Sharkdude the River Warrior

Hey yo! Howya doin? I don't think you know who I am, but where I come from I'm kinda a big deal. So my species originally evolved in this huge river, I dunno where cuz it was forever ago but that's not where I'm from. I come from this coastal city with the hippest name ever: Coastal City. Yeah, as you might have expected those early settlers weren't exactly the most creative folk. But me? I'm another story. I'm not gonna lie and say all of the stuff I'm famous for was created by me, but it would be lying if I said I didn't make them the way they are today. 

Oh yeah, you probably don't even know what I'm famous for! Hah, well you're about to learn. Ever heard of surfing? Course you have. Ya see, I'm basically a surfing deity. I was the one that turned surfing from a dinky ol' human pastime to something more... extreme. We don't have the same kind of insane waves that Earth does over here, so when human surfers brought their sport here, we had to improvise. I'd done study abroad on Earth, and fell in love with surfing instantly. I was like, "Why didn't I think of this?" and they were like "this is thousands of years old" and I was like, "Dude." As it turns out, I was naturally gifted for surfing. So since my species is still amphibious, I'm super well adapted to stuff in the water, and somehow surfing. I became the talk of the town and decided to become the best surfer my planet had ever seen- cuz at the time, there was no way that I was gonna be better than the species that INVENTED the sport. Anyways, when I got back home I realized our waves were pretty trash. So I had an idea- but I ain't gonna tell you. Trade secret. Basically, I found a way to surf on milder waters. I made up my own tricks, drawing from other human sports like skateboarding that I had dabbled in on Earth.

Before I knew it, I was the best surfer my world had ever seen. I made the sport big and totally new.

And then I had to go off to war. I'm still salty about this, but not as much because I wouldn't be as cool as I am now. Long story short: they told me I was gonna be an underwater spy with my shark-like form, taught me how to fight, and gave me a sicknasty sword and armor. So then I went to fight in the war, kicked some butt, (Don't worry, no one died. The only thing I kill are those waves) and helped our side win. I'm not even exaggerating here, yo- I'm the reason why so few people died. I infiltrated some creepy hideout, slashed up their super-weapons and got out. Then they were like "Aw snap, we've got no chance now. We'll just all die if we keep going, so let's see if they forgive us." And since we were pretty chill, we were like "Yeah but you gotta make amends."

So anyways, that's what I am. Godlike surfer and decorated war hero. As I said, kinda a big deal. I'll be seeing you later. I've got some rivals to challenge.

(This guy was a fun build, and I'm pretty proud of him. Sadly, I don't have any pictures of him surfing, but I'm OK with that. He's an cool dude for sure. Oh, here's the link to the Brickshelf Gallery for when it goes public.)

• Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Looks good, pretty standard colour scheme though. The hands are nice and the custom armour on the body is pretty neat especially when viewed from the back where I can see all the work you've put into him. It's quite great. Overall nice building but the colourscheme kinda bores me, well done regardless.

• Upvote 1

Looks good, pretty standard colour scheme though. The hands are nice and the custom armour on the body is pretty neat especially when viewed from the back where I can see all the work you've put into him. It's quite great. Overall nice building but the colourscheme kinda bores me, well done regardless.

To be honest, my original intent for making him was to use up all of those blue pieces I had, and eventually he shifted to being a humanoid Creature of Water, like something you might see as a Lego set. Thanks for the input!

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

I like it! I love the intricate design, and the articulation is fantastic (plus, he transforms!)

I do think the inclusion of light gray, dark gray, and silver kind of detract from the overall color scheme. I think it would have been more cohesive with just one of those across all the gray parts, though with the head piece being blended silver I don't know how feasible that is.

One note: your images are huge! I've made the same mistake (and I still haven't fixed it on the MoC in my signature >_>) but it's really helpful for those on low end devices or with a slow internet connection (or those on mobile data) if you size down your photographs before uploading to Brickshelf. Compressing them might also help.

• Upvote 1

banner.jpg