Knising: the act of being in the presence of Elittra and internally screaming eternally because of it

I thought knising was making lip contact with someone or something you love.

pzVfeI1.png

Episode 2 – Dreams of Chaos (Part 1)

-Kaathe-

Kaathe

Faced with the bizarre battle before him, Kaathe decided to hang back for the moment, and wait to see how the conflict would progress before making his move. As he watched on, however, he noticed a quartet of the white-shelled creatures break away from the stationary main group, and circle around towards another section of the canyon wall. The creatures unleashed withering blasts of ice from their claws, before hammering at the weakened rock.  Their intention was clear: they were trying to make their own entrance to the cave.

Deciding time was of the essence, Kaathe started to sneak around the group, only to find one of the larger creatures moving to block his path. It regarded him with a quizzical, curious stare, before hissing to one of the smaller creatures, which started to approach him. Behind them, through the crush of crowded bodies between him and the cave, Kaathe could see the desiccated, skeletal remains of a long-dead Po-Matoran lying just inside the cave mouth. A satchel was pinned beneath the corpse… a satchel that was squirming.

Kaathe moved his hands away from any of his weapons, and crouched a bit before the small creature, doing his best to appear non-threatening. Both of the creatures stood before him now – they weren’t attacking, so perhaps they didn’t consider him a threat – but now they appeared intent on ensuring that he didn’t interfere.

Kaathe had an idea. Every living thing tended to have one thing in common. He slowly reached into his satchel, withdrawing the bit of rations he typically carried with him for longer ventures. He broke it in two, and carefully placed the bit of ration on the ground before him, and backed even further away, while he himself began to eat from the other half. In response, the smaller creature skittered forward a few steps, picking up the item of food and turning it over in its hands a few times. And then, it simply dropped the food back on the ground, disinterested.

Shrugging, he began to back away from the pair, spotting a ledge higher up the canyon wall that would allow him to clamber around to the cave without having to worry about the battle below. He made it up the rockface without trouble, but as he began to edge along the ledge, he heard a scraping sound behind him: the smaller creature was climbing up after him. He picked up a rock and flung it towards the creature’s hands, hoping to knock it loose.

The rock struck true, sending the diminutive being toppling back down to the ground. It got to its feet again a few seconds later, seemingly unharmed, but the bigger creature didn’t care. It charged towards the rock wall, mist emanating from its claws as it prepared to blast Kaathe with searing frost.

He’d just made himself a threat.  

-Tuyet-

Azalea (until exit), Tuyet

"I'm... not sure." The Scout’s uncertain glance shifted from Tuyet, to the tainted mask, and back again. "Perhaps it's too early to learn all these revelations. I could get bombarded by random pieces of information that won't fit together so easily. That could drive someone mad." She gave a short bow before continuing. "Besides, I should have been leaving this place a while ago after we introduced ourselves, as I said earlier. It was a pleasure meeting you, Tuyet."

"We're holding another meeting at midday!” Tuyet called out, as Azalea scrambled to get out of the greenhouse. "You're welcome to join us! And bring your friends!"

She’ll bring the guards.

“No, I don’t think so.” Idly, Tuyet realised that Azalea had left with her knife. “She’s unsettled, and suspicious, but I think she’s curious as well. We can use that.”

How?

“Wait and see.”

Don’t play games with me, Tuyet. Like Ahkmou, you can be replaced.

“Oh, have a little faith. Trust me. This’ll be fun.”

-Quin-

Elittra, Quin, Ehksidian

The group had made their way to Ta-Koro’s council chambers, and were now sitting at the table – Ehksidian and Quin on one side, and Elittra on the other.

"So...what is it that you would like to speak about, Turaga?” Ehksidian began, “If need be I can simply step aside and...let the two of you negotiate."

Elittra leaned forward, her focus on Quin for now. He found her demeanour unnerving, to say the least. "Your village is in dire straits," She said. "It has been ever since Ga-Koro decided you were a bit too... threatening. I wish to help you... recover more quickly, before they can finish the job, if anything from the reports I have heard are true."

"The main problem we're facing is that, whilst the old leaders of Ga-Koro were cruel, they were at least predictable. Currently, we know next to nothing about Ga-Koro's new leadership, and that has the citizens (or what's left of them) of Po-Koro worried. Now, I'm not a fool. You are not doing this out of the kindness of your heart. You require something from Po-Koro."

A satisfied smile flitted onto Elittra’s face, "I do. It's a rather simple thing, really. All I ask is that you name me your Queen. Po-Koro and Po-Wahi become extensions of Ta-Koro's territories."

Quin blinked, taken by surprise. After everything Po-Koro had gone through, everything they’d endured under Ga-Koro’s despotic rule, did Ellitra really expect that he’d be willing to simply exchange one tyrant for another? "What....does that entail, exactly?"

"I would be your Queen. When I summon you... you come. When I give a command... you obey. If Ta-Koro goes to war... you fight. But of course, I don't wish to micro manage you. I simply wouldn't have the time to, even if I wanted to. You would remain as the Turaga of your village. Loyal to me above all else, but free to continue ruling as you see fit."

"And....how will Po-Koro benefit from this...arrangement? We already have a region that treats us like an irritating pet which they are free to abuse or treat however they like."

"Respect, for a start. You would be a part of my village. You would be my people. As such, you deserve no less." She reached up to stroke Nato’s feathers, “We are skilled, here. I cannot remove your dependence on Ga-Koro entirely... but we can provide you with some purified water, as well as freshly forged weapons and armor. I am open to lending you ten of our soldiers, and ten more able-bodied Matoran, who can be instructed in the basics of combat here before joining you."

"And....if we were attacked, you would protect us?"

"I can make no promises there. If we assume that you are able to get word out in time, and that we are not busy some issue of our own here... we would certainly try. This island is a malicious place, though. I can promise we would try if we are able, but no more than that."

"The citizens may not be...comfortable calling you Queen. They may be receptive to a different title, of course." Ehksidian sighed,

"This...does seem beneficial to us, however. Especially of late."

"Then....” Quin hesitated, pondering the long-term consequences of his decision, “I think I'd be an idiot not to accept."

Elittra turned her possessive smile to Ehksidian. "Your citizens will be as comfortable calling me their Queen as they are calling you their Diplomat, or Quin their Turaga. Perhaps you are uncomfortable calling me Queen? If so, my dear, I beg you share your concerns now."

"I don't want to confuse my Ussal. Her name is Queen."

Quin laughed softly, relief clear on his features.

"...What? I'm being serious!"

"I just........go on."

"I'm flattered that you've named your pet in honor of your Queen," Elittra chuckled, gathering up a parchment, quill, and ink. She sat back down, beginning to draw up identical copies of the agreement. They declared her the Queen of Ta-Koro, of Ta-Wahi, of Po-Koro, and Po-Wahi, as well as annexing the latter two as extended territories belonging to Ta-Koro. It confirmed the offer of purified water from Ta to Po, the delivery of freshly forged weapons and armor, as well as the lending of ten of the Ta-Koro guard to Po-Koro, plus ten other able-bodied Ta-Matoran at a later date. It promised that, if necessary and able, Ta-Koro would provide additional assistance to Po-Koro. It stipulated that Po-Koro, its people, and its chain of command would obey Elittra as Queen, as well as any laws she set forth, and any summons she might send. Finally, it mandated that Po-Koro would have to fight, should Ta-Koro ever go to war.  

Elittra signed her name on both copies, then slid them over to Ehksidian and Quin. "You can both sign it."

Quin took the quill, brought it down to the parchment… then hesitated.

"I wonder if I should be worried, that you already show so little faith in your Queen," Elittra crooned, her tone managing to be both casual, and cold, “This deal benefits you more than me, Turaga Quin - as it should, for you are loyal subjects, are you not?"

“I…” unable to think of an excuse, but equally unable to shake the sense of foreboding that hung over him, Quin signed the paper.

Ehksidian did the same.

Putting the papers away, Elittra picked up three goblets and a bottle of wine, pouring a generous helping into each one before passing two to her guests. "A toast, to our new union.”

"...A toast.To working together, and protecting one another in times of strife."

Quin was slightly more hesitant. Elittra was every kind of suspicious, and he wouldn’t put it past her to poison people… but killing him would negate the alliance they’d just solidified, so logically, the wine was most likely safe to drink.

And so, the three drank… to the dark and terrible future that they all now shared.

-Nahaki-

Fractyl, Nahaki, Guurahk

While her Turaga practiced her special brand of diplomacy, Nahaki was doing similarly at Ga-Koro. Turaga Fractly was waiting for her at the gate, while their diplomat Guurahk arrived shortly after from the direction of the marketplace, hastily stuffing a scrap of paper into one of his pockets.

"Greetings, citizens of Ga-Koro!”  Nahaki gave the pair a polite bow, “I'm here to negotiate for your water, offer you our metals, and discuss the strange happenings around this island - I was wondering if there was something we could do."

"I'm Fractyl, Ga-Koro's Turaga. This is my diplomat and trusted ally Guurahk. We're pleased to meet you. There is indeed a lot to discuss - can I offer you that we go inside? It's not safe to stay outdoors near the shores for too long, unfortunately."

"I would not be averse to going inside, it's definitely better to be in a safe place. To be quite honest, I would not be surprised if even here were safer than what I've just come from..." At least Fractyl came across as far more sane than Elittra.

The group were led to a rather large hut, mostly empty save for a few crates and chests lining the walls. A single lightstone hung from the ceiling, providing just enough light for any documents that might be in need of reviewing or drafting. "I apologize if this doesn't suit your expectations. It's just about the only hut we have that isn't being used for a more specialized role."

"No worries. Anything's better than... it's a heck of a story." Nahaki took a quick look around the room, then got to work drafting her proposal. "Ga-Koro will provide Ta-Koro with some more water which we will then purify, Ta-Koro will provide Ga-Koro with various metals... you get the idea. Now, here's what I think is even more important. Recently, we've all heard of Matoran disappearing, correct? It is not a problem faced by any one village, but multiple. Matoran are disappearing from Ta-Koro, I've heard they've been disappearing from Ga-Koro, and all the other villages too. And I'm sure we've all been wondering: why are Matoran disappearing, and how? What could make Matoran disappear? Thus, I wish to propose a joint partnership, initially between Ta-Koro and Ga-Koro and potentially the others - for the purpose of investigating these disappearances, gathering information and fighting them. Information gained by one village will be sent to the other, as will knowledge of any potential disappearances. Potentially to even fight whatever is causing these disappearances."

"I agree that efforts should be made to discover the truth behind the missing Matoran. However, I believe it would be best to get in contact with all the other villages about such a partnership first and gauge their reactions. For all we know, one of them could be behind the disappearances - which would only lead to further deaths should one of our would-be investigators stumble across something a rival wouldn't want us seeing. As for the rest of your deal, it sounds agreeable. Although I can't help but swallow up the little crumbs you've been dropping on your way out of something dark..."

"Ah... my anxiety is nothing to do with being here. My anxiety is predicated on the actions of Ta-Koro's own Turaga, Elittra. I will give you the same warning I gave some others on my way here: Elittra is absolutely insane. Turaga Fractyl, I am not threatening you - because I too fear her - but she is not someone I want to end up on the bad side of."

"Insane? Why do you act on her behalf then?"

"Her insanity is not like those of... what one would normally think." Nahaki couldn’t help but shudder as she thought back to Elittra’s earlier actions, “"Her insanity is a cold, calculated insanity. To put it into perspective: she murdered our scout, Kuan, because he was blackmailing her. She did it in front of myself and The Scab, and she delighted in it - she was punishing him, and I do not know if she was trying to entertain us, or warn us what would happen if we stood against her. I do not act on her behalf - I act on Ta-Koro's behalf. Elittra just happens to be our Turaga, and I wish not to disappear and turn up in pieces because I acted against her."

Fractyl’s face was impassive. She certainly didn’t appear anywhere near as sympathetic as Ehksidian had been, “"Do you feel that Elittra's leadership comes into conflict with the wellbeing of Ta-Koro, or only your own?"

"I've not known her long enough for the former, and she's made me uncomfortable... but I don't think she'd harm me as long as I don't try to harm her, for whatever reason. I haven't blackmailed her, just... it's hard for others to know exactly what kind of person she is until you interact with her in person." It was an odd line of questioning, “Back to the deal... I'll remove the part about involving other villages until we can ascertain that they are not involved. If we want to finalise and discuss the finer details of the deal I proposed, I will need to take Diplomat Guurahk to Ta-Koro where we can present it to Turaga Elittra."

Making the amendments, Nahaki signed her name at the bottom of the document, "Turaga Fractyl, respectfully, I ask for your signature. If you agree, that is."

Fractyl nodded, and added her name, sealing an alliance that was sure to have far-reaching consequences for everyone on Mata Nui.

-Pahrak-

Pahrak

A few of the group seemed to consider Pahrak’s proposal for a few moments, but that wavered when one of their number spoke up, "So... we risk out necks for you... and then you cut us loose to die in the desert?" One of them scoffed, "Yeah, I don't think so."

Pahrak shrugged.  "Okay then. We'll have you executed when I get back." He turned to leave.

“Wait!”

Pahrak, his back to the prisoners, smiled.

"We'll do it. If it gets us out of here, whatever it is, we'll do it."

"Glad to hear it.” Pahrak said, glancing back at them over his shoulder, “Sit tight for just a minute--we should be setting out soon." He left his hut and made his way to where the corpses of the strange creatures had been dumped. He wasn’t sure what to make of them. Both creatures were insect-like in appearance, with smooth white shells and narrow blue eyes. The smaller one was vaguely Matoran-shaped, albeit much smaller, and its hands ended in small hooked claws. The larger beast, in contrast, was almost twice the size of a Matoran, with a very rounded body, and large, shield-like claws.

Pahrak couldn't help but feel a certain familiarity with these creatures, whatever they were, but he put that aside and lifted up one of the larger being's clawed hands.  "Hm.  Now this could be useful." He attempted to rip the mangled appendage free of the creature’s body, an easy feat given his impressive strength. Greenish blood splattered onto the floor, some of it splashing his boots. The blood was icy cold.

Pahrak grimaced for a moment, and then returned to admiring the shield.  He held it over his forearm, noting how wide it was, and then tested its weight.  Stowing the item for the moment, he walked to the head of the creature and leaned over it.  He used one finger to turn its head to the side. An empty, staring blue eye gazed back at him. The creature's mouth hung slightly open, revealing a maw packed with segmented mandibles. Interestingly, the monster actually had a long, muscular neck, folded up over itself, and almost hidden beneath the bulky head. Curious, he got a guard to help him lift and the heavy head, and together they extended the neck to its full length… far enough to strike a target that was out of arm’s reach. 

What in Mata Nui’s name were these things?

-Iaredios-

Whenua, Iaredios, Erihapeti (until exit)

"Are you alright?” Erihapeti whispered, “You seem rather troubled by something."

Whenua squirmed at her words. "Nothing to worry yourself about." His lie is an unconvincing one. He was terrified... but not of the tunnel. It was the questions that had him on edge. What was he hiding?

Before she could ponder it further, the group reached the barricade. Recognising the figures approaching them, the four miners knelt down in the dirt, bowing their heads in respect. They straightened upright, and one of them asked how the group could assist. 

"The Turaga, Whenua, and I have returned down here to see if Whenua recognizes anything. He knows far more than the rest of us, so if anybody would recognize something about the dissapearances, it would be him. Tell me, did anything abnormal or strange happen down here since I left?" Erihapeti asked.

"Nothing. No sound, no movement, no nothin'." One of them assureed her.

"Would anyone here know how many macua berries and ko-koroan animal traps we have? ...Fortifications come to mind." Iaredios pondered. But, without waiting for an answer, he turned to his Scout. “Eriha, what I am to ask you is important but I will understand if you refuse. We need to know what lays beyond this barrier, and you have well earned your position as the stealthiest among us, the future of the koro may depend on this. I would ask that you go beyond the barrier with these guards and this head candle, and journey as far you are willing to seek out the end of this tunnel and put our hearts at ease."

"... Of course, Turaga," Erihapeti’s reply was somewhat hesitant. She turned to the miners, "Would you mind keeping the doors open for me while the soldiers and I go in, so that if we run into trouble, we may have a faster escape route?"

One of the miners gulps, but nods. "We'll keep the way open. Unless we hear you screaming. Then we're never opening that thing again." The four Matoran set to work dragging the crates out of the way, opening up a gap wide enough for the Ussals to get through.

Once the way was clear, Erihapeti and her companions began their descent into the dark.

-Grav-

Grav

The closer Grav got to the centre of Le-Wahi, the deeper the water became. The smaller trees had been completely submerged in some places, and Grav could feel branches scraping along the bottom of your makeshift raft as his party travelled deeper into the swamp.

At last, they reached the spot that had once been called Le-Koro. There wasn’t much left of the infrastructure, save for the blackened shells of treehouses and huts, now half-hidden by the rising water. There were scorched skeletons still visible amongst the ruins - all that remained of the unfortunate inhabitants.

While he looked on, Grab caught a glimpse of movement as something silvery-blue slid into the water. He heard more splashing from somewhere behind him, and then something scraped along the bottom of his raft.

There was something in the water.

Grav unsheathed his sword, instructing his men to guide their rafts towards some of the drier, sturdier structures. They hurried to follow his orders, paddling towards a series of scorched platforms splayed between a cluster of blackened branches. 

As they drew closer, something breached the water in the wake of the rafts. A chittering, unfamiliar creature, with a domed head, baleful orange eyes, and a smooth blue-hued carapace. It paddled in the water with large, flat claws, and regarded Grav and his companions for a few moments, before sinking back beneath the surface.

Upon reaching the dilapidated walkways, the soldiers sprung front the rafts, forming a defensive circle on top of the largest, sturdiest of the platforms. Grav took up a position closest to the rafts, ready to defend them if need be.

And then the waiting began.

-Kaathe-

Kaathe

Kaathe ran, ducking and dodging as best as he could manage. The white-shelled monstrosity was relentless, plastering the cliffside with intense blasts of ice, ice that clung to Kaathe’s clothes and stung his skin as he narrowly avoided taking a direct hit. As he dived down into the cave, his pursuer tried to push past the Nui-Jaga, only to be casually swatted aside by a powerful swipe from one of the scorpions. Battered and bruised, but alive, Kaathe took stock of the situation.

Three of the Nui-Jaga were still standing behind him, but their movements were slow, weighed down by fatigue and frost. Worse still, more of the white creatures had just arrived from the other end of the canyon. Reinforcements. Off to one side, he could hear the scraping of the smaller group still burrowing through the rockface. One way or another, they'd be inside the cave very soon.

He leaned down to investigate the corpse, rolling it onto its back before recoiling in surprise. He knew this Matoran. The mask... the robes... it was Turaga Onewa. Everyone had assumed that he’d been killed during the poisoning of Po-Koro ten years ago, although his body had never been found.

Now Kaathe knew why.

Whatever was in that satchel, it had cost Onewa his life. And somehow, it was still alive. Kaathe could feel it writhing in agitation, pounding at the inside of the bag. What were you hiding, old man? He grabbed the satchel, and Onewa’s mask, he scrambled up the rock wall, eager to put as much distance between himself and the white monsters as possible.

Reaching the top of the canyon, Kaathe looked down to discover that the creatures were following him – some attempting to climb directly up the wall, others lumbering towards the canyon exits. Whatever was in that satchel, the monsters wanted it badly.

Pulling on one of his gloves, he gripped the squirming creature through the satchel, and opened the bag to get a look at what he’d nearly gotten himself killed for.

The twisted thing he found within looked kind of like a mask. But... wrong.

Fleshy.

Wet.

Alive.

It let out a sort of muffled whisper/whine, and tried to squirm out of his grip. The presence of the Bohrok seems to agitate it. The thing almost seems... afraid of them.

"You'd better be worth the risk." Kaathe started back towards Po-Koro.

-Smoke Monster-

Smoke Monster

Shortly after his previous speech, Smoke Monster gathered his troops to him once more. He had a new announcement to make. This had never been about digging for salt, but Iaredios’ ridiculous orders had provided him with the perfect opportunity to leave Onu-Koro without arousing suspicions. He’d even been able to bring ten of his loyalest troops along with him, although that loyalty was about to be put to the test.

"Alright everyone, I have something to say to you all. As you all are aware, things are tense on the island of Mata Nui. Ga-Koro has a lot of control over the other regions with its food and water supplies. Ko-Koro is building up its army. Things are reaching a boiling point, and it's only a matter of time before the island will be consumed by a fire worst than one made by the lava of the Mangai Volcano."

He took a deep breath. "And I say we light the match."

He looked at each of his soldiers in turn as he continued. "I believe that this island can rise from its struggles and become a great home for all Matoran. But sometimes, for something to become great, it must be torn down first. This is what I believe has to happen on this island before we can defeat the struggles before us. The destruction of Le-Koro was a sign of this, a sign no one listened to. We will make sure that when we are done with task, they will be listen to what has to be done. I know that this sounds like a plan of chaos, and I admit that it is. I will also admit that we will probably not be remembered fondly for the actions we will take. But this is for a greater cause than us alone. It's for the salvation of this island. And I'm willing to cleanse it to make it great. We will start with Ga-Koro, and go from there. Now who is with me?"

For a long, horrifying moment, Smoke Monster’s words are met with nothing. No words, no movements, no expressions. But then, one of the soldiers let out a cheer, a cheer that was taken up by the rest of the troupe. From their facial expressions, it was clear that many of them still had their misgivings, but whether out of loyalty, fear, or peer pressure, they all stood ready to follow their leader down whatever dark path he had planned.

For now, at least.

"Thank you, my fellow soldiers. Now here is how we will begin. Six of you will stay here and continue to mine for salt. That way, we can still bring some back to Onu-Koro. The rest of you will go with me to Po-Wahi. We will find a group of bandits and secretly give them a letter I have written on 'behalf' of Ga-Koro. If all goes according to plan, they will kick off this process for us, and we won't even be mentioned. We know what we need to do. Now let's get to it."

And with that, Captain Smoke Monster and his band of hand-picked anarchists set off for Po-Koro.

-Grav-

Grav

For several long minutes, nothing happened. Grav couldn’t help hoping that the strange creatures had simply grown bored and swum off, but he had a feeling that he wasn’t going to be that lucky. Sure enough, one of the blue beasts resurfaced next to one of the rafts, probing it with its claws. Apparently satisfied with its inspection, in vanished under the water…

…only to reappear a few seconds later from underneath the raft, partially lifting it up out of the water as it tried to get closer to the soldiers crowded on the platform.

"Hold," Grav ordered. There was only the one creature so far, and it hadn't taken any obviously hostile actions against the group, as of yet. If it attacked, he had no doubt that he and his soldiers could make short work of it. So, he waited to see what it would do, keeping his sword drawn, but lowered. He felt a peculiar urge to kneel, as if he were waiting for a dog to acclimate to him, but given that the creature stood about as tall as a Matoran, that would be unnecessary.

The creature remained almost entirely motionless. Beside it, a much smaller creature surfaced... and started trying to climb up onto the platform. "Sir?" One of Grav’s soldiers cried out in alarm. More of the smaller creatures were trying to clamber onto the platform from other directions, although there was still only one of the larger creatures in sight.

“Hold," Grav ordered again, while he pondered what the small creatures were. The large one’s offspring, perhaps? Considering the tendency of some beasts to teach their young how to hunt and how to feed, the implications of that were far from good. He hoped that they were rather some type of pygmy form of the larger beast before him. In any case, that they were emerging while he and his men were still armed and dangerous couldn't mean that these clumsy-looking smaller creatures bore any ill-will. Hopefully.

The first of the smaller creatures clambered onto the edge of the platform, revealing that it had a very different, almost Matoran-esque body shape compared to the larger creature. It took a slow, uncertain step towards Grav, reaching out towards him with its hooked limbs. Wary of allowing it to get too near to his already far-too-badly-marred face, Grav stretched out his arm, presenting it his off-hand to inspect instead.

The creature inched a little closer, cocking its head to the side like a curious bird. Behind him, Grav can hear his soldiers muttering nervously as more of the small beings clambered up onto the platform. The one standing before him finally leaned forward, opened its tiny, toothy mouth, and tried to bite down on his hand.

Grav didn’t bother trying to stop it. After a few fruitless moments of failing to chew through his leather gloves, the disappointed creature threw itself into the water, followed by the rest of its companions. For a moment, Grav thought he head a bout of laughter somewhere in the distance, but it was swiftly drowned out by the splashing. The larger creature lingered a little longer, before swimming off after its smaller companions.

With the creatures gone from sight, Grav dispatched his men to search the ruins. He hadn’t been sure what he might find, if anything, but he was surprised when one of his soldiers returned to him with an ornate axe, hewn of a strange green metal. He recognised it from Vakama’s stories – the signature weapon of Toa Lewa himself.

Although… given that the Toa were said to have perished in Makuta’s underground lair, Grav wasn’t sure how the axe had wound up all the way back in Le-Koro. His curiosity piqued, he ordered his troops to more closely investigate the spot where the axe had been found. Their efforts soon turned up fragments of armour, and what looked like pieces of a Kanohi. Confusingly, some of the pieces bore the marks of fire damage, while others were merely rusted from their time spent in the water, and many more were completely unharmed. It was if some of the pieces had been in the ruins when Le-Koro had burned, while others had somehow been brought there afterwards.

The axe itself was pristine, unmarred by scorch marks or rust, suggesting it had only been relocated quite recently. Or perhaps it simply had some special properties that had kept it intact. Either way, it was his now. Gathering up the other artefacts in a sack, he and his troops returned to their rafts, and began their journey back to Ta-Koro.

-Erihapeti-

Erihapeti, Mavrah (after entrance), Iaredios (after escape), Whenua (after escape)

As promised, the lightstones began to grower dimmer the deeper Erihapeti went. Markers had been etched into the entrances to some of the tunnels, marking where the missing Matoran had been working before they vanished. This section of the tunnel sloped even more steeply downward, and the air was growing cold enough that the scout’s breath was misting in front of your face. But there was still no end in sight.

Erihapeti paused, as if listening something, and quietly hissed for her troops to “Halt!”

As she and her troops prepared themselves, ready for whatever might be coming, Erihapeti heard a scrambling sound from up ahead. The footsteps of a lone figure, running towards them. She tensed, weapon at the ready... but then the figure came into a focus. Not a something, but a someone. One of the missing miners, still alive after days trapped down here with... whatever else was down here.

"We have to run!" the man stopped before them, panting, dishevelled, "They're coming!"

"Hop on!" Erihapeti urged the miner, patting to the back of Koura. After he got on, she yelled at the guards to run back towards the barricade. The yell proved to be a mistake, for as the three Ussals and four Matoran began their ascent, something else followed them – a grey-black blur, rolling towards them from deeper in the tunnel.

Desperate and terrified, Erihapeti made a dark and terrible choice. She rammed Koura into the Ussal of the guard next to her, sending man and crab tumbling to the floor in a tangle of flailing limbs. The rolling form pursuing the part unfolded itself into a hunched, insect-ish creature, which lunged at the fallen guard. Its armoured faceplates unhinged to reveal a maw filled with hooked mandibles.

Mercifully, it was too dark to see what happens next.

But she could hear it just fine.

The survivors emerged through the barricade a minute later, Erihapeti hollering “Close it!” the instant she was through. The miners wasted no time in shoving the carts back into place, piling on crates, tools, and whatever else they could find to reinforce the thing.

A hushed, uncertain silence fell through the group. A silence that was soon broken by the patter of frantic footsteps receding away from the barricade.

Whenua was running away.

End of Part 1

• Upvote 11

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Episode 2 – Dreams of Chaos (Part 2)

-Nahaki-

Fractyl, Guurahk, Nahaki

"Oh, one other thing..."

Nahaki froze. "What would that be, Turaga?" Please don’t be another basement…

The Turaga hefted a chest from one side of the hut to the center, setting it on the ground near the visitors. She knelt down and unlocked it, then stepped back and kicked it open with her foot, revealing a shiny metallic Kolhii ball.

Nahaki knew what she was looking at. After all, she’d had an identical Kolhii ball in her possession not so long ago. "I presume this is no ordinary Kohlii Ball for you to be showing it to us. I've come across a Kohlii Ball myself, though it is not currently on me... I left the one I found as a burial gift for Kuan, out of respect for him and fear that it was more than it seemed. You've heard the myths about Po-Koro and Kohlii Balls, right?"

"I've heard this Comet... Whisper to me..." Her voice was soft, unsure.

"...whisper?” Guurahk interjected, “Whisper what?”

"It tells me that it wants to make me stronger. And I will admit that I felt invincible when I had it..." She gazed at it longingly, before shaking her head.

"Something like a Kohlii Ball, whispering to you... yes, I heard some whispers from my own, though nothing as clear as what you seem to have heard. Turaga,  I suggest you get some guards to dispose it somewhere - throw it underground, toss it in lava, in the middle of nowhere - anywhere away from living Matoran. Things like this never come without a price - a price that's worse than what you gain."

"I would... I would be interested in trying to... Destroy it as opposed to simply disposing of it. That could prove interesting..." She slammed the chest shut.

"Turaga, thank you for your time, and yes, I do think you should get someone to destroy the Kohlii Ball - unless you would like us to carry it, as we will be going to Ta-Koro where we can easily dispose of it in the lava." Nahaki wondered what Elittra had done with the Comet in Ta-Koro, “May I leave with your esteemed Diplomat, Guurahk, so that we may finalise this deal at Ta-Koro?”

"It will remain here for the time being." Fractyl shoved the chest away, out of sight, "Yes, you are welcome to leave with Guurahk. Can I offer you a handful of guards?"

"I came with three of Ta-Koro's own guards, but I do not mind more protection considering Guurahk will be going with me."

She nodded and brought her fingers to her lips, making a signature whistle. A handful of guards were there a few moments later. "You are to protect Guurahk and Nahaki. Trust her over anyone else from Ta-Koro."

"Thank you for your time, Turaga Fractyl." Nahaki returned to where her own guards were waiting, clambering onto Kirthaj while she waited for Guurahk and his escort to catch up.

"Safe travels, all of you!" Fractyl called out as they departed.

-Smoke Monster-

Smoke Monster

Smoke Monster’s trip to Po-Koro proved to be a brief one.

After covering up their armour and faces, the five Onu-Matoran made their way into the city, making their way through to the ‘abandoned’ part of Po-Koro, keeping off the streets to avoid being spotted by the locals. While there were plenty of thugs and street gangs to be found, Smoke’s plan was going to require a high class of criminal – the kind that specialised in more than petty theft and intimidation. Career criminals. Killers.

Eventually, Smoke Monster found exactly what he was looking for. A warehouse, the windows boarded up, the doors padlocked. A few Matoran sat at a table outside, looking like nothing more than a few friends having a chat… save for the way their hands rested on the hilts of their weapons, and their eyes flicked up to survey their surroundings every few moments.

As a military man himself, Smoke Monster knew guard duty when he saw it.  

"Here we go. These guys may be just what we're looking for. Keep your guard up, everyone. I'm not expecting them to be too friendly with us.” Smoke and his men walked up to the group, making sure not to spook them in any way. "Hello there. We are travelers from Ga-Koro, wishing to speak to the one in charge."

For a single, terrifying moment, the guards tensed, some of them even going as far as to draw their weapons. Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed, and the one who appeared to be in charge managed to calm his companions down. "I apologise," his voice was gruff, "We're not used to clients being so... forward." He makes no move to let you in, however. "We'll need you to surrender any weapons before you go inside."

"I don't believe there is a need for us to go inside." He raised his hand, holding the letter out to the group, "All I want to do is pass this along to you."

The man took the outstretched letter. "I'll pass this along."

"Thank you." His business concluded, Smoke made for the exit of Po-Koro. "Let's head back to our group mining salt and check up on them." He informed his troops. "Atferwards, we will plan our next move."

-Ehksidian-

Ehksidian, Quin, Elittra

Elittra set her goblet back down, an expression of distaste momentarily flickering across her features. "Let me show you to the barracks. There, I will provide you with your ten new soldiers. I'll have them prepare the first shipment of purified water, weapons and armor - you might as well take them with you when you leave. In the barracks you'll find food and drink as well."

She turned to Ehksidian. "I will need you to stay with us longer. I want you to remain behind, and oversee the basic training that the other ten Matoran will be receiving. We'll also take the time to... get to know each other better, and our two villages, and when you leave, I'll send a second shipment of purified water, weapons and armor with you."

"Of course."

"...Understood."

The trio, along with Elittra’s four guards, made their way to the barracks, where a few off-duty Ta-Koro guardsmen were milling about, along with the seven ‘guards’ that Ehksidian had acquired. 

"Your guards are rather suspicious," Elittra noted, "I'm curious as to where you might have procured them. I've heard your Koro struggles with crime."

"I got them through reliable means. It doesn't matter how, they are professionals." Ehksidian gave a brief nod to the hired guards. "Once General Quin leaves, you all will leave with him. I have been asked to...stay behind to assist in training."

"You don't mind if my guards search them, do you?" Elittra’s voice sweet, but suspicious, "I am not used to soldiers being so... anti-social, and I'm afraid the recent betrayal from a close friend has made it rather difficult for me to trust strangers."

Ehksidian glanced back and forth between Elittra and her guards, "You don't trust us? Even after we partook in your wine? For all we know, it could've been poisoned. Then again...you aren't Ga-Koro." She motioned towards the guards. "They're simply nervous about being in an unfamiliar place. But, if you wish to have them searched, that's fine."

Elittra’s guards wasted no time in thoroughly searching the Po-Koroans. While they certainly looked unhappy about being manhandled and humiliated, they complied nonetheless. A few of them proved to be carrying concealed blades in addition to the weapons they were openly wearing, but the search turned up nothing illicit, unusual or suspicious.

Without so much as an apology, Elittra signalled for ten of the Ta-Koro soldiers to join Quin. "You are take a shipment of purified water with you, as well as enough new weapons and armor for twenty soldiers in addition to yourselves." She ran had hand up Quin's right arm, until it was resting on his shouder. "Safe travels, Turaga."

She turned back to Ehksidian. "If you'll join me, I have some other business to complete."

"...What business? Do you need me to come as well?"

"I do."

Ehksidian bow her head in resignation. "Okay."

-Daenerys-

Daenerys, Rhialtus, Onaku

Once the demonstration was completed, Onaku broached another idea, "By the way, I've been thinking. Perhaps it would be agreeable if we did something to strengthen our relations. One idea I have is that we exchange five soldiers. You would then train our soldiers in your ways of surface fighting, while we will train yours in our ways of fighting underground. That way, they can then each return to their villages and train the rest of each village's militaries in those ways, which means if either of us needs help from the other, we would both be better suited to help. Interested?"

"Hm."  Rhialtus stroked her chin.  "Dany, you're in charge of military matters.  What do you think about a soldier trade?"

"Hmm. I like the concept.” Although not for the reasons Onaku was hoping for, she suspected, “I could spare five troops, so long as it's okay with your own Captain."

"I do not know about my Captain, but I will speak with my troops and make sure they are alright with it. Give me a moment to talk to them." He made his way back over to the door, to speak with the Ussalry troopers that were still gathered outside.

Rhialtus leaned over to whisper in Danerys’ ear. "Give him five of our covert soldiers.  Give them orders to kill the Onu-Matoran as soon as they're vulnerable."

"I have a better idea." Daenerys hissed back. She got to her feet, moving over to where Onaku was, "Rhialtus just suggested to me that I should give you ten of are best military soldiers. I think that would be a excellent idea if your okay with that Diplomat."

"Give? As part of the soldier exchange, or-?"

"I should of worded that better, my apologies. She wants to have a more diverse amount of Ko-Matoran to show you all forms of our battle techniques and ten would be more efficient than five. She wanted to run it by me first befor suggesting it to you."

Onaku frowned. These two were definitely up to something. "Ah. Well, while I do appreciate the gesture, I originally suggested five soldiers for five since that would mean I'd be bringing with me five Onu-Koroans and five Ko-Koroans, which would also allow some of my soldiers to go back home. While I can see five of my soldiers staying behind being reasonable, I'm not sure what my General would say if I left them all here. Perhaps we should stick with five for now, and then expand upon our exchange when I've had a chance to speak to my General?"

"If that is what you wish.”

-Ehksidian-

Elittra, Ehksidian

Hand in sweaty, nervous hand, Elittra and Ehksidian made their way along Ta-Koro’s streets. "So... how do you like Ta-Koro, my dear?"

"It's...It's a fine city." Ehksidian was quickly coming to understand what Nahaki had been so afraid of.

Stopping in front of one of the houses, Elittra was forced to release Ehksidian’s hand in order to open the door for her, "Please come in. Make yourself at home." A thrill of fear rushed through Ehksidian. This was Elittra’s house.

"Tea?" Elittra cooed, beginning to prepare a drink without waiting for an answer. She sat down beside the diplomat, gently grasping her wrist. "Your Turaga agreed to my terms quite quickly," I say. "What challenges might he face when he returns?"

"As I said earlier, the citizens might be a bit...unhappy with calling someone their Queen. If Turaga Quin tells them that before saying anything else, there will be riots. I trust him to break the news well enough that the citizens won't be disobedient. They like Po-Koro being autonomous, after all."

"I respect that," Ehksidian fought back the urge to whimper as Elittra’s abruptly rested her head on her shoulder, "And what about you, my dear? How do you feel about your new Queen?"

"You seem like a fine ruler. Though your diplomat seemed intimidated by you."

"She has a very kind heart. She's quite lovely. She's very fun. Quite possibly my favorite. I'm afraid she had to witness something quite troubling before she left for Ga-Koro. Poor Nahaki... she doesn't do very well with blood, you see. Our Scout betrayed us, and attacked when confronted, we were forced to put him down, and poor Nahaki had to watch."

"Oh...oh dear. That's...very concerning. Why would your scout...do that?"

"A power grab. He... wasn't my biggest fan. I think one of us dying was inevitable." The teapot whistled, forcing Elittra to break away, "Cream? Or milk? Sugar?"

"Ah, just a bit of sugar please." Ehksidian made no effort to hide her sigh of relief, "It's...unfortunate something like that happened. I certainly hope nothing like that will happen back in Po-Koro. I don't expect it to, but… well, there's no sense in not worrying."

"Perhaps you worry too much," Elittra said, sitting back down with tea in hand, "I've found worrying to be troublesome. Too easily it turns into paranoia, or paralyzes you into inaction. I prefer to take action. Be wary, my dear, and plan, for as many possibilities as you can. But never worry."

"When a good portion of your village is wiped due to poisoned foods from people you used to trust, paranoia is somewhat normal."

"Understandable. I have always wondered... Ga-Koro always claimed that Po-Koro was planning to invade. Was that true?"

Ehksidian shrugged. "I wasn't a diplomat then. I didn't hear anything about an invasion. People just started dropping like flies, including the old diplomat. I took their position, and here I am now."

Elittra slid her hand up Ehksidian’s arm, until it rested at the back of her neck. "You've seemed uncomfortable with me ever since we met. I wonder... what did dear Nahaki share with you? What have you heard about me?"

"She warned me about you, but...I assume it was just in reference to you...having to stab your Scout." She shifted slightly, and coughed. "It's just...I'm not one much for prolonged close contact. Especially people I'm not too familiar with. That's all. Apologies."

Smiling, Elittra slid closer, her fingers tracing circles on the back of Ehksidian’s neck. "I suppose we'll just have to get you... used to it.”

"U-uh..."

The mad Queen of Ta-Koro reached out to hold Ehksidian’s teacup, steadying the diplomat’s shaking hand, "There's no need to be frightened, dear. Just relax."

In an act of divine mercy, a messenger chose that exact moment to knock on the door, loudly announcing that the Ga-Koro diplomat Guurahk, and Ta-Koro’s own Nahaki, had just arrived.

"It's hard to...relax like this. P-please let go of my tea so I can drink it."

Elittra cupped both of Ehksidian’s cheeks, and leaned in closely, so that they were nose-to-nose, forehead-to-forehead. "I like you,” she said decidedly, before backing away to open the door. "Tell them I will meet them in the Council Chambers shortly. And take my dear Ehks wherever she wishes. She is welcome to begin overseeing the basic training for her new soldiers in the barracks, or she can join us in the Council Chambers. I have other business I must attend to first."

Ehksidian just sat there, her mouth flopping open and shut like that of a fish out of water, "I'll...uh, I'll...go get to work on the training. Thank you...for the tea."

"You're very welcome."

-Azalea-

Azalea, Fractyl

Azalea soon caught up with Fractyl, "Turaga! I'm back with a mission report!"

"I'm all ears, Azalea." Fractly, said, leaning back against the door of her hut, which she’d just been in the process of exiting.

Azalea barged into Fractyl's hut and locked the doors and windows. She didn't want anyone suspicious hearing what she has to say. "I was heading over to the docks to investigate the cult rumors and learned a few things from some villagers. First, they said some fishermen and women are catching less and less fish these days despite Tarakava being dead and other predators being seen less frequently. Second, some fishers travel out to open waters and get better catches because they think something in the waters scares the wildlife to those open areas. Third, there's an old, abandoned greenhouse at the less used ends of the docks where they say someone named Tuyet holds cult meetings at midday there."

Fractyl blinked, processing the influx of information.

"I went in to investigate that greenhouse. Inside, I saw some chairs set up and an altar with a shiny Kohlii ball and a rusty-looking mask placed on it. When I tried to go in for the steal, I was stopped by a suspicious woman. She eventually introduced herself as Tuyet and says she serves Makuta, the island of Mata Nui, and life. When I asked her about the incidents happening in Ga Koro, she said that was all her doing but she says that she's doing this to keep them contained. When I asked who 'them' is, she says it's a far more terrifying force at work. She told me to put on that weird mask to learn the truths but, I made an excuse to leave and made my exit. I had an urge to kill her but, there was something... off about her. I didn't know what she was capable of and there was some... dark creature or something crawling behind her mask. She could be a dangerous threat."

Fractyl opened her mouth to speak, but Azalea wasn’t quite finished yet.

"Oh yeah. She said that me and my friends are welcome to the next cult meeting happening at midday!" She held up a black knife she took from before. "And I picked up this knife after Tuyet threw it in front of me."

"Kolhii ball? Kolhii ball..." She shook her head. "Thank you for informing me, Azalea. Just another thing on our plate. I found a ball similar to the one you've described. In fact, your story makes the THIRD I know of."

"We have a handful of options now. I was considering destroying the ball -or at least trying to- to see what would come of it. If that failed, I was going to toss it into the ocean. But what you've told me makes me think of handing it back to this Tuyet, and possibly visiting one of her meetings. What do you think?"

"Hand it back to Tuyet? What for? I don't think I'm getting any of this."

"Just to see what she would do or say. I don't want such a thing around the village. Perhaps returning it to Tuyet -I'm assuming she's the originator- might... Placate her for the time being."

"From what I'm getting, these Kohlii balls sound dangerous. Are you sure you want to just hand over a potentially dangerous weapon over to someone suspicious like that?"

"Fine then. Do what you want. I hope you know what you're doing."

"It should be a simple task..." Fractyl grabbed the chest again, hugging it close to her body. "I won't even be leaving the Koro."

"Will it be okay if I accompanied you? Tuyet could be a dangerous individual."

Fractyl nodded. "I'd prefer that actually." She stepped out of the hut and gathered a pair of guards.

It was time to join a cult. 

-Nahaki-

Nahaki, Elittra, Guurahk

Nahaki did not want to be here.

The last time she’d been in these council chambers, Kuan had still been alive. Now she couldn’t look at the empty chairs without thinking about his death, and what could’ve done to stop it. Or, more accurately, what she didn’t do to stop it.

And then she arrived.

"Turaga Elittra, I have... returned from Ga-Koro. Ga-Koro is very nice place, you know. I've reached a deal with their Turaga, Fractyl, and brought back their diplomat - Guurahk, who you see before you now.” She placed the documents on the table. “Ga-Koro will provide us water, we provide them metals - the same as always - but we have come up with a new clause to this deal, the gist of it being that Ta-Koro and Ga-Koro will agree to help each other investigate the mysterious disappearances of Matoran in both villages, with the potential for other villages to enter this part of the deal.”

"It's Queen now, my dear," Elittra replied, stepping forward and embracing her, "Welcome home. I know you weren't gone long, but... I missed you. And we have much to talk about."

"Q... q... Queen?" Nahaki stammered, her expression filling with surprise and horror, "W... what? What h-happened?"

"Did you not miss me too?" Elittra frowned.  

"W... w... what happened while I was away? Why are you... q... queen now?"

"Take a seat, both of you. I'm sure we have much to discuss.," she took three goblets from a cupboard, before procuring the same bottle of wine she’d shared with Quin and Ehksidian earlier, "A toast, to a... fruitful alliance."

"Yes.. a fruitful alliance. Queen Elittra, Diplomat Guurahk, I will need you to sign the document. And then Guurahk can be off, while I..." Nahaki really didn’t want to think about being alone with elittra right now. Or ever, for that matter.  "...I remain here."

Silence fell, as Elittra skimmed the document. "It seems reasonable," She said after a long moment, signing it with a flourish before pushing the document over to Guurahk - an action that just so happened to involve me needing to lean across Nahaki.

"After RG signs it, we will need to officially begin the investigations.” Nahaki shuffled her seat towards Guurahk, trying to put some distance between herself and Elittra, “We'll need to find someone to lead them - Grav, maybe, though I would not be against investigating the disappearances myself - and learn what happened to matoran like Takua." 

"Nonsense,” Elittra leaned her hand on Nahaki’s shoulder, "I need you here. Guurahk can lead a small team to search Ta-Wahi, as our new agreement describes."

"Okay then...I'm not sure why I'm starting here then but okay........."

"Queen Elittra, what can I do here? I feel a duty to this investigation, since I am the one who came up with it. Besides, I know Ta-Wahi better than Guurahk does - we can go together. Though... why don't we all begin the investigation, together? Surely Ta-Koro would not be against seeing its Queen be proactive in... keeping it and its citizens safe?"

Elittra keeping Ta-Koro safe was an oxymoron, of course.

"That's a wonderful idea," Elitra purred, "Guurahk can take two soldiers out to Ta-Wahi. You and I will investigate Ta-Koro."

"I feel like what Nahaki just suggested would probably be a better idea," Guurahk interjected. "I'm not very familiar with Ta-Wahi, plus both of you know more about it than I do. If not Nahaki then at least someone who knows their ways around here could help..."

"Like Guurahk said, I go with him, making sure there's no rabid Hikaki or anything, then I come back once we find something? He might fall into a lava pool if he's not careful..."

"Do you doubt my soldiers?" For a self-appointed Queen of fire, Elittra’s tone was cold, “I need my Diplomat for other diplomatic reasons. Guurahk will take two of our soldiers into Ta-Wahi to help us in our investigations. They can lead you through the Wahi, and then back here if you find anything."

"No, I don't doubt out soliders! W-what do you need, Queen Elittra?"

"That will do then, Queen Elittra..." Guurahk cast a nervous glance towards Nahaki.

"Let's go. To the barracks, first. We can find two soldiers and send Guurahk into the Wahi. Then, Nahaki and I can search the Koro."

Nahaki didn’t reply, simply followed Elittra as ordered. She just hoped this investigation would produce some kind of result… otherwise all of this time she spent suffering in Elittra’s company would be for nothing.

-Unit-

Unit

The Ko-Koroan boat dropped anchor a short distance from the Kumu Islets. Far enough away that anyone there hopefully wouldn’t be able to see then, but close enough that Unit would be able to use a telescope to get a decent look at the island's shores. However, something else had caught his attention: the charcoal jungle was almost completely flooded. The shorelines had changed drastically, decades worth of erosion having somehow taken place in a matter of weeks.

Perplexed, he asked one of the sailors to try to map out the changes to the shoreline, but after only a few minutes, the man came running back, appearing panicked. "The water level keeps changing," he stammered, "This is years worth of erosion, but it's happened in weeks. This shouldn't be possible. The ocean depth isn't changing... that's the weird part. The water is coming from somewhere inland. Le-Wahi is flooding from the inside."

"Strange. What do you think could cause this?"

"Nothing. Nothing should be able to cause this. At least... nothing natural."

"Then we'll investigate it soon. But not before we finish our mission here. Keep working on the map as best you can, and let me know if you observe anything else unusual." He turned his telescope back towards the distant shape of the Kumu Islets.

The sight before him was a strange one. Several of the islands had been cleared completely of trees, the beaches piled high with timber. Figures scurried like ants across the sand, dragging the timber towards small rafts on the shoreline, which were in turn being sailed towards one of the larger Islets further away.

Although Unit had never seen one himself, he was able to recognise the figures by their characteristic armour: Le-Matoran.

End of Part 2

- I must admit, I’m impressed by how many of you are all scheming. It’s going to make the latter half of this season all the more fun.

- I know you all put a lot of time and effort into your plotting and your posting, so I apologise for the stuff I’ve edited or removed. These episodes are already huge – if I included everything that everyone’s said and done, word for word, they’d be even longer.

- If you were travelling while this episode ended, you will arrive at your destination at the beginning of Episode 3.

- I think I’ve kept track of most of the people who are waiting for posts from me, but feel free to bump your PMs if you’re waiting for something. (I’ll be going to bed right after posting this, so I won’t be replying to any PMs until tomorrow).

- Finally… somebody please kill Elittra.

Episode 3 Begins Now!

Edited by Nato the Not-Great Spirit
  • Upvote 9

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuMRaHA3VZs

Let this fill your mind as you read Kaathe's brief sections.

Edited by Vox
  • Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Being frozen in time for a brief moment and unable to say "hey, halt, wasn't done bruh" is grand and will probably end up with the village destroyed. Thanks RL.

Its what I get for shortening down my posts in comparison to Bara Magna. Being specific has its bonuses.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Finally... somebody please kill Elittra.

I don't know she seems like a cool chick.

She is, but we're the coolest chicks.

Also, I believe this would be good for the episode theme.

Edited by Scrubbish
  • Upvote 1

you probably wouldn't say that after she hits on you.

i'm scared for my skin.

Hit on me? Yay, more lesbian fun times!

Serious question:
Are we sure that Unit was seeing Matoran?
For all we know he was seeing Levahk Va, as we know Pahrak (the bohrok, not the player) and Pahrak-Va can't swim, so I'd expect similar for Levahk; so it would make sense for them to need a raft.

Also as a seperate thing, why is no one wondering where Onewa got the Krana from?

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Psst, you're supposed to keep that sort of stuff secret.

Are we not keeping it secret? Or are we simply saying it to put you all on edge? Words can be misleading, my dear Trijhak.

SPECIAL VARIABLES

(I finally get to actually use this thing)

All across the island, groups of bandits are performing coordinated, calculated raids against all of the villages. 

In Ta-Wahi, the Ta-Koro guard were able to quickly and efficiently contain the situation, defeating the bandits, and reinforcing the people's faith in their army, and their leadership. 

Over in Ga-Wahi, it's much the same story. Seeing their marines bring the bandit ambush to a swift and decisive end has helped alleviate some of their fears regarding the situation in Naho bay. 

To everyone's surprise, the criminals hiding out in Po-Wahi helped in repelling the attacks of the outsider bandits. While the decision was almost certainly made for entirely selfish reasons, it had nonetheless helped bridge some of the divide between Po-Koro's two very different communities. 

The tale is less positive in Ko-Wahi. The Sanctum guard expedition sent to deal with the bandits blundered right into an ambush, losing five of their number before finally managing to vanquish their attackers. The failure has left the people shaken, and their confidence in their leadership has waned. 

In Onu-Wahi, some quick-thinking miners were able to collapse a tunnel on the bandits heads before they were able to do any real damage, proving once again the capability and skill of the Onu-Matoran.

None of this will have any direct impact on what's going on in your PMs. Just think of this stuff as background events to your main story. I'm mildly disappointed that the RNG didn't dole out bad results for some more of you, but such is the nature of randomly generated numbers. 

• Upvote 9

Huh.  Faith in me is waning?  Why?  the thing that just happened proves that going out of Ko-Koro right now is dangerous.  They should be grateful that I issued the order.

Huh. Faith in me is waning? Why? the thing that just happened proves that going out of Ko-Koro right now is dangerous. They should be grateful that I issued the order.

You would think that but RNG are God in these games. Besides we have bigger Rahi to deal with at hand. Edited by Chief TimeLord of Tesara

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Just a background thing, yeah.

I'm not giving you people more NPCs to throw at each other. 

• Upvote 4

Why not start with Elittra?