Wait a minute, is that what I think it is?

ToaTImeLord

Is Lego bringing back Galidor?

qpgbzpuwm05z.jpg

20347034_255530758284320_686341056710574

In the new Ninjago movie set there are the two Easter eggs to the line. The minifigs shirt and the coming soon movie poster.

The biggest clue to a potential return is the movie poster that says coming soon. It is a key detail that Lego added for a reason. If Lego was not creating a Galidor G2 then why add a coming soon label?

It begs the question is Galidor returning and if so is it going to be in constraction or system.

I think it will be a system series to replace Nexo Knights.

So what do think?

Edited by Chief TimeLord of Tesara
  • Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I don't think that it'll be in constraction, or system. Or technic. Or even Clikits. Sorry about that.

It's a joke.

Y'know, I think that this covers it pretty well.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Given that Lego only licensed the theme, rather than creating it-so far as I'm aware-I don't really see them creating a brand new deal with it. As has been said, this is more a joke/epic level Easter egg for long time Lego fans.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Given that Lego only licensed the theme, rather than creating it-so far as I'm aware-I don't really see them creating a brand new deal with it. As has been said, this is more a joke/epic level Easter egg for long time Lego fans.

Actually, Lego DID create Galidor. It was one of their first major TV endeavors, though needless to say it did not go as well as later attempts like Ninjago.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Actually, Lego DID create Galidor. It was one of their first major TV endeavors, though needless to say it did not go as well as later attempts like Ninjago.

Wait, they did?! Citations, please. I want to know who thought these toys were a good idea.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

Wait, they did?! Citations, please. I want to know who thought these toys were a good idea.

As is often the case when wondering about Lego's business decisions during the late '90s and early '00s, your best source is probably Brick by Brick.

In essence, Galidor was rushed to market after Bionicle's breakout success (and during an overall slump for Lego in which they were desperate for a hit). There were a lot of reasons for its failure, first and foremost that it was not given the kind of planning and focus testing of themes like Bionicle (instead being hastily reworked from a non-story-based action figure theme in development). But other factors included not even being able to release the toys in the U.K. until long after the show began airing (when any potential excitement had long-since been wasted) thanks to restrictive advertising laws, pricing the sets well above comparable action figures due to high-detail, high-quality molds, and trying to break into the crowded action figure market with a brand-new, untested IP instead of a more popular licensed franchise.

That said, there are a few voices within Lego who feel that, if these missteps had been avoided, the theme could have had the potential to be great. These include Niels Milan Pedersen, one of Lego's oldest designers who is responsible for not just Galidor parts but also classic part designs like the original crocodile, skeleton, and octopus, or more recent parts like the alien and sea creature molds from Space Police and Atlantis!

• Upvote 4

That said, there are a few voices within Lego who feel that, if these missteps had been avoided, the theme could have had the potential to be great. These include Niels Milan Pedersen, one of Lego's oldest designers who is responsible for not just Galidor parts but also classic part designs like the original crocodile, skeleton, and octopus, or more recent parts like the alien and sea creature molds from Space Police and Atlantis!

Yeah, Galidor had a lot of potential. The building system while simple has a lot of potential and the same type of joints where used after Galidor was canned with the Knights Kingdom II action figures. Also the joints from KKII are still used today. Edited by Legorza
  • Upvote 1

Yes Galidor did look very weird compared to other bricks themes at the time. Add in the poor success and the theme fell on its feet and barely lasted longer than a year and half. Even the show itself ended on a bad cliffhanger and it is very unlikely to be brought back. Maybe in brick form but not action figure size

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

probably just lego reusing the galidor  IP so that they dont loose the right to the IP other companies do the same thing too just look at the names of nerf guns

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/

probably just lego reusing the galidor IP so that they dont loose the right to the IP other companies do the same thing too just look at the names of nerf guns

As someone wrapping up a brand writing internship with Hasbro (which involves things like coming up with names and doing trademark searches), that's not really how it works. Yes, continued use of a trademark is necessary to maintain it. But the Galidor trademark has not been in use for 15 years, expired way back in 2010, and is considered unrevivable: www.trademarkia.com/galidor-78171782.html

In other words, including it on a sticker or minifigure doesn't make any difference in its trademark status. And to be perfectly honest, considering Lego (or any other company) probably has no chance or even desire to try to create a success out of one of their biggest historical failures, I doubt the upkeep of the Galidor brand is high on their list of priorities.

• Upvote 1

probably just lego reusing the galidor IP so that they dont loose the right to the IP other companies do the same thing too just look at the names of nerf guns

As someone wrapping up a brand writing internship with Hasbro (which involves things like coming up with names and doing trademark searches), that's not really how it works. Yes, continued use of a trademark is necessary to maintain it. But the Galidor trademark has not been in use for 15 years, expired way back in 2010, and is considered unrevivable: www.trademarkia.com/galidor-78171782.html

In other words, including it on a sticker or minifigure doesn't make any difference in its trademark status. And to be perfectly honest, considering Lego (or any other company) probably has no chance or even desire to try to create a success out of one of their biggest historical failures, I doubt the upkeep of the Galidor brand is high on their list of priorities.

thanks for letting me know

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/