BZPower's 2017 Spinny

These last few days I was thinking it was going to be either this or the mask of ultimate power, given the significance of both of them last year. I'm happy we got this one though.

Who knows, maybe we'll get the the MoUP next year.

The lack of official (available) MoUP piece makes it unlikely, unless LEGO gives us some help.  Plus I think its time may have passed by next year.  We'll have to see what the future holds.

• Upvote 3

OpAXNpl.jpg

I know we have a lot of golden masks as spinnies, but is a blue one really celebratory of sixteen years? It's BZP's sweet sixteen! If it was a US citizen, it could drive!  

I'm glad it's the Mask of Creation, though.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing it spin by my account some time in the distant future  ;)

Certainly a great choice, though it's sad that a 2016 mask had to jump in for what could have been an official 2017 one... alas

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

to be honest I kind of knew this would be the mask, it was either this or the MoUP

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/

But the next question is, what of 2019? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I mean, we should probably get 2018 out of the way first. :v

Most likely will be the MoUP, or maybe a beast mask.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I kind of think that by 2018 it might be time to start moving on to other LEGO themes, like Ninjago. Certainly there's no shortage of possibilities there, and the Breez spinny already offers precedent for using, say, a minifigure head.

I kind of think that by 2018 it might be time to start moving on to other LEGO themes, like Ninjago. Certainly there's no shortage of possibilities there, and the Breez spinny already offers precedent for using, say, a minifigure head.

I know I joked about the Star Wars heads right above, but BZP should at least stick to constraction if it can't stick to Bionicle, so long as there is a current constraction theme to draw on. I'd still prefer going through the vast library of unused Bionicle masks, even if they aren't "current", but if we're venturing into other themes at leasts let's stick to constraction.

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

• 3 weeks later...

I know I joked about the Star Wars heads right above, but BZP should at least stick to constraction if it can't stick to Bionicle, so long as there is a current constraction theme to draw on. I'd still prefer going through the vast library of unused Bionicle masks, even if they aren't "current", but if we're venturing into other themes at leasts let's stick to constraction.

Is there an infected Hau yet? That's a pretty iconic one from the early days.

Is there an infected Hau yet? That's a pretty iconic one from the early days.

Not that I've seen.

Personally, I'd prefer a Krana.

67685335.jpg             

• 1 month later...