fav bionicle "minions"

Umarakthefan

Vahki take #1 for me.  Robotic police that can fly, turn into spiders, and temporarily mind-control their victims.  Awesome.

But the Rahkshi are probably second place.  They were the first time (at least in set form) we had villains that could take on the Toa one-on-one, not just in swarms.  (Bohrok-Kal don't count because the Toa didn't have their powers for them.)

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

I'm gonna go with the Rahkshi. The Visorak were pretty cool, as unlike other "horde" minions, they were the only ones that were still individuals instead of an all-consuming hive mind. Vahki designs were cool, and the whole "robot police that can't be bargained" with aspect was sufficiently intimidating.

But man, the Rahkshi... First, I still love their design so much. Tall, imposing, with the perfect mix of humanoid and beast. They were elite soldiers in the story, and they felt it. They were powerful and relentless, and as someone said above, they were one of the only minion villains to go toe-to-toe with Toa on their own. I've never been a fan of the "conservation of ninjustu" trope, and although the Rahkshi did kinda fall for that a couple times, for the most part I was impressed that they largely remained as individually dangerous as when they were introduced. They're fantastic elite minions.

• Upvote 1
rahkshi_symbol.png

Rahkshi. We don't even know exactly how powerful they can be, some speculate that a level 7 rahkshi could be as powerful as a single makuta. The fact that they are intelligent and have problem solving abilities, AND can have immense powers make them a very cool and useful tool of the Makuta.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

Visorak have to take the cake for me. Not only were they the only non-humanoid canister sets of G1 (vahki don't count on account of transforming), but their overall designs were great, had neat functions and interesting color schemes. Definitely my top pick.

While probably not worth being called true MOCing, I sometimes mix and match their color schemes with some neat results.

:kakama:

Edited by Pohaturon

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Skrall. They were technically the "minions" of Tuma and Metus, and imo they were quite epic! The mysterious unbeatable warriors who came from the north, basically wiping the floor with any Glatorian that crossed their path, there was quite a buildup with them as the baddies of that year. I just wish there was more of a payoff. *sigh*  <_<

BUT I definitely also loved the Rahkshi, particularly how hard it was to beat them and they seemed truly threatening (at least until the Piraka showed up and made them seem like novice baddies (no offense to any rahkshi lovers out there!) :fear:

Their set design was cool too!

Lastly I'd say Bohrok, just for pure nostalgia sake (a Pahrak was my first BIONICLE set ever) :smilepahrak:

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Visorak have to take the cake for me. Not only were they the only non-humanoid canister sets of G1 (vahki don't count on account of transforming), but their overall designs were great, had neat functions and interesting color schemes. Definitely my top pick.

While probably not worth being called true MOCing, I sometimes mix and match their color schemes with some neat results.

I wouldn't say the Bohrok were humanoid.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

I'm going with the Visorak as the first wave of completely non-humanoid minions we got. Plus, they had such diverse powers.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I was a child of the Bohrok and Rahkshi eras, so I'm going Rahkshi all the way.

Don't get me wrong, the Bohrok were cool and I love them! But I guess as a kid I eventually got sick of them, especially because the Kal were just Bohrok recolors. So when the Rahkshi came out, I just thought they were the coolest thing ever. I loved their staff weapons, I loved the evil techno-lizard look they had going, and as far as I remember they were the first sets to have articulated knees. I also love their backstory of being direct spawns of a Makuta.

I wouldn't say the Bohrok were humanoid.

The Bohrok look like chickens. Lol!:P

Anyway, my favorite "minions" are the Vahki because they can turn into insects, and the Visorak because they have neat mandible-moving feature.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Personally, I'm rather a fan of vahki. Especially Bordakh (see: I own 2). Just the design, from the bulked lower leg to the slimmer parts as one moves up the body. Also the terrific ability to switch modes between 2- and 4-legged. Some vahki do look better on all fours! (For example Zadakh)

My Brickshelf, my Tumblr (it's not as bad as it sounds)
Current collection:
2001: 
Matoro, Onepu, Maku, Onua, Pohatu, Tahu, Lewa
2002: Tahnok, Gahlok, Lehvak, Tahnok-Va, Kohrak-Va, Gahlok-Va, Pahrak-Va, Kopaka Nuva, Gali Nuva, Lewa Nuva
2003: Panrahk, Guurahk, Turahk, Kurahk
2004: Bordakh (X2), Rorzakh, Vorzakh, Matau, Whenua

2005: Oohnorak, Rahaga Iruini, Rahagah Norik
2006: Dalu, Velika, Vezok, Reidak, Vezon and Fenrakk

2007Dekar, Defilak, Morak, Takadox
2008: Gorast, Rockoh T3, Axalara T9
2009Tarduk, Skrall, Tarix, Malum, Gresh, Mata Nui, Vastus, Stronius, Tuma, Fero and Skirmix, Baranus V7, Kaxium V3, Cendox V1, Thornatus V9
2010: Tahu

2015: Kopaka, Pohatu, Lewa, Vizuna, Skull Basher

2016: Tahu
Throwbot/Slizer collection:
1999: Torch/Fire, Scuba/Sub, Ski/Ice, Turbo/City, Amazon/Jungle, Granite/Rock, Electro/Energy, Jet/Judge
2000: Blaster, Millennium/Millennia, Flare, Spark

Star Wars Collectible Figures: Death Trooper, Sergeant Jyn Erso, K-2SO, Baze Malbus

I also have the Onyx Roborider and Jimi Stinger froBreakout.

I suppose it depends. Story- slash lore-wise, I like the rahkshi. As many have already said, the fact that each one was just as dangerous to the Toa alone as they were in a group was kind of terrifying. The fact that they were direct spawn from Makuta just made them more terrifying. As sets, however, they always disappointed me. They always looked a tad awkward, and I found their proportions strange and frustrating. Sure, it was cool that their legs bent at the knee, but the proportions are a little odd and I found their stubby arms weird and unsatisfactory when it came to playing with them.

So set-wise, I liked the vahki. The ability to switch between two- and four-legged modes always interested me and gave them an appropriately imposing look.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

I would also like to give a shoutout to the Kranua, a Vahki combiner model, I really like them, they look cool, and very authoritive and can turn into sand, one of the few MU beings to be related to the element of sand, Anakin wouldn't be pleased. They are also underrated as no one ever talks about them!

Kranua.png

• Upvote 1

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!