CCBS wishlist

maddog419

in the improvment that ccbs has had in the time it has had, what characters would be great to see using this system? personally i would love to see Ultron, Spawn, Predator, WarMachine, Cyborg (DC) Deathstroke and Sauron and some monsters like werewolves and vampires but very mature. Though honestly i would just love to see more mature sets using ccbs, i am 23 and love the design ccbs is going with since bionicle g2 and starwars characters. 

but what ideas do you have?

p.s i know mature sets arnt coming any time soon :(

Edited by maddog419
  • Upvote 1

Welcome to BZPower, man!

Yeah, the current experimentation with Star Wars isn't enough for constraction, even if said experiments are much greater than those that were being tried by designers in the later years of Gen. 1. Right now, the medium is in serious need of new fans. As far as specific characters are concerned, I'd love to see The Flash and an updated Batman at some point; those two characters could really benefit from the system. Doctor Strange would also be a nice game-changer.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

More DC and Marvel characters would be nice. Here's my list of characters from these things:

DC:

1. Brainiac

2. Bane

3. Killer Croc

4. Mr. Freeze

5. Doomsday

6. Superman

7. Cyborg

8. The Flash

9. Clayface

Marvel:

1. Ultron

2. Thor

3. Doctor Octopus

4. Electro

5. Either Whiplash or that guy with the whips from a movie from Iron Man 2 in 2010

6. The Green Goblin with his glider

7. Spider-Man

8. Venom

9. Carnage

10. Doctor Strange

11. Black Panther

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

i think one thing about constraction sets is that the human or biological (unless covered in armor) dont seem right, though obi one looked the best out of the sets with human faces

another id like to see is doctor doom, be awesome. or doomsday, be cool to see if they can really improve on characters who are primarely all muscle like hulk, thor, spider man, black panther, venom, bane ect..

• Upvote 2

Can I just get Steven Universe in CCBS.

Unfortunately it's unlikely, what with MacFarlane Toys making Steven Universe buildinng sets. :(

Maybe if we'd get a constraction line with more varied colors (more purples, etc.) you could at least MOC some, but for the time being it'd be quite a challenge, especially with Star Wars favoring whites, blacks, and earth tones.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Something I'd like to see is greater variety in body types. I know that's what the system was mainly developed for, but seeing it used only for humanoids is a bit bland. The HF days didn't see the system used to full potential. Bionicle G2 had some neat experiments, like 2015 Onua and Lord of the Skull Spiders, as well as Skull Scorpio then with the creatures and beasts in 2016. The only interesting thing to come of Star Wars so far is Darth Vader, General Grievous and that one piece used to cover the back of gearboxes with the neck molded on it. 

I'd love to see more experimentation with non-humanoid characters.

:kakama:

• Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

So what if LEGO did their own original story with CCBS?

Kinda like what they're doing with Ninjago, make a whole world with its lore and stuff. I know the CCBS building style doesn't really lend itself well to biological builds (see: CCBS humans in SW), why not do robots? But not like Hero Factory, something more... life-y. Like, bio-mechanical characters. And then give them powers and stuff and find a cool setting for it.

It's wild, but I think it'd be dope.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Kinda like what they're doing with Ninjago, make a whole world with its lore and stuff. I know the CCBS building style doesn't really lend itself well to biological builds (see: CCBS humans in SW), why not do robots? But not like Hero Factory, something more... life-y. Like, bio-mechanical characters. And then give them powers and stuff and find a cool setting for it.

As on the nose as that is, I'd be interested to see non-human Fantasy humanoids made with CCBS. Since your idea about bio-mechanical elementals is wild, let's tone it back and go full D&D fantasy with elemental constructs. Keep the elemental vibe but go full fantasy instead of bio-mechanical science-fantasy.

• Upvote 1

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

As on the nose as that is, I'd be interested to see non-human Fantasy humanoids made with CCBS. Since your idea about bio-mechanical elementals is wild, let's tone it back and go full D&D fantasy with elemental constructs. Keep the elemental vibe but go full fantasy instead of bio-mechanical science-fantasy.

What if the characters were made of elemental energy?  A being made purely of fire, or water, or a living tornado?

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Something I'd like to see is greater variety in body types. I know that's what the system was mainly developed for, but seeing it used only for humanoids is a bit bland. The HF days didn't see the system used to full potential. Bionicle G2 had some neat experiments, like 2015 Onua and Lord of the Skull Spiders, as well as Skull Scorpio then with the creatures and beasts in 2016. The only interesting thing to come of Star Wars so far is Darth Vader, General Grievous and that one piece used to cover the back of gearboxes with the neck molded on it.

Bit surprising to me that you found Onua and Lord of Skull Spiders worth mentioning as departures from normal humanoid designs but didn't think Hero Factory had much to offer in that regard. In the grand scheme of things, Hero Factory had a lot of nice sets with unusual body types such as Scorpio, Raw-Jaw, Witch Doctor, Toxic Reapa, Jawblade, Thornraxx, Bruizer, Dragon Bolt, and a whole bunch of the Invasion from Below sets.

Of course, most HF sets were humanoid, but I think that's more a general tendency among action figures (LEGO and non-LEGO alike) than anything specific to Hero Factory or to CCBS. I don't anticipate that changing a lot with a future CCBS theme — we'll probably continue to see occasional non-humanoid sets, but they won't be the norm.

• Upvote 1

Bit surprising to me that you found Onua and Lord of Skull Spiders worth mentioning as departures from normal humanoid designs but didn't think Hero Factory had much to offer in that regard. In the grand scheme of things, Hero Factory had a lot of nice sets with unusual body types such as Scorpio, Raw-Jaw, Witch Doctor, Toxic Reapa, Jawblade, Thornraxx, Bruizer, Dragon Bolt, and a whole bunch of the Invasion from Below sets.

Of course, most HF sets were humanoid, but I think that's more a general tendency among action figures (LEGO and non-LEGO alike) than anything specific to Hero Factory or to CCBS. I don't anticipate that changing a lot with a future CCBS theme — we'll probably continue to see occasional non-humanoid sets, but they won't be the norm.

I didn't mean to write off HF, I'm just not too familiar with the sets and only have passing knowledge that they did an animal-themed wave once. I was more pointing at the fact that, at the time, CCBS wasn't being used to its full potential and the designs were not as refined as they are now, or were during the G2 run of Bionicle. 

What if the characters were made of elemental energy?  A being made purely of fire, or water, or a living tornado?

people, people... you just described bionicle lol no i understand the direction your going. The D&D idea sounds dope, bio mechanized warriors,creatures and maybe a tone of spirtual or magic touch with of course, the elements. I do got to say the blues and purples combined arnt used enough, like the gargoyals from nexo knights, love to see a ccbs system with those elments :ahhh:

Edited by maddog419

Would love to see a fighting game like Soul Calibur or Mortal Kombat turned into a line of CCBS figures. Might make for an interesting series of MOC's one day. ;)

I could totally see Mortal Kombat's roster made as CCBS sets. Hey, maybe the play feature could be dismemberment, eh?

In all seriousness though, I'd love to grab a CCBS Smoke and Skorpion.

I could totally see Mortal Kombat's roster made as CCBS sets. Hey, maybe the play feature could be dismemberment, eh?

Cyborg characters like Sektor and Cyrax would lend themselves well to CCBS. And a fatality action feature would be so awesome. :P

Cyborg characters like Sektor and Cyrax would lend themselves well to CCBS. And a fatality action feature would be so awesome. :P

if only lego was open to mature cotent, i would throw so much cash it would look like a strip club lol

if only lego was open to mature cotent, i would throw so much cash it would look like a strip club lol

If Lego were open to mature content I'd rather see licensed Mass Effect sets, both system and constraction.

Give me that UCS Sovereign with microscale Normandy, mmmhmmm.

I have an idea, bear with me as I dredge up some old schtuff out of my data banks.

So there's an old Sega Genesis (or Mega Drive, depending where you are) game called Bio-Hazard Battle.  It's a side-scrolling shoot-em-up taking place on Earth, many years after a nuclear war.  Human survivors in space send down four pilots to see if Earth is inhabitable again.  The game itself is bad IMHO, but here's what's cool about the whole concept - the pilots don't use fighter jets or anything, they use these things called bio-ships.  They're shaped like birds, fish, and insects - one looks like a dragonfly, another like a stingray.  I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be alive.

Why not do something similar with CCBS?  Make a series of flying machines shaped like animals, using the bones-and-shell system to make them flex and look alive.  In the head, have a sort of cockpit to fit a minifigure pilot.

(Also, knocking down two of the most common wishes at once - CCBS mechs and more non-humanoid builds)

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

5. Either Whiplash or that guy with the whips from a movie from Iron Man 2 in 2010

That was Marvel Studios' poorly thought out Whiplash.

Edited by Wiriamu

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

• 2 weeks later...

If Lego were open to mature content I'd rather see licensed Mass Effect sets, both system and constraction.

Imagine all the derpy Andromeda faces in Lego form.

Finally, the human heads from SW put to good use.

Edited by Ta-metru_defender
  • Upvote 1

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky