be picked off be them or the nearby wildlife before the next morning. Unfortunately, the next morning was as soon as there would be hope of the authorities arriving. None of the assassins wanted to be around for that, but escape might be hard since it was getting dark soon, and there were so many of them around...

PLAYING THE GAME
What do I do in this game?

In this game, you are attempting to assassinate other players. You do this by PMing me with the name of the player you are targeting. You have six types of weapons in your arsenal to choose from: Sharp Object, Blunt Object, Elemental, Poison, Explosive, and Ranged. In addition to your target's name, you will also PM me the weapon you will use in your assassination attempt. Be as creative as you'd like, as long as your weapon fits into one of those types.

You are not guaranteed a kill. Different assassins have different resistances and weaknesses against different weapons. When signing up for the game, you will PM me a list of your resistences and corresponding numerical values, like so:

Sharp Object: 1
Blunt Object: 2
Elemental: 3
Poison: 4
Explosives: 5
Ranged: 6

Whenever a player is attacked, I will roll a die. If the number is higher than that player's resistance to that type, they're dead.

SPECIAL RULES FOR THIS GAME

Each round, one player will be given the opportunity to make an extra kill attempt. The conditions to receive this ability will vary from round to round, but each player may only receive it once.

PLAYER LIST

Sign ups will remain open for a while, and I have no cap on how many people can play.

-Makuta Luroka

-Smoke Monster

-FF

-JAG18

-Timelord Killed by ShadowVezon

-ShadowVezon

-A Forgotten Soul Killed by Timelord

Other than that, this is my first time hosting a Hitman game, so I hope I haven't messed anything up here.

Edited by Valendale
  • Upvote 3

Alright, it's looking like this all we'll get. Since this is a small number, I think I'll remove the bonus kills unless we somehow get a lot more people in the next 48 hours.

I can post who would have gotten the bonus kill with each round if everyone would like that?

Alright, it's looking like this all we'll get. Since this is a small number, I think I'll remove the bonus kills unless we somehow get a lot more people in the next 48 hours.

I can post who would have gotten the bonus kill with each round if everyone would like that?

I would be okay with that. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Round 1

Makuta Luroka was the first to claw himself out of the wreckage. He took a few minutes to survey his surroundings. They had stopped in a large clearing, surrounded by mountains on all sides. It looked to be late afternoon, just before dusk. The area nearby was pretty heavily wooded. Perfect, he thought. Luroka found a tree to hide in and began charging up a shadow blast for whoever was unlucky enough to exit the train next.

That person turned out to be none other than Toa Timelord, but he collapsed before the shadows could even reach him. Behind him stood ShadowVezon with a lightning-charged screwdriver.

After that, each of the assassins exited the train one by one and found a place in the clearing without too much incident. Except for one, that is. A Forgotten Soul had been knocked unconscious by the crash. As he finally came to and began to find his way out, he came across Timelord's body at the entrance, still cackling with energy from the lightning attack. The corpse flashed and it and the train wreckage disappeared around Forgotten Soul. He was quick to figure out he had seemingly been transported back in time before the crash. He wasn't quick enough to figure out to move out of the way.

As the remaining Hitmen settled into their home for the night, the sun was setting over them. Nocturnal Rahi were beginning to stir. Perhaps it might be a good to idea to befriend them? Otherwise, it might be hard to survive should they go hostile. And hostility was all throughout the air tonight.

Timelord killed by ShadowVezon with a laser screwdriver. (Ranged)

A Forgotten Soul time warped by Timelord. (Elemental)

Luroka would have gotten the bonus kill this round.

Send in Round 2 actions.

Now, for the next round's bonus kill, the plan was to have each player attempt to tame a rahi and make an attack with it, with the best one becoming the bonus kill. Of course, none of that is necessary now.

Round 2

It was getting dark fast, but with the little daylight left combined with the faint glow of the firefliers in the are, JAG18 could see what appeared to be someone burying something in the area bellow the tree he was perched in. That was surely no good. He readied his plasma cannon. The light of its shot clearly illuminated the identity of his victim: Fluorescent Flowers, better known as FF .

JAG18 jumped down from his tree, being sure to head the opposite direction from FF's body. He hadn't made it far when he felt a sharp pain in his arm. He let out a small scream as he looked for the cause. It appears he had wandered into the territory of some nui-jaga. It might not be fatal, but he would have to get out of there fast. So he ran deeper into the woods, not sure where he was going.

The scream had attracted the attention of the nearby Toa Smoke Monster. He had followed it, hoping for an easy kill on already wounded prey. How disappointing it was then to find a still corpse. As Smoke Monster stepped near to ShadowVezon, he made sure neither of them would be considered much of a "body" ever again.

Elsewhere, Luroka and ShadowVezon had forgone the stealthy method in favor of direct combat. SV was missing blow after blow, all while slowly being corrupted by the makuta's shadow energy. But one good hit from his chainsword would be all it took to behead Luroka. SV finally collapsed as the antidermis and shadows flowed all around.

SV killed by Luroka with elemental shadow. (Elemental)
Luroka killed by SV with chainsword. (Sharp)
FF killed by JAG18 with plasma cannon. (Ranged)
Smoke Monster killed by FF with landmine. (Explosive)

JAG18 had run deep, very deep into the woods, and it was so dark it was almost impossible to see anything. But it seemed he had found some sort of shrine, long since abandoned. It wasn't much, but it was a place to rest, and maybe put the thoughts of the other assassins out of his mind. He was still in immense pain from the sting, and by the time it was light enough to see a way out of this place, the authorities would be here, ready to make his arrest. If the venom didn't get him before then that was. Still, in some sick and twisted way, perhaps he had become a winner tonight.

JAG18 wins!
Edited by Valendale
  • Upvote 2

Good game. I would have preferred my attack which killed Luroka to have actually killed Luroka though rather than FF stealing the kill, but oh well.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Good game. I would have preferred my attack which killed Luroka to have actually killed Luroka though rather than FF stealing the kill, but oh well.

Especially since FF was already dead at that point. It was late when I was writing this; I'll give it an edit.